Why is FIFA 19 so bad, even worse than 18

Comments

  • I completely agree, this has to be the worst fifa Ive EVER played. Been playing since fifa 12...
  • BSDShoes
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    FakeZura wrote: »
    Gazza8484 wrote: »
    any positive change for gameplay after the patch?

    The patch is out?????????

    On PC only for now.
  • Cooler08
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Are offsides turned off by default in FIFA 19?

    In Career Mode in my season with Middlesbrough in the Championship, I've played 16 matches so far and I don't remember there being any offsides, but in previous FIFA games offsides were a common thing.
  • ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018
    Bad?Can you pass and score like this in another game? :D

  • Nahuel90
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    those horrible overpowered ridiculous overheads volleys and centers

    I really don't want FIFA to come back again to its ps2 utterly ugly era
  • I’m just shocked at how bad it plays. There genuinely is no technical in the midfield at all, the opposing players / AI is on you like a flash. You need to tap X instead of using skill/holding off opponents.

    People saying about pace I feel the attakcers are under paced and the defenders are ridiculously over paced. I had Mbappe in my pocket with Hysaj earlier. ?

    The Shooting is just a joke time you power up there’s someone on you and ready to deflect it. Also if you successfully get a shot off it’s either hitting the post or over the cross bar or a fluffed shot

    First game in years that I’ve been overly disappointed in. That bad I’m actually not going to play it Online or Offline due to the flaws within the gameplay.

    The World Cup mode and 19 Demo where actually fun to play but this surely is no where near the same game. The AI defending makes bad players look good.
  • Korthan
    2574 posts Fans' Favourite
    D11FYY wrote: »
    I’m just shocked at how bad it plays. There genuinely is no technical in the midfield at all, the opposing players / AI is on you like a flash. You need to tap X instead of using skill/holding off opponents.

    People saying about pace I feel the attakcers are under paced and the defenders are ridiculously over paced. I had Mbappe in my pocket with Hysaj earlier. ?

    The Shooting is just a joke time you power up there’s someone on you and ready to deflect it. Also if you successfully get a shot off it’s either hitting the post or over the cross bar or a fluffed shot


    First game in years that I’ve been overly disappointed in. That bad I’m actually not going to play it Online or Offline due to the flaws within the gameplay.

    The World Cup mode and 19 Demo where actually fun to play but this surely is no where near the same game. The AI defending makes bad players look good.

    Even tapping ground pass or Y for quick short first time passes doesn't work because passes have been downgraded too - or the superquick defenders/midfielders are onto you and smother you before you can get a quick pass away.

    I could put up with one or two things being nerfed to counter pace abuse and 'blind ping pong passing' but not nerfing everything and boosting defending to the point where creativity and attacking are almost impossible.
  • Gazza8484
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Man0nf1r3 wrote: »
    Gazza8484 wrote: »
    any positive change for gameplay after the patch?

    Yeah all sounded positive to me... they changed barely anything, best news ive had all day!

    Was hoping they wasnt going to just turn it into Fifa 18.2 and it seems that is the case from the reviews i have seen

    I appreciate this may not be good news to all but personally for me once ive sat down and practiced with the game ive found it to be very enjoyable and rewarding

    aren't "assisted crosses", overpowered headers and bicicle kicks abuse still there?
  • LFCDB wrote: »
    Fifa 19 is Atrocious, waste of money regret buying this awful game. EA needs to sort it out I been disappointed with the last 3 Fifa games. I may go pro.

    Last 3? More like.... 15-16-17-18-19
  • WJC26
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I've tried the passing on all 3 settings and they're all terrible and massively inconsistent.
    No matter how careful or accurate I try and be the pass will just go wherever it wants to!
    There's no fluidity to the game it feels so robotic and its like pinball the bouncing off players all over the place!
    Utter garage.
  • FinEverton
    1073 posts Professional
    I really want to like this game because of gameplay, but online gameplay is horrible. Cant do ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Delay is bad. I have big problems with animations. My players do sometimes some random stuff when opposition and ball are away. Can win squadbattles against legendary ai, but dont know what to do in online.
  • Bane8Toni
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ez1907 wrote: »
    Bad?Can you pass and score like this in another game? :D


    Oh my..how sad...
  • Bane8Toni
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Korthan wrote: »
    D11FYY wrote: »
    I’m just shocked at how bad it plays. There genuinely is no technical in the midfield at all, the opposing players / AI is on you like a flash. You need to tap X instead of using skill/holding off opponents.

    People saying about pace I feel the attakcers are under paced and the defenders are ridiculously over paced. I had Mbappe in my pocket with Hysaj earlier. ?

    The Shooting is just a joke time you power up there’s someone on you and ready to deflect it. Also if you successfully get a shot off it’s either hitting the post or over the cross bar or a fluffed shot


    First game in years that I’ve been overly disappointed in. That bad I’m actually not going to play it Online or Offline due to the flaws within the gameplay.

    The World Cup mode and 19 Demo where actually fun to play but this surely is no where near the same game. The AI defending makes bad players look good.

    Even tapping ground pass or Y for quick short first time passes doesn't work because passes have been downgraded too - or the superquick defenders/midfielders are onto you and smother you before you can get a quick pass away.

    I could put up with one or two things being nerfed to counter pace abuse and 'blind ping pong passing' but not nerfing everything and boosting defending to the point where creativity and attacking are almost impossible.

    There shouldn't be any nerfing..someone is good at pace let him be good at it. There is always someone good at defending too. If there is an abuse it simply means the pace stat gap between players is unrealistic
  • Bane8Toni
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    D11FYY wrote: »
    I’m just shocked at how bad it plays. There genuinely is no technical in the midfield at all, the opposing players / AI is on you like a flash. You need to tap X instead of using skill/holding off opponents.

    People saying about pace I feel the attakcers are under paced and the defenders are ridiculously over paced. I had Mbappe in my pocket with Hysaj earlier. ?

    The Shooting is just a joke time you power up there’s someone on you and ready to deflect it. Also if you successfully get a shot off it’s either hitting the post or over the cross bar or a fluffed shot

    First game in years that I’ve been overly disappointed in. That bad I’m actually not going to play it Online or Offline due to the flaws within the gameplay.

    The World Cup mode and 19 Demo where actually fun to play but this surely is no where near the same game. The AI defending makes bad players look good.

    Spot on. You definitely a good player to notice all the crap I felt from EA this year. I hit the damn post/bar with all four shots in the 18 yard box.
  • Yeah it might be more realistic. And slower. And more difficult. But this is a GAME. And the best about previous versions was that was enjoyable. This is not enjoyable and nothing as a good game should be.
  • vuje85
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Worst fifa i ve played since 2009.
    Ia is stupid.. not defend the advantage
    I took 6 goals in three games.. 5 goals by head!!
    Ea Stop to aggregate casual player!
    This game sucks.
  • Kanyon39
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    Yes, do something good with a career ... the movement of players is terrible ((you do not need such a high speed of the game !!! I do not feel the pleasure of this game .. they seem to play hockey on the field, and blows .. blows. what became of them? And why do the fans no longer dodge the ball and run to celebrate the goal scored?
    Still life. For example, in fifa 14 on the legendary difficulty it was very interesting to play. Do it !!! After all, I do not want to play dog19 ..
    FiFA 19 let's go

    Edited to remove portion in another language. Please only post in English. Google Translate is okay too! - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Gunin
    439 posts Sunday League Hero
    Your opponent should never be able to push a button that makes you do anything at all. THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN. Just because you're slow dribbling shouldn't make my player run slow. Game is Garbage
  • lpool
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Just takes a bit of getting used to.
  • Zidane11
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    This game is really ❤️❤️❤️❤️!!! The defenders intercept passes as aliens and keepers takes balls on life and death and there are too many missed shots when 1 vs 1 wih the keepers!
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018
    Looking at all these cry babies really wanna make me puke.

    I mean WTF is wrong with finally having an authentic and realistic football experience that is far far more skillbased than FIFA 18 was.
    Finally we have a more skillful passing system, and you need to build up play as there is finally a midtfield in FIFA.

    Even the OP just screams the game is bad without ever giving a reason.

    Yo guys if can’t play football, go play something else.

    This is a FOOTBALL game now!

    Play football... you will see magic if you do.

    And if you can’t even outsmart the AI in this game you really need to practice.

    Git gud!

  • Bane8Toni wrote: »
    Korthan wrote: »
    D11FYY wrote: »
    I’m just shocked at how bad it plays. There genuinely is no technical in the midfield at all, the opposing players / AI is on you like a flash. You need to tap X instead of using skill/holding off opponents.

    People saying about pace I feel the attakcers are under paced and the defenders are ridiculously over paced. I had Mbappe in my pocket with Hysaj earlier. ?

    The Shooting is just a joke time you power up there’s someone on you and ready to deflect it. Also if you successfully get a shot off it’s either hitting the post or over the cross bar or a fluffed shot


    First game in years that I’ve been overly disappointed in. That bad I’m actually not going to play it Online or Offline due to the flaws within the gameplay.

    The World Cup mode and 19 Demo where actually fun to play but this surely is no where near the same game. The AI defending makes bad players look good.

    Even tapping ground pass or Y for quick short first time passes doesn't work because passes have been downgraded too - or the superquick defenders/midfielders are onto you and smother you before you can get a quick pass away.

    I could put up with one or two things being nerfed to counter pace abuse and 'blind ping pong passing' but not nerfing everything and boosting defending to the point where creativity and attacking are almost impossible.

    There shouldn't be any nerfing..someone is good at pace let him be good at it. There is always someone good at defending too. If there is an abuse it simply means the pace stat gap between players is unrealistic


    glad someone noticed that. the passing is horrible. there a no sense of control and technical gameplay in midfield. huge let down.Playing Since 2009, I never get bored playing FIFA before but this time around I already bored after a few games in Career Mode.

    Even Career mode is a huge let down. Nothing change. Nothing noteworthy added in Career Mode.
  • DannyUK
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA just doesn't want people to share the honest views of the game. They will ban you for saying it how it is which is pathetic really. I sent my copy of the game back for a refund, if you don't like the game you should do the same.
  • BSDShoes
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    Zidane11 wrote: »
    This game is really ****!!! The defenders intercept passes as aliens and keepers takes balls on life and death and there are too many missed shots when 1 vs 1 wih the keepers!

    AI teammates are world-class level difficulty, of course with their automation they're going to be tough to deal with. Like someone else said in another thread, going slower makes it easier to get by them.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7972 posts League Winner
    The game is bad. No doubt. But it’s far less so than fifa 18. It’s possible this is the third or fourth worst fifa ever, but it’s still a vast improvement over fifa 18.
  • Renamed12345678
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    I dislike and hate Fifa 19. I am done with them. Stones doing over head kick. Missing passes, every corner result in a goal, defender tackles the ball off a player and the opponent still retains the ball. How is that real? Fifa get your acts together.
  • rubberglovelove
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Guess what ! I play balanced online with attack and defence. While everyone else too bothered about pressing like a rabid dog and select pressing tactics,I pass great full manual like a king ....
  • LFCDB wrote: »
    Fifa 19 is Atrocious, waste of money regret buying this awful game. EA needs to sort it out I been disappointed with the last 3 FIFA games. I may go pro.

    I've been playing this game for years. This one brings me to tears each time I play. A player will Sprint like Husain Bolt to get to the ball, but, once they get it they can't run. No matter how far back the defender is they will catch you. Through pass is useless, you are unable to escape a defender unless you are a player that does the 3 star moves. I for one don't use them, that's not how soccer is played. The worst part is you don't need to know how to defend, the AI does it all. If you take control of the defender the striker will get away. If you take controller of a sprinting defender he slows down. Corner to the near post to the shortest player on the pitch will be successfully headed even it much taller players are around. Too many shots ends up being side footed even with a long press of the shot button. Too many over head kicks even by defenders. High pressing for the entire 90 minutes at a high rate is physically impossible but with Juve, Real, Munich and Barca you can do it all day long. One player can mark three players during a throw in. Those are just some of the problems. That's why this is the worst version of FIFA I've ever played.
  • Renamed12345678
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa, I want a refund. The game is sooooooooooo crap. Was the game designed by people who actually played football. How every ball is corner is a marvel or how goals scored by offside is accepted. Penalties given against is shoit I just want a refund. You can keep your crap game. Pro evolution here I come
Sign In or Register to comment.