Icon review & price discussion

Comments

• Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Has anyone used Scholes/Keane/Gerrard/Lampard/Any other icon midfielder

What are your thoughts? I have around 1million for a left CM in a 41212(2) and was thinking to pick one of them up

I used Rijkaard for 30 games, he was a beast regret selling him, he should be around the 800k mark.
  • Lunty
    2476 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played 6 games with prime Gerrard so far, 1 goal 8 assists at CAM, i had his instructions messed up so i had to sub him off at the 60th minute most games

Sorted it now but i’ll give him a proper review after the weekend league

Swap Gerrard and Auba in game of course
  • LahmChops
    1155 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Spillaren wrote: »
    Bought prime Rijkaard yesterday and prime Pires this morning (lost 90k on him already bought at stupid time apparently :D )

Rijkaard is great, I use him as LCM thou as kante is my CDM an reason I bought Pires was he looked like a great icon CAM making it possible to play Auba and Mbappe as striker

Ingame its 41212(2)

Auba-Mbappe
    Pires
    Rijkaaard-Pogba
    Kante

Pires feels good on the ball and have great passing, pace shooting and dribbling so far so good, Rijkaard feels bit wasted as LCM but he does come up with some clutch goals and when I need to defend the lead its good having him sit infront of the defence with Kante

dc67a3eaa4da633a4c224c4c92d4aefb.jpg

nice team
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    Used so far

rijkaard prime
    pires prime
    Klose prime
    Blanc prime

Sold first two to reshape my team, regret selling rijkaard such a great midfielder 9/10.

Pires was very underwhelming, used him as a cam in 41212(2) in game and had very little involvement for me in terms of both goals and assists.

Klose been solid so far, 6 goals and 2 assists in 2 games, but not overwhelmed, will probably swap him with another striker eventually.

Prime Blanc is a beast, great height, work rates and stats, clear so many headers and you really notice him in your defence.
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    Any reviews on icon LM/LW? Looking at the ones 600-700k or less
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    MaltGuitar wrote: »
    Is there anyone who has tried 87 Klose. I want to play with him for the memories, and also he is quite cheap I guess.

@MaltGuitar

Greetings from the dark side (Xbox)

I used him for 5 games before flipping him and i thought he was exceptional. Very good finisher and always seemed to be in position
  • Zv1k0
    5926 posts Big Money Move

What are your thoughts? I have around 1million for a left CM in a 41212(2) and was thinking to pick one of them up

Used 86 Lampard, didn't like him. Prime is a beast. Using him as RCM in 41212(2), CM in 433(3), CCAM in 4231.

He is everywhere on the pitch and still has stamina at the end. Passing and shooting is great and he is always when you want him to be. When shooting is fixed he's gonna be even more deadly from long range but for now it's hard to set him up for that without him doing that side footed shot. Unless it's an intentional finesse which is great. Finishing inside the box is amazing too. Using maestro on him which makes him 93 CM with 99 long shots and shot power. It doesn't matter how good reflexes your keeper has, when you get that perfect powered up shot it will want to go through the net with keeper having no chance.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6374 posts Big Money Move
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

Used 86 Lampard, didn't like him. Prime is a beast. Using him as RCM in 41212(2), CM in 433(3), CCAM in 4231.

He is everywhere on the pitch and still has stamina at the end. Passing and shooting is great and he is always when you want him to be. When shooting is fixed he's gonna be even more deadly from long range but for now it's hard to set him up for that without him doing that side footed shot. Unless it's an intentional finesse which is great. Finishing inside the box is amazing too. Using maestro on him which makes him 93 CM with 99 long shots and shot power. It doesn't matter how good reflexes your keeper has, when you get that perfect powered up shot it will want to go through the net with keeper having no chance.

Nice, think i'll pick his prime up for this WL then :) cheers
  • Movielife
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    What is the best choice for an Icon striker with price limit at 1 million?
  • chasepluto
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    88 best for 1M or 89 ballack for 1.2M??
  • kayron16
    2211 posts Fans' Favourite
    Movielife wrote: »

Currently using prime Van Basten with Anchor chem. Heading is unreal
  • Movielife
    kayron16 wrote: »

Thanks, doesn't the 3* skill bother too much?

His lowest BIN is 180.000 above my max budget at the moment though :disappointed:
  • kayron16
    2211 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018

His lowest BIN is 180.000 above my max budget at the moment though :disappointed:

Skill moves haven't been a problem for him much. Might be because he's flanked by Bale and Henry though. He was going for 1.1 mill yesterday but dropped today. Might go below 1 mill if nobody buys.

Edit: Vieri is a much cheaper option with similiar stats too.
  • Movielife

Skill moves haven't been a problem for him much. Might be because he's flanked by Bale and Henry though. He was going for 1.1 mill yesterday but dropped today. Might go below 1 mill if nobody buys.

Edit: Vieri is a much cheaper option with similiar stats too.

Thanks, he'll be up front with Aubameyang for me. I was looking at 87 Stoichkov and 88 Raul too, but don't know if they might be to 'weak' nest to Aubameyang?
  • Zv1k0
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

Nice, think i'll pick his prime up for this WL then :) cheers

Enjoy. Let me know what you think.
  • xFATAL
    4260 posts National Call-Up
    Really Enjoying 88 Carlos at LM in 352. Only used 10 games but he's scored 2 amazing longshots and he just controls the left side on Defense and Offense. I had the Prime most of last year but He just seems to suit this years game better with longshots being so op.
  • Im using baby-ronaldinho atm and he’s great! Im gonna swap him for the mid-card. After that Im going after baby-ronaldo. Had him in fifa 18 and he was the best player ever :)
  • Alford1995
    3269 posts National Call-Up
    Any rvn reviews or 87 scholes?
  • Retro_G
    29174 posts Player of the Year
    Spillaren wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Heard a few high division players on here rave about Keano, welcome captain fantastic. B)

20181002_133842.png

How is captain fantastic doing @Retro_G ?

He was brilliant, best CDM I've used, but I had to sell him on because my team was too weak in other areas.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gonna buy either Stoichkov or Raul, pretty torn, Stoichkov looks better but have 3* weak foot, can cost me some games, anyone used either, prime version.
  • AEsey
    5997 posts Big Money Move
    guys when do you think the best time to buy an icon is, do you think the price will continue to rise
  • ha032742
    35205 posts Moderator
    AEsey wrote: »
    guys when do you think the best time to buy an icon is, do you think the price will continue to rise

Prices have risen a ton on most of the desirable icons. I paid 1.8m for Gullit and now he’s 3m. The icon market is pretty inflated and if I wanted one of them I’d wait till Black Friday now.
  • AEsey
    5997 posts Big Money Move
    ha032742 wrote: »
    AEsey wrote: »

Prices have risen a ton on most of the desirable icons. I paid 1.8m for Gullit and now he’s 3m. The icon market is pretty inflated and if I wanted one of them I’d wait till Black Friday now.

alright, cheers @ha032742
  • How’s Prime Zola? Potentially the best Icon CF/CAM under 800k?
  • Tubpac
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero
    How’s Prime Zola? Potentially the best Icon CF/CAM under 800k?
    His 87 is class
  • WillFifa
    194 posts Sunday League Hero
    89 Van Bastien , good price for 700k? Looks a bargain
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    lol keep shuffling icons, this is costing me some heavy ea tax and selling with some losses but at the end of the day its fun to try new cards.

Bought prime Stoichkov, he is a different breed to any other card I tried this fifa. Feels lightning fast on the ball, strong, agile and for some reason he can blitz past defenders without being caught up with whilst Aubameyang couldn't do that.

He never misses a chance if you get it on his left foot and his stats are crazy. So much better than Klose was for me, sticking with him as my main striker till I can afford prime R9 or something.
  • Fuego
    484 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone tried Nedved? Not sure if to get the 89 or his 91 prime, doesn't seem to be too much difference
  • Antti
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Prime Laudrup reviews anyone? Thinking of getting him to play him at CAM in 433 (4)
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Considering swapping Kante for prime KEANOOO, know some of u tried him, is he any good? problem is Im not sure if its an upgrade as Kante is pretty decent this fifa