OT: On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you rate your life?

Comments

• WillianDollaBaby
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think it’s easy to get run down in modern life, but I occasionally take stock and realise I’m pretty lucky.

I was by chance born in a nation that is stable with a good (not perfect) social structure.

I have a fantastic fiancée who I’m due to marry in 2020. I have good health, we both have good jobs, a roof over our heads-money for food etc. I have a good education from a good U.K university.

There’s plenty (millions in fact) who have no access to water, education, basic food, basic medicine/sanitation, etc.

It’s not that bad.

This part in particular does make you wonder and think why on earth am I feeling run down, do these people feel run down?

Then again they probably have no time to think about it due to having to think about so many other things.

I visited Turkey a while ago, everyone’s so happy despite having near enough nothing. Families living off near enough £200 a month but happy as you like.

Asked about the mental health in Turkey funnily enough to people I’d met, they say they don’t even have anything like that there. It does make you wonder.
  • ccooaattssyy
    7846 posts League Winner
    I think it’s easy to get run down in modern life, but I occasionally take stock and realise I’m pretty lucky.

I was by chance born in a nation that is stable with a good (not perfect) social structure.

I have a fantastic fiancée who I’m due to marry in 2020. I have good health, we both have good jobs, a roof over our heads-money for food etc. I have a good education from a good U.K university.

There’s plenty (millions in fact) who have no access to water, education, basic food, basic medicine/sanitation, etc.

It’s not that bad.

This part in particular does make you wonder and think why on earth am I feeling run down, do these people feel run down?

Then again they probably have no time to think about it due to having to think about so many other things.

I visited Turkey a while ago, everyone’s so happy despite having near enough nothing. Families living off near enough £200 a month but happy as you like.

Asked about the mental health in Turkey funnily enough to people I’d met, they say they don’t even have anything like that there. It does make you wonder.

I think poor mental health comes commonly from work and general life. It’s that everything has to be yesterday attitude, everything is so rushed. You see it every day on the way to work etc.

It isn’t helped by social media- and Perspective/comparison.

I think they maybe cherish the simple things more too tbh. Friends family etc.
    Keep your mind busy and make your body tired every day and the anxiety will melt away.

It’s no wonder people here have it when they lock themselves in their bedrooms 8 hours a day playing a game that only makes their lives worse.
  • Argie8
    5827 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    Pretty bad. Medical issues have majorly impacted my quality of life. But I have good friends, family, etc and have a roof over my head so gotta appreciate that at least.
  • Ulook92
    12896 posts Has That Special Something
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    Nothing to complain about

Kids do make your life more worth living dont they Coach.

I'm a little young for kids. Maybe its different where you live.

Its normal to have 3 kids by 17 where im from :trollface:
  • NooBish AbbZ
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    Drive a 340i(Did the Nürburgring in it again last month) have my ‘dream job’, Just started seeing a girl who i’ve Had a thing for for a while, and it’s going well :) Decent really, although my current living situation doesn’t allow me to have a pet, which is a significant negative. I’m gonna say an 8/10
  • arsenalap
    5142 posts Big Money Move
    arsenalap wrote: »
    I've had quite advanced cancer twice the past 2 years

**** hell mate

Yh, annoyingly I lost all my hair from my chemo, and it never really grew back. It's dented me a bit, i'll get used to it but it's just annoying.
  • arsenalap
    Not great at the moment have awful anxiety. Only really accepted it recently though, as in the past week or so. Anxiety to do with my health is the worst trait. Obviously that’s led to depression as well.

Weird talking about to so openly after not being able to talk about it though! In my head my life is a 1, in reality it would be a 6 if things were okay within. But sadly not!

Ah get help mate. Talking is always good, keeping it to yourself will be the worst thing you do.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Guess it's all relative.

Compared to half the world mine is probably a 9 or 10.

But compared to the small world I live in probably 5 or 6.

I'm normally a positive guy but I've had quite advanced cancer twice the past 2 years and it's dented my confidence and drive a bit. Need a change to kick it into gear.

And this is why I voted 10 for all you people who have been critical in this thread. I’m lucky enough to be healthy and in a good position in every other aspect.

@arsenalap keep fighting brother!
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    :)
  • Ulook92
    12896 posts Has That Special Something
    No one on here should be voting less than 5. Yeah you might have things going on in your life, iv been through a lot the past few years. But whatever youve got going on, guaranteed theres a lot worse out there. ffs @arsenalap has gone through cancer twice and still voted 5. Youre sat here with internet access, a roof over your head, clothes on your back, running water and in relitively good health and have the audacity to act like you have it hard. Think about those on deaths door or homeless and youll realise just what you have.
  • Argie8
    5827 posts Big Money Move
    No one on here should be voting less than 5. Yeah you might have things going on in your life, iv been through a lot the past few years. But whatever youve got going on, guaranteed theres a lot worse out there. ffs @arsenalap has gone through cancer twice and still voted 5. Youre sat here with internet access, a roof over your head, clothes on your back, running water and in relitively good health and have the audacity to act like you have it hard. Think about those on deaths door or homeless and youll realise just what you have.

Don't think you're in a position to comment on people's happiness with their life. You don't know what people have gone through.
    Making generalisations help nobody. Ignorant comment.
  • Carlos181
    3813 posts National Call-Up
    Healthy, semi-happy, relationship life is ok. Only thing that would make it better would be finding a better job that has a good foundation, and a gf that enjoys similar hobbies.
  • VICTAAAA
    10779 posts Has That Special Something

I try not to go a single day without acknowledging my privilege and how high my floor is relative to the rest of the world.
  • IDARYL
    5648 posts Big Money Move
    Its not hard to be happy with what you have the problem is people what what others have..all this fake Instagram crap. How many time do you see people win the lottery and claim it ruined there life
  • Currieman
    4953 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    I voted higher than I should have. I’ve always been a bit of an optimist :lol:

Mine is a 6 I think. Nothing major wrong with my life but a few things that I need to sort out. Fortunately I’ve got stuff in place to get to where I wanna be so I’m hoping I’ll be there in a few years.

I realise this is incredibly vague so sorry but just didn’t wanna go into massive detail.
  • Hippyboy6
    16885 posts World Class
    I've got my life back on track after a horrendous 18 months. Hit absolutely rock bottom after 3 close friends died in the space of 3 months. 2 from cancer, 1 took Thier own life as they couldn't cope. I had 6 months of counseling to stop me going the same way, it was the best thing I ever did as I wouldn't be here now without it.

I've now reconciled with my wife after just over a year of separation, back in the family home & my company is on the verge of a takeover that will give a large financial injection. I didn't think I'd ever get straight again but I did, hang in there @WillianDollaBaby & if you get the chance to get help, grab it with both hands as it can literally be a life changer.
  • arsenalap
    Guess it's all relative.

Compared to half the world mine is probably a 9 or 10.

But compared to the small world I live in probably 5 or 6.

I'm normally a positive guy but I've had quite advanced cancer twice the past 2 years and it's dented my confidence and drive a bit. Need a change to kick it into gear.

And this is why I voted 10 for all you people who have been critical in this thread. I’m lucky enough to be healthy and in a good position in every other aspect.

@arsenalap keep fighting brother!

Thanks mate :)
  • RBailss
    12061 posts Has That Special Something
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    I've got my life back on track after a horrendous 18 months. Hit absolutely rock bottom after 3 close friends died in the space of 3 months. 2 from cancer, 1 took Thier own life as they couldn't cope. I had 6 months of counseling to stop me going the same way, it was the best thing I ever did as I wouldn't be here now without it.

I've now reconciled with my wife after just over a year of separation, back in the family home & my company is on the verge of a takeover that will give a large financial injection. I didn't think I'd ever get straight again but I did, hang in there @WillianDollaBaby & if you get the chance to get help, grab it with both hands as it can literally be a life changer.

Good to hear @Hippyboy6
  • Wonderfulwest
    4693 posts National Call-Up
    Reus wrote: »
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Anyone taller than 6'5 is a freak tbh. Ideal height is 6'0-6'3

On the internet anyone shorter than 6ft5 is a manlet

I’m 6ft2 does that mean I’m a midget ?
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    No one on here should be voting less than 5. Yeah you might have things going on in your life, iv been through a lot the past few years. But whatever youve got going on, guaranteed theres a lot worse out there. ffs arsenalap has gone through cancer twice and still voted 5. Youre sat here with internet access, a roof over your head, clothes on your back, running water and in relitively good health and have the audacity to act like you have it hard. Think about those on deaths door or homeless and youll realise just what you have.

What an idiotic thing to say.
  • arsenalap
    edited October 2018
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    No one on here should be voting less than 5. Yeah you might have things going on in your life, iv been through a lot the past few years. But whatever youve got going on, guaranteed theres a lot worse out there. ffs arsenalap has gone through cancer twice and still voted 5. Youre sat here with internet access, a roof over your head, clothes on your back, running water and in relitively good health and have the audacity to act like you have it hard. Think about those on deaths door or homeless and youll realise just what you have.

What an idiotic thing to say.

Everything is relative. Throughout my treatment I kept thinking it's **** but there's many people who are far worse than me but they smile each day so I have nothing to complain about. I still maintain that, but mentally it's tough when the direct people around you are in a much better place than you are.

Nobody has a right to tell anyone how good or bad their lives are, but to me if you have a reasonable job and home, you're healthy as are your loved ones, and you're loved by people then your life is an 8 but it's just a number anyway. I think many people have this and still rate their lives as a 6 or whatever, but that's where it's misleading as many people compare themselves to what's on social media when they shouldn't.

Obviously if someone has another problem which makes them unhappy then that's something else. It really depends who you're comparing your life to, the whole population, what you see on social media, or the people around you.
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »

Very happy to hear this. You have always been a stand up bloke.

Onwards and upwards.