Icons vs Golds

JPRM71
3713 posts National Call-Up
I honestly can’t tell the difference between high end big stat cards and regular golds in this game.

Everyone feels the same, On the up side, I won’t be buying many FP this year as there’s no need to waste coins.

Anyone else feel the same

Comments

• sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    For me there is a huge difference, especially on first touch. First touch is horrible for low rated cards while I’ve noticed higher rated cards and the only icon I’ve tried is next level when it comes to first touch and control.

The better stat players definitely feel better imo
  • Messi4ever2018
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    I honestly can’t tell the difference between high end big stat cards and regular golds in this game.

Everyone feels the same, On the up side, I won’t be buying many FP this year as there’s no need to waste coins.

Yup totally agree, packed des cb and played him next to umtiti. Could not tell the difference if he was there or was replaced by langlet or however you spell his name. If EA want people to buy FP they are going to need to make special cards... Well special. There's a reason why they are icon's. It's a shame they don't really stand out from the crowd.
  • Lambo91
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    I haven't tried a single ICON in this game but I will give you my input when I pack one or when I do a Prime SBC Icon and try him out.
  • ha032742
    47881 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    That’s why I’ve only bought Gullit so far...no gold card has the height and dreads B)
  • Lambo91
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    ha032742 wrote: »
    That’s why I’ve only bought Gullit so far...no gold card has the height and dreads B)

Seeing him on the pitch gives me nightmares. I get scared making my midfielder/defender approach him because I know he'll put them down easily make them look like bronze players xD
  • JPRM71
    @ha032742 I’d save your coins for now mate. Trade and wait for the patch
  • ha032742
    47881 posts Moderator

Nah Gullit is great even with the gameplay as it is >:)
  • Lambo91
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero

I sense that you're speaking from experience. I kinda feel bad for those that faced your Gullit now
  • ha032742
    47881 posts Moderator
    Only other card I’ve used that feels significantly better than the usual NIFs people use is CR7.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    91 Pele feels incredible tbh, but so far i've used 91 Cruyff/89/91 Eusebio, 91 Dinho and they all felt worse and played worse than IF Ben Yedder

It's pretty ridiculous...
  • Lambo91
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    You can just cross the ball to CR7 and he'll put it in easily with his bicycle kick even with outside the box lol that alone makes him unique
  • bigpokey24
    5762 posts Big Money Move

When you get used to the game. You will notice the difference.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only other card I’ve used that feels significantly better than the usual NIFs people use is CR7.

Eusebio is an absolute monster.
  • ha032742
    47881 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018

The height/lack of strength does put me off a little bit have been wanting to try him out bad :#
  • JPRM71
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

I’m used to it fella and been playing long enough to know. The difference is minimal
  • Spillaren
    2867 posts National Call-Up
    considering a legend in my team, either luis figo for salah (salah goes as my CAM in game) or Petit/Rijkaard prime.
  • JPRM71

Yeah I meant don’t get any others for now, I know the dread man is on point.
  • Zv1k0
    6148 posts Big Money Move
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

I played 129 games. Tell me the difference.
  • sounders3 wrote: »
    For me there is a huge difference, especially on first touch. First touch is horrible for low rated cards while I’ve noticed higher rated cards and the only icon I’ve tried is next level when it comes to first touch and control.

Vinicius Junior defies all of these rules >:)
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero

The height/lack of strength does put me off a little bit have been wanting to try him out bad :#

Any attacker of any size is immediately dispossessed now if a tackle goes in, so the ability to avoid them entirely is key. That is his game. I play him CF in 4411, so the height I reserve for the striker instead.
  • Acker
    1225 posts Moderator
    Having tried multiple midfielders in my team since release I must say middle Gerrard feels far superior as a all round midfielder that I was looking for in comparison

• bigpokey24
    5762 posts Big Money Move
    sounders3 wrote: »

That Brazilian dealt with me earlier, I may just purchase him
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    sounders3 wrote: »

Hmm I have him sitting on my bench, guess I should give him a start?
  • Lambo91
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    One Juve legend I really wana try out and got so happy when EA announced him to be in FUT 19 is none other than PAVEL NEDVĚD. He doesn't seem like he'll require an ICON in his Prime SBC which I really hope I'm right.

I'm upset that Edgar David is not in this year's FIFA. Hopefully in FUT 20.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    Lambo91 wrote: »
    One Juve legend I really wana try out and got so happy when EA announced him to be in FUT 19 is none other than PAVEL NEDVĚD. He doesn't seem like he'll require an ICON in his Prime SBC which I really hope I'm right.

You do understand that Prime SBCs may not even be a thing anymore right?
  • Lambo91
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    Lambo91 wrote: »

You do understand that Prime SBCs may not even be a thing anymore right?

They would of said it if it wasn't a thing anymore. I'm 100% positive it's still a thing in FIFA 19. As of the requirements, I have a feeling they're gonna make it more tough. So expect a 90 rated squad requirement instead of just an 89 rated squad. Even more Team of the Week requirements in each squad.
  • daydreamer45
    334 posts Sunday League Hero

Yup totally agree, packed des cb and played him next to umtiti. Could not tell the difference if he was there or was replaced by langlet or however you spell his name. If EA want people to buy FP they are going to need to make special cards... Well special. There's a reason why they are icon's. It's a shame they don't really stand out from the crowd.

yes. was lucky for me pulled DDG in a gold upgrade pack, excited and use over few match but he is bad in game or the shooting is just way OP. Long shot and overhead kick from decent ST, DDG cant save any of it.