Do people hold contain in Defense. I am confused

Toshevv
1033 posts Professional
Maybe I am the only one but I chase people on my own and tackle them but sometimes I miss them cuz I Cant predict how they move?

I am confused how my opposition manages to always stay on my player even when I change position? I see that he is controlling hit?

How do you defend and how do you chase people? Manually or you hold contain to get to them?

Comments

• Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    Don’t defend let the ai do it
  • Ryno
    6533 posts Big Money Move
    Thats because they aren't the controlling the player that is in front of you
  • Verdi
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think some of them are. I haven't used the contain button for about 4 years and I just assumed nobody was, but in certain games players are stuck to me like magnets.
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    Williejno1 wrote: »
    Don’t defend let the ai do it

Welcome to FIFA, the E-sport where you don't actually need to know anything about the real sport or even know how to play because the game Will do it for you. I sometimes wonder if i'm playing FIFA or football manager. But it's easy to BE sure: football manager actually makes Sense...lol
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    I want to know also it's like contain but the player can push up onto you!! but good luck with anyone telling you on here how it's done
  • kayron16
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite
    Contain is awful imo. If you're covering with another player then 2nd man contain is ok
  • xJoGa7Bonito
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You won't get an answer here.. Its like a secret weapon I guess
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    You won't get an answer here.. Its like a secret weapon I guess

Because its situational. If you constantly hold 2nd man contain, there will be gaps to exploit.
  • forearms
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    X+L2
  • Kingkay
    1777 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018
    I contain only when the opponent think he’s Barca passing it around for 20 minutes yes otherwise he will just pass around me as the AI don’t pick up players

Also just hold down x when they are in a crossing position always blocks it
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Watch the top 100 players on fut champs replays, you can see their controller inputs. Even they do press contain, because they've OP players, they're more likely to auto tackle and win the ball. It's a rubbish mechanic and contain should be removed from the game.
  • Dronegan
    1123 posts Professional
    This game needs a simple solution. No autotackles or interceptions by AI controlled players. Especially aggressive interceptions where sometimes the AI will just plow through your player.

Make the AI more static. It will press and block to a degree but not tackle and mimic every movement of your player. Make it so that skillmoves are more effective and force players to control the closet player to the ball.

On the other hand make the manual defending more effective. No rebounds or 50-50 situations when you manually tackle someone. Encourage players to defend manually. Make it rewarding to manually defend.

Its not that hard, we all want it.
  • GEEMAN04
    660 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dronegan wrote: »
    This game needs a simple solution. No autotackles or interceptions by AI controlled players. Especially aggressive interceptions where sometimes the AI will just plow through your player.

Make the AI more static. It will press and block to a degree but not tackle and mimic every movement of your player. Make it so that skillmoves are more effective and force players to control the closet player to the ball.

On the other hand make the manual defending more effective. No rebounds or 50-50 situations when you manually tackle someone. Encourage players to defend manually. Make it rewarding to manually defend.

Well said bud
  • Diggy
    14738 posts Has That Special Something
    GEEMAN04 wrote: »
    Dronegan wrote: »

Well said bud