The 4-1-2-1-2 Formation not good anymore ?

Mahy87
600 posts An Exciting Prospect
As title said !! I played so far around 120 games using that formation, I won 65, lost 25 and draw couple of games which are bad stats for me. Last year my stats were way better with this formation though I was using the same tactics and instructions. I tried the 4-4-1-1 but I couldnt get used to it, I felt it like more defending than attacking formation.

However, I figured out that my lack exactly was in the midfield especially when my opponent has 2 CMs. I lose so many balls in the midfield and mostly the passes between CBs, CDM and CAM. Therefore, I decided to go back to the formation 4-3-3 (4) which was my favorite one in FUT17 and FUT16.

Does anyone agree with me ? what are your thoughts ? and what custom tactics is preferable with this formation?

Comments

  • Mahy87
    600 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just another thing guys, what do you think about playing with 3 CBs at the back ? example like 3-1-4-2
  • DKCena
    1846 posts Play-Off Hero
    Struggled when people played PTB - So I changed to 4-2-2-2. Seems good so far. More offensive options and better backup at counter.
  • tetsu0jin
    1872 posts Fans' Favourite
    I always played 41212 and 4312. Last fifa whenever i tried 433 variations or the famous 4321 i struggled hard and always played something with 2 st. This fifa is like ea wants me to play 4321. It feels so good and im winning alot of games.
  • Mmandras
    6388 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    The formation is fine, you have 5 attacking options, 6 if you have fast cdm with decent shooting stats. I suggest using it if the chemistry is not an issue / you don't have star wingers like Neymar, he would be obviously too far away at LM.

    As for the D, it's the way you are using players, or rather not using, than how many people you have on the midfield.
  • Mahy87
    600 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DKCena wrote: »
    Struggled when people played PTB - So I changed to 4-2-2-2. Seems good so far. More offensive options and better backup at counter.

    its good formation but in this FIFA you need wingers !!
    tetsu0jin wrote: »
    I always played 41212 and 4312. Last fifa whenever i tried 433 variations or the famous 4321 i struggled hard and always played something with 2 st. This fifa is like ea wants me to play 4321. It feels so good and im winning alot of games.

    its also a good formation but like I said in this FIFA you need wingers unless if you instruct your LB/RB to overlap but its risky if your opponent has pacey wingers.
    Mmandras wrote: »
    The formation is fine, you have 5 attacking options, 6 if you have fast cdm with decent shooting stats. I suggest using it if the chemistry is not an issue / you don't have star wingers like Neymar, he would be obviously too far away at LM.

    As for the D, it's the way you are using players, or rather not using, than how many people you have on the midfield.

    My real struggle is in the midfield. Like I said I'm losing so many balls even if my opponent's midfield is weak. I think its all because of the distance gap between the CAM and CDM.

Sign In or Register to comment.