FIFA19 Lowest SkillGap Of Any FIFA.

Comments

• TacticalTugTeam
    1151 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    dengah109 wrote: »

Even in 17 & 18 you could lose to someone inferior to you with a negative record but those games were bad also... 19 has followed that trend, After the first patch I'll test 19 out again and see if anything has changed but I can't see E.A improving the game much as they want it to be assessable for everyone.

Final question but enjoying the debate, are you saying that basically you should at no point ever lose to someone who isn't as good as you? Let's say you were to play me and my average record and you were the better player over the course of the game but yet I managed to sneak a victory against you. Are you saying that would be unacceptable because you are clearly the better player and I therefore should basically not really have a chance of beating you?

I'm not saying you should "Never" lose against people who are nowhere near skill level it can happen...

The point i'm making is the currently state of 19 gameplay gives new players a chance to beat people nowhere near as good as them because Defending takes no skill it's AI Assisted lol... you're missing the points.. Go back to FIFA15 or FIFA16 those games were much more skill based than the games now.

FIFA19 is just completely RNG Catered towards the noobs, Kick off goals are still in 19, Auto blocks occur outside the box far too much so many issues with 19 and some people are oblivious to it.

FIFA19 = Worst FIFA of all time highly doubt a patch can even save this.

Good luck to everyone grinding this terrible title :D maybe i'll go back it after a November patch if it improves dramatically but I honestly can't see it.

• Zurchi
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Fifa plays the game for you. Have you ever had to make an actual pass with aim? doubtful. You can easily tell by putting the game on 100% manual mode and going out there and trying to hit passes , corners and shots.

Manual mode 'exposes' your true AIM. instead of picking 1 of 8 possible directions and having the computer AI aimbot it perfectly to your teammate you have to pick a possibility of 1 / 360 degrees of direction.

When you have people who are "world champs" or #1 in the online leaderboards, its not that they are more or less skilled than you, its that they are more skilled than you at the current mechanics available in the game, which are extremely forgiving and noobish. Want to hit a perfect corner but don't want to aim? easy, fifa does that for you. wanna hit a sweet pass to your team mate? just hit the A button on your controller, all you have to do is decide if you hit it low, medium, or high powered, the aiming is done for you.

want to block a shot? just be next to a guy shooting, the game will auto block a shot for your with your foot.

Everyone here defending the game can feel how they feel but for me, I've lost the motivation to be good at a game that removes 90% of the mechanics needed to be good and locks you down to having to be good at 3 things. moving your player, hitting either pass / shoot / or throughball / and how much power should you use for a auto aim shot.

Fifa 18 was so stupid that we basically banned playing with Ronaldo because he would put the ball in the upper corner of the net 100% of the time.

Fifa 19 is just a Reskin of FIFA 18 with new Ultimate team packs and a bunch of game breaking bugs like Crowd noises causing audio glitches and disconnecting if you Alt + Tab your game or your controller breaking in the menus if you tab out to join a Discord and tab back in.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but before you talk about how awesome you are at auto-aim you really should play a few games manual mode 100% and play someone online using full auto, see how awesome you really are.
  • AFCA_P
    89 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2018
    Just accept the fact that this is how FIFA is right now. The game is the same for you as it is for your opponent, which means that if you beat him you are probably better (probably because just like in real football, the better team sometimes loses). I agree with the fact that the game is very AI assisted but it doesn’t ruin the game for me. The top 100 players are better than other players despite of the AI helping them.

@TacticalTugTeam I have seen you complain about AI assistence for the past 3 FIFAs on this forum. Why not just stop playing the game if the so called ‘missing skill gap’ bugs you? Just stop playing the game and find something else to play instead of returning to this forum and constantly complain.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1151 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    AFCA_P wrote: »
    Just accept the fact that this is how FIFA is right now. The game is the same for you as it is for your opponent, which means that if you beat him you are probably better (probably because just like in real football, the better team sometimes loses). I agree with the fact that the game is very AI assisted but it doesn’t ruin the game for me. The top 100 players are better than other players despite of the AI helping them.

@TacticalTugTeam I have seen you complain about AI assistence for the past 3 FIFAs on this forum. Why not just stop playing the game if the so called ‘missing skill gap’ bugs you? Just stop playing the game and find something else to play instead of returning to this forum and constantly complain.

Yes i've been complaining about AI Assistance since FIFA17 because the game has been a disgrace in terms of being a competitive Esport & yes.. I have finally stopped playing now. Haven't touched FIFA in over 2 weeks a record for me, Yes I was Top100 since FIFA15 but it's irrelevant when the game hasn't been that enjoyable. Since FIFA17 the gameplay went downhill with assisted passing, & AI Defending bailing out the noobs the game has so many issues but 19 was the final straw.. :|

FINALLY TacticalTugTeam has had enough. B)

Forza Horizon4 is brilliant by the way!! Can't wait for Read Dead Redemption 2.

Playing other games is the best way forward at the moment until E.A actually create a decent skill based game.
    Post edited by TacticalTugTeam on
  • SDoofus
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    AFCA_P wrote: »

Yes i've been complaining about AI Assistance since FIFA17 because the game has been a disgrace in terms of being a competitive Esport & yes.. I have finally stopped playing now. Haven't touched FIFA in over 2 weeks a record for me, Yes I was Top100 since FIFA15 but it's irrelevant when the game hasn't been that enjoyable. Since FIFA17 the gameplay went downhill with assisted passing, & AI Defending bailing out the noobs the game has so many issues but 19 was the final straw.. :|

FINALLY TacticalTugTeam has had enough. B)

Forza Horizon4 is brilliant by the way!! Can't wait for Read Dead Redemption 2.

Playing other games is the best way forward at the moment until E.A actually create a decent skill based game.

Then stop coming on here crying like a little girl all the time and go away!
  • Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its not that easy to stop playing after 20 years you know ? Oh how bad fifa is going to be once all the older fifa players stop playing haha just gunna be football circus carnage.
  • SDoofus
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    Brydobhoy wrote: »
    Its not that easy to stop playing after 20 years you know ? Oh how bad fifa is going to be once all the older fifa players stop playing haha just gunna be football circus carnage.

If you don't enjoy it, then don't play it. Not all the older players feel the same way. I am 29 and have played FIFA since I made the switch over from PES back in 2003 or so, yet I'm still happily playing it :D
  • Brydobhoy
    I still get some enjoyment out of the game just not as much as I should be . I should not be having to grind out results against poor players every game. Maybe 1 our of 10-15 games I have a poor game and my opponent players out his skin yeh but not every second game no matter the skill level of your opponent that they can match you.

Example fifa 17, seasons. Played a guy and I won 2-1 in the last minute with my 4th shot of the game, I went 1-0 in the 7th min with 100% poss, then after it my team turned to **** , couldnt sprint, make runs or pass.
    The guy messaged me in rage saying I was lucky however I knew the guy was terrible , firstly the game was gifting him chances with my AI running away from defence practically and also I always check my opponents record afterwards and his record was so bad.

So I replied leting him know that a normal game I would have beaten his easy so as you do we agreed to play a friendly.
    First game I won 6-0 he was arsenal and I went Everton, second game 5-0 up at half time and my opponent quit and blocked me in embarrassment.
  • protzbischof
    3055 posts National Call-Up
    Top 10 in coop last fifa. Sitting on ~35-4-3 stats this year but havent played for more than a week. Gave up until a new patch is coming. This is by far the worst FIFA I have ever played, its not even close.

Its extremely hard to finish clear chances and super easy to score random goals. Just that fact alone is enough to ruin everything. You dont even have to consider everything else thats wrong with this game..
  • Ronaldinho999
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Top 10 in coop last fifa. Sitting on ~35-4-3 stats this year but havent played for more than a week. Gave up until a new patch is coming. This is by far the worst FIFA I have ever played, its not even close.

Its extremely hard to finish clear chances and super easy to score random goals. Just that fact alone is enough to ruin everything. You dont even have to consider everything else thats wrong with this game..

Almost the same as you, only that I stopped at 27-3-1 being my first lose against someones record is 23-19-28 lmao. First 5 games easy as it was expected, from there every game was **** sweaty most of them ending with 1 goal of difference or balanced games until min70... that fact u stated and many others made me gave up not even want to see how its in div 1 and 2.

Joke of a game for sure, if u had already little controll in the past fifas now this year its pure hope for the best lmao
  • dengah109
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Almost the same as you, only that I stopped at 27-3-1 being my first lose against someones record is 23-19-28 lmao. First 5 games easy as it was expected, from there every game was **** sweaty most of them ending with 1 goal of difference or balanced games until min70... that fact u stated and many others made me gave up not even want to see how its in div 1 and 2.

Joke of a game for sure, if u had already little controll in the past fifas now this year its pure hope for the best lmao

It's this attitude that I just do not understand, maybe its just because I'm average at Fifa. Its like it is an offence to your soul that someone who isnt as good as you should actually beat you. I just dont get it. Maybe he just played really well and you had an off game, maybe you got complacent. Maybe he just had more luck than normal. It happens in real life in football, or any sport for that matter, so why it is such a disgrace that he should beat you. it comes across as right the game is a joke because I lost one game out of 31 to someone not as good as me, seriously come on. No offence and it might not be intended but by god the arrogance (not just you) that comes across from some players.

• Ronaldinho999
    edited October 2018
    Dude no offence, but a casual will never understand this. You have to play a game deeply to understand the mechanics and flaws which a casual will never realise. Good players can see when they make mistakes and when they make everything perfect and suddently some rng pops up favoring ur opponent who doesnt have half the knowledge. I could write many more arguments but tbh I cba to tell them to u since it is almost the same talking to a wall

"It happens in real life in football" Lmao I'll just leave this here, 15 years ago players didnt have this mentality, shows how clueless ppl really are nowdays
  • dengah109
    "It happens in real life in football" Lmao I'll just leave this here, 15 years ago players didnt have this mentality, shows how clueless ppl really are nowdays

Glad to have amused you :smile:

Being casual your right I shall never understand the arrogance that you should basically win every game you play because you are the better player and that if you come up against someone who isnt as good as you he should not win whatsoever and the only way he can win is because the game is flawed. If you won 27 times, drawing 3 and lost 1 game to someone not as good as you that isnt an indication of a flawed game. The fact that you get annoyed/angry at the game says a lot more about you though.

BTW not saying the game or engine isnt flawed or doesnt have things to be improved, all games do, but your basically saying I shouldnt lose to anyone who isnt remotely as good as me and if I do it is solely because the game is damaged. A ratio of 1 defeat in 31 games is not an indication of that whatsoever.

We shall have to agree to disagree.
  • Ronaldinho999
    Your hopeless xD btw amuse me ? get real kid
  • Vegeta9001
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    I'm actually surprised so many people are defending the so called skill gap in this game, bet these are the same guys that play on 1-3 depth and let the game defend everything for them because they can't actually defend to save their lives. I miss the old games, where when you missed a tackle, or when you were badly positioned you got punished. The AI on this game, instantly recovers from a missed tackle and still somehow intercepts the ball with the back of their heel or while they're on the floor does a swinging clearance is mad. This game is literally a put men behind the ball, lump it to the wing, cross, repeat. Its not hard to play, I was struggling with it in Weekend League, was 2-6 or something like that, after dominating possession and trying to create good chances. But was getting undone by the AI defending and the cross spamming due to bad AI positioning from crosses. So what did I do? I switched to a 4-4-2, I put it on 3 depth, and I cross spammed. Comfortably finished 17-9. Didn't bother playing the rest, As I didn't feel like playing a game that punished me for trying to play football or trying to defend. Call me salty or old, But for me, buying a game to let the AI do all the work for you and run the wing all game, that isn't for me. Even if when I started doing it I went 15-3.

Didn't know the people in charge of this game were avid Tony Pulis fans tbh, but fair play to them. They've stuck to a wholly defensive, noob friendly, cross happy, experience. I hope the people that do decide to play it all year round have fun.
  • dengah109
    I dont think I'm quite a noob but I am by no means great at Fifa. I have no desire to 'park the bus' and to be fair in this version of Fifa thus far I have come across that far less than I did on Fifa 17. I have no interest in playing that way even if it would bring about better results. I'd rather lose than play that way, it cant be fun, yeh sure winning is good but is it fun playing like that? it wouldnt be for me. I think I did it for half a game and thought sod it is boring. i dont blame Fifa for players choosing to play like that. Ultimately it is their choice isnt it.

What I dont understand is some many people complain about AI defending right, but how many of those players complain about AI attacking? You dont control all your players at the same time do you? If you can do that then I am missing something. They all move off the ball for you (apart from those games when they are like statues! lol) so for attacking you get AI assistance but I dont hear complaints about that? Do you play fully manual?
  • MacDaddy
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    To me every year it just gets worse lol now u press shoot and don’t know what will happen hahahaha I just laugh, EA just can’t give us a decent football game. It’s a complete joke lol
  • Brydobhoy
    What people are moaning at is the AI doing aspects off attacking .

Ofcourse in a defensive sense the AI should mark to an extent and stay in position however you can control your striker and the AI defence will follow a dangerous run, chase down a striker , make a tackle or a block.
    None of this should be done by a player that is not being controlled, think about it , have you ever played against someone who has put down their controller ? Its still difficult to score, the player on the ball guards the ball and then when you get near the box the AI swarm youand tackle and block. This should not happen.
  • DarkMac
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ohhhh... TacticalTugTeam... what happen ???? No more overrated team to play with? Just asking! :)))))
    I`m curious and serious ... can you please tell me what team are you playing now? RM or Juve?

• DarkMac
    Anyway... this is how FIFA is created. If someone get better and better and manage to get all the tricks in this game... he will in always in top ten. That is why EA algorithm is create in a way so the other player will win no matter what. They simply can not find another algorithm. It is so simple. If RM are paying (in different ways) more to EA than any other team ... it will be the overrated team. As you can see in 19... suddenly Juve became one of the best team in the game.... I`m wondering why???
    ;)
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1151 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    DarkMac wrote: »
    Anyway... this is how FIFA is created. If someone get better and better and manage to get all the tricks in this game... he will in always in top ten. That is why EA algorithm is create in a way so the other player will win no matter what. They simply can not find another algorithm. It is so simple. If RM are paying (in different ways) more to EA than any other team ... it will be the overrated team. As you can see in 19... suddenly Juve became one of the best team in the game.... I`m wondering why???
    ;)

I haven't played FIFA19 In around 3 weeks.. The game has the lowest skillgap of any FIFA i've played in 20 years.

E.A Have done the unthinkable and made the game worse than 18 I've been playing other games that deserve to be played like Red Dead Redemption 2. B)

Until FIFA becomes skill-based again then I'll be having fun playing other games but good luck to yourself since it seems you're still playing 19. :D

Have fun. B)
    Post edited by TacticalTugTeam on
  • Nufcmattman
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Zurchi wrote: »
    Fifa plays the game for you. Have you ever had to make an actual pass with aim? doubtful. You can easily tell by putting the game on 100% manual mode and going out there and trying to hit passes , corners and shots.

Manual mode 'exposes' your true AIM. instead of picking 1 of 8 possible directions and having the computer AI aimbot it perfectly to your teammate you have to pick a possibility of 1 / 360 degrees of direction.

When you have people who are "world champs" or #1 in the online leaderboards, its not that they are more or less skilled than you, its that they are more skilled than you at the current mechanics available in the game, which are extremely forgiving and noobish. Want to hit a perfect corner but don't want to aim? easy, fifa does that for you. wanna hit a sweet pass to your team mate? just hit the A button on your controller, all you have to do is decide if you hit it low, medium, or high powered, the aiming is done for you.

want to block a shot? just be next to a guy shooting, the game will auto block a shot for your with your foot.

Everyone here defending the game can feel how they feel but for me, I've lost the motivation to be good at a game that removes 90% of the mechanics needed to be good and locks you down to having to be good at 3 things. moving your player, hitting either pass / shoot / or throughball / and how much power should you use for a auto aim shot.

Fifa 18 was so stupid that we basically banned playing with Ronaldo because he would put the ball in the upper corner of the net 100% of the time.

Fifa 19 is just a Reskin of FIFA 18 with new Ultimate team packs and a bunch of game breaking bugs like Crowd noises causing audio glitches and disconnecting if you Alt + Tab your game or your controller breaking in the menus if you tab out to join a Discord and tab back in.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but before you talk about how awesome you are at auto-aim you really should play a few games manual mode 100% and play someone online using full auto, see how awesome you really are.

So true I have haven't played it since mid October and have no intention of getting it back out anytime soon. 100% agree with you. I go back further to before the introduction of "tactical defending" fifa 13 to me was the best fifa they produced purely from a gameplay view, every game had the potential to be different. Long ball teams, possession teams, pace and dribble abusers, counter attackers and the tika taka noobs. At least every game was not the same like it was 15 onwards where gradually they've made it worse for the narrowing in on the same tactics every game.
  • elcapitan379
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You hero

You have hit the nail on the head

If anyone disagrees you are either in denial or probably one of the crap players on previous fifa now ur happy it's easier for you to not get spanked.

• Brydobhoy
    The only people who really see this 100% for what it really is are players like us who year in year our are in the top 100 and win about 80-90% of your games.

With this this means nearly every game your coming up against an opponent who is worse than you.
  • Leyboi86
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    no skill gap , when ai fills spaces for u , or blocks passes for you , fifa 18 u had to do that with right stick
  • DarkMac
    Anyone who is familiar with the game understands why old players started to dislike it. It is not the problem that some better player beats you... it is the way EA changes that players attributes so the shots are better the positioning is better, everything is boosted just because they have no idea how to develop it other way. I don`t mind if I see a player beating me because he is better... this is normal. It is not normal to boost some player attributes values to compensate somehow the lack of development skills.
  • tarheels_forever
    597 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    im no pro but i agree that the skill gap is much smaller than ever before. trying to break down some ultra aggresive AI defenders is very frustrating at times. of course there is a skill gap in any game you play, but it is my opinion that with the super assisted AI defenders in this game, Fifa has taken a turn for the worse. i still think there's hope for Fifa 19, but only if the AI defending and the very high percentage header scoring from corners with Ronaldo and other elite players is toned down considerably. as it stands now Fifa 19 is more frustrating than fun to me, which is a shame because im a very long time Fifa fan. if EA doesnt make some major adjustments in future patches, i hate to say it but ill be playing PES until at least the release of Fifa 20, and even then ill have to wait and see how Fifa is. i might just decide to move over to PES and stay there. im waiting for PES to go on sale right now. as soon as it does i plan on buying it
  • I actually haven't played 19 in over 2 weeks due to not liking the game.

17 & 18 both have small skill-gaps but 19 it's got even smaller somehow E.A have done the unthinkable they do it to give the noobs a chance but in turn.. it makes the game less fun, skill-moves nowadays don't work very often either.. Shielding with LT might work.. although you shouldn't need to do it but you're forced into it when you try to beat your opponents Defender but the AI Mirrors where you run and you get Auto tackled there's no skill in that is there? E.A Have to Town down AI Defending massively in the next couple patches but I doubt they will, I only play Pro Clubs now anyway as Online Seasons or FUT is pointless and not rewarding.

The last good FIFA for me was 16.. that game had a decent skill-gap honestly, You could actually get past players with skill & they wouldn't randomly catch up with you & get an Auto block in when you shoot unlike 19.

Ever since FIFA17 was released & E.A Introduced AI Defending is where it's gone downhill the days of 16 are long gone.. even 15 was very pace oriented but it had a far bigger skill-gap than the game we have now!.

Been forced into buying other games like Forza Horizon 4 & have Red Dead Redemption 2 on Pre-Order but i'm just not surprised by E.A just disappointed :/ nothing ever changes but it is what is is.. :(

Good luck to everyone on this fantastic FIFA. :D

For those who ENJOY this game.. I have no words anymore.

Thank **** there are actually still competent people on this planet. You are correct. This FIFA is complete ****. Absolutely NO skill is needed to get to division 1. Ive already got it on 2 accounts. I've been playing FIFA since FIFA 07 but properly since FIFA 12. FIFA 12-13 required skill. Real skill moves that were intricate and were fair to use and beat your opponents with. FIFA 14-17 were based mainly on pace, clever LB+Y's then just Y's coz to be fair loobed through balls were overpowered BUT NOW THEYRE COMPLETELY **** USELESS. FIFA 18 took a worrying turn in pace. A lot slower and based on passing. I think still based on skill. Passing actually worked and the odd skill move could be pulled off. I personally liked how passing with tiki taka played was actually effective and teams like France (which I used for all my seasons matches I got to div 1 on 2 accounts 4 times.) For no **** reason Real Madrid was weirdly overpowered and boring to play against. FIFA 19 IS COMPLETE **** ****. THE GOALKEEPERS ARE STRANGELY OVERPOWEERED TO ANYTHING THAT ISNT FINESSE BUT AS SOON AS A BRONZE STRIKER USES **** RB AGAINST DE GEA SUDDENLY HE TURNS AUTISTIC AND CANT SAVE ****. ITS **** **** ME OFF AND I WANT TO MAKE MY FIRST YOUTUBE VIDEO BEING A RANT ABOUT THE **** GAME MECHANICS ON THIS ****. A couple of teams are underpowered for no **** reason. France for example despite being world champions are **** DREADFUL. HOW TO WIN IN FIFA 19? JUST **** SHOOT. DOESNT MATTER WHO. DOESNT MATTER YOUR POSITION, DOESNT MATTER ABOUT ACTUAL SKILLED PLAY TO GET INTO A GOOD POSITION. JUST PRESS RB AND B, BOOM YOU'LL GO STRAIGHT TO DIV 1. Ive played a plethera of complete **** in div 1 and I have no idea how they got there. OH WAIT THEY USE **** TACTICS THAT REQUIRE NO SKILL. Also Im not even going to go into the quite frankly CRIMINAL gambling system with packs and fifa points. but thats just the complete **** at EA. **** YOU EA. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE **************DO NOT BUY FIFA 2020************** WE MUST STAND AGAINST THIS ****
  • I actually haven't played 19 in over 2 weeks due to not liking the game.

17 & 18 both have small skill-gaps but 19 it's got even smaller somehow E.A have done the unthinkable they do it to give the noobs a chance but in turn.. it makes the game less fun, skill-moves nowadays don't work very often either.. Shielding with LT might work.. although you shouldn't need to do it but you're forced into it when you try to beat your opponents Defender but the AI Mirrors where you run and you get Auto tackled there's no skill in that is there? E.A Have to Town down AI Defending massively in the next couple patches but I doubt they will, I only play Pro Clubs now anyway as Online Seasons or FUT is pointless and not rewarding.

The last good FIFA for me was 16.. that game had a decent skill-gap honestly, You could actually get past players with skill & they wouldn't randomly catch up with you & get an Auto block in when you shoot unlike 19.

Ever since FIFA17 was released & E.A Introduced AI Defending is where it's gone downhill the days of 16 are long gone.. even 15 was very pace oriented but it had a far bigger skill-gap than the game we have now!.

Been forced into buying other games like Forza Horizon 4 & have Red Dead Redemption 2 on Pre-Order but i'm just not surprised by E.A just disappointed :/ nothing ever changes but it is what is is.. :(

Good luck to everyone on this fantastic FIFA. :D

For those who ENJOY this game.. I have no words anymore.

Dude.