Forced finesse shots?

MrGomez777
58 posts Park Captain
edited September 2018
Hey,

do you guys have the same problem that your players just use finesse shots almost everytime you shoot using only B button? For me it happens about 7 of 10 times, I wanna get a strong shot and the player just forces a finesse shot even tho Im not using RB. That's ridiculous. Even when I was trying volleys holding LT button players were using finesse shot most of the time.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I cannot use low driven shots, in Demo it was working normal, in full game when I use LB+RB+ Circle buttons combo, the player always goes for chip.

Comments

  • EA know about the finesse issue.....should be fixed by fifa 20
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional
    MrGomez777 wrote: »
    Hey,

    do you guys have the same problem that your players just use finesse shots almost everytime you shoot using only B button? For me it happens about 7 of 10 times, I wanna get a strong shot and the player just forces a finesse shot even tho Im not using RB. That's ridiculous. Even when I was trying volleys holding LT button players were using finesse shot most of the time.

    EDIT: I forgot to mention, I cannot use low driven shots, in Demo it was working normal, in full game when I use LB+RB+ Circle buttons combo, the player always goes for chip.

    A lot have that same problem, me included. LB+RB doesn't work as it should in the full game.
  • Man0nf1r3
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I thought this was just based on how im shooting prehaps off balance, has this been confirmed as an issue with the game or am I just bad at shooting? Lol
  • MrGomez777
    58 posts Park Captain

    A lot have that same problem, me included. LB+RB doesn't work as it should in the full game.

    I see, so it's not a problem on my side. With the number of games played increasing, I see my opponents having save issue with those finesse shots, and like nobody even tries low driven shots...

    @Man0nf1r3 no its not about bad shooting. Just try it in skill games, position yourself the same 10 times and you will see :)
  • Eddie
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Is this why so many of the goals are similar? Finesse into the far corner above waste-height?

    Been watching a lot of gameplay on YouTube and hardly any goals are scored on the floor. Shots from around the edge of the box seem very OP too.
  • SPACIALIST09
    1002 posts Professional
    MrGomez777 wrote: »
    Hey,

    do you guys have the same problem that your players just use finesse shots almost everytime you shoot using only B button? For me it happens about 7 of 10 times, I wanna get a strong shot and the player just forces a finesse shot even tho Im not using RB. That's ridiculous. Even when I was trying volleys holding LT button players were using finesse shot most of the time.

    EDIT: I forgot to mention, I cannot use low driven shots, in Demo it was working normal, in full game when I use LB+RB+ Circle buttons combo, the player always goes for chip.


    I had same problem until I realized that the ball was too close to my foot when shooting. To get a real powerful shot you need to be moving towards the goal pref sprinting.You need to push the ball away before powering up. If i need to get a quick shot ill go near post and finesse it. Also your angle needs to usually be slightly cocked to your strong foot with the ball on that side too. Facing up to the goal doesnt work as well this year
  • Korthan
    2508 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is there still a finesse shot sweet spot on the middle edge of the penalty box like there was in 18?

    I saw someone score 8 goals in one match doing that in Pro Clubs.
  • MrGomez777
    58 posts Park Captain
    Korthan wrote: »
    Is there still a finesse shot sweet spot on the middle edge of the penalty box like there was in 18?

    I saw someone score 8 goals in one match doing that in Pro Clubs.

    Didn't fine one yet. GKs seem to catch all my finesse shots from outside or edge of the box into gloves no problem.
  • smnox
    99 posts Park Captain
    Last year everyone shoots low driven. This year everyone shoots finesse. Hopeless assisted controls.
  • MrGomez777
    58 posts Park Captain
    I found out low drivens work, but you have to hold down L1+R1/LB+RB longer before shooting.
  • Eddie
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    MrGomez777 wrote: »
    I found out low drivens work, but you have to hold down L1+R1/LB+RB longer before shooting.

    This is far too much just to take a low shot. 3 buttons simultaneously PLUS direction.
  • MrGomez777
    58 posts Park Captain
    Eddie wrote: »
    MrGomez777 wrote: »
    I found out low drivens work, but you have to hold down L1+R1/LB+RB longer before shooting.

    This is far too much just to take a low shot. 3 buttons simultaneously PLUS direction.

    Well yeah, but at least people don't abuse it everytime they are in the box. It was stupidly OP and annoying in fifa 18
  • Im having a similar issue. My problem is that players are almost always trying overhead kicks or bicycle kicks rather than headers when the ball is in the air, especially from corners.
    It used to be an achievement to score an overhead kick. I've scored 7 in the trial and full release...probably one every 2 games on average. Its just not realistic.
  • trunk
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Same for me! Honestly i hate new controls, super cancel not working, low shot is on three button.
  • NoWayJose
    42 posts Park Captain
    Noticed this bug. So annoying when you want a powerful shot and your player goes out of his way to hit it with the inside of his foot. Also, I've scored more overheads in this game so far than I did in the whole of last year.
  • The shooting is broken in this game! Having to press 3 buttons to do a low driven shot a an absolute joke! Bring back the double tap!
  • trunk
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The shooting is broken in this game! Having to press 3 buttons to do a low driven shot a an absolute joke! Bring back the double tap!

    +1
  • Nylonbag219
    75 posts Park Captain
    No lie, it's really annoying. I was able to counter this problem by increasing the both the player/cpu shot speed to 60 and reduced the shot error to 40. But come on EA, if I want a shot, lemme get a shot!!
  • NoWayJose
    42 posts Park Captain
    any update on this? Are EA aware of it? It's becoming really annoying now.
  • V10Unit
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This needs to be fixed ASAP
  • MrGomez777
    58 posts Park Captain
    The thing with finesse shots should be fixed now after an update released just moment ago.
Sign In or Register to comment.