The issue impacting players who are attempting to access FUT via the apps and console should now be resolved.

Does anyone play manual shooting?

CharlieC
7231 posts Big Money Move
I had it switched on accidentally the other day and had a 5% shots on target ratio :lol: To be fair I didn't even realise it was on until I'd had about 5 shots that nearly hit the corner flag but even after that I was useless.

Just wondered if anyone uses it and how long it takes to get used to. I use manual passing and love it but this is above my skill level I think.

Comments

• RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    nope
  • Manual shooting is awesome when you get the hang of it. Offline modes (career) and with friends, I play full manual.

I could never do it on FUT because you'd get whooped. It's too easy to abuse the game mechanics on assisted.
  • CharlieC
    Manual shooting is awesome when you get the hang of it. Offline modes (career) and with friends, I play full manual.

I could never do it on FUT because you'd get whooped. It's too easy to abuse the game mechanics on assisted.

Would be interesting if WL had to be full manual. It would cause disquiet initially but I definitely think that pro events would benefit from going that way. Massive skill gap!
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3615 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    Imagine low driven shots on manual, oh dear lord.
  • Big_Bad_Wolf
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
  • LoboMauProfile
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I had it switched on accidentally the other day and had a 5% shots on target ratio :lol: To be fair I didn't even realise it was on until I'd had about 5 shots that nearly hit the corner flag but even after that I was useless.

Just wondered if anyone uses it and how long it takes to get used to. I use manual passing and love it but this is above my skill level I think.

It doesn't take that long to get used to it.
    When you are in front of goal you just need to keep your head cool and remember you can't direct the shot too much because basically the direction you aim is the direction the ball is gonna go.
    So, in the beggining, is better if you just try to aim at the goal and don't miss the shot. With time you will learn to aim to the place you want to shoot.
  • CharlieC
    CharlieC wrote: »

It doesn't take that long to get used to it.
    When you are in front of goal you just need to keep your head cool and remember you can't direct the shot too much because basically the direction you aim is the direction the ball is gonna go.
    So, in the beggining, is better if you just try to aim at the goal and don't miss the shot. With time you will learn to aim to the place you want to shoot.

I’m going to try it on online friendlies and see what I can do. It’s got to be better for your game in general if you learn how to master it!
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    If you play manual, you have no chance to beat someone on assisted simple as that.
    Unless its their first game
  • CharlieC
    Shehraj wrote: »
    If you play manual, you have no chance to beat someone on assisted simple as that.
    Unless its their first game

I like a challenge :wink:
  • joehuk
    3526 posts National Call-Up
    I use Semi Shooting and have done since starting FIFA.

Manual is just to much for online, but semi I can hold my own at times.

I actually find assisted shooting so silly and should be removed in competitive modes but it will never happen.
  • CeeQue
    11815 posts Has That Special Something
    Single player is nice. But with EA fabulous server's no effing way.
  • CharlieC
    joehuk wrote: »
    I use Semi Shooting and have done since starting FIFA.

Manual is just to much for online, but semi I can hold my own at times.

I actually find assisted shooting so silly and should be removed in competitive modes but it will never happen.

Completely agree. FIWC and feeder tournaments should have this as a requirement.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1183 posts Professional
    I think i might change to more manual settings again to be honest even if I'm at a disadvantage the game is just so stale right now.
  • Jonboyparker
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    No way. It's too hard for me... I have a first gen Xbox one and 10 year old TV. The delay is hard enough as it is.

I've been ripped apart by it though. Multipal Mbappe 40 year finesse shots!!!