The injustice is too much

OfficerJimlahey
1843 posts Play-Off Hero
EA need to seriously assess what type of football they believe should be encouraged and rewarded. This is not an arcade game where you find the effective exploits and spam them, this is a football game played by football fans. The thing we all have in common is a shared love of football, use that mantra and adjust the game accordingly.

ATM Clear chances calved out through good football mean nothing. You can create all game and get turned over by ndidi banging one from 30 yards and a near post corner

Someone sitting back all game and hitting you on the break is far more worthy of the win in EAs eyes, the fundamentals of football are out the window. It’s bull*, total bull*. Yeah it happens irl from time to time but this is almost every single miserable game

My record is terrible but I don’t class myself as bad at the game, I just think a lot of people are prepared to sink to lows that I won’t. It’s football, it’s meant to resemble football and be a representation of the football you like.

Comments

  • Theomanny
    1974 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well said mate. They will never make it rewarding if u want to play football. Lately I have been hitting the post more than 3 times per game. Even when am goals done, am still hitting the post all because I am trying to play football by breaking down my opponents only to keep hitting the post time after time
  • kayron16
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite
    Problem is whatever type of game they produce something will always be more effective than everything else. Once the community finds out what that is it'll get spammed to death as it has in every version of Fifa.
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    EA need to seriously assess what type of football they believe should be encouraged and rewarded. This is not an arcade game where you find the effective exploits and spam them, this is a football game played by football fans. The thing we all have in common is a shared love of football, use that mantra and adjust the game accordingly.

    ATM Clear chances calved out through good football mean nothing. You can create all game and get turned over by ndidi banging one from 30 yards and a near post corner

    Someone sitting back all game and hitting you on the break is far more worthy of the win in EAs eyes, the fundamentals of football are out the window. It’s bull*, total bull*. Yeah it happens irl from time to time but this is almost every single miserable game

    My record is terrible but I don’t class myself as bad at the game, I just think a lot of people are prepared to sink to lows that I won’t. It’s football, it’s meant to resemble football and be a representation of the football you like.

    please don't ba hating on NDIDI , he is one of the best DM in world football and scores rockets for his Nation as well

  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Yup. I'm punished for wanting to play football and manually defend. I've stopped playing FIFA within a month lol. Such a waste of money.
  • senaffc
    1155 posts Professional
    Yesterday I was so bored that I tried one match with a bronze team. My opponent smashed me all the match but couldn't score more than 1 goal. At the end of the match I crossed the ball and scored the equalizer. Totally undeserved, but it is how this game is. You can control 90% of the match and still concede from corners/crosses or finesse shot outside the box, this certainly will happen in 2 of 3 matches that you play. Shamefull.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Theomanny wrote: »
    Well said mate. They will never make it rewarding if u want to play football. Lately I have been hitting the post more than 3 times per game. Even when am goals done, am still hitting the post all because I am trying to play football by breaking down my opponents only to keep hitting the post time after time

    It’s the same story for everyone that tries to play. You are at an immediate disadvantage if you try to take the game to your opponent. You’re left open to cheap OP counters
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    kayron16 wrote: »
    Problem is whatever type of game they produce something will always be more effective than everything else. Once the community finds out what that is it'll get spammed to death as it has in every version of Fifa.

    That’s true, but for example in FUT 11 over the top through balls to gabby and nilmar were OP but it was bearable because real football was also rewarded. The balance is all wrong and goes against the team willing to emulate football
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    @senaffc says it all tbf, I’m not surprised (sadly)
  • robrau83
    246 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA need to seriously assess what type of football they believe should be encouraged and rewarded. This is not an arcade game where you find the effective exploits and spam them, this is a football game played by football fans. The thing we all have in common is a shared love of football, use that mantra and adjust the game accordingly.

    ATM Clear chances calved out through good football mean nothing. You can create all game and get turned over by ndidi banging one from 30 yards and a near post corner

    Someone sitting back all game and hitting you on the break is far more worthy of the win in EAs eyes, the fundamentals of football are out the window. It’s bull*, total bull*. Yeah it happens irl from time to time but this is almost every single miserable game

    My record is terrible but I don’t class myself as bad at the game, I just think a lot of people are prepared to sink to lows that I won’t. It’s football, it’s meant to resemble football and be a representation of the football you like.

    Did you watch the world cup? England won their matches like this and France also. Sit back, counter. England added corners as well to that recipe.
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    I can do an overhead kick with Sokratis from 20 yds out but Willian cant even perform a simple ball roll at times when I need him to?
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    robrau83 wrote: »
    EA need to seriously assess what type of football they believe should be encouraged and rewarded. This is not an arcade game where you find the effective exploits and spam them, this is a football game played by football fans. The thing we all have in common is a shared love of football, use that mantra and adjust the game accordingly.

    ATM Clear chances calved out through good football mean nothing. You can create all game and get turned over by ndidi banging one from 30 yards and a near post corner

    Someone sitting back all game and hitting you on the break is far more worthy of the win in EAs eyes, the fundamentals of football are out the window. It’s bull*, total bull*. Yeah it happens irl from time to time but this is almost every single miserable game

    My record is terrible but I don’t class myself as bad at the game, I just think a lot of people are prepared to sink to lows that I won’t. It’s football, it’s meant to resemble football and be a representation of the football you like.

    Did you watch the world cup? England won their matches like this and France also. Sit back, counter. England added corners as well to that recipe.

    I was at the World Cup and watched England’s tactics fall apart against a team that was far better technically and tried to play football the right way.

    This is a game,ultimately there is nothing riding on it, it’s just meant to be fun. Why EA would choose to punish those trying to play is beyond me
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    @CharlieC the consistency is also a mile off as well.

    Overhead kicks are OP because some developer seen bale and Ronaldo do them in big games and thought - hmm people like those, let’s make loads of them happen in Fifa
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Absolutely correct. The people who win more than they lose are those people who apparently don't care about having fun, they only care about doing what wins games. Personally I try and play in a way that's enjoyable to me, and result is what it is. And as you say, I only keep playing Fifa because I love football and it is sadly the best option still. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't play it on the strength of the game itself.
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Absolutely correct. The people who win more than they lose are those people who apparently don't care about having fun, they only care about doing what wins games. Personally I try and play in a way that's enjoyable to me, and result is what it is. And as you say, I only keep playing Fifa because I love football and it is sadly the best option still. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't play it on the strength of the game itself.

    I wish I could say I enjoy playing but mostly I don't. There are games where its close and I feel both teams are going for it and I really enjoy those win or lose but the majority are painful for whatever reason.
  • DicaniosGod
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    The bs in this game, Every single match is a joke try and play football, forget it! Let the AI play for you, rely on glitches and exploits you win!! That is why I have started playing 18 again, until it is patched properly, and it’s been a far less stressful experience!! 19 was making me want to explode!!....And that is not good!
  • This is not an arcade game where you find the effective exploits and spam them, this is a football game played by football fans.
    What game are you playing!? That's exactly what FIFA is.
  • DicaniosGod
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    This is not an arcade game where you find the effective exploits and spam them, this is a football game played by football fans.
    What game are you playing!? That's exactly what FIFA is.

    Sarcasm!!

  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    The bs in this game, Every single match is a joke try and play football, forget it! Let the AI play for you, rely on glitches and exploits you win!! That is why I have started playing 18 again, until it is patched properly, and it’s been a far less stressful experience!! 19 was making me want to explode!!....And that is not good!

    Yeah I feel the same and I'm calm as you like otherwise. Like a sloth on beta blockers normally :lol:
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    Winning> fun apparently

    This game is unbelievably ai assisted. Just watch someone who plays high pressure. You get hounded by 3-4 ai players who tackle, intercept, block, slide and do all the work for the opponent.

    The ai shouldnt be hand holding this much.
  • DicaniosGod
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    CharlieC wrote: »
    The bs in this game, Every single match is a joke try and play football, forget it! Let the AI play for you, rely on glitches and exploits you win!! That is why I have started playing 18 again, until it is patched properly, and it’s been a far less stressful experience!! 19 was making me want to explode!!....And that is not good!

    Yeah I feel the same and I'm calm as you like otherwise. Like a sloth on beta blockers normally :lol:

    The only game I can go from chilled to wanting to destroy someone physically, in under 30 seconds! :D

  • HullCity1904
    2446 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018
    injustice?

    you mean like how my dead grandfather could climb out of his grave faster than Ederson can get up??



    I can't explain this clip, I wish EA could

    Not only do I get shafted with Ederson

    but why does the penalty taker jog backwards when he's closest to rebound?>?

    nothing makes sense apart from the fact woodwork hits always go back to attacker
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Absolutely correct. The people who win more than they lose are those people who apparently don't care about having fun, they only care about doing what wins games. Personally I try and play in a way that's enjoyable to me, and result is what it is. And as you say, I only keep playing Fifa because I love football and it is sadly the best option still. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't play it on the strength of the game itself.

    I’ll never understand the mentality of the win at any cost gang. To me it’s the equivalent of just spamming the kick button in a fighting game. Very tedious stuff
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    injustice?

    you mean like how my dead grandfather could climb out of his grave faster than Ederson can get up??



    I can't explain this clip, I wish EA could

    Not only do I get shafted with Ederson

    but why does the penalty taker jog backwards when he's closest to rebound?>?

    nothing makes sense apart from the fact woodwork hits always go back to attacker

    Yeah that's shocking.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    injustice?

    you mean like how my dead grandfather could climb out of his grave faster than Ederson can get up??



    I can't explain this clip, I wish EA could

    Not only do I get shafted with Ederson

    but why does the penalty taker jog backwards when he's closest to rebound?>?

    nothing makes sense apart from the fact woodwork hits always go back to attacker

    The worst part is, I’m not surprised in the slightest. He was 3-0 down and that gives him a glimmer of hope for the rest of the game.
Sign In or Register to comment.