Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• trampo23
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lucas TB wrote: »
    Just tried Raul 86. 10 games in DIV 3, 14 goals, and 1 assist. While i don't have coins to paid 1KK for a player, best icon i tried so far.

Did you have problems with his stamina and pace? And In what position and formation did you use him??
  • TimRUFC
    3287 posts National Call-Up
    Anybody used Overmars this year please?
  • Navraat
    3511 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    expect Dinho to go up by 200k now :trollface:
  • Koolfashion
    2684 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Cantona84 Go with Cruyff or prime Henry :) I like Henry more as striker than Cruyff.
  • Navraat
    Managed to overcome the fresh card OCD and just look at it in terms of profit.

Not a surprise since I'm amazing
  • AIeks
    4991 posts National Call-Up
    I was hardly trying to affect the market by what I said.

Not looking to sell, or buy, I've got one.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Joestoe wrote: »
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    @Blarix @Kamilflage @Koolfashion @JimmyVulmer

I am going to do an RTG around one Icon this edition. Who would you recommend doing it around?

The candidates for me so far is Cruyff, Best and Socrates.

Any other suggestions guys?

Get Cruyff. 5* 5*, central player with amazing stats. I'm using his prime (yeah, I spent a few pennies) and he won't leave my club till the end of the year.
    Kamilflage wrote: »

I am going to do an RTG around one Icon this edition. Who would you recommend doing it around?

@Cantona84
    I'm gonna have to vote in Cruyff on this one as he is a new Icon with a lot of hype around him....
    Best has been around, and Socrates would get boring lol.
    Other candidates perhaps Eusebio or one of the 3 new powerhouse mids, Gerrard Lampard Ballack

Thanks guys. Any difference between the versions of Cruyff?

I don’t know when I have the coins for him as I have plenty tied up in investments. I ain’t stressing it though, he will arrive at one point anyway. This year I treat the game almost like a trading game as I don’t enjoy the gameplay. One or two proper icons might change the fun of playing.
  • trampo23
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Did anyone use 86 and 88 Vieri cards?? I heard a lot of praise for his 88 version but isnt the 86 better because of stamina and maybe more agile?
  • Navraat

Get Cruyff. 5* 5*, central player with amazing stats. I'm using his prime (yeah, I spent a few pennies) and he won't leave my club till the end of the year.

@Cantona84
    I'm gonna have to vote in Cruyff on this one as he is a new Icon with a lot of hype around him....
    Other candidates perhaps Eusebio or one of the 3 new powerhouse mids, Gerrard Lampard Ballack

I don’t know when I have the coins for him as I have plenty tied up in investments. I ain’t stressing it though, he will arrive at one point anyway. This year I treat the game almost like a trading game as I don’t enjoy the gameplay. One or two proper icons might change the fun of playing.

stamina, you get 5-10 more min out of mid and prime version
  • Kamilflage
    5004 posts Big Money Move

@Cantona84

I hear you with the trading part....that's all I'm doing this year: buy, try, flip, repeat...
    As for version, I've tried only the 89 and 91 and really didnt notice much difference. 91 did finish finesse shots slightly better, but these types of things come down to the current level of EAids in the match.

Havent used the Prime so cant comment
  • Joestoe
    5111 posts Big Money Move

@Cantona84

Haven't tried the other versions, went straight for the prime. So can't help you with the comparison. Comparing their stats, the prime gets quite a big boost in passing and shooting, so he might feel a lot better. Design wise, the card face of the prime looks sublime as well.
  • WillianDollaBaby
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Prices are suddenly more than absurd. Cannot justify buying anything atm.
  • Joestoe
    5111 posts Big Money Move

Just saw Makelele getting BIN'ed for 1.1. Was like 950k yesterday.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

They’re ridiculous tbh. Half tempted to sell the icons I have and rebuy when things are sensible.
  • AIeks
    4991 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone have any guesses as to why the prices are what they are?
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    AIeks wrote: »

This thread and people exploiting it for their own gains :joy:

Plus loads more buying power after first WL rewards and everyone waited to buy until rewards dropped.
  • Navraat
    AIeks wrote: »

I do

- No Icon SBCs, which the idea of kept people not buying and waiting, now that theres nothing they went ham on players

- some people buying and others seeing it made them buy too

- wl rewards, fut champs and coin buying means theres a **** ton of coins into the game and no sbc to drain them out

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Tidy 100k profit on Cannavaro, should make the same again on Raul and Hierro. Just gonna use a cheap team until prices aren’t stupid tbh.
  • Koolfashion
    2684 posts Fans' Favourite
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Tidy 100k profit on Cannavaro, should make the same again on Raul and Hierro. Just gonna use a cheap team until prices aren’t stupid tbh.

I feel like I should sell my whole team. Trade and play with cheap squad. PLaying with a cheap squad is not funny at all though.
  • solnasolna08
    1906 posts Play-Off Hero
    only 3 cr7 on the market
  • Olleman
    13165 posts Has That Special Something
    I need CR7 to drop big time. 2 far away from him atm :#
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Prime deco is decent and cheap
  • Gavin1985
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    hows prime gattuso or do i just go for middle makelele he will be playing along side kante and pogba
  • Littleland95
    17042 posts Moderator
    trampo23 wrote: »
    Did anyone use 86 and 88 Vieri cards?? I heard a lot of praise for his 88 version but isnt the 86 better because of stamina and maybe more agile?

Better workrates on the 86 as well. 88 might have a bit better shooting. Loved the 86 card.
  • WillianDollaBaby
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The amount of coins that suddenly dropped into the game yesterday was a joke to be fair. I only played up to rank 3 div rivals and silver 3 in FUT champs and still accumulated about 100k in rewards and coins. Not only that but straight after people will be buying for the WL itself.

If I put little effort into it I could make gold 3, so you're straight away looking at 100k in rewards without packing anything decent. Then division rivals gives you another 50-100k if you take the tradeable rewards, this is for, once again, not having to be a hardcore player.

So off the bat you're getting 200k a week being a casual and moderately good FIFA player. That coupled with the lack of icons on the market doesn't bode well until black Friday.

Hardcore players making elite and getting division 1 and 2 rewards, specifically coin rewards from division rivals will be rolling in it. And now the only players they can get to make a real difference are icons and the boss players can't even get them from monthlies anymore.
  • Navraat
    edited October 2018
    I still dont know 100% the direction of this.

EA controls the market so there's that but also theres loads of coins into the game
    Olleman wrote: »
    I need CR7 to drop big time. 2 far away from him atm :#

he's so good, Kluivert on steroids
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Blarix wrote: »
    Prime deco is decent and cheap

:joy:

a0e42880b4b3cac5a6ec45d5f8ae0d54.jpg

Guys i haven't used him im sure he is decent. Was just testing my fine ol' lurkers. Sorry
  • Scutch
    11470 posts Has That Special Something
    Absolutely crazy prices. Prime Butra was 1.2m yesterday morning. One has just sold now for 1.78m.
  • solnasolna08
    1906 posts Play-Off Hero
    prime icon sbc = price going down big on icons.

i have a feeling something big going to happen 6 pm today :)

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    edited October 2018
    Haha I knew what you were doing @Blarix :joy:

You have too much influence, can you please start saying that the players I want are awful and should be sold for minimum :lol: