FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    halftime: Bayern - Ajax 1-1
  • Wyojasond
    10157 posts Has That Special Something
    halftime: Bayern - Ajax 1-1

    God I wish that was on instead of the ManU/Valencia game. This is BORING.....
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chances on both sides, Bayern slightly more initiative: 1-1 in Munich, very good result for Ajax!
  • Wyojasond
    10157 posts Has That Special Something
    CSKA dropped Real today :o :o :o :o
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    Ajax looked the better side for a lot of today. They are clearly playing with a lot of confidence lately.
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    9Q6Tc1F.jpg

    Fun with all these back stories! Going to bed now (3:43 AM) so I’ll write this and read everything from you lot later. I have read a lot on this forum but I only really browse the CM section. Far more active on Reddit.

    Lyktan is Swedish for “the lantern” and it’s my old nickname. No one knows why I was called that but it started in high school. Or I know why, someone tried to rhyme my name. Safe to say they failed as my name is Victor. Just the stupid thing of him saying “Victor.. Lyktan..?” had everyone laughing and that was that.

    I’m born and raised in Stockholm since 1997, so I recently turned 21. I really have one big interest which is my local team Djurgårdens IF, have them tattooed on my arm and all that.

    I studied media in high school and I’m planning on studying journalism or media of some sort pretty soon. I love editing videos and pictures and that’s why I love Career Mode stories and I spend far too much time on a few pictures sometimes.

    Came home from London two days ago. A year ago I decided I wanted to move there so I did three months ago and started looking for jobs as I got there. Got a job at a jewellery shop and it was calm, but so boring. Standing around doing nothing as we had few customers and most of the people coming in were just having “a little browse” is very boring.

    Got tired of it and missed home so I swallowed my pride and went back home.
    Here I am now!

    See you tomorrow guys! I’m very excited to play more FIFA, loving it this year!
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018
    Cool bananas!

    So we have

    @Lyktan (21) from Sweden, follows Djurgardens IF. Find his story here
    @ASdoZeR (24) from Germany, follows Hertha BSC. Find his story here
    @Stlducks (29) from Iowa, follows Tottenham Hotspur. Find his story here
    @Wyojasond (34) from all over the USA, follows Liverpool. Find his story here
    @Danimal5981 (myself, 38) from NL (currently PL), follows Ajax. Find my story here

    who's next!?

  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice to read your stories guys we really are from all over.

    I'm 24 I live in a place called Droylsden in Manchester I support my local team Droylsden FC we're in the 8th tier of English football not even good enough to be on Fifa :lol: . I've lived here all my life and I'm very proud of where i'm from it has a bad reputation but I've never really had any trouble. I've not really traveled much been to Benidorm for a mate's dad's 50th, my sister got married in Rhodes earlier in the year so spent a couple of weeks out there and also went to New York for her fiance's stag do whilst we were there we went to watch Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz at the Barclays Center. I used to play a lot of Football virtually every day played Sunday's eleven a side and quite a lot of 6 a side I used to be a left back and used to be really fit until I got injured don't play eleven a side anymore have been asked to a few times but not as fit as I once was but I play 6 a side twice a week and I have recently started training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I'm single at the moment and don't have any children don't actually want Children I'm happy with my nephews I can give them back when they start crying :lol: .

    I started on the forums quite a few years ago but had stories that didn't really last that long didn't have the patience to stick it out but last year my story lasted quite a while and I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to my story this year and have a few ideas where I want Fabio to go in his career as manager. I was made redundant from work last Friday I work in sales my last job was selling Pre Paid Funeral Plans (I know a dead end job haha) I've sold Loans in the past I really enjoy the sales atmosphere. Other Sports I like I enjoy Cricket, I love watching the UFC really looking forward to this weekends fight hope Khabib gets the win but think Conor has the power to punish any sloppy mistakes he makes.

    That's my story quite ordinary compared to some of you guys haha.
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice one @JoshDFC - explains the DFC in you username :wink:
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bad start English teams today. Spurs one down, Liverpool one player down (substituted)
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    Ugly half for Spurs. No idea what Lloris was thinking on the first goal, the second goal was just no stopping. Need to calm down and at least get a goal early in the second half to make it a game.
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    So 4 English teams, 1 win: bad day for the Premier League...
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    So 4 English teams, 1 win: bad day for the Premier League...

    I'm fine with that besides Spurs result. I'm not one of those fans that cheers for other teams in the same league. I know some like to see their league do well but it's hard for me to want Liverpool to lose on a weekend then cheer for them during the week.

    I liked Spurs effort today. I'm sure people will point at Eriksen, Dele, Dembele and Vertoghen being out as the reason they lost but I disagree. The loss tonight was due to terrible defending (especially Lloris who I think was rushed back from injury). And Messi is just too good.
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018
    Stlducks wrote: »
    So 4 English teams, 1 win: bad day for the Premier League...

    I'm fine with that besides Spurs result. I'm not one of those fans that cheers for other teams in the same league. I know some like to see their league do well but it's hard for me to want Liverpool to lose on a weekend then cheer for them during the week.

    That might be true, but from a European point of view, the collective country coefficient is important. You and your national rivals collectively gather points, which determines how many clubs can compete internationally. England is being outscored by Spain, Italy and Germany, but also (for instance) Scotland.

    So, where I normally don't give a rat's behind about other Dutch teams, in European games it's in Ajax' interest that others perform as well. The 1-2 loss to Inter in that aspect is bad for the Dutch Eredivisie.
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    Stlducks wrote: »
    So 4 English teams, 1 win: bad day for the Premier League...

    I'm fine with that besides Spurs result. I'm not one of those fans that cheers for other teams in the same league. I know some like to see their league do well but it's hard for me to want Liverpool to lose on a weekend then cheer for them during the week.

    That might be true, but from a European point of view, the collective country coefficient is important. You and your national rivals collectively gather points, which determines how many clubs can compete internationally. England is being outscored by Spain, Italy and Germany, but also (for instance) Scotland.

    So, where I normally don't give a rat's behind about other Dutch teams, in European games it's in Ajax' interest that others perform as well. The 1-2 loss to Inter in that aspect is bad for the Dutch Eredivisie.

    I get that and while it might hurt Premier League, my dislike for these sides so stronger than an extra spot in the CL. 😁But I'm also one of those weird fans that finds league matches more exciting than European matches.

    Maybe it's because I'm "newer" or because I'm a Spurs fan but I rank the league and FA cup more important than European success.. I know, it's weird.
  • Alastair
    9932 posts Moderator
    Man Utd are the best English team in the CL this season. Mourinho In?
  • Wyojasond
    10157 posts Has That Special Something
    So 4 English teams, 1 win: bad day for the Premier League...

    I was in Vegas with my family for a little vacation. Forgot all about the Liverpool game and it looks like it was a good thing :s
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    Forgot all about the Liverpool game and it looks like it was a good thing :s

    I told a friend (also a huge Reds-fan), Liverpool played Napoli three times: twice their former coach (now Chelsea) and yesterday the real thing. You sometimes hit a team or way of playing that you can't cope with. That simple. In fact, I expect them to win against Man City this Sunday and not just because of statistics: last Anfield win for Sky Blue was back in 2003. In fact, in my entire lifespan Man City won only twice at Liverpool (all competitions).
  • dannyboy
    12779 posts Has That Special Something
    Forgot all about the Liverpool game and it looks like it was a good thing :s

    I told a friend (also a huge Reds-fan), Liverpool played Napoli three times: twice their former coach (now Chelsea) and yesterday the real thing. You sometimes hit a team or way of playing that you can't cope with. That simple. In fact, I expect them to win against Man City this Sunday and not just because of statistics: last Anfield win for Sky Blue was back in 2003. In fact, in my entire lifespan Man City won only twice at Liverpool (all competitions).

    Klopp's also won 8 of 14 games against Guardiola.
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    Djeez, I don't know about you guys but my version (PC) is messed up after the most recent update, particularly audio... crowd sounds fall away spontaneously and there's this ticking type of distortion
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Hello! :D B)
    Stlducks wrote: »
    So 4 English teams, 1 win: bad day for the Premier League...

    I'm fine with that besides Spurs result. I'm not one of those fans that cheers for other teams in the same league. I know some like to see their league do well but it's hard for me to want Liverpool to lose on a weekend then cheer for them during the week.

    I liked Spurs effort today. I'm sure people will point at Eriksen, Dele, Dembele and Vertoghen being out as the reason they lost but I disagree. The loss tonight was due to terrible defending (especially Lloris who I think was rushed back from injury). And Messi is just too good.

    Same here. I'm a Barça fan and that's it. I obviously hate Real Madrid with passion, so I'm very happy with their defeat at Moscow. Same for Valencia, what a nasty club. And I don't have any sympathy for Atlético Madrid either.

    Among LaLiga teams, I would only wish European success to Sevilla and Villarreal this season. But if they lose, I won't cry for them either.

    About the Spurs-Barça. It probably was Barcelona's best game this season, after a quite irregular Liga start (and we're leaders!). Barcelona showed a brilliant version... at some moments, I thought the scoreboard should have shown a 0-3 or a 0-4, but I must admire Spurs' attitude. When the result was 2-3, they pushed with heart, which had allowed them to be in the game... however I think the goals of Spurs came from isolated situations and had nothing to do with their football plan.

    For 65-70 minutes, Barcelona played at high level and Messi had a perfect day in every sense. I don't think I'll ever see a player like him, so complete in every sense. When he's at this level, which happens often, he takes us to a different level. Still, I believe all our players played really well. Arthur MUST always play, he perfectly fits in this team, unlike Dembele.
    Stlducks wrote: »

    I get that and while it might hurt Premier League, my dislike for these sides so stronger than an extra spot in the CL. 😁But I'm also one of those weird fans that finds league matches more exciting than European matches.

    Maybe it's because I'm "newer" or because I'm a Spurs fan but I rank the league and FA cup more important than European success.. I know, it's weird.

    Nah nah nah... >:) My "friend" Poch made clear how much he wanted to defeat us, how "perico" (read, I want to go to Real Madrid, which is pretty much the same) he is. As you can guess, nothing against Spurs... but I just can't deal with this guy. :D

    Seriously though... I see this is something usual among English club fans. They rate the Premier League very high. Obviously, I do too. I don't buy the "best league of the World" yet, as I don't think LaLiga is worse at all, because the Spanish clubs are very competitive in Europe, even beyond Barcelona and Real Madrid. Atlético and Sevilla proved it too and clubs like Villarreal and Celta reached the UEL semis in the last couple of seasons.

    I like European football, especially after Winter. LaLiga is a top priority, the regular season, but also the routine. European football is special, the different kind of games. I love watching other football, I love to see Barcelona playing at Wembley, San Siro and the Philips Stadium. Since I'm a kid, these are icon venues and we don't face Spurs, Inter or PSV every year.
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    @subpop trust me, I understand why you would dislike Poch. :) He has always made his feelings towards Barca very clear, that's probably the main reason the rumors of him to Real Madrid are still around as I do not think Poch is good enough yet for a position like that. He has made some very questionable tactical choices, especially in big moments in recent years.

    I do not think the Premier League is the best league. I actually think it is third or even fourth in terms of excitement but I take those games more important and take European games as just fun entertainment.
  • bounceFM
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hello people! Just found this thread!
  • Wyojasond
    10157 posts Has That Special Something
    bounceFM wrote: »
    Hello people! Just found this thread!

    Welcome man! This page isn’t quite as big as it used to be but it’s filled with a great group of guys who put a lot of heart and work into there stories. Look forward to seeing how your story plays out
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    bounceFM wrote: »
    Hello people! Just found this thread!

    Welcome! It's nice to have another Real Madrid fan along with @subpop 😁😂😉
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018
    Hey @bounceFM - tell us a little about yourself.

    So far, among others, we have:

    @Lyktan (21) from Sweden, follows Djurgardens IF. Find his story here
    @ASdoZeR (24) from Germany, follows Hertha BSC. Find his story here
    @JoshDFC (24) from UK, follows Droylsden FC. Find his story here
    @Stlducks (29) from Iowa (US), follows Tottenham Hotspur. Find his story here
    @Wyojasond (34) from all over the USA, follows Liverpool. Find his story here
    @Danimal5981 (myself, 38) from Netherlands, but currently Poland, follows Ajax. Find my story here

    who's next!?

  • Wyojasond
    10157 posts Has That Special Something
    So what do you all think? Mourinhos last game today at United?
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    So what do you all think? Mourinhos last game today at United?

    International break, least worst timing.
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    So what do you all think? Mourinhos last game today at United?

    International break, least worst timing.

    Let me rephrase: most definitely, yes. (0-2 down)
  • dannyboy
    12779 posts Has That Special Something
    Think they'd wait until CL qualification is mathematically impossible, but this is just ridiculous
Sign In or Register to comment.