Pace, what side of the argument do you stand on?

1
Nardino
22 posts Last Pick at the Park
Pace is a hot topic with every new FIFA installment. Historically, the game is released with pace being muted, leading to an up-rise in the community demanding a correction. EA usually goes on to patch the game within a few months of its initial release with mixed reviews.

Which side of the argument do you stand? Do you like that pace does not play a significant factor in the game or are you looking for a patch to increase its influence on the game play?

Comments

  • Nardino
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I would agree that the game must be about more than pace. That being said, there clearly is an unbalance, as players like Bale have CB's catch them on two stride breakaways. I am not suggesting that one way or the other is better, just simply stating the facts.
  • china2991
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pace has never been an issue in FIFA, People with poor defending skill's has been the issue the whole time.

    And i am a majority UANL Tigres, Malaga player over the last few years on season's CB'S with 30 pace.


    My opinion is that pace is how it is now because the Through ball's are OP asf. If they buffed the pace then you could be looking at 20 goals in an online match. Believe it or not considering how slow players are on the ball the game online actually plays out quicker than i have ever seen on FIFA, To the point where it hurts your eyes.
  • Nardino
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Can you explain "through balls are OP asf"?
  • Tooner9
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ther has to be a balance, if u where on a pitch u wouldn't see all the runs but on fifa u can so if there's to much pace u just get ppl pinging the ball fwd instead of actually having to think n break ppl down, increase the pace and no choice but to play a deep defensive line and then ppl moan about parking the bus so either way can't please everyone, ppl need to realise that this fifa isn't like a reaction game and just pressing pass when the ball comes to them and instead plan your 1st touch to balance your player b4 passing or just holding sprint to go down the line when your facing your own goal
  • Nardino
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    So far this conversation seems to depict either one extreme or the other. I agree with both arguments, I guess it is the degree of balance which seems to be the debatable topic. In my opinion, I think the build up play is most important to hold on to, however the pace ratio can be increased without sacrificing the former.
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    I only see the “ping pong passing players” cry about gameplay speed to be honest.

    Now in FIFA 19 there is actually midtfield play, but also realistic counter attacks. To me it’s much more skillbased how you need to outplay your opponent and brake his defence down by pure vision.
    That takes much more skills imho.

    The game is definitely fast enough to exploit gaps. The clear difference is you can no longer just zig zig while sprinting through your opponent like in 18.

    Now in FIFA 19 you need to find that open space and run into it, and keep your winger sprinting until the defender let go of you. The key here is that the defender looks like he will keep up with you, but near the backline his stamina is gone and you’ll have the advantage. Right at the edge you’ll see the difference. Just keep pushing that winger, mate.

    Pace works perfectly fine this year. It’s there but it’s subtle. Very well balanced actually.

    You see what I mean?
  • Nardino
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I do yes, and I agree that the balance is better this year then in years past. I think it is important to be realistic, but on the other side of it, realistically, Bale, Ronaldo, Aubama, etc, would never be caught by a CB once they had a 2 stride breakaway.

    Maybe there needs to be an internal mechanic that keeps pace muted until there is such an obvious separation. Breaking down an opponent and earning a breakaway to only have to stop and turn to avoid losing the ball because a CB caught Ronaldo is as silly as rewarding the "ping pong" player you refer to.
  • china2991
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nardino wrote: »
    Can you explain "through balls are OP asf"?

    You can just press Y and it plays the perfect through ball in to perfect space every time. Doesn't matter how you cover the space it's so assisted it finds its way through into space for the attacker, Example being you try to play a through ball between 2 players but because the space is so minimal the game recognizes that it wont make it so it auto assist you and play's it around the outside of the player into space for you to get it. This is even more so on pro club's, I'd say players are put through on goal about 30 times a game but because of the pace, only 2 times does it result in a goal.
  • Brydobhoy
    470 posts An Exciting Prospect
    For me pace is slightly too under powered but im happy to live with it with the danger of EA trying to fix it because they have a habbit of overpowering anything they try to change.

    Im enjoying this much more now that people who are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at fifa cant just sprint their way to goal.
  • Man0nf1r3
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I only see the “ping pong passing players” cry about gameplay speed to be honest.

    Now in FIFA 19 there is actually midtfield play, but also realistic counter attacks. To me it’s much more skillbased how you need to outplay your opponent and brake his defence down by pure vision.
    That takes much more skills imho.

    The game is definitely fast enough to exploit gaps. The clear difference is you can no longer just zig zig while sprinting through your opponent like in 18.

    Now in FIFA 19 you need to find that open space and run into it, and keep your winger sprinting until the defender let go of you. The key here is that the defender looks like he will keep up with you, but near the backline his stamina is gone and you’ll have the advantage. Right at the edge you’ll see the difference. Just keep pushing that winger, mate.

    Pace works perfectly fine this year. It’s there but it’s subtle. Very well balanced actually.

    You see what I mean?

    This Ladies and Gentlemen is exactly how i see it, most of the people complaining are people who like to hit perfect 180 spin blind passes to their team mates, as soon as Fifa make the game slightly more skill based these players complain

    Is the game perfect? No not at all but for me currently i have never enjoyed playing proper football on a Fifa game as much as I am currently

    P.s DO NOT PATCH THIS GAME!!
  • jertt
    75 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Prefer it the way it is now.

    I think though they could do something with acceleration instead. When you get past a player you get a 1 or 2-second boost.


  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    blue166 wrote: »
    Pace is balanced nicely at this moment. It's not what the game is fully about. Pace can still be used if you skip around someone then head off. I don't see a serious issue. The game should equally be about build up play.

    How is pace balanced? Defenders wil catch up basically every single time regardless of pace stat. Once you hit a decently high division you will see how broken pace is. The meta is constant high pressure and full out attack. How do you counter that? Usually one would argue you can punish him with fast attacks and long balls down the wing. But that doesnt work because he can catch up anyway. I never was a pace abuser or meta player, not a 41212 or 4321 narrow player either. I played balanced football that relies on pace just as it does on many other things. Now you get rolled over by high pressure people just because they use high pressure. fun
  • china2991
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Man0nf1r3 wrote: »
    I only see the “ping pong passing players” cry about gameplay speed to be honest.

    Now in FIFA 19 there is actually midtfield play, but also realistic counter attacks. To me it’s much more skillbased how you need to outplay your opponent and brake his defence down by pure vision.
    That takes much more skills imho.

    The game is definitely fast enough to exploit gaps. The clear difference is you can no longer just zig zig while sprinting through your opponent like in 18.

    Now in FIFA 19 you need to find that open space and run into it, and keep your winger sprinting until the defender let go of you. The key here is that the defender looks like he will keep up with you, but near the backline his stamina is gone and you’ll have the advantage. Right at the edge you’ll see the difference. Just keep pushing that winger, mate.

    Pace works perfectly fine this year. It’s there but it’s subtle. Very well balanced actually.

    You see what I mean?

    This Ladies and Gentlemen is exactly how i see it, most of the people complaining are people who like to hit perfect 180 spin blind passes to their team mates, as soon as Fifa make the game slightly more skill based these players complain

    Is the game perfect? No not at all but for me currently i have never enjoyed playing proper football on a Fifa game as much as I am currently

    P.s DO NOT PATCH THIS GAME!!

    See, This comment i dont understand. Are you even playing the right game? You can play a 90 yard through ball blind pass to perfection, People talking about midfield play is such ❤️❤️❤️❤️, You can bypass the whole pitch with 2 passes. The game is pure you counter i counter online.
  • iamjonasjones
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The pace is bad right now. Doesn't matter the speed of the attacker you can be 10 yards clear from the half line and defense will still catch you and barrel you off the ball from behind with no foul call. It is very easy to get through balls around/through the defense and then it is also very each to just catch up.

    Everyone just plays super high pressure defense because there is no down side to it. Go for every tackle and if you miss you'll just catch up and bully the attacker off the ball anyways
  • Man0nf1r3
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    china2991 wrote: »
    See, This comment i dont understand. Are you even playing the right game? You can play a 90 yard through ball blind pass to perfection, People talking about midfield play is such ****, You can bypass the whole pitch with 2 passes. The game is pure you counter i counter online.

    Yes mate I can confirm i am playing the same game, me and my group of friends actually play the game offline on game speed slow.

    I will say tho I do not play online as you cant change the game speed and even on normal speed online seems way faster than it should be imo, so as you say maybe in that sense that is where we mostly have different views on it

    It could be down to the way you are defending, no-one is able to bypass the whole field with two passes, this has been attempted with no success
  • china2991
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am talking about my own attacking not defending.
  • AndrewPandrew
    34 posts Park Captain
    Trouble is, if they have nerfed the pace, they then have to nerf
    LB+A abuse through the middle, nerf undefendable crosses and nerf the bounces from tackles going back to the attacker, all the game nerfing pace is doing is encouraging every single person to play the exact same way, every match online is LB and A abuse or non stop crossing, meanwhile i’m trying to build attacks pathetically while trying to play FOOTBALL.
  • ChrisW1991
    1410 posts Professional
    In my opinion the pace is perfect, I'm playing career mode on ultimate difficulty and it's the most fun I've had on a fifa in a long time.. Hope they don't patch it
  • Brydobhoy
    470 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The AI on career mode is dumb as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ compared to online, career mode is the exact same as last year.
  • FifaGod97
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pace is an actual joke. I had Jordi Alba Martial Rasford , Martins & Dembele. All 90+ pace yet they can't out pace any slower CB on the other team. Yet my opposition has Rashford same player as me & Reus. Yet they blitzed my CBs & my quick full backs with ease.. No sense
  • Mc_chigby
    1374 posts Professional
    As posted numerous other times (after which no one seems to actually come back with an argument) pace of 1-99 is not a massive difference in real life terms of professional athletes.

    Take Sane and Matic for example one with 96 pace and one with 65 pace or so. Sane runs the 100m in around 11-12 seconds flat without the ball. Matic in 13-14 seconds flat. If you don't believe that point feel free to look it up (Jagielka clocked the fastest sprint speed in the Premier League 3 years back yet only has 60 odd pace)

    So Sane with the ball will see a drop in his 100m speed to maybe 14-15 seconds meaning now Matic without the ball will catch up to Sane depending on the distance between them.

    Pace is also determined now by more factors so dribbling stats, reaction, stamina, height, weight, all come into play with how fast a player can run with and without the ball.
  • ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    As posted numerous other times (after which no one seems to actually come back with an argument) pace of 1-99 is not a massive difference in real life terms of professional athletes.

    :D




  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    ^^
    First video, clip #1 and #2 simply confirmed that EA did the pace right with FIFA 19.

    I had Sterling sprinting in 19 without the ball just like in clip #1 and #2 and he was way faster, but as soon as he reached the ball, the pace was obviously slower and the defender could run with the same pace as the attacker. Just like in these two clips. It makes perfectly sence.

    People seem to forget that if you don’t sprint in a straight line in FIFA 19 you will lose pace as you should do.

  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    blue166 wrote: »
    Pace is balanced nicely at this moment. It's not what the game is fully about. Pace can still be used if you skip around someone then head off. I don't see a serious issue. The game should equally be about build up play.

    How is pace balanced? Defenders wil catch up basically every single time regardless of pace stat. Once you hit a decently high division you will see how broken pace is. The meta is constant high pressure and full out attack. How do you counter that? Usually one would argue you can punish him with fast attacks and long balls down the wing. But that doesnt work because he can catch up anyway. I never was a pace abuser or meta player, not a 41212 or 4321 narrow player either. I played balanced football that relies on pace just as it does on many other things. Now you get rolled over by high pressure people just because they use high pressure. fun

    You seem to forget that all those high pressure abusers are getting punished at the 70th min. every game. Because only players like Henderson and Eriksen have stamina left at that point.

    You can nearly walk through them in the end because all his players are dead tired.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    They never get the balance right. Yes, we wanted a game where pace wasn't the most important factor. What we got is a game where pace is almost totally irrelevant. That's too far in the other direction. It does open up a whole new bunch of players you can use I suppose, but it is pretty dull when every player is the same speed.
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Orikoru wrote: »
    They never get the balance right. Yes, we wanted a game where pace wasn't the most important factor. What we got is a game where pace is almost totally irrelevant. That's too far in the other direction. It does open up a whole new bunch of players you can use I suppose, but it is pretty dull when every player is the same speed.

    Every player is clearly NOT the same speed. I have seen Sterling and Adama sprint pass several defenders in 19. I’ll record it to show you.
  • ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018
    ^^
    First video, clip #1 and #2 simply confirmed that EA did the pace right with FIFA 19.

    I had Sterling sprinting in 19 without the ball just like in clip #1 and #2 and he was way faster, but as soon as he reached the ball, the pace was obviously slower and the defender could run with the same pace as the attacker. Just like in these two clips. It makes perfectly sence.

    People seem to forget that if you don’t sprint in a straight line in FIFA 19 you will lose pace as you should do.

    Im amazed how some people still trying to defend this arcade game..

    Trying to comment a positive thing for fifa is like digging the hayloft to find the needle.
  • BSDShoes
    3212 posts National Call-Up
    I like the pace this year, I'm glad EA hadn't stabbed it to death like they did the past few years, but it's only been less than a week of actual release to the rest of the population.
  • delpieroalex
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect
    love the pace in the game. Sprinting now require you to use it at the right space and time.
Sign In or Register to comment.