FIFA19 Lowest Skillgap Ever.

TacticalTugTeam
1366 posts Professional
I actually haven't played 19 in over a week due to not liking the game.

17 & 18 both have small skill-gaps but 19 it's got even smaller somehow E.A have done the unthinkable they do it to give the noobs a chance but in turn.. it makes the game less fun, skill-moves nowadays don't work very often either.. Shielding with LT might work.. although you shouldn't need to do it but you're forced into it when you try to beat your opponents Defender but the AI Mirrors where you run and you get Auto tackled there's no skill in that is there? E.A Have to Town down AI Defending massively in the next couple patches but I doubt they will, I only play Pro Clubs now anyway as Online Seasons or FUT is pointless and not rewarding.

The last good FIFA for me was 16.. that game had a decent skill-gap honestly, You could actually get past players with skill & they wouldn't randomly catch up with you & get an Auto block in when you shoot unlike 19.

Ever since FIFA17 was released & E.A Introduced AI Defending is where it's gone downhill the days of 16 are long gone.. even 15 was very pace oriented but it had a far bigger skill-gap than the game we have now!.

Been forced into buying other games like Forza Horizon 4 & have Red Dead Redemption 2 on Pre-Order but i'm just not surprised by E.A just disappointed :/ nothing ever changes but it is what is is.. :(

Good luck to everyone on this fantastic FIFA. :D

For those who ENJOY this game.. I have no words anymore. :|

Comments

• SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Good riddance.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1366 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Good riddance.

Good riddance casual player blatantly defending the least skill based FIFA in history. :)
  • Barry
    13 posts Ball Boy
    Worst fifa ever
  • Tooner9
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    I actually haven't played 19 in over a week due to not liking the game.

17 & 18 both have small skill-gaps but 19 it's got even smaller somehow E.A have done the unthinkable they do it to give the noobs a chance but in turn.. it makes the game less fun, skill-moves nowadays don't work very often either.. Shielding with LT might work.. although you shouldn't need to do it but you're forced into it when you try to beat your opponents Defender but the AI Mirrors where you run and you get Auto tackled there's no skill in that is there? E.A Have to Town down AI Defending massively in the next couple patches but I doubt they will, I only play Pro Clubs now anyway as Online Seasons or FUT is pointless and not rewarding.

The last good FIFA for me was 16.. that game had a decent skill-gap honestly, You could actually get past players with skill & they wouldn't randomly catch up with you & get an Auto block in when you shoot unlike 19.

Ever since FIFA17 was released & E.A Introduced AI Defending is where it's gone downhill the days of 16 are long gone.. even 15 was very pace oriented but it had a far bigger skill-gap than the game we have now!.

Been forced into buying other games like Forza Horizon 4 & have Red Dead Redemption 2 on Pre-Order but i'm just not surprised by E.A just disappointed :/ nothing ever changes but it is what is is.. :(

Good luck to everyone on this fantastic FIFA. :D

For those who ENJOY this game.. I have no words anymore. :|

It's the same for everyone I personally think the games fine, if ppl use the AI to defend then it's easy to trick them with a skill, think more ppl just blame the game if this fifa doesn't suit them or not getting the results they want or did on previous arcade fifa's, when ppl play online and moan I don't understand cos it's exactly the same for the other person and you either beat them cos better than them or lose (because of the game!!!!)
  • Dronegan
    1123 posts Professional
    Like the attacking is assisted as it can be. Obviously defending needs to also be assisted to some degree.

But guess what? I hope this aint a big suprise for you. But there is your SKILLGAP. You hit it big time. You aint better than this. You cant beat AI defenders that just contain and dont even tackle the ball.

You just hit a skillgap. But better complain than l2play i guess.
  • china2991
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @TacticalTugTeam I hear ya man, Difference between the last 3 and 16 was that you could dribble around people that didn't control the closest defender (biggest contribution to this i think is because of how OP strength has become since 16) Once you get near a guy now you get tossed off the ball, Tackling barely actually exist's in the game, now iv'e mentioned it you will probably notice it more that most times you lose the ball from strength. They usually do that jump in front of you animation.

There is a skill gap but i think i know where you are coming from, Any random ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that cant put an attack together will still somehow squirm a fluky goal against you while all your shots are being last ditch blocked and also the guys that are usually better than you are the one's that have masted scoring every corner and playing 90 yard blind passes.

Of course this kinda stuff happened in every FIFA, but since FIFA16 you could consider it nearly every game, For me personally someone that finishes every fifa with about a 300W-120L seasons record since FIFA16 every single agame is a complete struggle to win. You're not even safe 4-0 since FIFA17 which is probably why my opponents since fifa17 have rarely quit until its 5-0, People would quit at 2-0 on FIFA16. 90% of the time people that were 2-0 had deserved to be 2-0 up and it wasn't going to change anytime soon, You can win 4-0 on FIFA19 and still have been completely destroyed by a better player.
  • Ronaldinho999
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    china2991 wrote: »
    Of course this kinda stuff happened in every FIFA, but since FIFA16 you could consider it nearly every game, For me personally someone that finishes every fifa with about a 300W-120L seasons record since FIFA16 every single agame is a complete struggle to win. You're not even safe 4-0 since FIFA17 which is probably why my opponents since fifa17 have rarely quit until its 5-0, People would quit at 2-0 on FIFA16. 90% of the time people that were 2-0 had deserved to be 2-0 up and it wasn't going to change anytime soon, You can win 4-0 on FIFA19 and still have been completely destroyed by a better player.

Spot on mate, the golden era of being 2-0 by outsmarting heavily ur opponent making them quit... now ur 4-0 they keep playing and still manage without even knowing how to draw lmao

History of fifa... but hey i love football, making all that plays and brilliant goals so I still get on with the game, now to the ones who simply run and use 2 buttoms cross and shoot I honestly can't understand why would u play fifa....
  • Bane8Toni
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just need a balanced game...where my skill and quality of the team I use would determine the outcome. Not some random game where I use Real Madrid and lose to Reading because their defenders keep catching up or auto blocking every shot (hasn't happened to me yet but I know this scenario can happen).
  • GoonerSoldier
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nothing will change until all the Default controls are set to at the very least SEMI. Crossing is set to SEMI so why isn't everything else. Like the OP states, the game is setup to cater to as many casual players as possible. This is not an issue as the more players the better. BUT the players who have played Fifa for years are the ones suffering from noobism. See below the default controller settings. EA has to set the standard of online competition to SEMI and have options for new players coming in as well. The skill gap is non existent right now.

Pass Assistance: Assisted
    Through Ball Assistance: Assisted
    Shot Assistance: Assisted
    Cross Assistance: SEMI
    Lob Pass Assistance: Assisted
    Save Assistance: Assisted
  • china2991
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    There is nothing wrong with having assisted controls they just went full overboard with the assistance. FIFA16 was nearly perfectly balanced in terms of passing/throughballs/crossing. Assistance now it to the point where even if you make a directional mistake with a pass it will still find a way to one of your players even if this means having to play a 40 yard blind pass.

ERROR now feel's at random most commonly when you try to make a simple 5 yard pass under no pressure. ERROR before 18 was down to your power/analog direction and ability of your opponent to cut out passing lanes.

Cutting out passing lanes now doesn't work the ball just finds a way, even if it makes the player play an auto dinked pass to get past you.