FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Wow Sturridge.

What a game. My wife yelled at me for yelling about that goal, but god it was special 😍😍😍
  • Stlducks
    1279 posts Professional
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Wow Sturridge.

What a game. My wife yelled at me for yelling about that goal, but god it was special 😍😍😍

Haha it's worth it!
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Problem with bugs is that the fixes only fix new Career Modes, not pre-existing saves
  • Alastair
    9631 posts Moderator
    Chris wrote: »
    Problem with bugs is that the fixes only fix new Career Modes, not pre-existing saves

Depends on the bug, some of them fix in a save and some don’t. It’s not really a reason not to report it.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Alastair wrote: »
    Wonder how much Barca paid someone to come up with their new badge...

I'm truly alarmed and angry about this. Hopefully, we can revert the situation at the Assambly.

Alastair wrote: »
    Wonder who comes in. I guess either Zidane long term or someone till the summer (Wenger is the only one I can think of who is free and would be happy to be temporary).

There are good managers in general and good managers for a certain club. In the first cathegory, I would place Guardiola or Klopp. However, Zidane is perfect for Real Madrid as he knows the club and the locker room... but I have serious doubts about his abilities as manager (even if it sounds stupid after 3 UCLs and 1 Liga).

Similarly, Luis Enrique suited Barcelona, but I'm not sure about what he can do somewhere else.

I believe that, at this point, Man United need someone who knows the "house" well. I don't know if any past player with prestige in the locker room is ready for the challenge. I don't think the team need a top manager in this eventual situation, but someone who's able to manage the locker room.

In the long term, we'll see... for now, Man United need peace and someone who's respected by everyone, even if it's a manager without much experience, as @Danimal5981 suggested.

Mourinho lost his head long ago... I'm not surprised about this.
  • Danimal5981
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    I had this idea that I wanted to add a face and a voice to our nicknames & posts on the CM part of the forum, to make it a little more personal and to get a back-story out.

I hope you'll enjoy this 25 minute ramble about me, about the football teams I like and about FIFA 19. Maybe others will pick it up and do the same; it would be nice get to know a couple of you.

Give a shout when your favorite team is mentioned!

So to have a quick overview (so you can follow the timeline)
    from birth to 2000 Netherlands,
    2000-01 Rome, Italy,
    2001-02 Barcelona, Spain
    2002-04 San Rafael / San Francisco, CA
    2004-05 London, UK
    2005-06 Berlin, Germany
    2006 Budapest, Hungary
    2006- now Krakow, Poland.

If enough people pick up on it, maybe it would deserve a separate thread, but that's maybe for later. Cheers!

Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    I had this idea that I wanted to add a face and a voice to our nicknames & posts on the CM part of the forum, to make it a little more personal and to get a back-story out.

I hope you'll enjoy this 25 minute ramble about me, about the football teams I like and about FIFA 19. Maybe others will pick it up and do the same; it would be nice get to know a couple of you.

Give a shout when your favorite team is mentioned!

So to have a quick overview (so you can follow the timeline)
    from birth to 2000 Netherlands,
    2000-01 Rome, Italy,
    2001-02 Barcelona, Spain
    2002-04 San Rafael / San Francisco, CA
    2004-05 London, UK
    2005-06 Berlin, Germany
    2006 Budapest, Hungary
    2006- now Krakow, Poland.

If enough people pick up on it, maybe it would deserve a separate thread, but that's maybe for later. Cheers!

@Danimal5981 this is actually a pretty cool idea. I don’t know why, but I had you envisioned as more of a suit and tie type guy if that makes sense. I know you’ve mentioned your music before but guess I never really pictured you as the the long haired “rocker” type I guess :D So that was cool to see. Not sure if I’ll be able to put a video together anytime soon but I will try to do a write up.

Certainly haven’t been around as much as you, never left the states in fact but I like this idea. We do have a very solid group of guys here I feel like and it would be interesting to see how all of our lives kind of brought us here.
  • Danimal5981
    @Danimal5981 this is actually a pretty cool idea. I don’t know why, but I had you envisioned as more of a suit and tie type guy if that makes sense. I know you’ve mentioned your music before but guess I never really pictured you as the the long haired “rocker” type I guess :D So that was cool to see. Not sure if I’ll be able to put a video together anytime soon but I will try to do a write up.

Certainly haven’t been around as much as you, never left the states in fact but I like this idea. We do have a very solid group of guys here I feel like and it would be interesting to see how all of our lives kind of brought us here.

Yeah, it's something that I could've added (looks, music etc) but I wanted to keep it related to FIFA and Football and these spontaneous 25 minutes are long enough as they are. But thanks for the nice reply, aprreciated!
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    So I wanted to follow @Danimal5981 lead and share a bit about myself. We do have a great group of guys here spread out all over the world, so I highly encourage regulars like @Ashy, @Alastair, @Stlducks, @subpop, @JoshDFC, @ASdoZeR and anyone else I missed to join in on the fun. I am going to take the easy way out and do a write up instead of a video :D

So a little about me. Born in a small town in Nebraska here in the good ol’ USA. Grew up in Wyoming and spent a good portion of my 20’s there as well. I’ve been living in a small town in Arizona for the last 6 almost 7 years now. I’m 34 and happily married for 6 years now. Have two kiddos. My boy is 5 and my little girl is 3.

Guess the easiest spot to start with is after I turned 18. I was living in Wyoming and dropped out of college 6 months into it and helped start my first business with a few guys I worked with at a tent and awning company. We ditched the tents and focused primarily on the huge commercial signs and awnings. We were a small company but it was fun. I was huge sports fan all through my life, but I can say with total honesty at this point in my life I thought of soccer as such a useless sport. Instead of waiting for new releases of fifa I was spending hours upon hours playing NCAA football on my PlayStation and then Xbox.

Shortly after I turned 22 I was presented with a job opportunity in the oilfield. It was an electrical technician. I had no clue how to do anything but they took a chance on me and I took to the job like a fish to water. Within 3 months I was leading my own crew. We were building new rigs every single month. Looking back at that time it’s crazy to think how fast we were building these giant drilling rigs. We built 9 in nine months. After the last one was built a handful of us were kept on to be electrians in the field. I went from installing to needing to know how to fix highly sophisticated systems very fast. I had that job for the 6-7 years and the amount of money I was making was ridiculous. I would work for two weeks on the road and then get a week off. My week off was spent partying like a wild and crazy bachelor. Dropping $300-$500 a night at the bar was a very common occurrence for me. I also got to know a lot of different women ...ALOT :D during this time I did pick up the occasional fifa. Mostly the World Cup additions. Me and my friends had fun playing the game at times but we couldn’t for the life of us figure out why we kept getting called offsides :D

As I approached my late twenties I was working all over the US on oil rigs. I spent time in Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Louisiana, Montana and North Dakota. I took a big risk and left the company I started with to move to a new one. The money was even better and I wasn’t supposed to travel as much. The switch started out a bit rough but I grew into the job, then one night everything changed. I was called out to a rig in North Dakota in the middle of the night. It was about a 14hr drive and I had spent the previous 3 days with barely any sleep. I got to the rig and found a problem that no one could figure out. I spent another 3 days with barely any sleep. I thought I had finally discovered the problem on the third day and was working hard to get the issue resolved. In my weariness I went to work in a live cabinet. To give you some context, these rigs had HUGE power rooms. Think of it like a giant breaker box that’s comparable to giant walk in closets. I was removing a control unit I had locked out but unfortunately the bar above was still hot. My ratchet wrench slipped and I was hit with over 1000 volts DC. I went temporarily blind and had huge burns all down my arms. Luckily it blew out my elbow because if it had gone further and hit my heart I’d be dead today. I spent the next 6-9 months recovering and made the decision to retire from the oilfield. The one good thing to come from this whole situation was that it made me realize that the girl I was seeing at the time was someone I truly cared about. That woman is now my wife.

We moved to Arizona a few months after I retired and we got married a few months after that. Got pregnant a few months after that and that’s when we made the decision to have me be a stay at home dad. My wife is a pharmacist so she makes crazy good money and I have started up an in home business selling clothes that has really taken off. So much so that we were able to take the extra money I made and pay off her student loans 3-4 years earlier than we had planned. I got hooked on Fifa shortly after the 14 World Cup and joined the forums the year after I think. This CMS section has been a big reason I play the game as much as I do. My first story started out very rough but I think I made some huge improvements along the way. That first story went almost 15 seasons and while I’ve had a few good ones since then that will always be my favorite. I’m really enjoying Fifa 19 so far. I’m currently on Xbox one. The game engine and passing seems much improved and the 50/50 balls has been a nice addition.

Well I hope you all enjoyed this little short story I wrote and look forward to seeing your videos or write ups as well B) B) B)

VCJ2jlz.jpg
  • Alastair
    9631 posts Moderator
    Nice idea @Danimal5981.

Some interesting stuff reading both of yours. You've definitely had an eventful life @Wyojasond . Your story was truly shocking to read (sorry for the pun). Glad to see you've recovered. :)

I'll do a write up sometime later in the week. :+1:
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    Wow @wyojasond speaking of stereotypes: I thought your name was Jason D Wyo and thought you were of Asian decent. But the Wyo stands for Wyoming... see, that's the beauty of when you get to explain yourself.

A truly remarkable story. At the beginning it sounded a lot like George W Bush (the oil and the wild life) in his younger years. All jokes aside, I find it truly wonderful to see you hitting a life high and life low almost simultaneously. And you have wonderful children: mine are 11 (Anna) and 4 (Mila) - two girls, a house full of estrogen :)
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    What a great idea!!!!

I truly enjoyed @Danimal5981 and @Wyojasond posts... you guys definitely have amazing stories to share with all of us. I truly envy @Danimal5981 's trips in life... Whenever I had the chance to live for a while in a certain place, I truly grew up a lot. The fact of being able to spend time in all those countries, to live all these experiences, it's something extraordinary and it's evident you didn't just stayed there, you were able to take the soul of every place you lived in.

I guess I wasn't surprised about the image, as it's in your avatar, but also in some videos you posted in the past. What I didn't really know was the connection with music (a drummer!!!). Personally, I am great music fan, mainly rock music fan... but as I'm getting older I have been able to cross certain borders in that sense. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that my biggest frustration in life has been not to play an instrument. Whenever I've tried, I lacked patience... and now I just don't have enough time for it or the time I have I prefer to spend it in other interests. However, the frustration is there.

@Wyojasond . In this case, I couldn't even figure out how your life was... but being honest, it was difficult to guess, as you also had a very interesting life. You definitely worked hard, had fun when you had the chance to do it, you watched the light at the other side of the tunnel to go back and have a happy family life. I enjoyed the reading.

I'll try to find the time during the week to tell you my story, which is quite conventional compared with yours!

Thank you guys, truly appreciated! I really enjoyed watching and reading what you shared with us. :)
  • Danimal5981
    subpop wrote: »
    Personally, I am great music fan, mainly rock music fan... but as I'm getting older I have been able to cross certain borders in that sense. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that my biggest frustration in life has been not to play an instrument. Whenever I've tried, I lacked patience...

Well, I did acting, which turned to voice-acting, which turned to singing. Drums happened for the same reason you described @subpop - I just didn't have the fingers for a melodic instrument and neither the patience to learn it. So I primarily sing, I simultaneously drum, I can play basic tunes on the bass and play the flute. I can find notes on a keyboard, but I can't really play.

If you like rock, find Thunderation band on social media (there are lyric-vids on YouTube and Facebook) or music streaming services; you'll hear how I sing and play nowadays. I suppose a lot of you will hear Metallica in there somewhere; that's what most people say at least.

• Stlducks
    1279 posts Professional
    Great idea @Danimal5981, I'm jealous of your traveling and experiences getting to live in so many places and see so many great football clubs. Your knowledge of clubs and "history lessons" you provide make your stories very enjoyable.

@Wyojasond very interesting write up. You also answered a very important question I've had the past two years, what went wrong in your life that you became a Red?? 😂 Oil rigs are very difficult jobs, my brother worked on one in Louisiana for years and I do not envy the work. My story(which I will write soon, is much like yours when it comes to becoming a football/soccer fan.)
  • Stlducks
    1279 posts Professional
    My life seems pretty boring compared to others on here. 😒 I'm 29 years old, born in Iowa and have only lived in Iowa. I grew up in a bigger city until the age of 13 when we moved to a tiny town called Bellevue. I started dating my wife when I was 14 and we got married after college. Just had our 5th anniversary at the end of September. I have two kids, a 2 year old girl (Anna) and 4 month son (Jack).

I went to college for business management and started working soon after. While in college, I lived in a "college house" that included my wife (girlfriend at the time), her brother and 4 other friends from high school. We spent every night hanging out watching sports or playing video games. Drunk Mario Kart was a favorite.

I work a typical desk job for John Deere. No complaints as it's a good job with great coworkers. The boss also let's me watch games on my phone at my desk so I don't miss any weekday matches.

I never met anyone that actually watched soccer until 2014 when a coworker introduced me to it. I was hooked instantly as it is completely different then the other sports I follow, baseball and American football. I started watching every match, every documentary and YouTube video I could find on the game and on clubs.

I started following Tottenham more closely because my favorite athlete, Steve Nash, is a huge fan. But then the club grew on me, they were going through changes and rebuilding (Pochs first year) so it was a great starting point to support them.

I used to go on Reddit and OS to talk about matches since I only know one person offline to talk to about games. But then I found this place last year and have really enjoyed it.
  • Danimal5981
    Alright!

So we have

@Stlducks (29) from Iowa, follows Tottenham Hotspur
    @Wyojasond (34) from all over the USA, follows Liverpool
    @Danimal5981 (myself, 38) from NL (currently PL), follows Ajax

who's next!?
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    It's definitely an interesting idea and great to get to see some faces behind the usernames.
    Damn you all got some stories to tell. I'm probably one of the youngest ones then in this section...but I will do a short write up shortly.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    DfAkmDb.png Picture is 2years old I think...

Yeah where to start?... As everybody knows I'm from Germany. I just turned 24 and live in Brandenburg, 80km away from Berlin and 50km away from the polish border. I'm currently studying business informatics and I'm writing my master thesis at the moment. So these are hopefully my last months in university, while I try to finish it all towards the end of the year or January and then go into full time working. I was born in this area and went to school here so I've never really lived somewhere else and got to see so many great things like you @Danimal5981. But will see where it takes me after my studies.

So yeah I was born in this area, went to school and have been studying here for nearly 6.5 years now. I've been a football fan since I was young. I joined my first and last club being 6 years old. Back then I supported whoever was at the top of the table in real life. I started my career as a centre back but once sice mattered (I'm only 1.76m) I switched to become a box to box midfielder. I captained my team for about 3 years and we had a succesful time. Unfortunately at the age of 16 I got a knee injury which led to avoid doing any sports for about a year. After that year I was told it would be the best to stop playing football regularly. It was a shock. So I still enjoy playing football but just occasional with friends. Back then I switched to play some table tennis, squash and stuff like that to keep me active.
    Being around 15 I also found my true love. Hertha BSC Berlin. My father took me to the stadium once back then, even though he doesn't like football at all. Since then I'm a big Hertha supporter and go to the stadium as often as possible as Berlin is just an hour drive by train away with a lot of my friends living in Berlin.
    While doing my degree (Abitur) I fell into gaming. I played a looooot. Played through the nights and got addicted. I nearly threw away my Abitur. Back then it was GTA, CoD and just gaming. Once I finally got over it I stopped gaming for a bit and once I went to university I got myself an XboX 360 and started to play occasionally again. Since then I'm playing all type of sports games. Fifa has always been a big part. Nowadays I'm also playing quite a lot Fortnite...so yeah not proud of it but can't change it :D I'm on PS4 now.

What else do I do in my free time? I love traveling. I really do but have never been able to travel as much as possible. Since I'm 7y I do skiing and have been in Austria for skiing with my parents every single year. Some day I switched to Snowboarding and now I'm able to do both but haven't really time/money to do so every year. I also travelled to many countries and cities in europe. I've seen quite a lot already in europe and have been in the US for about a 2 week vacation some years ago (Las Vegas, SF and LA). I loved the west coast..
    About one year ago I then moved to Newport in Wales and started an internship abroad for my studies. This was the time I got onto this forum and stayed. I lived in Wales for about 6 months and it was a great time. I really enjoyed the atmosphere over there, experiencing all the different habits compared to Germany and also so many nice places I got to visit. It was a great experience. Since then I'm still working for my host company over there as a part time job from Germany. So we found an opportunity for doing home office. Also over there I discovered Newport County and since then I've got a weak spot for them.

Football is and has always been my #1 sport. It's by far the biggest sport over here in Germany. Nowadays I also enjoy American Football a lot. I got into it some years ago by watching the Superbowl with friends. I did so for some years and after I got to know all the rules etc I was able to enjoy it completely and started watching the playoffs and now as much games as possible. I'm a big Falcons fan but do enjoy watching the game in general. So it has become a big part as well. My weekends are packed to say :D Besides these sports and gaming I love to hang out with friends.

I'm not married and single atm. I don't have any kids and do concentrate on my studies before starting anything new...ok I lied. I do have a kid.
    Everybody: Meet Eddy! 9hZpIwT.jpg
    Meanwhile Eddy is nearly 5 months old and I try to get home to him as much as possible. So he's the #1 right before football and sports :p

But that's all from my side. In the end the text became longer than I thought but yeah I just leave it like that. Of course, if anybody got a question feel free to ask. If not, over and out B)
  • Danimal5981
    Alright!

So we have

@Stlducks (29) from Iowa, follows Tottenham Hotspur
    @Wyojasond (34) from all over the USA, follows Liverpool
    @Danimal5981 (myself, 38) from NL (currently PL), follows Ajax
    @ASdoZeR (24) from Germany, follows Hertha BSC

who's next!?

• Stlducks
    1279 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    @ASdoZeR Eddie looks like a lovely dog. Good luck finishing your studies, I'm sure you already know how stressful the end becomes but it feels amazing to finish.

Onto current games for a moment, the Barca and Spurs match tomorrow just took another big blow from a Spurs view. Vertoghen has been ruled out, a long with Dembele, Vorm, Eriksen and Dele.
    Post edited by Stlducks on
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    Oooo, dang! Well we’ll get to see how good Spurs depth really is now.

@Stlducks that’s very cool that you work for John Deere. You need to convince your boss to send you to the ConExpo in Vegas. It’s the worlds biggest convention for heavy equipment. It seriously takes 3-4 days to see everything at the event center. Kinda funny how we both got hooked on the sport around the same time and found this forum. Personally I don’t even much like the “real football” forums on here much :D so it’s nice having this chat to come actually talk.

@ASdoZeR what kind of dog is Eddy? He looks like he’s gonna be HUGE if he’s only 5 months old :o that’s a true shame that you had to give up the sport much like danimal because of an injury. Y’all have traveled a lot more than me, honestly don’t know if I’ll ever leave the states :D
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    @Wyojasond He's a Bernese Mountain Dog. So yeah he will become quite big in the end and I expect him to be more than 50kg. But that's alright as we have a big courtyard at home with a lot of space (:
  • Danimal5981
    @ASdoZeR so you live more towards Stettin (north) or Dresden (south) ? And do you feel sympathetic to other teams in the region too? Rostock, Dresden, Leipzig, Cottbus, Aue?
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    or did you mean the town of Brandenburg? I frequently drive to those regions as my musical instrument endorsements have a distribution center in the neighbourhood.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    @Danimal5981 I do live and study exactly in Cottbus. But I'm originally from a small village in the north of Cottbus, so like in between Berlin and Cottbus.
    And I don't really like the teams you've mentioned, mainly due to their fans. Rostock, Dresden and especially Cottbus do have a lot of right-winged fans. And I don't like RB Leipzig at all. It's just the whole RB story and club which I consider as unpleasant. But speaking of other clubs in my area I do have a weak spot for Magdeburg who just got promoted to the 2. Bundesliga. They aren't doing well at the moment but their fanbase is incredible and I personally do know a lot of fans of them. I mainly identify myself with a club's fanbase and that's one reason why I don't like many teams from the east of Germany.
  • Danimal5981
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    @Danimal5981 I do live and study exactly in Cottbus. But I'm originally from a small village in the north of Cottbus, so like in between Berlin and Cottbus.
    And I don't really like the teams you've mentioned, mainly due to their fans. Rostock, Dresden and especially Cottbus do have a lot of right-winged fans. And I don't like RB Leipzig at all. It's just the whole RB story and club which I consider as unpleasant. But speaking of other clubs in my area I do have a weak spot for Magdeburg who just got promoted to the 2. Bundesliga. They aren't doing well at the moment but their fanbase is incredible and I personally do know a lot of fans of them. I mainly identify myself with a club's fanbase and that's one reason why I don't like many teams from the east of Germany.

Cool, I'm often in those regions as mentioned in my movie: Vetschau, Cottbus and Forst predominantly. I expect to drive through in December again. Maybe challenge you for a FIFA 19 game then, live and in the flesh :wink:
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Cool, I'm often in those regions as mentioned in my movie: Vetschau, Cottbus and Forst predominantly. I expect to drive through in December again. Maybe challenge you for a FIFA 19 game then, live and in the flesh :wink:
    In the end the world is so small :) I'm down for it. Should still be here in December then. Just drop me a message if you know more on when and where ;)
  • Stlducks
    1279 posts Professional
    A live, recorded FIFA match between you two?
  • Alastair
    9631 posts Moderator
    Stream it :smiley:
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    Episode 3 of “The Champions” this is easily my favorite one so far :D :D :D “you’re loaned to Millwall” :D :D :D

http://bleacherreport.com/post/the-champions---watch-every-episode/dc96fb33-7a46-4ee1-ba6b-4cee31819ea8