►►► Serie A Lounge 2018-19 ◄◄◄

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    15681 posts World Class
    From bad to worse.
    Marmotta could join Inter.
    Only saving grace is that next season Inter could wear diagonal stripes...

If Jose gets sacked and he comes back to Inter, that could be a nice combo for 19/20

Spaghetti won't bring this team any further.

You'd really want Mourinho back? :D

Yeah, I'd take him over anyone. His style of man-management is a bit of an issue with social media footballers and those with horrible egos. Footballers are changing and his method of trying to get a reaction from players doesn't have the same effect it used to but Jose is still a fantastic manager and if he got the backing to sign who he wanted (within FFP obviously) and created a team of players that care about results more than Instagram followers, he would do fantastic.

He would do wonders with players like Icardi, Skriniar, De Vrij and Lautaro.

Don't do the same mistake United did...
    What worked 8 years ago doesn't necessarily work today.

They are a mess though, no director of football and no backing in the last window to get who he wanted. He has been vocal about some players just not caring and he wanted to clean house and rebuild but wasn't given the backing to. Yes, his style doesn't really work anymore, trying to get a reaction from players to get them to "prove" they deserve to be in the team doesn't have the same result because players now just buckle under the pressure or run straight to their agent or to the media to complain.

But, I'd still take Jose in a heartbeat. Inter have a lot of professional players more focused on results and will fight for him, if given the chance to clear out trash and allowed to rebuild the team, he would do great.

He just can't deal with teams with egos like Pogba and Martial that truly believe they are better than they are.

He's spent the guts of 500 million in the last few years at Utd. He got a Right Back and Fred this season plus Matic, Lindolf, Lukaku and Sanchez last season.

From what I've seen it's Mourinho with the ego..that video the other day of Pogba putting his hand out to Mourinho at training and Mourinho refusing to shake it and slabbering at Pogba after the Derby defeat just screamed of a manager thats lost the team.

He's just not suited to Utd, he's to negative.

He did shake Pogba's hand... he then said something and Pogba wasn't pleased with it. Apparently something about an Instagram post during or after the Derby defeat.
    He is a time-bomb, when things don't go his way he will bring the team and squad down. Only way to avoid it is to win, basically. If he doesn't win, he explodes.

From what I seen he pulled his hand away and Pogba looked at his team mates to kinda say did he just do that to his Captain.

He has this reputation as great manager but his first spell at Chelsea was largely Ranieri's team. Madrid I could have managed. His 2nd spell at Chelsea was a disaster.

Porto he won the European Cup but should never have been in the final woth Scholes goal wrongly ruled out.

Inter he won the European Cup fair and square but he dominated a league that was down and out after Calciopoli.

I just think he's been a very lucky manager.

Except he wasn't even captain at the time, a couple of days earlier he got stripped of the "second captaincy".
    He won the league once in his second Chelsea spell, then third-season syndrome took over.
    He's become a bit of a Wenger-type of manager. All he's got these days are his past successes.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5555 posts Big Money Move
    From bad to worse.

If Jose gets sacked and he comes back to Inter, that could be a nice combo for 19/20

Yeah, I'd take him over anyone. His style of man-management is a bit of an issue with social media footballers and those with horrible egos. Footballers are changing and his method of trying to get a reaction from players doesn't have the same effect it used to but Jose is still a fantastic manager and if he got the backing to sign who he wanted (within FFP obviously) and created a team of players that care about results more than Instagram followers, he would do fantastic.

They are a mess though, no director of football and no backing in the last window to get who he wanted. He has been vocal about some players just not caring and he wanted to clean house and rebuild but wasn't given the backing to. Yes, his style doesn't really work anymore, trying to get a reaction from players to get them to "prove" they deserve to be in the team doesn't have the same result because players now just buckle under the pressure or run straight to their agent or to the media to complain.

But, I'd still take Jose in a heartbeat. Inter have a lot of professional players more focused on results and will fight for him, if given the chance to clear out trash and allowed to rebuild the team, he would do great.

He just can't deal with teams with egos like Pogba and Martial that truly believe they are better than they are.

United have never had a director of football anyway. That's not even a "mess" for them, it's normality. :D
    Wouldn't Nainggolan be affected, though, given his exuberant lifestyle?
    Also, let's not forget Icardi can have bouts of egoism as well, just look at his autobiography and the resulting fallout with the fans...
    Just saying, it won't be all plain sailing.

I think Nainggolan and Jose would actually be the perfect combination. Kind of like Maicon and Mourinho. Off the pitch, he's a bit of an idiot but he fights every second of every game when on it. Nainggolan is a Mourinho player.

Icardi is another player that's exactly the same, bit of an idiot off the pitch but gives his all on it, that's all Mourinho wants and I think with the spine Inter have now, he could do wonders with them.

Conte won't happen, Simeone won't happen for at least 2-4 more years, Spaghetti is a terrible man manager and his tactics are better suited to Torino than Inter. There aren't many other good managers that will become available anytime soon except maybe Blanc but he's a fraud outside of France.

You say Spalletti is a "terrible man manager" but you also say Mourinho's "style of man-management is a bit of an issue with social media footballers and those with horrible egos"... implying both aren't exactly ideal with man-management in any case.
    Also, Mourinho's tactics really aren't that much better. He still prefers hoofball to Lukaku or Fellaini these days, plus parking the bus. He hasn't evolved at all.
    And anyway, if Spalletti gets a decent enough CL run and CL qualification again, I doubt he'll get fired.

Both are similar in how they manage players but one does it to keep people in line, the other to force better performances, both take its toll on player morale but Jose has been far more successful with his method to get better results from players.

Spaghetti won't get Inter above 4th and out of the CL groups, his tactics, his style of play, his handling of players, just isn't good enough. Our manager is our biggest weakness right now.
  • I SiR MartY I
    From bad to worse.

He's spent the guts of 500 million in the last few years at Utd. He got a Right Back and Fred this season plus Matic, Lindolf, Lukaku and Sanchez last season.

From what I've seen it's Mourinho with the ego..that video the other day of Pogba putting his hand out to Mourinho at training and Mourinho refusing to shake it and slabbering at Pogba after the Derby defeat just screamed of a manager thats lost the team.

To his defence, when United were losing, Pogba was on live stream laughing with some players, no professional at all which is what Jose called him on.

I understand Pogba doesn't want to be there but sitting laughing while your team mates lose is not good.

Pogba needs to leave, he's not as good as he thinks he is and Milo's toxic influence is only going to get worse.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3629 posts National Call-Up
    From bad to worse.

To his defence, when United were losing, Pogba was on live stream laughing with some players, no professional at all which is what Jose called him on.

I understand Pogba doesn't want to be there but sitting laughing while your team mates lose is not good.

Pogba needs to leave, he's not as good as he thinks he is and Milo's toxic influence is only going to get worse.

I think Mourinho's holding him back with the negative football.
    I also believe Pogba does want to be there but it's the environment he's in at present thats pushing him away.
  • Alemas_2012
    15681 posts World Class
    From bad to worse.

United have never had a director of football anyway. That's not even a "mess" for them, it's normality. :D
    Wouldn't Nainggolan be affected, though, given his exuberant lifestyle?
    Also, let's not forget Icardi can have bouts of egoism as well, just look at his autobiography and the resulting fallout with the fans...
    Just saying, it won't be all plain sailing.

I think Nainggolan and Jose would actually be the perfect combination. Kind of like Maicon and Mourinho. Off the pitch, he's a bit of an idiot but he fights every second of every game when on it. Nainggolan is a Mourinho player.

Icardi is another player that's exactly the same, bit of an idiot off the pitch but gives his all on it, that's all Mourinho wants and I think with the spine Inter have now, he could do wonders with them.

Conte won't happen, Simeone won't happen for at least 2-4 more years, Spaghetti is a terrible man manager and his tactics are better suited to Torino than Inter. There aren't many other good managers that will become available anytime soon except maybe Blanc but he's a fraud outside of France.

You say Spalletti is a "terrible man manager" but you also say Mourinho's "style of man-management is a bit of an issue with social media footballers and those with horrible egos"... implying both aren't exactly ideal with man-management in any case.
    Also, Mourinho's tactics really aren't that much better. He still prefers hoofball to Lukaku or Fellaini these days, plus parking the bus. He hasn't evolved at all.
    And anyway, if Spalletti gets a decent enough CL run and CL qualification again, I doubt he'll get fired.

Both are similar in how they manage players but one does it to keep people in line, the other to force better performances, both take its toll on player morale but Jose has been far more successful with his method to get better results from players.

Spaghetti won't get Inter above 4th and out of the CL groups, his tactics, his style of play, his handling of players, just isn't good enough. Our manager is our biggest weakness right now.

On the subject of managers...
    ...Wenger's still available.
    :mrgreen:
  • HBK1925
    1904 posts Fans' Favourite
    So I hear that Kean could be a thing today. From an article at One Football.
  • HBK1925
    Dybala brace woo
  • Alemas_2012
    15681 posts World Class
    edited October 2018
    Only against teams like Young Boys do Bonucci's forward punts work...
  • HBK1925
    Idk why they didnt play Kean and Perin. Like might as well.
  • Can't wait to **** up united.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Dzeko baby
  • AlexSolm
    8215 posts League Winner
    edited October 2018
    If things don't go well with Spalletti Inter could really benefit from Mourinho's media handling skills and his "us against the world" mentality in this current era where nobody from the management is publicly defending the club. The dream is still Simeone though.
    Post edited by AlexSolm on
  • Alemas_2012
    15681 posts World Class
    Dear God...
    Agnelli wanting ex-Inter president Moratti as FIGC president?
    Marmotta going to Inter?
    Why do we keep dealing with the devil here?!
  • Alemas_2012
    15681 posts World Class
    edited October 2018
    ...so Grandayy's a Milan fan (or at least used to be)... and he's from Malta.
    ...Kurt vs Grandayy, anyone?
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3629 posts National Call-Up
    Genuinely thought we would have gotten an IF Piatek alongside Suso.. if anyone deserves an IF it's Piatek.
  • L_immortale
    3077 posts National Call-Up
    DoiN8q3WwAAlz0Z.jpg
  • Alemas_2012
    15681 posts World Class
    All Italian teams in the CL won this week.
    Not bad.
  • LoboNobo
    6419 posts Big Money Move
    Ok I need a FUT answer.
    Best Serie A GK apart from Handanovic?
  • Raider
    3739 posts National Call-Up

omg finally somebody said this about spall so im not on my own <3
  • Alemas_2012
    15681 posts World Class
    Raider wrote: »

Just about every Inter fan here dislikes Spalletti...
  • I SiR MartY I

At first, I thought he needed some time to kick the crossing habit, a bad habit drilled in from De Boer and Pioli but its been over a year and Inter's plan A is still to cross the ball, that means its his tactics and his coaching that is making Inter play this way. A style that doesn't take advantage of Icardi's strengths and costs possession a few dozen times each game. Its not effective at all.

Pushing Karamoah out for Candreva, taking off Icardi for Santon against Juve, playing Keita up front and still playing a crossing style, plenty of examples of his horrible decision making. What he did with Inter last season and getting them to 4th is the best he'll do with the team and this probably the best Inter team in 8 years so its unfortunately going to be wasted with Spaghetti.
  • LoboNobo

At first, I thought he needed some time to kick the crossing habit, a bad habit drilled in from De Boer and Pioli but its been over a year and Inter's plan A is still to cross the ball, that means its his tactics and his coaching that is making Inter play this way. A style that doesn't take advantage of Icardi's strengths and costs possession a few dozen times each game. Its not effective at all.

Pushing Karamoah out for Candreva, taking off Icardi for Santon against Juve, playing Keita up front and still playing a crossing style, plenty of examples of his horrible decision making. What he did with Inter last season and getting them to 4th is the best he'll do with the team and this probably the best Inter team in 8 years so its unfortunately going to be wasted with Spaghetti.

So what exactly are Icardi''s strength? For me he's one of the greatest poachers and finishers in the league, so crosses should be a viable tactic. Especially since most of the teams will park the bus against you. As a top team, should be able to capitalise on this tactic - Juventus managed to do so with Higuain.
    Having said that, I don't mean just random crosses. I'm talking about crosses aimed towards Icardi, like against Milan previous season.
  • Alemas_2012
    15681 posts World Class
    LoboNobo wrote: »

So what exactly are Icardi''s strength? For me he's one of the greatest poachers and finishers in the league, so crosses should be a viable tactic. Especially since most of the teams will park the bus against you. As a top team, should be able to capitalise on this tactic - Juventus managed to do so with Higuain.
    Having said that, I don't mean just random crosses. I'm talking about crosses aimed towards Icardi, like against Milan previous season.

Indeed, especially when you consider that Icardi has more heading accuracy than Ronaldo, and is below only the Portuguese in jumping.
    Crossing should be a very viable tactic.
  • I SiR MartY I

Like you said, poaching, finishing, Icardi finds space like no other and puts the ball away when its at his feet. His heading ability is just ok, its nothing compared to how good he is with the ball at his feet. He can play on the last man, he can link play up, he can even keep defenders occupied and take himself out of the game to make space for others but when he does find that yard of space, he needs the ball at his feet to put it away. I'd argue nobody in the league, maybe even in world football right now is as good a finisher as he is with the ball at his feet but Inter continue to fire it at his head and considering he's 5,11, most defenders already tower over him.

Inter need a proper number 10, Rafinha or a Sneijder type player, one capable of giving him the service he needs to score. Crosses can work when teams sit in and you need to put pressure on them and fire balls into the box, but as a plan A, they just don't work.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner

Indeed, especially when you consider that Icardi has more heading accuracy than Ronaldo, and is below only the Portuguese in jumping.

• Alemas_2012
    15681 posts World Class
    Rick wrote: »

That was the sort of reaction I was expecting. :wink:
  • Joe
    4585 posts National Call-Up
    Ah, crossing here and there is okay. Crossing on every single attack is not. It's predictable and outdated tactics, it's why we struggle to break down defenses even these of the likes of Parma. Teams adapt to it and often mark Icardi out of the game.

Now we're doing long throws aswell, full Iceland mode ON.
  • LoboNobo

Like you said, poaching, finishing, Icardi finds space like no other and puts the ball away when its at his feet. His heading ability is just ok, its nothing compared to how good he is with the ball at his feet. He can play on the last man, he can link play up, he can even keep defenders occupied and take himself out of the game to make space for others but when he does find that yard of space, he needs the ball at his feet to put it away. I'd argue nobody in the league, maybe even in world football right now is as good a finisher as he is with the ball at his feet but Inter continue to fire it at his head and considering he's 5,11, most defenders already tower over him.

Inter need a proper number 10, Rafinha or a Sneijder type player, one capable of giving him the service he needs to score. Crosses can work when teams sit in and you need to put pressure on them and fire balls into the box, but as a plan A, they just don't work.

Crossing to Icardi is good, but rather to his feet. Spamming crosses against teams that sit deep might also help as Icardi can just find himself in the right time in the right place.
    I'd argue that Aguero's finishing is second to none while Lewandowski is the best in the world when it comes to scoring out of nowhere. But yeah, Icardi is up there.
  • I SiR MartY I

Crossing to Icardi is good, but rather to his feet. Spamming crosses against teams that sit deep might also help as Icardi can just find himself in the right time in the right place.
    I'd argue that Aguero's finishing is second to none while Lewandowski is the best in the world when it comes to scoring out of nowhere. But yeah, Icardi is up there.

I'm biased but Icardi for me is better than both, far more consistent with worse service.

And crossing low is a good tactic but that requires people that can cross. Perisic, Candreva and Politano can't do that, so they just fire it high in the air.

I still say Icardi with a player like Sneijder would be be the best combo, Icardi would hit 30/40 goals easily with that type of service.
  • LoboNobo

I'm biased but Icardi for me is better than both, far more consistent with worse service.

And crossing low is a good tactic but that requires people that can cross. Perisic, Candreva and Politano can't do that, so they just fire it high in the air.

I still say Icardi with a player like Sneijder would be be the best combo, Icardi would hit 30/40 goals easily with that type of service.

Obviously I don't watch Inter week and week out, but I always thought Perisic is exactly the type of player who will create space for himself near the touchline in order to provide a good ball to the box. I don't really like him but I have to admit he's a great player. Or at least he used to be about 2 years ago.
This discussion has been closed.