The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

433 false 9 is back

CR7_Chem
539 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited October 2018
Had a lot of fun using my old favourite last night. The wingers actually work on this game. It’s nice for playing tiki taka and keeping the ball and pretty decent on the break to. I’m happy to see classic football formations working in game.

Comments

• kopking89
    913 posts Professional
    Nice, will give it a go

What team you using?
  • CR7_Chem
    kopking89 wrote: »
    Nice, will give it a go

What team you using?

I’m using a 15k Serie A side. All discards lol. Still can’t decide who to invest in...
  • Supermario911
    1245 posts Professional
    Does it work again? can you post your team pls
  • kopking89
    913 posts Professional
    Wow nice, I just packed Dybala so tempted to build around him at cf
  • CR7_Chem
    Does it work again? can you post your team pls

Yeah my teams are both terrible however I might spend some coins soon. Will be using 433 5 for possession and 433 4 and 2 for attacking.

Lots of triangles for attacking.
  • bigpokey24
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    this used to be my go to formation before fifa 17..will try it out
  • dabeags
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    I couldn't make it work, never could figure out the proper instructions/tactics to have my wingers make properly timed runs. I'm back to using a 4-2-2 (2) and switching between it and 4-2-2-2 in game and finding it far easier to create offense with two strikers.
  • Professor
    2211 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've been thinking of running this myself with KDB as a CF due to his great passing
  • MiIan
    12601 posts Has That Special Something
    Wow, actually really excited to try it thid year. Completely forgot about it! Any player instructions and custom tactics you advice?
  • 030NieLSxNL
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm also enjoying the false 9 this year. Depay at CF with Robben and Coman as my two wingers. Cutting inside and crossing works great with this formation.
  • CR7_Chem
    MiIan wrote: »
    Wow, actually really excited to try it thid year. Completely forgot about it! Any player instructions and custom tactics you advice?

Depends entirely on how you play. I just use standard stuff. Stay back on cdm, cut inside get in behind for wingers.
  • Razovar
    1745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is it back for a casual player lol, I use to use this about 4 years ago and never got it to work since them. 433 (original) seems good
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    CR7_Chem wrote: »
    MiIan wrote: »

Depends entirely on how you play. I just use standard stuff. Stay back on cdm, cut inside get in behind for wingers.

Try a few win wingers on balanced. I find it plays a lot better. 433(4) if that matters
  • kingDrogbaaaa
    1380 posts Professional
    Anyone got some attacking custom tactics to get the best out of this? I really like this, but feel like I could attack better
  • EisenErmin
    8286 posts League Winner
    Anyone got some attacking custom tactics to get the best out of this? I really like this, but feel like I could attack better

I am playing with these instructions:

LW+RW: cut in + get in behind
    both CM: free roam
    CDM: stay back
    LB+RB: join the attack

LB+RB that attacking leaves me vulnerable in defense, but my RB IF Meunier is just to good to stay back.
  • bigpokey24
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    i use false 9 as one of my formations to counter the narrow formations on the fly, then switch back and forth..dynamic tactics are very useful in this FIFA
  • Wi1son73
    2583 posts Fans' Favourite
    Soon everyone will be using 433 Which is about 80% so far
  • barryw
    1615 posts Fans' Favourite
    I love it too. 20 games 16 wins 2 ties 2 losses

0_EF55795_85_C4_47_AE_970_E_53_AB2_CD664_B4.jpg
  • EisenErmin
    8286 posts League Winner
    barryw wrote: »

How is firmino at CF? Passing and finishing is great, i know. But can he win headers too? I am playing Lukaku as false 9 at the moment. he is not agile at all, but his strenght and heading are so good. I think i will miss that on firmino
  • madwullie
    6429 posts Big Money Move
    I prefer a small guy at cf. Was using Mertens but now splurged on 91 Hagi. Tend not to cross so heading not important.

Do you all set your F9 as F9 in instructions?
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1319 posts Play-Off Hero
    Loved this formation in fifa 13 with Ronaldinho at CF. Through the years it was difficult to use but i might have try this again!
  • zzachzx
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    I might give it a try soon. Need to find a good player for CF
  • Roobar
    896 posts Semi-Pro
    Trying it out also, what do people think to de bruyne as CF? Or work rates no good?
  • Wujo
    51 posts Park Captain

Mind posting tactics? Do you use posession? How bout instructions for firmino?
  • barryw
    EisenErmin wrote: »

How is firmino at CF? Passing and finishing is great, i know. But can he win headers too? I am playing Lukaku as false 9 at the moment. he is not agile at all, but his strenght and heading are so good. I think i will miss that on firmino

He is perfect for me, bangs in headers also
  • barryw
    edited October 2018
    Wujo wrote: »

Mind posting tactics? Do you use posession? How bout instructions for firmino?

Yes posession on balanced.
    I use only false 9 instruction on him. Works fine for me.
    Wingers stay forward, cut inside, get behind
    Cdm stay back
  • nextqprmanager
    3365 posts National Call-Up
    I must say starting off safe I used 4411 & 4231 wide, but the 433[5] is great for me
    Defence is try to gain possession when lost ball, one notch narrower & deeper
    I kept attack on balanced
    wingers GIB CI
    CDM SBWA & CC
    I did not touch the ST yet
  • Fabibi94
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    How about Neymar as CF? That double 5* looks great for the position, plus good shooting and passing
  • Busterlin
    354 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rock the f9 every year. It’s starting to click for me now!
  • Roobar
    896 posts Semi-Pro
    Anymore success? Trying aguero as CF right now and really he sort of works but feel I could be better off with somebody with more hold up play