The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• CaptEcuador16
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    You guys got any silvers in mind that have a realistic chance of getting an IF this year that you’d love to have?
    First one of the top of my head is Barco. His in game stats are really good. Has funny pace stats though. Really high acc but much lower sprint speed.
  • RayS
    37151 posts World Cup Winner
    You guys got any silvers in mind that have a realistic chance of getting an IF this year that you’d love to have?
    First one of the top of my head is Barco. His in game stats are really good. Has funny pace stats though. Really high acc but much lower sprint speed.

Tyler Adams before he leaves the MLS after this season...

He’s incredible in my MLS hybrid side.
  • SuperSonicSean
    6190 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    I'd love a Zusi IF.

Also how about DC United?!?! In playoff position now, baby! I'm jumping on the bandwagon now. Though in my defense, they are my local team, and I was at the game last weekend against the Chicago Fire. Proof:
    20181007-141424.jpg

With the Fire eliminated, I might as well cheer on DC. @Chubbs must be shaking in his boots knowing that DC, a team that is 4-2 against ATL, is currently in the 6th seed. This is a team you don't wanna meet in the playoffs.
  • Chubbs
    14642 posts Has That Special Something
    I'd love a Zusi IF.

Also how about DC United?!?! In playoff position now, baby! I'm jumping on the bandwagon now. Though in my defense, they are my local team, and I was at the game last weekend against the Chicago Fire. Proof:
    20181007-141424.jpg

With the Fire eliminated, I might as well cheer on DC. @Chubbs must be shaking in his boots knowing that DC, a team that is 4-2 against ATL, is currently in the 6th seed. This is a team you don't wanna meet in the playoffs.

Dc owns us. Canouse is playing like a DP, Rooney has figured it out quickly, and Acosta is a nightmare. Like our chances in a home/home though.
  • CaptEcuador16
    Just in case you guys didn’t know, IF BWP is a monster at the near post from corners
  • Ryno
    6567 posts Big Money Move
    Just in case you guys didn’t know, IF BWP is a monster at the near post from corners

Tbf any player is a monster at near post corners if its not defended lmao
  • CaptEcuador16
    edited October 2018
    Ryno wrote: »

Tbf any player is a monster at near post corners if its not defended lmao

I know haha but I’m talking about looking at BWPs physical attributes, he’s beaten some solid CBs near post in the weekend league for me
  • RayS
    edited October 2018
    I wonder if EA’s schedule for League SBCs is now every Mon and Tues at 6pm. That’s what they did last week and it would make sense for spreading ou some promos throughout the week with MM SBCs moved to Thurs (and now Flashback SBC every friday?)
  • SuperSonicSean
    6190 posts Big Money Move
    Hmmm, I hope so. I just bought like 95% of MLS players, and I'm flat broke now. Cost like 170K or so.
  • RayS
    Hmmm, I hope so. I just bought like 95% of MLS players, and I'm flat broke now. Cost like 170K or so.

Same here. Put my savings for Icon Nakata on hold to do this little project. Didn’t help that I couldn’t resist picking up Lukaku once i passed 200k for the first time
  • Antparry92
    20883 posts Club Captain
    I have 170k spare at the moment... I want to not spend it straight away as I think I’m gonna save for an icon
  • QceCapo
    5696 posts Big Money Move
    Yep.....tried running with an all MLS defense for the weekend. I'll be picking up Yedlin and adding Brooks and going hybrid for a bit hahaha
  • RayS
    QceCapo wrote: »
    Yep.....tried running with an all MLS defense for the weekend. I'll be picking up Yedlin and adding Brooks and going hybrid for a bit hahaha

sounds about rite
  • RayS
    since I've come this far in MLS Prep... gonna fill up my transfer watch list with dupes of the higher rated players for every team. Just to cover my bases :#
  • CaptEcuador16
    QceCapo wrote: »

Dude I feel you I made gold 3 with 4 games left
  • RayS
    with the Icon SBC being repeatable and requiring a full XI of rare bronzes and full XI of rare silvers... gonna make the MLS rare players crazy expensive...
  • Ryno
    RayS wrote: »
    with the Icon SBC being repeatable and requiring a full XI of rare bronzes and full XI of rare silvers... gonna make the MLS rare players crazy expensive...

Does it really? FFS. EA is screwing us over this year. Why make it so expensive to collect bronze and silver cards this year? Annoying.
  • RayS

Does it really? FFS. EA is screwing us over this year. Why make it so expensive to collect bronze and silver cards this year? Annoying.

Yep. I’m buying Silver players packs off thr store to see if i can make any profit off it lol.
  • Ryno

Yep. I’m buying Silver players packs off thr store to see if i can make any profit off it lol.

There is a thread in XCC that is about the SPM (Silver Pack Method), seems to be quite lucrative
  • Chubbs

There is a thread in XCC that is about the SPM (Silver Pack Method), seems to be quite lucrative

It is. Bought all the 5k packs last night and have sold all but 3/4 cards that I didn't keep. Some for 4/6k most for around 800c.
  • Antparry92
    20883 posts Club Captain
    I’m glad I have my bronze MLS finished for the year haha
  • RayS

thanks for that!
  • Chubbs
    Hot take. Ibra is awful. Villa twice the player, Giovinco 10x the player.
  • RayS
    No League SBC :s
  • Ryno
    No League SBC :s

Good. I need time to get all my players still
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »

skip bayless?
  • Ryno
    bear wrote: »

skip bayless?

Chubbs would be the type of guy to give Skip Bayless/Stephen A. Smith-esque takes
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something

skip bayless?

Chubbs would be the type of guy to give Skip Bayless/Stephen A. Smith-esque takes

I think @Antparry92 has said Jozy Altidore should retire as a professional athlete and Brad Guzan wouldn't make a roster in the Welsh 3rd division.
  • Ryno

skip bayless?

I think @Antparry92 has said Jozy Altidore should retire as a professional athlete and Brad Guzan wouldn't make a roster in the Welsh 3rd division.

Chubbs is Skip, Ant is Stephen A.
  • RayS

skip bayless?

Chubbs is Skip, Ant is Stephen A.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bc55c6f3135703236665809