Do people actually pay more for fresh cards or is it just a myth

They do
  • lobuhh
    2100 posts Fans' Favourite
    how much is too much for 88 kluivert?
  • James Libby
    7290 posts Big Money Move
    All I want is Prime Henry...

and his price is up like 200k in the past 48 hours...

This is my penance.
  • Kieren1888
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero
    HeroBent wrote: »
    Kieren1888 wrote: »
    What the f*** is those prices prime Larsson has been listed at...

Probably coinsellers pricefixing icons. Happens a lot, and in 14/15 it happened all the time

Its a joke mate, been trying to buy him for like 2 weeks, had 850k when he was 900k got to 900 he went up am at 950k now and hes yet to fall under 1m, and all the ones that are listed when i check what they paid it usually under 1m and they list for 2-300k more.
  • Navraat
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    People dont bother paying more for Icons because as of last year they perform till the end of fifa with no need to replacement, hence why primes are in high demand cause you have the certainty that it's the best card of that certain player
  • Navraat
    Also doesnt help that EA releases lots of special cards of top players some even better than their TOTY counterpart leaving people in a state of doubt
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    90 Rivaldo or 87 Socrates as a CF in a 4411 behind Gabriel Jesus?
  • Gabbalala
    3968 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    All I want is Prime Henry...

and his price is up like 200k in the past 48 hours...

This is my penance.

Me too! Are you strictly after a fresh one? Saw your RTG and want to start a French only one after you’ve inspired me! Can’t decide if starting with Henry as well as Pogba, Varane and Kante is cheating though. 😂😂
  • Joestoe
    8551 posts League Winner
    Mc wrote: »
    Joestoe wrote: »
    Ghotti wrote: »
    @Joestoe socrates

Actually amazing card. Can't afford his prime yet but his passing has been amazing, dribbling fine (for his length) and shooting is rocket-like. What I see is that he does get back quite a lot, so his stamina will run low towards the end of the game, although he has 90-something stamina. I do like the tracking back because he makes a lot of vital blocks and he saved me during some though matches last weekend league. Not by scoring, but by intercepting a pass or blocking a shot. Great card.
    Cbfitness wrote: »
    @Joestoe 92 maldini

Game changing. Got him paired up with Ramos and I don't think they leave anytime soon. So fast and perfect defending. Wins quite alot of headers too. Because he's fairly agile for a defender, he can turn in some difficult situations and still win the ball back. Got him for under 1m 3 weeks ago and will upgrade to his prime later on.

Which version of Socrates have you used? The 87 has m/l work rates which makes him a little lazy

The 89! Has H/M workrates.
  • Joestoe
    8551 posts League Winner
    90 Rivaldo or 87 Socrates as a CF in a 4411 behind Gabriel Jesus?

The 2* WF on Rivaldo makes me not want to try him. Using the 89 Socrates myself and he's amazing.
  • M98H
    13742 posts Has That Special Something
    Waldog94 wrote: »
    Do people actually pay more for fresh cards or is it just a myth

No mate, as far as I’m aware no one pays 400k more for a fresh OTW Neymar, to then sell a day later.
    I mean, what moron would do that
    :confounded:
  • Recoba10
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    How are 87 and 90 versions of Henry? Worth it?
    The Prime is too expensive unfortunately...
  • Daveofwales01
    8447 posts League Winner
    Need some help with my nedved problem, I have the 86 and he's really good, I use him at LM and sometimes at cam, but I wonder if it's worth upgrading to the mid or prime, it means sacrificing some pace for better passing, shooting and dribbling, is it worth upgrading and if so go straight for the prime or get the middle one which is more of a mix of the two? Thanks
  • Gigaa_Byte
    2099 posts Fans' Favourite
    Need some help with my nedved problem, I have the 86 and he's really good, I use him at LM and sometimes at cam, but I wonder if it's worth upgrading to the mid or prime, it means sacrificing some pace for better passing, shooting and dribbling, is it worth upgrading and if so go straight for the prime or get the middle one which is more of a mix of the two? Thanks

Going off of what Gorilla said, apparently all of the versions of Nedved feel the same.
  • Koolfashion
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gigaa_Byte wrote: »

Going off of what Gorilla said, apparently all of the versions of Nedved feel the same.

If we would like to listen Gorillas review about the cards.. every card is bad.
  • Daveofwales01
    8447 posts League Winner

Thanks for the reply, was hoping people here had used him as I'm not gorilla or anywhere near, I'm closer to average so was hoping to get reviews from normal players
  • Navraat

Thats a good thing, I'm super critical and demanding of players too. When a player meets his expectations you know that card is good
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Raul is good but not 1.7 mil good. I preferred Messi honestly. The search for an icon CAM goes on :D
  • Navraat
    vneklw wrote: »
    Raul is good but not 1.7 mil good. I preferred Messi honestly. The search for an icon CAM goes on :D

Good ol Base Del Piero
  • Koolfashion
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    Navraat wrote: »

Thats a good thing, I'm super critical and demanding of players too. When a player meets his expectations you know that card is good

Yeah, I love gorillas moaning about CR7 being ❤️❤️❤️❤️ card.
  • WillianDollaBaby
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect

Oh definitely agree Messi is better especially for the price.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero

Does any other than Vieira?
  • Navraat

Yeah, I love gorillas moaning about CR7 being **** card.

Didnt like him on the ball either, 88 dribbling really shows but he still is a danger off the ball and scores those glitched rebound or tacles the CBs on loose balls.

• Navraat
    Already have an idea who's gonna be in my final team: Neymar & Mbappe

Very versatile duo since Neymar counts as left footed therefore will play on the right and Mbappe will be moved to the left.

Then need Icons to cover their links which should be easy in 433(3)

• vneklw

Good ol Base Del Piero

Tried the prime and he didn’t get any goals in the games I played. Not that he was bad just didn’t seem to get himself in the right positions.

I’m tempted to go back to the 3rd variation of 433. Used Ballack as the CM and had his instructions to get forward which worked really well. Could also play Socrates or Seedorf in that position. Even Lampard or Gerrard I suppose.
  • vneklw

Oh definitely agree Messi is better especially for the price.

Only thing I didn’t like about Messi is his stamina other than that he’s fantastic for 850k. I just prefer using icons tbh, especially at CAM.
  • Navraat

Good ol Base Del Piero

Tried the prime and he didn’t get any goals in the games I played. Not that he was bad just didn’t seem to get himself in the right positions.

I’m tempted to go back to the 3rd variation of 433. Used Ballack as the CM and had his instructions to get forward which worked really well. Could also play Socrates or Seedorf in that position. Even Lampard or Gerrard I suppose.

Base has different workrates, better stamina and is faster
  • vneklw

Good ol Base Del Piero

I hate using icons that aren’t primes ngl but I might try him out then
  • Navraat

Good ol Base Del Piero

same lol
  • vneklw

Good ol Base Del Piero

same lol

Only one that I can kinda justify is Cruyff cause now I know that you’re essentially paying 2 mil for a better picture.