• Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    No mate but good luck to you
  • Hodor
    1392 posts Play-Off Hero
    Campino wrote: »
    Unfortunately not

My motto is “only run if you’re being chased” that’s enough for me

and that way it's acceptable to cry whilst running too?
  • Hodor
    1392 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rutta wrote: »
    No mate but good luck to you

Cheers pal
  • BrentfordFC
    11654 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah I’ll be giving pints and burgers to all participants in the race
  • Antparry92
    17562 posts World Class
    I couldn’t think of anything worse tbh mate with my joints :joy:

I done a half marathon in my tough mudder 3 years ago, and had “ran” the last mile and a half with a partially torn Achilles and had a moon boot on for a few weeks after it
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    I did the Bath Half once and that was plenty for me. I think I could have done more, I was just bored and glad it was finished.
  • NooBish AbbZ
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2018
    Negative on the London one; did Birmingham and Southampton Half over the last year and I've just signed up for Southampton half in May next year. First one so i'm not putting so much of a 'msut beat' time on it. I'd like to just finish without having to walk for too long. Last half was 1hr 56 so i think a 4hr 30 is manageable with the time i've got to train.
  • Hodor
    1392 posts Play-Off Hero
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    I couldn’t think of anything worse tbh mate with my joints :joy:

I done a half marathon in my tough mudder 3 years ago, and had “ran” the last mile and a half with a partially torn Achilles and had a moon boot on for a few weeks after it

Oh god, sound fun haha.

TBH - i didn't think i'd get a place...i'm asthmatic and diabetic so don't expect to survive the full race :joy:
  • Hodor
    1392 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    Negative on the London one; did Birmingham and Southampton Half over the last year and I've just signed up for Southampton half in May next year. First one so i'm not putting so much of a 'msut beat' time on it. I'd like to just finish without having to walk for too long. Last half was 1hr 56 so i think a 4hr 30 is manageable with the time i've got to train.

I might go for the Southampton! I live about 15 min from there, moved down here in Jan!. 1 hr56 is good! i got 2 hour 1 in my first one a couple years back
  • Fab
    17541 posts World Class
    Brother good luck!
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hodor wrote: »
    Anyone partaking?

My mum did a marathon 2 weeks ago, and she's been running for a while, so if you need any tips, go ahead ;) pm
    Think she ran it in 3h45 or something