2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Currently on 1830 skill points, need the points but don’t wanna go into D3

You’ve auto qualified.

Que?

What points do you need? To qualify for WL?

Points for rewards I assume
  • '96dc2
    9060 posts League Winner
    vneklw wrote: »
    Currently on 1830 skill points, need the points but don’t wanna go into D3

You’ve auto qualified.

Que?

What points do you need? To qualify for WL?

Points for rewards I assume

Lol oh yeah... meh cba with rivals, fut champs is actually less stress this year. Lol
  • '96dc2
    9060 posts League Winner
    Easy solution is score a few og’s to kill your skill points.
  • hoban95 wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Yeah, I’m in div 3. It’s already around 10.5k.

Sorry Fifa god.

I’ll go back to the depths of div 4 and learn my place.

:trollface:

I wish i was a fifa god. :joy:

You’re a god at getting late goals and crushing my dreams. Lucky ****....

:joy:

With all your long shots, this should be your year. ;)

Set it up for a volley and it’s an insta goal this year :smile: it’s sad but I only score headers and longshots :joy:

It’s just a shame I cba to play this game enough to learn what to do in each scenario. Still can’t finish 1 v 1 either.

I played a game earlier and conceded 3 long range finesse shots in 25 mins. I kicked off, got to the line and did a low driven cross into the box to Mertens who was inside the 6 yard box, in front of goal, GK other side of the goal, and he put it completely wide. I just paused and quit. :joy: You get punished for creating clear cut chances rather than just spamming long range timed finesse shots and that's why i really don't like this game.

That’s happened to me a few times, rb + a across the box and the shot will hit the keeper quite often. I just finesse from the top of the box with hazard now.

Working a proper chance isn’t worth it like you said.

My man.

I have Hazard as well. Not really sure why but i do. :joy:

You have him because you want to play with the best player in the league.

This is true. That's why i bought Felipe Anderson's OTW.

:smirk:

That’s deep.
  • JME
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    can someone please recommend a team for 900k? want to switch to 4231 ig
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Reward structure is a shambles right now. Need to give better rewards for lower ranks in higher divisions.
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    I'm losing to someone who is actually playing decent football. F*** me this is a first
  • Maverick
    8714 posts League Winner
    Uberman wrote: »
    I'm losing to someone who is actually playing decent football. F*** me this is a first

Git gud
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    edited October 2018
    Maverick wrote: »

Git gud

Don't mind losses like that :joy:

• Reus
    23562 posts Club Captain
    Trying to decide if this is the worst fifa I have played or not

Tbh I think it probably is as there has never been a fifa with so many glaring problems

Near post headers are worse than ever and now so are overhead kicks
    These timed finesse shots from range are a joke and will be game breaking once people have stacked teams
    Attacking players are way too good at intercepting and tackling which makes high pressure very op
    The referees aid the high pressure players by not giving a foul for anything, it's like fighting khabib half the time
    Power shots seem to have the same amount of power as finesse shots
    AI is turned up way too high, most players don't defend at all just run around with a midfielder in the distance
    Goalkeepers are way too slow to go to ground or pick the ball up, they constantly hesitate

We do have some excellent additions though

Rivals is much better than seasons was
    All icons in packs fromm the start is huge
    Weekly pick packs instead of monthlies is way better
    I like the dribbling and passing this year

Just a shame I feel the gameplay is a long way from where it could be

The timed finesse longshots are gonna be a serious problem in the future though when everyone has full teams of icons, toty, tifs

It feels like the game could be really good with some changes but atm there are some serious issues for me
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Reus wrote: »

Tbh I think it probably is as there has never been a fifa with so many glaring problems

These timed finesse shots from range are a joke and will be game breaking once people have stacked teams
    Attacking players are way too good at intercepting and tackling which makes high pressure very op
    The referees aid the high pressure players by not giving a foul for anything, it's like fighting khabib half the time
    AI is turned up way too high, most players don't defend at all just run around with a midfielder in the distance
    Goalkeepers are way too slow to go to ground or pick the ball up, they constantly hesitate

The timed finesse longshots are gonna be a serious problem in the future though when everyone has full teams of icons, toty, tifs

It feels like the game could be really good with some changes but atm there are some serious issues for me

Couldn't agree more. Timed finesse shots are bad enough with the likes of Martial let alone someone like R9/Dinho etc doing them.

Player picks are a good feature. Although i feel they should be 81+ and weighted better (They are untradable anyway no need to shaft almost everyone)
  • Reus
    23562 posts Club Captain

Couldn't agree more. Timed finesse shots are bad enough with the likes of Martial let alone someone like R9/Dinho etc doing them.

Player picks are a good feature. Although i feel they should be 81+ and weighted better (They are untradable anyway no need to shaft almost everyone)

Completely outplayed someone yesterday but he scored 3 timed finesse longshots from 3 attempts with nif hamsik and I lost 4-3

It's a bit silly really, hopefully is nerfed slightly in the next patch else it will ruin the game completely
  • GRobinho10
    242 posts Sunday League Hero
    Primal wrote: »
    these timed fineses are a complete joke. no matter the angle, the distance, the player or weakfoot they go in. every game in d2 it's all people use, such a boring game

Just move the keeper to save them. Move the keeper is a huge game changer.
  • krakos000
    17929 posts World Class
    GRobinho10 wrote: »
    Primal wrote: »
    these timed fineses are a complete joke. no matter the angle, the distance, the player or weakfoot they go in. every game in d2 it's all people use, such a boring game

Just move the keeper to save them. Move the keeper is a huge game changer.

You just click in the stick and move to the left or right correct?
  • Pikachu
    9274 posts League Winner
    I feel like I’m handicapping myself since I have timed shots turned off...
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class

Completely outplayed someone yesterday but he scored 3 timed finesse longshots from 3 attempts with nif hamsik and I lost 4-3

It's a bit silly really, hopefully is nerfed slightly in the next patch else it will ruin the game completely

This game doesn't reward you for actually playing football. It rewards you for taking shots from the most obnoxious angles and them flying in because you press B twice instead of once
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    Conceided equalizer in 92nd because my defenders refused to clear the ball 2 times :neutral:
  • Carlos181
    4855 posts National Call-Up
    Went against someone who nailed down overhead kicks from corners. I conceded 3.
  • Calayrdonia
    53 posts Park Captain

At this moment, for me it’s definitely the worst. There are just far too many issues. You usually get one that everyone jumps on but there’s so many.

The near post goals. ALL THE TIME.
    Just general crossing and heading/volleying
    Strikers appearing to have 90 tackling and interceptions
    Rebound goals constantly
    When you perfectly time 2,3,4 tackles near your box and your opponent still has the ball
    20-25 yard finesse shots that go in every single time.

Twice last night I was in a very close match with someone probably just a bit better than me and in each game after the 65-70th minute I passed round them and finished to take a 1-0 lead. Really hard and tough to finally get a goal.

First one I conceded in 80th and 87th from two corners.
    Second one was a late goals from 25 yard with a finesse shot then a near post corner to win.

You put so much effort into the game and it’s basically a waste of time. It’s just ridiculous. I don’t mind losing if the guy just cuts me open and destroys me. But to use these things that are essentially broken is hard to take.
  • Primal
    9661 posts League Winner
    Pikachu wrote: »
    I feel like I’m handicapping myself since I have timed shots turned off...

you are mate it's all people use in higher divisions.They pretty much go in every time
  • Koolfashion
    2971 posts National Call-Up
    Played a game yesterday, and Alejandro Gomez made best interceptions and tackles I have seen in this game. People using cams to track back and intercept the ball. Doesnt matter if its CR7, Makelele, whoever, he will destroy them.

Its a shame that every player has a interceptions of fifa 18 prime Maldini.
  • Shaanxz
    23132 posts Club Captain
    I’ve only conceded one bicycle kick In 70 odd games. You just have to make sure you switch quick enough and manually position your keeper
  • Koolfashion
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    I’ve only conceded one bicycle kick In 70 odd games. You just have to make sure you switch quick enough and manually position your keeper

With 2k skill points rating, I rarely concede or score corners. but i am scared tbh, kante and makelele my cdms.. 🎃🎃🎃🎃 gang cant win headers.
  • jenksiee123
    24612 posts Club Captain

And spamming B helps as well, I've not conceded that many either or headers.
  • Thefranchise92
    5655 posts Big Money Move
    Whoman wrote: »
    No idea why people have so much issue scoring without resorting to trying for the BS every time. Barely ever won more than 50% in WEL last 2 years when i played, but am a combined 28-12 so far this year while still playing the same varied style offensively and absolutely sucking at timed finishing/finesse shots/long shots. Yeah i score a fair few headers but most my goals come after decent buildup.

Maybe, just maybe the problem isn't only being able to score certain goals but having that preconceived notion and only trying for them. I know for a fact that a decent % of my wins come against better players who try way to hard to get into their 'money positions' and do the same thing over and over again.
    For example i probably score 4-5 Corner goals for every one i receive and most aren't actually from short post corner. I mean, i know where the guy will smash it everytime, kinda helps defending it. Meanwhile they seem flabbergasted every time i put the ball at a variety of other effective spots for headers.

So true they keep putting it in the same corner spot. Trying to call short to throw h off. People play the numbers and abuse rather than the game. U can go short go a bit long go middle of the box go edge of the box etc
  • Overevil
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can anyone please update me on div4 rank1/2? Cheers
  • Shaanxz
    23132 posts Club Captain
    I don’t find fut rivals bad tbh. Just a shame people play like there’s life’s depends on it
  • Koolfashion
    I don’t find fut rivals bad tbh. Just a shame people play like there’s life’s depends on it

Nothing bad in willing to win tbh.
  • Hollandman
    4860 posts National Call-Up
    Rank 2,div 5 is now 10k points.Have now 15k should that be enough?
  • Dan2501
    1250 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Hollandman wrote: »
    Rank 2,div 5 is now 10k points.Have now 15k should that be enough?

15k should be plenty I'd have thought, I think the totals will be lower than last week. What's Div 5 Rank 1 now?