The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

EA PLEASE cave in to the whiners!!

DicaniosGod
5488 posts Big Money Move
And sort the op AI defending! People who can’t defend manually should be punished!

Comments

• OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Amen brother
  • AjaxLegends
    2890 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes
  • pekkaa88
    6504 posts Big Money Move
    AI will always be part of defending and attacking. Stop moaning about nonsense when you lose and try to actually improve
  • QuinnUK87
    2056 posts Fans' Favourite
    100% agree... The AI needs to be massively toned down. Sick and tired of people running around with their midfielders because they can't defend manually.
  • silverdale10
    1506 posts Play-Off Hero
    I tend to sulk rather than rage when things are going against me and I stop putting any effort in, only pressing a button when the ball ends up at one of my player's feet and it is very noticeable how much my opponent then struggles to create any chances. It is ridiculous, but I really should try and play like that from kick-off instead of waiting to concede a cheese goal that tilts me into cry baby mode.
  • Robmu22
    1418 posts Professional
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    AI will always be part of defending and attacking. Stop moaning about nonsense when you lose and try to actually improve

It will always be in football games to some extent, but can you honestly say it's good the state it's in now... Whereas it's prudent to control a striker and NOT defend???

It definitely, definitely, definitely needs toning down... A lot.
  • DicaniosGod
    edited October 2018

I play the game how it always/should be played, by using myself to control the players on the pitch! If you are so rubbish that you rely on a computer to play for you, you should give up!!

• ICUP
    4229 posts National Call-Up
    Robmu22 wrote: »

It will always be in football games to some extent, but can you honestly say it's good the state it's in now... Whereas it's prudent to control a striker and NOT defend???

It definitely, definitely, definitely needs toning down... A lot.

In regards to interceptions, it shouldn’t be the way it is. AI is reacting super fast to the majority of passes.

Gabriel Jesus is a striker, in my 4-3-1-2 I had him playing CM and he was making loads of interceptions. That shouldn’t be possible
  • Mr. Soper
    2609 posts Fans' Favourite
    AI doesn't make tackles, they do block lanes but if someone is not switching to the defender you can just dribble around them with a simple skill move or give and go.

Everyone just trying to sprint by defenders which does not work this year. Learn to dribble, this fifa pays off of the skilled player
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    Amen brother

• LJC18
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep, the AI should not be able to just automatically read your pass and step around the receiver to intercept the ball. That should be something you have to do yourself
  • bigpokey24
    4863 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    I am not going to lie , yes the AI defending is out of this world. It actually cracks me up..However once you score , they come out.. I doubt EA will do this. It's a very easy fix.... if you go to settings all EA has to do is ensure AI blocks are set to off when playing online....I doubt they would do this. Yall can see this was seriously deliberately left by EA
  • pekkaa88 wrote: »

I play the game how it always/should be played, by using myself to control the players on the pitch! If you are so rubbish that you rely on a computer to play for you, you should give up!!

Does this mean you play on full manual controls?
  • TheHeroOfTime3D
    41 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2018
    EA washed their hands when they put the AI block assist option in the game. If you really want this game to be competitive and have any chance to be considered as a serious Esports game, it has to be 100% manual. The trainer is there to make the transition a lot essier, the weekend league should be locked to Manual controls only.
  • Splayer23
    359 posts An Exciting Prospect
    And tone down the heading.. your gonna tell me hazard can out header marquino ? Gtfo lol
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    3300 posts National Call-Up
    How do i get my ai fullbacks to chase wingers? They never do it.
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional

For every game flaw, people are gonna be the #1 issue.
    Most dont want to play football, they just want to win. Which mean learning the game from YouTube.
    Thats poison...
  • forearms
    5071 posts Big Money Move
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

Most dont want to play football, they just want to win. Which mean learning the game from YouTube.
    Thats poison...

So true. Its the herd mentality.
  • DicaniosGod
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

Thats poison...

Agreed! For every flaw there is always a glitch or cheat to exploit! Why can’t we just play a decent match and enjoy it without all these desperate, try hard exploits!!

• pekkaa88
    edited October 2018

I mostly use my midfielders to cover passing lanes manually, and switch to my defenders when needed to make a tackle..

You probably use one of your defenders to tackle manually and let your midfielders cover passing lanes.

We both control 1 player manually.. None of us rely more or less on AI than the other.
  • BSDShoes
    2979 posts Fans' Favourite

Sure AI is part of defending and attacking, but it shouldn't tackle and shoot without your control.
  • Kallthebosskwik
    81 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2018
    I keep reading these posts about overpowered Ai defending, and that those who can’t defend should be punished. I have no idea how to let the Ai defend for me, I wish I did as it might make my game experience a little better. As I am currently being punished!
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    I'm all for letting it stay but imo it should come at a hefty stamina burn.

Both contain and teammate contain should have a pretty major stamina burn to them so you need to use it a lot more wisely than just hold both down all game.

That to me is the best of both worlds you don't totally handicap players who rely on it but at the same time they have to be more intelligent about when they use it.

• forearms
    I keep reading these posts about overpowered Ai defending, and that those who can’t defend should be punished. I have no idea how to let the Ai defend for me, I wish I did as it might make my game experience a little better. As I am currently being punished!

Hold down X +L2, you'll be fine.
  • pekkaa88
    BSDShoes wrote: »

Sure AI is part of defending and attacking, but it shouldn't tackle and shoot without your control.

AI doesnt actively go for tackles.. It does if you get too close.. if you walk towards AI defender with the ball, the defender will just back away.. If you run, they will make a tackle when you get too close..
  • jimmygesus
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I rarely use my CBs. the only time i switch to them if i really have to, which is rare. they just block / intercept every shot for me.

I love FIFA this year, because I can just put my controller down and watch TV when I'm up ahead and my AI defense will do everything for me.

YEEEY FIFA LOOOOOOOOOL
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    I think AI defending is decent but I don't think it's op, there're ways round it just need to be patient and look for the openings rather than trying to force. You tone down AI defending we're back to 6 7 every game.
  • forearms
    BSDShoes wrote: »

AI doesnt actively go for tackles.. It does if you get too close.. if you walk towards AI defender with the ball, the defender will just back away.. If you run, they will make a tackle when you get too close..

Why should they? Like having your AI player you passed to shoot for you. It shouldn't happen.
  • opasni_
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    If they implement manual defending it would be goal fest.

Ball bounces to attackers too much and you can't take the ball from them many times. Imagine you finally read opponent and make perfect tackle just to ball bounce back to him.

Secondly, playing this many matches in few days and manual defending every one of those matches would be nerve wrecking and it would stray even more from casual gameplay.

• wrabesek
    451 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LoL the ones wanting to remove AIs. Do you realize that there are normaly 11 players in a team? Every one with their own mind. How do you want to controll all of them with 1 controller? Maybe you can make it a turn based strategy?

Also the ones running with CDM without launching CBs are so easy to punish. Noticed it in WL. The AI controled ones dont move that much, they just stick to the position and shadow you sligtly, but you can actualy just run past them you know.