“Picking up the Pieces” SEASON 3: FC Utrecht | Fast Forward post |

Comments

• Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    I like the 4141 switching to a 433 if needed. Gives you options to adjust to during games without having to make subs.

Great start to the year, beating PSV is a big surprise. Couldn't have asked for a better European start.
  • Danimal5981
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    OMG, Zivko on fire! He totally did not show that at Ajax, not one single minute. And now look....
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Wow this team looks like they do mean it serious now. Zivkovic is a weapon. Hopefully he stays healthy.
    Great displays especially with a huge win against PSV and then two solid results in europe. Kuyt did show a good hand there with the team changes.
  • Wyojasond
    11551 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I like the 4141 switching to a 433 if needed. Gives you options to adjust to during games without having to make subs.

Great start to the year, beating PSV is a big surprise. Couldn't have asked for a better European start.
    OMG, Zivko on fire! He totally did not show that at Ajax, not one single minute. And now look....
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Wow this team looks like they do mean it serious now. Zivkovic is a weapon. Hopefully he stays healthy.
    Great displays especially with a huge win against PSV and then two solid results in europe. Kuyt did show a good hand there with the team changes.

Zivkovic has been lethal so far. He had a great end to last season but he’s found a whole new gear. This setup with him as the lone striker really suits him. The team we from almost no pace to crazy fast this year. Lucumi and Dos Santos are causing havoc on the wings.
  • Wyojasond
    qjRfY4H.jpg

v0jezg8.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    blI2n30.jpg
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Almost perfect start, with an impressive victory on PSV, things couldn't have started any better for Kuyt.

And showing strength in the Europa League playoff. We'll see how the team perform in 3 different competitions, as I guess that the draw against AZ (a good team though) was in between the European games.
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    A fantastic start to the season progressing in the Europa League and remaining unbeaten in three in the league second place at this stage is a great achievement
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Going back a little ways, Milton Valenzuela is on loan to Columbus Crew SC this season, so I actually recognized a player. :o

I guess Dirk has made some of his critics eat crow as the team is off to a good start, especially with that win over PSV. Europa League draw could have been worse. Now things get interesting.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    A favorable draw I would say. Besiktas will be the toughest opponent on paper but is also beatable. Zivkovic does get the chance now to shine on the european stage.
  • Wyojasond
    subpop wrote: »
    Almost perfect start, with an impressive victory on PSV, things couldn't have started any better for Kuyt.

And showing strength in the Europa League playoff. We'll see how the team perform in 3 different competitions, as I guess that the draw against AZ (a good team though) was in between the European games.
    Yeah the AZ game was in between. Trying to keep it so my graphics are all lumped together so I don’t have to spend as much time on them as in the past.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A fantastic start to the season progressing in the Europa League and remaining unbeaten in three in the league second place at this stage is a great achievement
    Yeah Kuyt couldn’t have asked for anything better. Team is flying at the moment.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Going back a little ways, Milton Valenzuela is on loan to Columbus Crew SC this season, so I actually recognized a player. :o

I guess Dirk has made some of his critics eat crow as the team is off to a good start, especially with that win over PSV. Europa League draw could have been worse. Now things get interesting.
    A favorable draw I would say. Besiktas will be the toughest opponent on paper but is also beatable. Zivkovic does get the chance now to shine on the european stage.

Valenzuela was one of the first targets in the summer but I won’t lie he hasn’t looked great so far. The Europa League draw was very very favorable. Beşiktaş sold off a lot of there best players so I really like our chances in this group.
  • Wyojasond
    6 games bring 6 wins for FC Utrecht as Richario Zivkovic finds an all new gear with 10 goals across the Eredivise and Europa League. With his new teammates settling in nicely, and Dirk Kuyt showing he knows his way around the sidelines, Utrecht might be a true power this year.

Ypg4ywi.jpg

rsrEeDs.jpg

bTJpWOO.jpg
    “It’s unbeliveable. I’ve always had faith in my abilities but I won’t lie that it’s been tough the last few years. Coming back to Utrecht I felt I had a lot to prove. It also doesn’t hurt having guys like Lucumi, Overeem and Zaracho feeding you the ball all game.~ Richairio Zivkovic on his hot start to the season
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    What can you say about those results except "Bravo!". :D
  • Wyojasond
    gLLzlzV.jpg
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Wow what did Kuyt give this lads in the locker room? Insane form especially up front. Zivkovic and his offensive mates are killing it.
  • Wyojasond
    Bradley Dean sits quietly in the corner of his booth at a local pub. His friend and partner Samantha Carroll is on her way to meet him. An amazing start to the season has seen Utrecht’s club value sky rocket and Dean is excited to celebrate......he also has some other things he wants to discuss with Sam....
    “Sam, over here. Waiter, a bottle of red wine please.”
    “Wine? Screw that! Waiter bring us a bottle of scotch, evidently my friend here has some exciting news and anytime that happens I usually need to drink that”
    “Why do you immediately think just because I want to talk that it’s bad news? You’ll be excited to know that this is all good news, the best news ever perhaps. Sam I know you’ve not always been a fan of my bachelor ways, and let’s face it you’ve never liked any of the girls I’ve dated. It’s taken me a long time to realize it but after everything that’s happened in the last year, I think I’m finally ready to slow down and I’ve realized that maybe what I need has been in front of me the whole time....”
    Samantha almost chokes on her scotch as Bradley pulls out a huge diamond ring. She gathers herself and is about to speak when Bradley interrupts her....
    “So what do you think, do you think she’ll like it?l
    “She?”
    Just then a woman walks up and throws her hands to her mouth. Bradley grins and gets down on one knee in front of her...

“Well I had planned to do this tomorrow night, but I guess now is as good a time as any. Erika Conrad will you marry me”
    HGw5BrL.jpg
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought Sam was getting a promotion for a second then :lol: the team have started the season amazingly especially the strikers they look unstoppable both in Europe and the league
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    Keep them goals coming; that production line is amazing - 3.014 goals per match!
  • subpop
    The team flies... unbelievable run of results to reach a well deserve top position. Even more impressive considering that the good results continue in Europe too.
  • Wyojasond
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    What can you say about those results except "Bravo!". :D
    Wow what did Kuyt give this lads in the locker room? Insane form especially up front. Zivkovic and his offensive mates are killing it.
    It’s been unbeliveable how good the attack has been. Zivkovic is getting delivered great balls and almost wide open nets.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    I thought Sam was getting a promotion for a second then :lol: the team have started the season amazingly especially the strikers they look unstoppable both in Europe and the league
    Keep them goals coming; that production line is amazing - 3.014 goals per match!
    The team flies... unbelievable run of results to reach a well deserve top position. Even more impressive considering that the good results continue in Europe too.

I don’t think I’ve ever had such a free scoring squad in my life. It’s almost scary some of the chances we’ve missed. Schedule is fairly easy til December too, who knows what we’ll do.
  • Wyojasond
    October brings a new set of challenges for FC Utrecht as they play there biggest game in the Europa League yet and as they look to continue there hot start in the league.

ecFjDWp.jpg

MeVx0NT.jpg
    “8 in a row....I just can’t even put that into context. Counting the Europa League it’s 11 in a row and we are scoring goals like we are playing in the youth leagues again. What’s better is that I think we still have so much to improve on. I don’t think I’ve ever been apart of something quite like this before.~ Jan van Overeem
  • Wyojasond
    Hx6pZfE.jpg

J2kRikP.jpg

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Zivkovic...daaaamn calm down. They are already dead :D
    This team is insane. I'm still thinking whether Kuyt is taking the team to special dutch coffee shops ahead of the games. This offense is insane. Averaging 3.5 goals per game. Who should be able to go this pace if even Besiktas gets completely humilated?
  • Wyojasond
    zKBjDiC.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    Last time Bradley Dean wasn't at the club, everything went wrong. Would be a pity to see this streak end.
  • subpop
    I ran out of words to describe how well the team is doing. Absolutely brilliant!!!

Congratulations to Bradley Dean, BTW.

Which level are you playing? I compare this to my story... and I get depressed. :D
  • Wyojasond
    Zivkovic...daaaamn calm down. They are already dead :D
    This team is insane. I'm still thinking whether Kuyt is taking the team to special dutch coffee shops ahead of the games. This offense is insane. Averaging 3.5 goals per game. Who should be able to go this pace if even Besiktas gets completely humilated?
    :D :D :D They are definitely taking something. Easily the most high scoring team I’ve ever had.
    Last time Bradley Dean wasn't at the club, everything went wrong. Would be a pity to see this streak end.
    That’s certainly a worry but he shouldn’t miss too much time.
    I ran out of words to describe how well the team is doing. Absolutely brilliant!!!

Congratulations to Bradley Dean, BTW.

Which level are you playing? I compare this to my story... and I get depressed. :D
    @subpop. I’m playing on Legendary with the OS sliders. A lot of these results were right after the first update.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    fOx3F0T.gif
    "Congratulations Bradley me boy! Here's to a brighter tomorrow."

• Wyojasond
    Utrecht looks to continue its winning ways as they play 4 huge games across the Eredivise and Europa League. With back to back games against Besiktas and Feyenoord the team will surely be tested.

NPIkHLp.jpg

NXtmjTv.jpg
    I think we all understand just how amazing this run is. We have locked up first in the Europa League group and I think we are looking forward to the big game with Ajax in December. Obviously we can’t overlook any team in front of us, but we now know how good we can be and our goals have certainly changed. ~Jeison Lucumi who scored 4 goals in November.
  • Wyojasond
    MnSMoMa.jpg

6M3w6mM.jpg