Did you like the ability to skip opponents’ goal replays? - edit: plz see new poll

RayS
25642 posts Player of the Year
edited October 2018
Edit: please see new and improved poll on the topic. I’ve attempted to make the new poll as neutral as possible

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/422696/skipping-of-replays-poll

OP:
Seems they’ve patched this now so we’re back to the old days of people being able go watch all their replays.

Just curious if this change is actually supported by a majority of avid FIFA fans such as can be found on these forums.

Post edited by RayS on

Did you like the ability to skip opponents’ goal replays? - edit: plz see new poll 156 votes

Yes, I liked the ability to skip opponent replays.
82%
XequeSmudgeAlemas_2012LoboNoboZambo9Pieman25KoreanMeatballsL1vingl1feZzizou_10A Very Pretty Man mook76LeandrinhoSJR440pekkaa88DonkeyKongsevenWorbleBLUESBOY345number7rockyMini_Miudo 128 votes
No, I did not like the ability to skip opponent replays
17%
RonaldoOrikoruLiam WJoeAVFC1986NoToHullTigersopasni_PengwinAJS-17whatthehizzoagentxyz2CaptainDan-TubpacWilliejno1DailyTraderRetro_GReality_TqDerryboy1893senaffcGoonerJoe88TheJoker89 28 votes

Comments

• Ruffy
    475 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2018
    Is it just me or does it look like EA doesnt care what their fifa community actually wants
    Post edited by Ruffy on
  • agentxyz2
    815 posts Professional
    It was kind of frustrating not ever being able to see a replay in real time. I think I've seen about 5 out of a couple hundred goals . They should have put a middle ground of if both players skip then it can skip
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    It's not huge but I'll always let my opponents watch if they want but when they don't return the favour its a bit annoying. Majority of the time I press L1 R1 now anyway but sometimes I want to watch
  • LSB1210
    486 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes I do. I skip celebrations too. I would skip the other stupid cutscenes too if it was possible.
  • Fifafuthed
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nah I love making my opponent watch replays of my sweaty goals whilst taking a sip of my beer and giggling to myself like a little schoolgirl.
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you want to watch your replays you can see them at the end, there's literally no reason to watch them in the game other than trolling your opponent.

You can say "it's only a few seconds, you can wait!" but I'd counter its only a few minutes til the end of the match and you can watch all the highlights as much as you want without bothering anyone else.

It's immensely selfish to sit and watch your replays extensively throughout the game to be honest. It's a poor and outdated feature.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    The best thing ever
  • WarrenBarton
    7630 posts League Winner
    Can’t work out why they would patch this, maybe they didn’t mean for it to be a thing in the first place
  • Denz
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't need to see the 99% of crappy goals, more importantly is the celebration aspect, it seemed to cut short those which was equally as good.
  • QuinnUK87
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifafuthed wrote: »
    Nah I love making my opponent watch replays of my sweaty goals whilst taking a sip of my beer and giggling to myself like a little schoolgirl.

You need to get out more bro...
  • Worble
    1841 posts Play-Off Hero
    Probably more yes than no but I do wish I could have my cake and eat it. I don't want to watch their replays but I do like to use replays as a way of sucking the life out of the game and further derail my opponent's momentum.
  • CharlieC
    6688 posts Big Money Move
    Definitely thanks for making a poll about it @RayS
  • CharlieC
    6688 posts Big Money Move
    Sorry forgot to vote :lol:
  • jackm57
    2313 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't mind if an opponent wants to re-watch a screamer.

That's fair.

But people use this mechanic to waste time.

I do not want to sit through three replays of a tap in after you run to the centre circle and dab.

• RayS
    edited October 2018
    @DoonansNDragons @EA_Andy @EA_Lanna @EA_DarDar @EA_Cian @EA_Leeloo

Hey guys, here’s a quick sample size of what your some FIFA forumers think of the ability to skip opponent replays. I know it’s only 100 votes (at time of this post) but take into account that those who frequent the Forums are your more dedicated fan base. I think it’s significant.

After 101 votes:
    In favor of skipping opponent replays: 83%
    NOT in favor of skipping opponent replays: 17%
  • TheTataGuy
    1164 posts Professional
    agentxyz2 wrote: »
    It was kind of frustrating not ever being able to see a replay in real time. I think I've seen about 5 out of a couple hundred goals . They should have put a middle ground of if both players skip then it can skip

But the conceding players is always pressing skip...
  • Worble
    1841 posts Play-Off Hero
    RayS wrote: »

Hey guys, here’s a quick sample size of what your some FIFA forumers think of the ability to skip opponent replays. I know it’s only 100 votes (at time of this post) but take into account that those who frequent the Forums are your more dedicated fan base. I think it’s significant.

After 101 votes:

It is important to remember we only account for like 0.00001% of players and we're all hardcore. We probably share biased opinions because we are hardcore. The truth is, this vote doesn't speak for the community at large at all.... but it was interesting.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    They should have let you skip all replays. You still have the poeole who are 1-0 up in the 50th minute and watch every replay possible.
  • RayS
    edited October 2018
    Worble wrote: »

After 101 votes:

It is important to remember we only account for like 0.00001% of players and we're all hardcore. We probably share biased opinions because we are hardcore. The truth is, this vote doesn't speak for the community at large at all.... but it was interesting.

True. But I think there’s value in EA looking at the opinions of their most dedicated/hard core players. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the results would be similar if given to most FIFA players tho. It’s not some complicated game concept that only hard core fans would understand. Would be interesting if EA Twitter put out polls on some of their decisions.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Your question is phrased wrongly, but I didn't like people skipping through my replays...
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    If its a great goal and the opponent isn't a 41212 merchant, then no need to skip the replay.
  • Worble
    1841 posts Play-Off Hero

After 101 votes:

True. But I think there’s value in EA looking at the opinions of their most dedicated/hard core players. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the results would be similar if given to most FIFA players tho. It’s not some complicated game concept that only hard core fans would understand. Would be interesting if EA Twitter put out polls on some of their decisions.

If the vote is 50/50 like you have it then I would say the vast majority would want it gone with one demographic exception potentially being kids. That said, i'd also add an option for 'don't care eitherway' which is probably a reasonable bet for the larger community.

The crux of the issue is, why did they change it and then change it back at all without giving us reasons?
  • EA_Andy
    3264 posts EA Community Manager
    Not saying this would be changed based off of a single vote on the forum but I think the way the question/answers are posed can sway the voting a bit.

For example, you're asking did people like being able to skip their opponents goal replays. It's not really surprising that it's highly in favour of yes, in fact I'm surprised it's not higher. I never want to see my opponents goals.

What if the question/answer was along the lines of:

"Did you like that your opponent could always skip your replay no matter what kind of goal you'd just scored"

• Navraat
    3333 posts National Call-Up
    I liked to skip my opponents but didnt like it when he did
  • Yes, I liked the ability to skip opponent replays.
    I always skip replays, now people will watch the replays of all tramp* goals
  • Worble
    1841 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Not saying this would be changed based off of a single vote on the forum but I think the way the question/answers are posed can sway the voting a bit.

For example, you're asking did people like being able to skip their opponents goal replays. It's not really surprising that it's highly in favour of yes, in fact I'm surprised it's not higher. I never want to see my opponents goals.

"Did you like that your opponent could always skip your replay no matter what kind of goal you'd just scored"

Agreed but at the same time, accounting for every single minority situation is why we have permanent outrage in the first place. I don't think it is short-sighted to ignore a few very specific scenarios where seeing the replay would have been wanted. I mean, consoles allow for game cap and you have the instant replay feature in game for at the end.

Any chance of an honest answer as to whether this is purely to appease big streamers who like the replays for their live streams?

Just worth mentioning too: I would be in the 'i don't care' camp if that was an option on the vote.
  • dengah109
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Being able to skip replays was a good thing. Being forced to watch someones crappy/average goal followed by ridiculous over the top celebration was awful. Quite happy to watch someones goal if they have scored a screamer though. I agree with one of the early comments you can watch the replays at the end of the game as much as you want. I skip my goals for the reason I see no reason to rub my opponents face in it and make the game even longer when I can see them at the end as much as I want.
  • Yes, I liked the ability to skip opponent replays.
    I skip celebrations and replays instantly even when I score a great goal. I can watch it at the end of the match from every angle for as many times as I want in my own time.

Reverting back to the old way of forcing me to watch every replay of your tap in goal after your already lengthy, provoking celebration is obviously something I'm not a fan off.
  • EA_Andy
    3264 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Andy wrote: »

Agreed but at the same time, accounting for every single minority situation is why we have permanent outrage in the first place. I don't think it is short-sighted to ignore a few very specific scenarios where seeing the replay would have been wanted. I mean, consoles allow for game cap and you have the instant replay feature in game for at the end.

Any chance of an honest answer as to whether this is purely to appease big streamers who like the replays for their live streams?

Just worth mentioning too: I would be in the 'i don't care' camp if that was an option on the vote.

My honest answer is I'm not 100% sure why this was reverted. I already mentioned in another thread that my assumption would be that this was never intended to be in the game (that players could skip their opponents replay).

Me speaking as a fan and my personal opinion - this is still a game about football at the end of the day, replays are a big part of that. If I score a great goal I want to see it straight away, not skip straight back to kick off. If my opponent gets wound up by this then there's not much I can do about that.

Just as I can't do anything about them wanting to watch their goal - in that scenario it's on me to concede less.

I take replays as a chance to re-focus, have a sip of a drink, look away from the screen for a few seconds if I feel the need to or whatever it may be.
  • Idek
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2018
    I already ran to pick the ball up and skipped my replays last year, I just L1 + R1 straight away this year

You should watch the replays on your own time, the replays are used more to be annoying rather than watch a great goal unfortunately