Why I find this game bad

iConfueZ
301 posts Sunday League Hero
Okay, this ain't fun anymore. I've given myself some time to getting used to FIFA 19, as it requires a whole different play style, and most attacking types that worked on FIFA 18 don't work on 19. But oh god, gameplay is so slow. All games I play end with like 2 goals, whereas on FIFA 18, I used to score an average of 4 goals in a match, and a lot of shots on goal.

Shooting is also slow, whenever I power up my shot, there already is a defender in front of me blocking a shot. And this happens 90% of the time. And when I am able to shoot, it goes either towards the keeper or next to the goal. Shooting in general feels so much worse than FIFA 18.

And about defending... You can still AI defend and just run back with your CM/CAM while teammate containing with a defender. Defending should be more MANUAL on online modes, and not with AI assistance. That just removes the skill required to defend.

And about low-driven shots... what has happened to that? It has been nerfed so badly. I think it should get a small buff. Also, sometimes you do a chip shot instead of a low-driven shots. Either this is a bug, or because of the button combination you need to press.

What do you think about FIFA 19?

Comments

• Tooner9
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sounds like the main reason u don't like the game is because it doesn't suit your style as much as other fifa's, play the old fifa's instead still then?
  • iConfueZ
    edited October 2018
    Tooner9 wrote: »
    Sounds like the main reason u don't like the game is because it doesn't suit your style as much as other fifa's, play the old fifa's instead still then?
    It's not just me. I'm sure that 80% of the people who play FIFA 19 could agree that the game is worse than FIFA 18 in some aspects.
  • Nardino
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I like majority of changes made, however the AI defending is too good, I agree. It allows poor players to compete in the game because they only have to worry about one side of the ball.
  • ScorePlayer
    338 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2018
    Slower and more realistic pace instead of arcade speed any day of the week. It’s Fifa Football, not Rocket League. Even Real Madrid need to build up play in real life and can’t just sprint for 90 minutes without midfield.
  • Man0nf1r3
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    iConfueZ wrote: »
    Okay, this ain't fun anymore. I've given myself some time to getting used to FIFA 19, as it requires a whole different play style, and most attacking types that worked on FIFA 18 don't work on 19. But oh god, gameplay is so slow. All games I play end with like 2 goals, whereas on FIFA 18, I used to score an average of 4 goals in a match, and a lot of shots on goal.

Personally I prefer this way, scoring 4 goals a game on average is too many and shows it doesnt compare to real life, ive been a fifa player for years and consider myself quite strong on the game but I dont want to have 4-4 games constantly. Im sorry you're not enjoying the game but this is just my opinion lol
    As you probably guessed im really enjoying it currently, its not perfect but its a big step in the right direction for players who like to replicate how football is played in real life

• china2991
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My online games average about 7 goals a game from both parties. You can pretty much guarantee someone scoring a 50 yard volley or overhead kick from a corner each game.
  • iamjonasjones
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The pace is not realistic.

I was playing a guy with Salah and he got me with a through ball and was probably 10 yards ahead of me. Caught him super easy. This constantly happens. Don't get how you think this is realistic pace
  • Toronto1982
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I was playing a guy with Salah and he got me with a through ball and was probably 10 yards ahead of me. Caught him super easy. This constantly happens. Don't get how you think this is realistic pace

It's unrealistics but it forces you to play a smarter type of game which is the point.
  • The pace is not realistic.

It's unrealistics but it forces you to play a smarter type of game which is the point.
    But why should you change your game because of a unrealistic pace increase?
  • MaldinisHeir
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    @ iConfueZ I guess the issue is that what you dislike about the game, I like.

I just hope there's more people like me and less people like you so the game stays the way I like it. No offence.....
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain

LOL, Exactly! Yeah, I had about seven lengths on the defenders with a good through ball and lots of energy left. In two seconds I started running in wet cement and the defenders had wings on their boots, go figure. With EA's programming, it's anything to stop a shot, even to just straight up cheat. Most of the time I will push the button about three times to shoot and my player won't attempt to do anything at all. EA just shuts you down so you can't even get the shot off, sad really. Like I said before, back to playing 11, 14 and 17.
  • FakeZura
    58 posts Park Captain

Hitting Y every time and scoring sounds realistic.
  • AeolianVII
    92 posts Park Captain
    Most of the reasons you dont like the game seem to have improved it for me.
    I like the slower pace.It nerfes ping pong and lighning speed superheroes players who pace abuse.
    Thus it forces you to a build up play which is more realistic.

The scores that you mention also support more realism.I dont like arcady goal fests.

About the shots they have changed the mechanics.We have to take time to learn them and get used to them.
    Someone may like it someone may not.But whats for sure is that they need more skill now thus gameplay is
    more rewarding.

I agree with you about defending.It needs to be more manual.

• FifaGod97
    249 posts Sunday League Hero

The reason he don't like the game is because the Ai defending is a joke. What game has an Ai move by themselves and defends for a player whilst people are using 1 player for the whole match
  • Toronto1982
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    D11FYY wrote: »

But why should you change your game because of a unrealistic pace increase?

Because the changes make the game better than abusing pace
  • Henning32
    64 posts Park Captain
    Terrible game this year.

- AI defending overpowered
    - Shooting too slow
    - Fast vs Slow players an issue can barely tell the difference.
    - Strong vs weak players can barely see any difference
    - Penalties too easy to save
    - Free kicks too hard to score on
    - Too easy to boost up with a defender to tackle
    - Players with great tackling should be able to tackle the ball and keep it, not lose it instantly to the striker that
    was just tackled perfectly
    - AI defenders fills out empty areas too quickly, when a defender runs up aggressively to tackle
    - Contain should be nerfed
    - Skill moves should be buffed defenders easily locks on the ball no matter what you do pretty much.
    - 180 degree passes are too accurate and too powerful should be terrible precision
  • Master110
    1097 posts Professional
    Nah But the scoring is too easy. I get 5-8 a game and let in 3-5
  • FIFA 19 in a nutshell... Post more post I hit the post and by the way I dinged the post again while my opponent takes his first shot of the game and scores. Happens repeatedly and often. Whats up EA ?
  • iConfueZ
    FifaGod97 wrote: »

The reason he don't like the game is because the Ai defending is a joke. What game has an Ai move by themselves and defends for a player whilst people are using 1 player for the whole match

This ^

I don't have lots of problems with the things I have mentioned besides AI defending (however I do like to see some tweaks to shooting). If only defending would be more manual, the game would be way better and fun to play. But hey, it's EA.. they won't listen anytime soon.

• rubberglovelove
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Manual player here and game is trash.
  • Master110
    1097 posts Professional
    ZeroOne72 wrote: »
    FIFA 19 in a nutshell... Post more post I hit the post and by the way I dinged the post again while my opponent takes his first shot of the game and scores. Happens repeatedly and often. Whats up EA ?

Totally. If you hit it twice its going to be a loss.
  • Korthan
    2532 posts Fans' Favourite

Shooting is also slow, whenever I power up my shot, there already is a defender in front of me blocking a shot. And this happens 90% of the time. And when I am able to shoot, it goes either towards the keeper or next to the goal. Shooting in general feels so much worse than FIFA 18.

And about defending... You can still AI defend and just run back with your CM/CAM while teammate containing with a defender. Defending should be more MANUAL on online modes, and not with AI assistance. That just removes the skill required to defend.

And about low-driven shots... what has happened to that? It has been nerfed so badly. I think it should get a small buff. Also, sometimes you do a chip shot instead of a low-driven shots. Either this is a bug, or because of the button combination you need to press.

Yep.
  • Korthan
    2532 posts Fans' Favourite
    Henning32 wrote: »
    Terrible game this year.

- AI defending overpowered
    - Shooting too slow
    - Fast vs Slow players an issue can barely tell the difference.
    - Strong vs weak players can barely see any difference
    - Penalties too easy to save
    - Free kicks too hard to score on
    - Too easy to boost up with a defender to tackle
    - Players with great tackling should be able to tackle the ball and keep it, not lose it instantly to the striker that
    was just tackled perfectly
    - AI defenders fills out empty areas too quickly, when a defender runs up aggressively to tackle
    - Contain should be nerfed
    - Skill moves should be buffed defenders easily locks on the ball no matter what you do pretty much.

- 180 degree passes are too accurate and too powerful should be terrible precision

Great summary.
    I like majority of changes made, however the AI defending is too good, I agree. It allows poor players to compete in the game because they only have to worry about one side of the ball.

That was my feeling, could live with some/most of the changes if they weren't ALL in favour of defending and nerfing everything attacking or creative.

LB&Y is already useless, now we lose shooting, pace, quick passing, quick turns and through passes as well? Come on.

• MaldinisHeir
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    If only defending would be more manual, the game would be way better and fun to play. But hey, it's EA.. they won't listen anytime soon.

The thing is defending shouldn't be manual. Defending in real life is all about setting up the team in a way that it is hard to break down. It's not about individual tackling. In modern football there are actually very few tackles.

The only thing that needs to happen with defending is that there should be more tactics for defending. We should have more man making options and for doubling up.

A big change that also needs to happen is that the weaker foot is more of an issue. Defenders should be able to push players onto their weaker foot with noticeable differences in quality. One issue I've found is when I try and hit the ball with a player's weaker foot (e.g. by cutting inside) he awkwardly puts it back onto his weaker foot and does as good a job at shooting or passing, so it just looks rubbish.
  • FaintJOEY1
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I find majority of players feel about the same with the ball. Always getting knocked off no matter their strength /speed
  • CJD
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I’ve been scoring goals like crazy 🤷🏾‍♂️