Lads.. real talk

iRusty_yo
3925 posts National Call-Up
LB Maldini on 7chem at CB, yay or nay?

I recall last year many mentioning that his 88 was no different to 94 at defense

Comments

• KD240792
    962 posts Professional
    Last year his 88 was mint at 7 chem CB, i think the only way youd find out in this one is if you try, but i reckon he would be a monster, due to his base pace defending and passing stats being up there with the elite centre backs in the game.
  • iRusty_yo
    KD240792 wrote: »
    Last year his 88 was mint at 7 chem CB, i think the only way youd find out in this one is if you try, but i reckon he would be a monster, due to his base pace defending and passing stats being up there with the elite centre backs in the game.

Exactly, I checked the futbead numbers and he’s 90 rated CB with anchor on at 7 chem. got a bid on atm at 360k

Considering the prices for “elite” cb’s it’s a no brainer
  • KD240792
    962 posts Professional
    Yeah true dat, plys he links to anyone. That price range, Ramos would be my obvious choice, but he is restricted to league and nation obviously. The extra 60k youd pay for maldini would be worth it for say a prem team, as their cbs are guff.
  • iRusty_yo
    KD240792 wrote: »
    Yeah true dat, plys he links to anyone. That price range, Ramos would be my obvious choice, but he is restricted to league and nation obviously. The extra 60k youd pay for maldini would be worth it for say a prem team, as their cbs are guff.

Yep, exactly why I was considering him at CB tbh

I loved his 94 last year, truly an elite of a CB
  • iRusty_yo
    Well, his base card is going to be my CB for a foreseeable future. Great card, feels no different to his prime I had last year.

Great passing, heading, defense, speed & presence which is felt throughout the match.
  • Riggs006
    894 posts Professional
    I did the same last year, packed 88 Maldini in the Icon SBC and played him CB for close to 100 games, he was a beast and only got rid of him to go towards the Prime R9 SBC, so definitely a player for long term I'd say.
  • iRusty_yo
    Riggs006 wrote: »
    I did the same last year, packed 88 Maldini in the Icon SBC and played him CB for close to 100 games, he was a beast and only got rid of him to go towards the Prime R9 SBC, so definitely a player for long term I'd say.

For the price of an icon and comparing to elites like Ramos & Varane he’s got it all, this card won’t drop in price like them NIF’s will.

Furthermore, 10/7 chem doesn’t really make a difference from my past experience
  • Moose Factory
    3599 posts National Call-Up
    I loved his 88 last year. Didn’t even bother with his prime. I used him at LWB and was amazed how involved he got in the attack. He can do it all.