Icon review & price discussion

Comments

• Smiley_Utd
    1262 posts Professional
    Azablucky wrote: »
    Smiley_Utd wrote: »
    tetsu0jin wrote: »
    shevyo wrote: »
    Pulled 87 Klose from my first preorder pack.
    You think he will rise or should I sell now?

I personally think all player prices will rise since more people will get the game on friday and also when an icon will be required for another icon sbc ,icon prices will go way higher.

I agree, after last year with all they hype around Icon SBC's surely its worth picking one up early on? I got Lehmenn baby Icon for 240k just going to use him until the first set of icons come out... then will see what happens with the prices.

Think it's going to be a bit different this year as prime icons are out from the start so versions won't rise as much unless it's the prime.

ahh that's a good point didn't think about that tbh, but surely they'll still put out prime Icon SBC's which will need an Icon to complete...
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Azablucky wrote: »
    shevyo wrote: »
    Pulled 87 Klose from my first preorder pack.
    You think he will rise or should I sell now?

I personally think all player prices will rise since more people will get the game on friday and also when an icon will be required for another icon sbc ,icon prices will go way higher.

I agree, after last year with all they hype around Icon SBC's surely its worth picking one up early on? I got Lehmenn baby Icon for 240k just going to use him until the first set of icons come out... then will see what happens with the prices.

Think it's going to be a bit different this year as prime icons are out from the start so versions won't rise as much unless it's the prime.

ahh that's a good point didn't think about that tbh, but surely they'll still put out prime Icon SBC's which will need an Icon to complete...

Lots more icons this year too, more variety.
  • Abdulhamed
    2902 posts National Call-Up
    If anyone used an Icon and would like to leave a review, it would be amazing with the amounts of different icons :D
  • Lunty
    2452 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ll review prime Gerrard in around a week once CR7 has risen enough to warrant selling him

Pack pulled but i want Gerrard more
  • Fletch
    3383 posts National Call-Up
    I have been using 89 Blanc for about 10 games so far, not bad I must say. Now I only bought him as an investment as 629k was a steal IMO.

Would recommend though while he is still around the 700k mark.
  • Drizzt
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bought 89 Socrates yesterday for 1.25mil.

Bankrupted the club and ended up spending my last 5k FIFA points just to get a basic team around him but... wow...

He's sublime and his animations remind me of the great man himself. His everywhere. When his engine revs, a drop of the shoulder and his past you. Dinking, long passes, short passes, he's got it all.

So far he's as fun as 91 Maradonna last year, but with more stamina, strength and of course, height.

His max buyout is 2m and I'll be surprised if he stays like that.

Loving him and I'm not biased. Really, I'm not. What gives you that idea?😉
  • hennerz
    89 posts Park Captain
    I have brought 87 shearer seem to be pretty decent in the half a dozen games I have played with him. Brought more as investment but wanted to try him. Very strong which seems to be the way to go this season. Good man to use as a link up player and play in my 2 wingers who score more goals than him.
    For 360k I can’t see him going any lower.
  • Mathew1606
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    caved and got prime best, paid 1.85

also bagged at otw cr7 for 2mill

now the grind truly begins!

• Flymi
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Are prime icons likely to rise or fall? Lineker for 800kish looks very tempting being a leicester fan.
  • Acker
    1114 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Picked up

89 Gerrard and prime Lineker last night

10 games played so first thoughts

Replaced Kante as LCM in 41212 (2) Gerrard is the perfect box to box midfielder have clicked straight away with him rocket of a shot from outside the box

Cost 850k

Linekar

Replaced Jesus as Right sided ST
    And what an upgrade he is brilliant first touch always seems to be where I want him to be makes great runs and a loverly shot

Cost 750k
    Post edited by Acker on
  • Tboon
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Which striker would you recommend?
    Base Lineker or base Vieri in a 4411 formation?

Thanks!
  • Oscaaaar
    1227 posts Professional
    I bought 89 Eusebio yesterday when prices were low. After 9 matchens, where he has scored 15 and assisted to 3 I have to say hes among the best, if not the best I have used in any FIFA. Hes simply incredible.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6325 posts Big Money Move
    Got 91 Pele again after absolutely loving him last year and he hasn't disappointed yet again

15 games 20 goals and 5 assists in a 41212, hes very sharp turning and his fake shots are unreal such a huge pace boost after completing it

Also bought 91 Cruyff recently and hes been alright so far in 3 games, nothing special so far except the fact he feels very fast to accelerate and he has a deadly shot
  • Tboon
    Ive got 480k and when i sell my players i can get 700k... any suggestion which icon i should get? :)
  • Dannyarmy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    Picked up Vieri 86 and didn’t regret it, needed someone to hold up the ball, win ariels and finish and he does all that. Would recommend!
  • Zv1k0
    5792 posts Big Money Move
    How is 92 Nesta only 600k. Wasnt he couple of mil last year?
  • ha032742
    34894 posts Moderator
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

Nope
  • Zv1k0
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

Nope

Of course, that was Maldini. Always happens with this 2.. :D
  • Zv1k0
    Prime Vieri, 2 games 8 goals, 1 assist. He perfectly fits current meta. With a hunter card he is unstoppable. And that 89 strength. Insane.
  • deang07
    7931 posts League Winner
    little review of scholes after 12 games.
    this team and pos with a hawk chem:

Aln1LKJ.jpg

im honestly loving him i have matic on stay back and pogba on stay fw for scholes to do all between and hes been class.
    i play basic with him try not to do stupid things with him as you tend to do with a new player.
    i get the ball ping passes play simple and look for through balls , his passing is obv insane. hes control is brilliant and feels smooth dribbling and turning.
    hes scored 5 in 10 his fin especially long shots edge of box feel great scored 3 or 4 bangers inc a 30 yrd free kick lol. would prob score loads as a cam but im very happy with him at cm and pog at cam tbh.
    defensive wise hes better than expecting feels like a little wasp and is stronger than stats show ( prob that icon boost we all feel ) lol.
    came up against some good teams aswell in rivals.

id deffo reccomend him hopefully hes as good for u as he is for me .
    ill keep him till end game now without doubt.

i paid 680k hes gone up .
  • deang07
    7931 posts League Winner
    deang07 wrote: »
    little review of scholes after 12 games.
    this team and pos with a hawk chem:

Aln1LKJ.jpg

im honestly loving him i have matic on stay back and pogba on stay fw for scholes to do all between and hes been class.
    i play basic with him try not to do stupid things with him as you tend to do with a new player.
    i get the ball ping passes play simple and look for through balls , his passing is obv insane. hes control is brilliant and feels smooth dribbling and turning.
    hes scored 5 in 10 his fin especially long shots edge of box feel great scored 3 or 4 bangers inc a 30 yrd free kick lol. would prob score loads as a cam but im very happy with him at cm and pog at cam tbh.
    defensive wise hes better than expecting feels like a little wasp and is stronger than stats show ( prob that icon boost we all feel ) lol.
    came up against some good teams aswell in rivals.

id deffo reccomend him hopefully hes as good for u as he is for me .
    ill keep him till end game now without doubt.

i paid 680k hes gone up .

edit : ive changed to this and after another 10 games i feel the same way :)
    0t9urT3.jpg
  • Darfi02
    3413 posts National Call-Up
    I used 89 Yashin he was decent don't find much difference in goalkeepers generally though. I've moved on to prime Moore now i was going to try Keane or Giggs but changed my mind.
  • Sandell85
    7527 posts League Winner
    Picked up Vieri 86 and didn’t regret it, needed someone to hold up the ball, win ariels and finish and he does all that. Would recommend!

Ibra does that for me and only cost 5k aswell ;)
  • naz_sohan
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just packed Stoichkov from Kickoff SBC. Any suggestions what to do?

2uq2hzn.png
  • Tboon
    naz_sohan wrote: »
    Just packed Stoichkov from Kickoff SBC. Any suggestions what to do?

2uq2hzn.png

Very nice strikers! Looks like the perfect partnership. Already tried Stoichkov?
    Hopefully i can get him soon.
  • DadBod
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    Tboon wrote: »
    Ive got 480k and when i sell my players i can get 700k... any suggestion which icon i should get? :)

Same boat bro.. if i sell mbappe and some players, i will get 700k.. i am really hoping someone will suggest an icon on that range
  • Tboon
    DadBod wrote: »
    Tboon wrote: »

Same boat bro.. if i sell mbappe and some players, i will get 700k.. i am really hoping someone will suggest an icon on that range

I tried base Vieri and base Giggs. Vieri was very good and giggs was alright. But I didn't like his weak foot and skills. I made a small profit on both of them. Who to buy next... ;)
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    That spanish ST with 5 star WF any good? Anyone tried him?

emilio butragueño? I packed his 90, incredible card, extremely quick and agile, can jump out of the stadium. His first touch is incredible and the ball sticks to his feet. His height is biggest con but honestly it doesn’t matter. Has a great shot on him and his finesse is automatic.
  • hvid_Vand11
    47 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2018
    oh wow somebody put up luiz hernandez (85) for 310K coins i sold him on for 505K coins
    Nice profit :smiley:
  • Yermawfc
    2051 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any base baggio reviews?