The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• RayS
    27146 posts Player of the Year
    Dockal, Vako, and Vela all in TOTW Predictions. Vela would be tempting.

https://www.futhead.com/news/totw-predictions/1985/fut-19-totw-5-stats-players-ratings/
  • RayS
    edited October 2018
    NIF Dockal may be the single worst looking gold CAM in the game
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    Ryno wrote: »
    bear wrote: »
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Hot take. Ibra is awful. Villa twice the player, Giovinco 10x the player.

skip bayless?

Chubbs would be the type of guy to give Skip Bayless/Stephen A. Smith-esque takes

I think @Antparry92 has said Jozy Altidore should retire as a professional athlete and Brad Guzan wouldn't make a roster in the Welsh 3rd division.

i agree with both of those statements
  • Antparry92
    18132 posts World Class
    bear wrote: »
    Hot take. Ibra is awful. Villa twice the player, Giovinco 10x the player.

skip bayless?

Chubbs would be the type of guy to give Skip Bayless/Stephen A. Smith-esque takes

I think @Antparry92 has said Jozy Altidore should retire as a professional athlete and Brad Guzan wouldn't make a roster in the Welsh 3rd division.

Not quite :joy:
    Only thing about Jozy I have said is that he was absolutely diabolical in England (hardly a hot take).

As for Guzan I did say I wouldn’t want him as first choice keeper in the MLS purely again because of how poor he was over in England. If he was playing Welsh 2nd/3rd tier he’d be playing with me :joy:
  • Antparry92
    18132 posts World Class
    Urgh...that time has come when the MLS squad is no longer competitive, like not even slightly :(

Have gone on a 5 game streak without a win, even though I was doing alright in WL with better sides.

Josef has a touch like Lukaku, trampoline foot, it’s honestly unbearable. Gerso, LOL. Ossie much like irl is a shadow of his former self, can’t pass and stands and marks space but we don’t have any other viable CDM options really
  • AngryFUTplayer
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018
    Monday of last week I picked up 85 gattuso as my cdm for my hybrid but then sold friday to do juanfran to pair with my untradeable cb hernandez and use coins to stock up on mls players for sbc. Had seven teams left to complete, icon sbc drops, baby icons go through the roof and rare silvers and bronzes skyrocketed as well... talk about bad timing.
  • Chubbs
    14476 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2018
    Screenshot_20181016-105044.png

Went 3-1 in rivals last night. Really enjoying the team. Subbing of Ibra at half with Villa and Giovinco around 70m with Villalba. Bradley is still a good in game like every other year for me
  • RayS

Went 3-1 in rivals last night. Really enjoying the team. Subbing of Ibra at half with Villa and Giovinco around 70m with Villalba. Bradley is still a good in game like every other year for me

Love the squad! How’s that Swedish CDM and that RCB and RB
  • Chubbs
    RayS wrote: »

Love the squad! How’s that Swedish CDM and that RCB and RB

They are actually really good. The RB is the stand out. Feels quicker and stronger than his stats would suggest. 4* skills is always fun too on a defender. The CB is a monster. 6'6'' and strong. CDM has a good Longshot on him and scored off a corner or two iirc.
  • Ryno
    6431 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    Chubbs is loaded lmao
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs is loaded lmao

Not quite. Have most everything sold up right now trying to see what team I want next. Suarez carried to me to gold two last week.
  • RayS
    More League SBC today please!
  • Chubbs
    More League SBC today please!

I need an most to drop. Hate holding on to so many players and want to open some packs.
  • Antparry92
    18132 posts World Class
    I’ve finally got a couple of coins but icons have shot up and now have nothing that takes my fancy
  • QceCapo
    5603 posts Big Money Move
    Just started this year....I'm sure this is covered on an earlier post.....should I be doing the squad battles or Division Rivals heavy to start? I need players and consumables and I refuse to buy fifa points lol
  • Antparry92
    18132 posts World Class
    Vela and Dockal confirmed :)
  • RayS
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Vela and Dockal confirmed :)

That Vela looks tasty. May just have to upgrade on Almiron with him. Too bad his stamina is pretty poor.

That Dockal looks useless lol
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not bad, Vela in for Almiron, although Almiron is really good for the formation I run because of his pace. And Villalba out wide for Velas old card. Dockal in my SB team
  • RayS
    Not bad, Vela in for Almiron, although Almiron is really good for the formation I run because of his pace. And Villalba out wide for Velas old card. Dockal in my SB team

Vela + Hunter > Almirón
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    QceCapo wrote: »
    Just started this year....I'm sure this is covered on an earlier post.....should I be doing the squad battles or Division Rivals heavy to start? I need players and consumables and I refuse to buy fifa points lol

What i do is play 2 SB games a day, usually guarantees me gold 1/elite 3. then whatever I can in Div rivals, I always hover on Rank 2 so. And since I now play WL I do that. Made 200k coins so far without trading
  • RayS
    QceCapo wrote: »

really depends how much you play and how good you are online. For me, I'm a mediocre player, so best games to rewards ratio seems to be Gold 2 in SB (playing mainly WC and Legendary) and Tier 3 in Div Rivals (only need a handful of wins to hit that).
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero

Vela + Hunter > Almirón

Might even give him catalyst, since I want to bump up his passing and get him sick free kicks, but I do wish he had better shot power. Finished gold 3 in WL last week so I’m gonna wait to see if I get Vela as reward pick
  • RayS

Vela + Hunter > Almirón

Might even give him catalyst, since I want to bump up his passing and get him sick free kicks, but I do wish he had better shot power. Finished gold 3 in WL last week so I’m gonna wait to see if I get Vela as reward pick

That’s what Gio is for!!

Nice nice would be sweet to have a Weeklies Vela
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018

Vela + Hunter > Almirón

That’s what Gio is for!!

Nice nice would be sweet to have a Weeklies Vela

I have Gio in my other rotation
    And yea! I haven’t had an mls weekly reward since Cubo Torres back in 17
  • Chubbs
    Definitely wouldnt mind a red Vela for a supersub/main team. Will be happy if I get Sandro and VVD instead though.
  • RayS
    the trend so far for League SBC player upgrades has been +7 for low golds (Vormer, Hurtado, Davies, Pavón), +9 for high silvers (Forestieri, Quiñones, Chevalier), and +5 for the only 80 rated (Zárate). Overall ratings have varied from 82 to 85.

From an individual achievmenet standpoint, I don't really see a consistent rhyme or reason to the selection. The positions have even been random (two strikers for Liga MX, a CB & a striker for Champo, etc). But based on the player ratings picked so far looks like we could be looking at a range of players from around 73 to 80. That doesn't really narrow things down... but they could pick someone not obvious for our selection.

I still think it'll be someone popular like Ibra and Josef, but could be cool to see some less popular choices too. Idk like a Tyler Adams, Michael Barrios, Opara, etc.
  • Chubbs
    the trend so far for League SBC player upgrades has been +7 for low golds (Vormer, Hurtado, Davies, Pavón), +9 for high silvers (Forestieri, Quiñones, Chevalier), and +5 for the only 80 rated (Zárate). Overall ratings have varied from 82 to 85.

From an individual achievmenet standpoint, I don't really see a consistent rhyme or reason to the selection. The positions have even been random (two strikers for Liga MX, a CB & a striker for Champo, etc). But based on the player ratings picked so far looks like we could be looking at a range of players from around 73 to 80. That doesn't really narrow things down... but they could pick someone not obvious for our selection.

I still think it'll be someone popular like Ibra and Josef, but could be cool to see some less popular choices too. Idk like a Tyler Adams, Michael Barrios, Opara, etc.

Think maybe they wait till after the awards are voted for for MLS? Use a couple of the winners as the SBC choices?
  • RayS

Think maybe they wait till after the awards are voted for for MLS? Use a couple of the winners as the SBC choices?

True, if we got another MVP SBC that could rule someone out for the League SBC. When are those awards decided?
  • RayS
    IF Vela already dropping under 30k. Hope I can get him sub 20
  • Chubbs

True, if we got another MVP SBC that could rule someone out for the League SBC. When are those awards decided?

Here is the link for the nominees. Finalists chosen on 10/31/2018 and think they do the winners during the MLS Cup final.