Are all accounts equal?

1
GreezyWeezyLDN
1323 posts Professional
After some SHOCKING luck in my rewards yesterday, I felt more than ever that my account is flagged or something.

Today, I decided to open all the promo packs at the same time as Castro1021 to compare. Cost around £60.

He packed Neur, Otamendi, Scream Fellani and a few other boards.

I got Martial.

I had some points left over so spent on 7.5k packs as he was.

From 5 of them I didn't get a rare player.

He packed Icon Nedved. From a 7.5k pack. Yep.

I understand it's "luck" but this this not the first time things like this have happened.

Him packing all that and me getting Martial just doesn't make sense.

What are the odds? It's like someone standing next to you an getting struck by lightning twice.

You lot can say tin foil hat ECT but I'm so sure that either my account is nerfed or his is boosted because of who he is. Either the way it's ******

Seems far fetched but I work in finance and have seen companies do much worse to make money.



Comments

  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Every year I spend more than anyone should on this game and everyone else thy spends peanuts gets way better stuff than me. Last year was the only time I have EVER gotten anything huge in all of my FUT years when I packed middle Gullit on Black Friday. I had spent a lot by then so while I had great luck at that moment, I didn’t have luck the entire year except for that instant and once later in the year when I packed a 97 Messi. Every year I usually pack nothing but I got lucky twice last year. This year back to the same as usual so far. Nothing for me while people that don’t spend much are packing CR7 and Icons. Some dude that doesn’t spend much has posted about getting 5-6 big (200k+) pulls already, mostly from SBCs, while I haven’t even sniffed a 200k pull—De Gea is by far my best pull this year and the only one breaking 100k.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

    Lol I understand probability. The lighting strike was just an example, I k ow it's not the same
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Every year I spend more than anyone should on this game and everyone else thy spends peanuts gets way better stuff than me. Last year was the only time I have EVER gotten anything huge in all of my FUT years when I packed middle Gullit on Black Friday. I had spent a lot by then so while I had great luck at that moment, I didn’t have luck the entire year except for that instant and once later in the year when I packed a 97 Messi. Every year I usually pack nothing but I got lucky twice last year. This year back to the same as usual so far. Nothing for me while people that don’t spend much are packing CR7 and Icons. Some dude that doesn’t spend much has posted about getting 5-6 big (200k+) pulls already, mostly from SBCs, while I haven’t even sniffed a 200k pull—De Gea is by far my best pull this year and the only one breaking 100k.

    Your luck dwarfs my luck though. Had the same account since 2013. Played every year. Like you, spent way to much. Played FUT champs at least 80% of weekends and completed 100's of SBC's.

    Never packed a player that sold for more than 300k. Let alone a Messi, R9 or a legend/Icon

    I'm telling ya, EA either hate me (lol) or they have me flagged me as a cash cow "don't give his guy any big pulls so he keeps buying points"
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    From One end of the spectrum, it makes Sense to give good rewards to youtubers /streamers to convince others to opening packs. On the other end, if people pack nothing all the time, they stop spending... In the end, it's probably all about luck, i Guess. Or Maybe not... Who knows?!?! One thing is certain: if EA did this and people found out, EA would be in a lot of trouble, which i don't think is a position they need to put themselves in to. ..
  • Momus
    1835 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think you’re ignoring the number of scenarios Castro has opened packs vs you. I don’t follow him so I don’t know about his previous luck but I assume he’s spent thousands on packs whereas you probably haven’t; he was going to get good pulls at some point, it just so happened to happen when you were doing the same thing.

    Therefore the odds of that happening aren’t that amazing really.
  • Kingkay
    1777 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve not spent a penny and made about 400k+ from sbcs lol
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    2823 posts Fans' Favourite
    You’re defo right OP, David meyler packed like 10 icons last year, it’s a joke
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Momus wrote: »
    I think you’re ignoring the number of scenarios Castro has opened packs vs you. I don’t follow him so I don’t know about his previous luck but I assume he’s spent thousands on packs whereas you probably haven’t; he was going to get good pulls at some point, it just so happened to happen when you were doing the same thing.

    Therefore the odds of that happening aren’t that amazing really.

    Valid point, but over the same amount of packs, odds should be the same, regardless of what's happened in the past. Just because someone buys lotto ticket every week that doesn't make them any more likely to win on any given day
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Kingkay wrote: »
    I’ve not spent a penny and made about 400k+ from sbcs lol

    I've made plenty of coins mate. But just through bits an pieces.
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    pretty sure streamers get better rewards so people actually see them packing, so you're willing to spend to get some and obviously be disapointed but you already spent so ea is happy, thats how marketing works lads ;)
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Every year I spend more than anyone should on this game and everyone else thy spends peanuts gets way better stuff than me. Last year was the only time I have EVER gotten anything huge in all of my FUT years when I packed middle Gullit on Black Friday. I had spent a lot by then so while I had great luck at that moment, I didn’t have luck the entire year except for that instant and once later in the year when I packed a 97 Messi. Every year I usually pack nothing but I got lucky twice last year. This year back to the same as usual so far. Nothing for me while people that don’t spend much are packing CR7 and Icons. Some dude that doesn’t spend much has posted about getting 5-6 big (200k+) pulls already, mostly from SBCs, while I haven’t even sniffed a 200k pull—De Gea is by far my best pull this year and the only one breaking 100k.

    Addiction is a destructive thing and there is no shame in seeking help. Call a gambling hotline.
  • Rpmarsh_2706
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I feel your pain. Usually must years I pack nothing, so far this year I have packed George Best, Neymar and IF Icardi.

    I expect next year to resort back to normal poor pack luck.

    A lad a work parked two icons in two packs.
  • number7rocky
    5914 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    This is going to get closed lol
  • Nibbs66
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    George Bennett, Animal Farm - "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".
  • Boommaametw3
    3059 posts National Call-Up
    No secret new accounts,people who barely play or people who don't spend money get the best "luck". If you play fifa a lot or you spend a lot, you won't pack anything cause they know if they give Prime R9 you won't buy fifapoint rest of the year.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Nibbs66 wrote: »
    George Bennett, Animal Farm - "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

    Well played, sir. Outstanding
  • Momus
    1835 posts Play-Off Hero
    Momus wrote: »
    I think you’re ignoring the number of scenarios Castro has opened packs vs you. I don’t follow him so I don’t know about his previous luck but I assume he’s spent thousands on packs whereas you probably haven’t; he was going to get good pulls at some point, it just so happened to happen when you were doing the same thing.

    Therefore the odds of that happening aren’t that amazing really.

    Valid point, but over the same amount of packs, odds should be the same, regardless of what's happened in the past. Just because someone buys lotto ticket every week that doesn't make them any more likely to win on any given day

    Yeah but you can’t expect a similar outcome in an isolated case. If someone flips a coin 2000 times, the results will be pretty much 50/50, but at some point that person is likely to get 10 heads in a row (1/1024). Now if you were to observe just those 10 flips you would think it almost unbelievable but give enough instances the improbable is in fact probable.

    Castro’s opening resembles the 10 heads in a row, as he has probably opened this amount of packs a few times a week since launch.
  • Boommaametw3
    3059 posts National Call-Up
    You’re defo right OP, David meyler packed like 10 icons last year, it’s a joke

    Dude don't joke with David Meyler!!!. Dude opened like 500K fifapoints just for TOTY. He is due to pack some icons. These streamer spend a lot, they just edit and show the best ones and fake reactions. Castro had like 700K fifapoint at the start
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    No secret new accounts,people who barely play or people who don't spend money get the best "luck". If you play fifa a lot or you spend a lot, you won't pack anything cause they know if they give Prime R9 you won't buy fifapoint rest of the year.

    Hmmm, just in tbe name of research I'm tempted to make a new account, open all the packs again an see how it go's on a new account
  • gizzzzy
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I feel accounts that make allot of money trading never pack anything descent. Last year i got to gold 1 at least 25 times and did almost every sbc never packed anything over 100k. best pull in fifa 18 was kante.
  • WarrenBarton
    10473 posts Has That Special Something
    Nibbs66 wrote: »
    George Bennett, Animal Farm - "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

    George Orwell 🙃
  • Nibbs66
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nibbs66 wrote: »
    George Bennett, Animal Farm - "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

    George Orwell 🙃

    lolz, close enough. It was 2001 when we did it in English!
  • Colt_seevers
    1431 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    I’m a founder. Never packed an icon, Messi or Ronaldo. In fact the best untradable pull I’ve ever had was an if lukaku last year, which I sold for 180k or so. Your pain, I feel it and then some!
  • LazyFIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you then take a look at the bigger picture, Castro has spent near a million Fifa points. So what he has packed doesn't look as great in comparison.

    I do agree with your point to a degree though, my brother is similar in skill level so our packs are always the same with rewards and his account is 6 years newer than mine and my pack luck is always trash. He however just gets consistent luck.
  • Armand-Kenpachi
    16 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Pretty sure all accounts are not equal. EA has data to a lot of things, including your spendings, app data and facebook profile likes etc. All they have to do is give every account a certain grade of how much they can spend and how many times they should give a good player in order to keep people spending. If you don't buy FIFA point for a long time, your luck should increase (think in like 6 months not buying anything).
  • Slawter
    4031 posts National Call-Up
    You’re defo right OP, David meyler packed like 10 icons last year, it’s a joke

    Not like he's a pro footballer who likely spends more money on fifa points than most people make in a year.

    Yes, all accounts have the same chance for the same players, why would they even implement any other system.
    I've never had good luck in packs, ever, but it's all chance. Streamers/youtubers, etc. are horrible examples because they pump thousands into the game and often only show the good stuff.
  • KurtyH
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    No secret new accounts,people who barely play or people who don't spend money get the best "luck". If you play fifa a lot or you spend a lot, you won't pack anything cause they know if they give Prime R9 you won't buy fifapoint rest of the year.

    This seems legit

    Had my account from 2013 never packed anything highest pull player was 150K and on most occasions get absolutely nothing, opened a new account for my girlfriend and she packed so many players including a Suarez and Icon in first 2 weeks

    It's a joke Its all about the money ££££££££££££££

    It's a Business model and EA are Business so believing it's luck is more than naive
  • Slawter
    4031 posts National Call-Up
    I imagine most of the people in this thread also believe a rabbits foot will bring them luck, never open an umbrella inside, and never miss their weekly horoscope.

    Hell, the idea of "beginners luck" is a supersition itself, and the explanation actually sums up the whole "new account conspiracy" quite nicely.
    537e2c3b845a95a3a12f92d382b6ec41.png
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018
    Remember that EA pays people to promote their games.

    Some of the pulls you see you on this forum are by EA employees. With the simple goal to get you to spend more money.

    It's the same in the trading threads. They see what people have invested in and go the opposite on SBCS and POTM to prevent them from getting as much profit as possible for spending their life on the Web app (each go theory own). It's still wrong though.

    I wouldn't be supported if the coding for FIFA include a script for money spent vs player pack probability
Sign In or Register to comment.