What a sham, re:Penalties

Whoman
5546 posts Big Money Move
E-Sports and you literally can't win a PK shootout because every shot goes above the bar even on minimal power :D

Comments

• Ulook92
    13444 posts Has That Special Something
    mine just always get saved
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    The biggest issue is your opponent can see which way you're aiming. I won a shootout 1-0 yesterday ffs
  • Knowlesdinho
    11220 posts Has That Special Something
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    mine just always get saved

I’ve had 4 penalties against me, resulting in 4 red cards. I’ve saved all 4. Last minute tackles are well worth it imo.
  • Azof
    16789 posts World Class
    not skyed one yet
  • Whoman
    edited October 2018
    Sercs wrote: »
    Whoman wrote: »
    E-Sports and you literally can't win a PK shootout because every shot goes above the bar even on minimal power :D

Just not true is it lol

It is. Seems like it depends either on the player you use or it happens for some and not others. Heck, maybe there even is a workaround i am not aware of. But fact remains i have not hit the goal on a penalty in like the last 10 attempts despite pretty much barely tapping the button.

Yet another reason i prefer rivals, no pointless overtime/shootout.
  • Whoman
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    The biggest issue is your opponent can see which way you're aiming. I won a shootout 1-0 yesterday ffs

That as well, i open a topic about that like every month since 18 came out. **** tragedy.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14233 posts Has That Special Something
    Azof wrote: »
    not skyed one yet

• Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I mean just don’t put much power on it, problem solved
  • RebelRob
    5323 posts Big Money Move
    I find finessing the penalty helps massively.

But on the one penalty I didn’t hold finesse with a bar power it went over with if wby. So yeah, they’re rubbish.
  • WFCBagnall
    71402 posts Moderator
    I've never missed one
  • Ulook92
    13444 posts Has That Special Something

I got told they cant see it.
  • Moiizer
    7078 posts Big Money Move

You can defo see which way they are aiming. I also won a pen shoot out 1-0 yesterday in champs lol
  • Stonebridge
    1148 posts Professional
    Yah Pens are broken beyond belief atm, just a lottery atm
  • Moiizer
    7078 posts Big Money Move
    Thing with pens, i like the fact if you guess the right way you generally save it, i just dont like the tells.
  • Idek
    10606 posts Has That Special Something

You can tell from the way their players head is looking

Depends if they know that is a tell and they then change the direction of their pen mid run up
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    How can they see which way you're aiming? I mean you can change direction last second....
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

The player moves his head when you aim the stick lol, it’s ridiculous. Once you know what to look for you’ll save every pen
  • Dan is Clutch
    25477 posts Player of the Year

The player moves his head when you aim the stick lol, it’s ridiculous. Once you know what to look for you’ll save every pen

It's pretty easy to aim 1 way and then shoot the other way at the last second. :joy:
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

It's pretty easy to aim 1 way and then shoot the other way at the last second. :joy:

Half the time when you do that it doesn’t register the direction change. At least for me. But then I get huge delay problems that most people seem largely unaffected by so idk
  • P1stolpete187
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    I just tap the shoot button while aiming down the middle then aim into a corner just before my player strikers the ball
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well someone e has to win the shootout
  • Primal
    4754 posts National Call-Up
    OP that is not the case. their is a glitch though whereby you can see where their aiming... that needs fixing