Are icons gonna oversature the game?

Ronaldo
3901 posts National Call-Up
I had a discussion with a mate about this, how in just 2 years the amount of icons in the game is astonishing. And how already most of the top players in the game are icons, mind you icons have only been a thing for 2 years. Now imagine 3 heard from now. If EA keep up with adding 5-15 icons a year with 3 versions is it safe to say the game will be oversaturated with icons?

Comments

• CaptainDan-
    1854 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maybe they will make icons harder to pull so although there will be lots of different icons they will be expensive and rare. That or control the amount using SBC
  • Ryno
    6533 posts Big Money Move
    Icons are too high rated and expensive to truly saturate the market.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    We need a cap of 3 icons per team, that would tone down the p2w somewhat.
  • senaffc
    1155 posts Professional
    They are really rare, so no.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero

yeah many gold NIFs are better than the majority of icons. only a few icons are truly incredible.
  • Moose Factory
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    Well legends have been on Xbox since 15 when coin buying was at its peak and I don’t recall oversaturation... but I’m old and my memory is selective.

I kind of preferred when there was just one version, see image below of 17, however the prices were ridiculous which made it difficult to try out many of them. So for the no FP spent crowd grabbing a base icon is doable. Double edge sword.

New-FUT-17-Legends-for-FIFA-Ultimate-Team-Complete-List.jpg
  • JuanTap
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Maybe they will make icons harder to pull so although there will be lots of different icons they will be expensive and rare. That or control the amount using SBC

They've made them much harder to pull, barely any on the market even for some of the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ones. Pathetic pack weights.

Icons generate them so much FIFA point profit as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ actually believe they'll pack one from 12k fifa pointsa, Cruyff this year has sent people crazy. Imagine if the likes of Zidane are added...
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

yeah many gold NIFs are better than the majority of icons. only a few icons are truly incredible.

Great icons are in abundance mate, whilst the gold cards that truly shine and are gamechanging i can count on one hand:
    tier 1:Cr7, pogba, mbappe, neymar, courtois
    tier2: messi, hazard, sandro, kante, davinson/dijk/varane
  • greif44
    3661 posts National Call-Up
    No, they won`t oversaturate the game as the chances of pulling an icon are veeery slim.
  • ICUP
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018

Fifa 18 Bakayoko
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3650 posts National Call-Up
    Ronaldo wrote: »
    I had a discussion with a mate about this, how in just 2 years the amount of icons in the game is astonishing. And how already most of the top players in the game are icons, mind you icons have only been a thing for 2 years. Now imagine 3 heard from now. If EA keep up with adding 5-15 icons a year with 3 versions is it safe to say the game will be oversaturated with icons?

I cons have been around alot longer than 2 year. They were legends back in Fifa 14 before being renamed last year.
  • Grifan
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    It kind of sucks that because of sbcs for icons needing an icon I won't be able to get one to try for a bit and no chance will he live up to 450k worth
  • Lunty
    2496 posts Fans' Favourite

Great icons are in abundance mate, whilst the gold cards that truly shine and are gamechanging i can count on one hand:
    tier 1:Cr7, pogba, mbappe, neymar, courtois

Cr7 and Courtois in tier 1 :lol:

Messi and Kante in tier 2 :lol:
  • CtldChaos
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018

tier 1:Cr7, pogba, mbappe, neymar, courtois, De Gea

Fixed it for you.... your welcome.... :pB)
  • keronc
    1089 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    I played against an all PRIME icon team in Rivals this weekend. I lost 3-1. The icons were faster, stronger and got all the 50-50 balls. It was the most frustrating match I have played on 19. My players just got pushed out of the way on every challenge.
  • pekkaa88
    6646 posts Big Money Move
    New icons will be added and old ones removes
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    I packed Shearer from an sbc pack a couple of weeks ago. Guess I got really lucky as there is never more than a page on the market at once. He is fun to use but there will be better players as the game goes on and any random player can be given a 90 plus rated card for no reason at all.
    The SBC Griezmann last year was ridiculous and makes this Shearer card look like a bronze!
  • CfcBlue
    3808 posts National Call-Up
    Only a handful of icons are good this year. I’ve tried a lot of middle to prime icons that aren’t r9,r10, Eusebio, Cruyff and none felt any better than top rated player. The mechanics and crap goal scoring hat goes on doesn’t let that happen.
  • BondJame5Collins
    1992 posts Fans' Favourite
    No, because Icons are expensive and 80-84 rated players are incredibly low. Most won't be able to raise enough this year.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    keronc wrote: »
    I played against an all PRIME icon team in Rivals this weekend. I lost 3-1. The icons were faster, stronger and got all the 50-50 balls. It was the most frustrating match I have played on 19. My players just got pushed out of the way on every challenge.

This is why there needs to be a limitation of three icons per team. When you've experienced this horror it scars you for life.
  • HysxteriA
    4059 posts National Call-Up
    Low tier yes high tier no.

Look how many CR7's are in the market in comparison to every icon +2m.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    edited October 2018
    CfcBlue wrote: »
    Only a handful of icons are good this year. I’ve tried a lot of middle to prime icons that aren’t r9,r10, Eusebio, Cruyff and none felt any better than top rated player. The mechanics and crap goal scoring hat goes on doesn’t let that happen.

"Baby" blanc, mid desailly, baby maldini, rijkaard, ferdinand, seedorf, nedved, del piero... the list goes on. Plenty of non-meta icons who are beasts.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6217 posts Big Money Move

Well I have never packed an icon prior to this fifa. I’ve packed two primes. Maybe I’m lucky. But they don’t seem to harder to get.
  • BeardedBerk
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Personally I use to like it when the icons where much more rare and it felt more special to have one instead of it being much easier now to have them.

Packed Lineker on 15 and still my best pull on fifa