kvURHVJ.jpg
Post edited by Stlducks on

Comments

• Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    iKYFB0d.png
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Reserved for record keeping. Feel free to post.
  • Ashy
    9592 posts League Winner
    Really like the OP, would look amazing if it was more higher quality though, still good job! Good team choice too I was considering Palace, interesting to see who the new manager will be :o Good luck
  • Wyojasond
    11322 posts Has That Special Something
    Palace is such a great team to choose. Potential superstar in Zaha, but a lot of weak areas. Would be awesome to see them crush the rest of the London teams, especially spurs :p
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Ashy wrote: »
    Really like the OP, would look amazing if it was more higher quality though, still good job! Good team choice too I was considering Palace, interesting to see who the new manager will be :o Good luck

I agree, I do everything on a tablet so quality is hard to come by. 😁 Thanks!
    Palace is such a great team to choose. Potential superstar in Zaha, but a lot of weak areas. Would be awesome to see them crush the rest of the London teams, especially spurs :p

Who knows, maybe I will forfeit the Spurs match. 😏
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    szPIvFa.jpg

Crystal Palace owners Steve Parish, Joshua Harris and Dave Blitzer sat in front of reporters and the CPFC supporters committee on Thursday afternoon addressing the future of the club and the hiring process of their new manager.

"For too long we have been happy with only staying up in the Premier League." Parish started "We are ready to change that goal and start to push for trophies. We wanted to hire someone young, fresh with ideas and with the long term ambition to match the board. We feel that Josh [Bishop] was the best fit and are very happy he agreed to join us. We now would like to officially introduce the new manager to lead us on this ambitious journey."

"Thank you Steve and hello everyone. I'm excited to be here and excited to get started. I'm sure you guys have questions so let's hear them."

Mr. Bishop, with the recent failure of Bob Bradley in the Premier League, are you concerns fans won't accept another American?
    I don't think that is an issue. Fans are smart enough to know that it doesn't matter where you are from. All that matters is if you win.

Why did you choose Crystal Palace and what makes this a good fit?
    They were the only ones who wanted me. (laughs) but as Steve said they are very ambitious and ready to build something special. I'm a guy that likes to build an academy and give youth a chance instead of buying big name players. My philosophy fits with what the board wants to do so together I think we can make it happen.

Last question, reports are that you named Zaha and Townsend as captains. Why them?
    My tactics are built are creative, attacking individuals. Those are two of the best we have and I wanted them to know I expect a lot from them and they need to be ready right away.
  • WestardLord
    1459 posts Professional
    This looks fantastic. Good to see unconventional stories.
  • Wyojasond
    Great choice for a manager :D eager to see where this all goes.
  • JoshDFC
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting appointment to say the least :lol: Palace have some real good individual players at the moment hopefully they can push on and start competing to qualify for the Europa League
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Another nice club and story to follow. Willing to see what the new manager can do with such a nice club.

Good to see that the club wants to give priority to youth system. I wish it works.

Good luck.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Well you can call it an interesting appointment indeed :D Will be great to see where this all goes now.
    The talent is there...the experience is there...now it's time to bring it onto the pitch.
  • Ashy
    9592 posts League Winner
    Interesting manager choice haha, glad to see you are investing in the youth academy quite a bit, hopefully some amazing talents come out of it.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    This looks fantastic. Good to see unconventional stories.

Thank you!
    Great choice for a manager :D eager to see where this all goes.

"You can end in a tie? Well, this just got a lot easier." :)
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Interesting appointment to say the least :lol: Palace have some real good individual players at the moment hopefully they can push on and start competing to qualify for the Europa League

That is the goal for the first season. Count on the individual star players while adding one or two pieces and hope for Europa League.
    subpop wrote: »
    Another nice club and story to follow. Willing to see what the new manager can do with such a nice club.

Good to see that the club wants to give priority to youth system. I wish it works.

Good luck.

I am always one who likes to save money and find young players. Hopefully we can build something at Palace.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Well you can call it an interesting appointment indeed :D Will be great to see where this all goes now.
    The talent is there...the experience is there...now it's time to bring it onto the pitch.

This team has underperformed for too long. Time to turn things around.
    Interesting manager choice haha, glad to see you are investing in the youth academy quite a bit, hopefully some amazing talents come out of it.

My plan is to bring in one or two players who are ready to play now to fill holes. That should buy time for the academy to build.

Thanks for following everyone, I get the game tomorrow then will be beginning.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    o1R7YA2.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    zuY1GPr.jpg

In addition to the above transfers, the club has also parted ways with third string keeper Julian Speroni (£115,000 to FC Kobenhaven) and midfield Jason Puncheon (£3.2m to Gerona).

James McArthur is also in discussions to leave the club with a rumored bid of £9m coming in from Wolves.

No other signings are expected at Palace with Bishop instead deciding to rely on a talented group of young players to step in. Nya Kirby(18 yrs old) , Kian Flanagan(18 yrs old) and Giovanni McGregor(19 yrs old) will be given a chance to claim Puncheon's midfield position while young Sam Woods(20 yrs old) will be adding depth at the CB position.
  • subpop
    Important players leaving... we'll see if the new additions can cover these holes in the team. Lots of movements, which I guess are necessary after the terrible pre-season.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Important players leaving... we'll see if the new additions can cover these holes in the team. Lots of movements, which I guess are necessary after the terrible pre-season.

More moving then I planned for sure but after playing with these guys, I realized they don't fit my style. The team played much better without them. I'm happy to take the money and reinvest in younger players and scouts.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    5v7HgvB.jpg

Match Highlights

1CMTLIu.jpg

Townsend exits early but Zaha saves a point
    The first ten minutes of Josh Bishop's managing debut could have been better. Andros Townsend had to be subbed off with a dislocated shoulder only nine minutes into the match. "Losing a key player like that is tough to handle. Obviously we hope he's back soon but we will have to wait and see."

The rest of the match was an exciting night for both fan bases as each side had multiple scoring opportunities. None better than 20 minutes in, Meyer played a long ball to Ayew on the wing, Fabricio was caught out of his box leaving the goal for the taking. Ayews cross was too close to the near post causing Zahas volley to go off the post.

Zaha would eventually find the net late in the second half canceling out De Paul's first half goal. Both sides missed chances in the last five minutes ending the match in a draw.

Reporter: What was going through your mind when Zaha missed on the open goal?
    Bishop: That dumb post just had to be in the way! We were lucky to be in that situation with the keepers error but have to make teams pay for mistakes. 9 out of 10 times Zaha finishes that.

A point in your debut and Liverpool up next. How is the season feeling so far?
    Today feels like one of those matches where you feel lucky to draw but unlucky not to win. Liverpool have a pretty good squad, some would say league favorites. We know it will be tough but we are going to prepare and we will be ready for the challenge."
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    3LVu9l3.jpg

• Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    jo3z8Wz.jpg
  • subpop
    Good away draw at Fulham's home. Watching the highlights and the stats, I guess that it was a fair result.

Funny action with 0-0... where was the goalkeeper going?!!? I don't think Zaha is to blame for the error as he didn't have angle though. In any case, he saved a point at the end.
  • Ashy
    9592 posts League Winner
    Not a terrible result to kick off the season, need to try be more creative and clinical in future games, Liverpool will be tough next

USA, Brazil and England scouting, hopefully you find some quality skilful Brazilians
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Good away draw at Fulham's home. Watching the highlights and the stats, I guess that it was a fair result.

Funny action with 0-0... where was the goalkeeper going?!!? I don't think Zaha is to blame for the error as he didn't have angle though. In any case, he saved a point at the end.

Looking back on it I should have tried stopping the ball and composing it before shooting but I thought the ball was going out of bounds so I tried a quick kick. You're right, the angle was bad.
    Not a terrible result to kick off the season, need to try be more creative and clinical in future games, Liverpool will be tough next

USA, Brazil and England scouting, hopefully you find some quality skilful Brazilians

I'm having a lot of trouble creating chances in this FIFA, maybe it's the sliders or I'm rusty. 🤔 Not the most exciting countries to scout but I want to build the US market and want am exciting Brazilian in the squad.
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sakho leaving is a tough one. Boyata used to be so good on FIFA, not sure how he is on 19. Think he’ll be good for you. But what, he’s 27??? Thought he was like 22. Wow.

I really like your graphics. A tip though is using some white borders on the text, bit hard to read the match program with a dark background. Just my two cents!

Eager to follow whats next!
  • Wyojasond
    I really like the almost retro look of the graphics. Very cool so far. Some big transfers out to a team that doesn’t have great depth already. Hopefully it doesn’t hurt them down the road.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Some big money coming in and wise spending to rejuvenate the squad. If someone doesn't fit the system he should be allowed to leave, even though he might have a big name.
    The team started well with a fair draw as stated. Now there is the first big challenge ahead with Liverpool. Hopefully the team is able to get something out of it.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional

Ov1CVKv.jpg
    Liverpool, Salah too much for Palace

The first 20 minutes of the match went according to plan for Crystal Palace as they controlled possession and the tempo of the match. But then Liverpool do what they do best and took over the game in a flash behind two Mo Salah goals in the first half.

Liverpool would add a third off a well worked corner that Matip headed into the top of the net.

Reporter: You said coming into the match that you know how good Liverpool are. But did they surprise you tonight?
    Bishop: The skill level wasn't a surprise but no matter how you train, you can't replicate their speed on training. Once they turned it on at the half hour mark, we never regained our composure.

A short week with the news of Watford match being moved up and now only three days away. How will the team respond?
    I expect a strong response. We were outplayed in front of our fans tonight and we can't allow that. We need to step up and give them something to cheer for.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Lyktan wrote: »
    Sakho leaving is a tough one. Boyata used to be so good on FIFA, not sure how he is on 19. Think he’ll be good for you. But what, he’s 27??? Thought he was like 22. Wow.

I really like your graphics. A tip though is using some white borders on the text, bit hard to read the match program with a dark background. Just my two cents!

Eager to follow whats next!

Boyata is a little older than I thought but he was really cheap so I thought he would be good depth to cover into some younger guys are ready.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that with the next one!
    I really like the almost retro look of the graphics. Very cool so far. Some big transfers out to a team that doesn’t have great depth already. Hopefully it doesn’t hurt them down the road.

Thank you. The depth is an issue for now but hopefully will be filled by the academy soon. I try to go by house rules that if an offer comes in for x amount more than the players worth, I sell them. Makes it challenging.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Some big money coming in and wise spending to rejuvenate the squad. If someone doesn't fit the system he should be allowed to leave, even though he might have a big name.
    The team started well with a fair draw as stated. Now there is the first big challenge ahead with Liverpool. Hopefully the team is able to get something out of it.

My thoughts also, it doesn't matter the name. All that matters is that they fit the system. The extra money helps too.
  • Wyojasond
    Liverpool’s speed just too much for you at times. Also can I just say how sweet those white/gray kits are. Freaking love them B)
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    acgmKKT.jpg

Palace look to bounce back after the Liverpool defeat as they travel to Watford.
    Watford have had a rough start to the season, losing their first two matches while only scoring twice and allowing 6 goals. Christian Benteke is starting for the home side, his first time facing Palace since they sold him earlier this month.

Palace have made 4 changes to the starting XI from the weekend defeat with Williams and Milivojevic starting in midfield, Dann getting a start at centreback and Wickham starting his first match as the lone striker.