Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• Retro_G
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Dasco wrote: »
    RIP Cancelo investors lol. I'm surprised.

NIF Cancelo investors are in for a huge payday. He is extinct, wish I bought more than the one I have.
  • CeeQue
    10370 posts Has That Special Something
    Did the Lucas Player of the Month SBC and out comes Fabinho not bad paid for the SBC right there.
  • Richarlison for 27k and will most likely play tomorrow, any down sides?
  • Zv1k0
    5758 posts Big Money Move
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Did the Lucas Player of the Month SBC and out comes Fabinho not bad paid for the SBC right there.

Got Chiellini so yeah. Happy with free POTM Lucas. B)
  • Zv1k0
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

Got Chiellini so yeah. Happy with free POTM Lucas. B)

And Sane hahah. 2 walkouts from POTM Lucas. Insane profit.
  • Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    875 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    Davies still at 1600, ffs
  • Wattzeefuik
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just packed dost and hes going for 10k wtf??
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just packed dost and hes going for 10k wtf??

More like 3k...
  • Aarong222
    15389 posts Moderator
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    It's that time of the year again with FIFA 19 literally just around the corner it's time for my yearly thread. With special items looking to take a bigger role in FIFA 19 already whats better than to make some early coins? Feel free to share anything you think is relevant and I can incorporate it into this post of which I will be keeping updated this year: :flushed:

It looks as though Bundesliga could be joining the action for POTM items and if the PL one is anything to go by the requirements won't be that bad. However with the potential candidates having obscure nations those could be the way to go?

For me the award is a two horse race between two players from Hertha both of which are obscure nations (Norway and Slovakia)

b1d1c59eeddcf7dc76434f74b0ae959b.png

Potential SBC's

Bundesliga side 82+ 83 and 82 rated Bundesliga players seem safe investments

Slovakia/Norway: Likely to be only a few players needed from the retrospective nation but with limited golds for each it could become a money maker

Hertha BSC Likely to be a cheap one with 1/2 needed from the side alongside an easy finish with cheap bundesliga

Ex side: Jarsetin played for several sides in Norway before the move to Hertha while Duda was in Poland although both these scenarios seem unrealistic

As for the continuation of Bundesliga POTM's as soon as we hit a big name player I fully expect Bundesliga IF's to be needed so stocking up now while players like Sommer are almost discard would be the worst idea.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for lost coins, this is my personal stance on the market

• 7ofst
    46 posts Park Captain
    Had a tradepile full of Dier’s, Wanyama’s and 82-83 Brazilians. Made about 250K, though they didnt raise significantly..

Whats next? 😁
  • Amdp9
    2818 posts Fans' Favourite

my cousin got R10 from lucas SBC rewards :|
  • Zv1k0
    When is Bundesliga POTM?
  • Derryboy1893
    3536 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    It's that time of the year again with FIFA 19 literally just around the corner it's time for my yearly thread. With special items looking to take a bigger role in FIFA 19 already whats better than to make some early coins? Feel free to share anything you think is relevant and I can incorporate it into this post of which I will be keeping updated this year: :flushed:

It looks as though Bundesliga could be joining the action for POTM items and if the PL one is anything to go by the requirements won't be that bad. However with the potential candidates having obscure nations those could be the way to go?

For me the award is a two horse race between two players from Hertha both of which are obscure nations (Norway and Slovakia)

Potential SBC's

Slovakia/Norway: Likely to be only a few players needed from the retrospective nation but with limited golds for each it could become a money maker

Hertha BSC Likely to be a cheap one with 1/2 needed from the side alongside an easy finish with cheap bundesliga

Ex side: Jarsetin played for several sides in Norway before the move to Hertha while Duda was in Poland although both these scenarios seem unrealistic

As for the continuation of Bundesliga POTM's as soon as we hit a big name player I fully expect Bundesliga IF's to be needed so stocking up now while players like Sommer are almost discard would be the worst idea.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for lost coins, this is my personal stance on the market

You've said stocking up on discards like Sommer 'would be the worst idea' is that not a typo. It may not be the best idea but it's certainly not the worst.
  • Aarong222
    15389 posts Moderator

Potential SBC's

You've said stocking up on discards like Sommer 'would be the worst idea' is that not a typo. It may not be the best idea but it's certainly not the worst.

Yes it is, thanks
  • Kane with 2 goals
    sigurdsson with 2 goals

anymore player you think maybe get TOTW3 ?
  • Boblemann
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sterling goal and assist
  • Aarong222
    15389 posts Moderator
    futshay wrote: »
    Kane with 2 goals
    sigurdsson with 2 goals

anymore player you think maybe get TOTW3 ?

Reus
  • WellWornBeast
    2128 posts Fans' Favourite
    These new OTW SBC's worthy doing? All Serie A i see, so there will probably be similar for all the leagues in the coming days?
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    These new OTW SBC's worthy doing? All Serie A i see, so there will probably be similar for all the leagues in the coming days?

Admittedly I got insanely lucky, but from the packs you get from the CR7 SBC, I got Rodrigo in the mini electrum and Mertens in the last pack I opened. (think it was an electrum pack too?)
  • Vasquezbt
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Vrlsajko? Keep or sell OTW
  • keyroy
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero

Can be done for really cheap. Just stay away from the nation or league of the block player and surround with a same nation/league team
  • Stevie_G
    998 posts Professional
    edited September 2018

Absolutely worth it. If you've done bronze pack method, just use anywhere from 3-5 lower league/worthless bronzes per squad with the rest common golds and you should be good for rating. You'll be able to get all of the common cards you need for a maximum of 600-700 coins, mostly for 500 coins if you're efficient.

Packs are terrible but so many silvers/common golds are selling for decent coins that you'll make small profits every time. You'll be surprised how much you get in return.

Made about 20k profit off the set and didn't pack anybody worth more than 3k (other than a hunter card).

keyroy wrote: »

Can be done for really cheap. Just stay away from the nation or league of the block player and surround with a same nation/league team

This as well, good shout.
  • Loke1
    401 posts Sunday League Hero

I did not loose money. Sometimes I feel we hear about all the lucky cousins, and by all means, that is why I do these SBCs. But maybe we don't here so much about the regular, Tuesday-nights-in-Stoke-card lucks. I got even. Had a lot of players, so I used about 10 k all in all on all of the OTWs. And got David Luis. As I said, I did not loose any money. But did not gain anything. So now you know. 😊
  • Hello my name is alberto and I have a problem regarding coins. More specifically coin transferring from second account to my main one. So, to give a bit more detail to the story, I recently moved to the UK to study in uni and today I wanted to buy some fifa points to open packs. Unfortunately, I did not realize that because my PS4 is region locked to Italy if I purchased ps4 codes in the UK they would not work on my main account which is Italian. So, I created a UK account to open packs and I managed to pack myself some nice players including an icon. The problem that I face now is that this UK account is just a second account where I wont ever use it or play as I do not want to buy PS plus for another account. I was wondering if there is any way that I could potentially transfer the coins made by me opening packs on my second account to my main account, which is the one I play on and the one I have ps plus. If I were to give EA my account details of both accounts would they be able to transfer my coins? If that is not possible I know that EA can place fifa points on accounts when someone buys fifa points and they do not show up. So, again giving my account details, could ea maybe completely shut down my second account and place the fifa points on my main one? The problem with this is that Idk if I would be able to pack another icon with the fifa points on my main account as icons are super rare. Please help. Thank you.
  • Zv1k0
    Albi1999 wrote: »
    Hello my name is alberto and I have a problem regarding coins. More specifically coin transferring from second account to my main one. So, to give a bit more detail to the story, I recently moved to the UK to study in uni and today I wanted to buy some fifa points to open packs. Unfortunately, I did not realize that because my PS4 is region locked to Italy if I purchased ps4 codes in the UK they would not work on my main account which is Italian. So, I created a UK account to open packs and I managed to pack myself some nice players including an icon. The problem that I face now is that this UK account is just a second account where I wont ever use it or play as I do not want to buy PS plus for another account. I was wondering if there is any way that I could potentially transfer the coins made by me opening packs on my second account to my main account, which is the one I play on and the one I have ps plus. If I were to give EA my account details of both accounts would they be able to transfer my coins? If that is not possible I know that EA can place fifa points on accounts when someone buys fifa points and they do not show up. So, again giving my account details, could ea maybe completely shut down my second account and place the fifa points on my main one? The problem with this is that Idk if I would be able to pack another icon with the fifa points on my main account as icons are super rare. Please help. Thank you.

Why did you create UK account in the first place? Why didn't you just buy PSN network cards online for italian region?
  • Albi1999
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2018
    Hello my name is alberto and I have a problem regarding coins. More specifically coin transferring from second account to my main one. So, to give a bit more detail to the story, I recently moved to the UK to study in uni and today I wanted to buy some fifa points to open packs. Unfortunately, I did not realize that because my PS4 is region locked to Italy if I purchased ps4 codes in the UK they would not work on my main account which is Italian. So, I created a UK account to open packs and I managed to pack myself some nice players including an icon. The problem that I face now is that this UK account is just a second account where I wont ever use it or play as I do not want to buy PS plus for another account. I was wondering if there is any way that I could potentially transfer the coins made by me opening packs on my second account to my main account, which is the one I play on and the one I have ps plus. If I were to give EA my account details of both accounts would they be able to transfer my coins? If that is not possible I know that EA can place fifa points on accounts when someone buys fifa points and they do not show up. So, again giving my account details, could ea maybe completely shut down my second account and place the fifa points on my main one? The problem with this is that Idk if I would be able to pack another icon with the fifa points on my main account as icons are super rare. Please help. Thank you.

Why did you create UK account in the first place? Why didn't you just buy PSN network cards online for italian region?

because i bought ps4 codes without knowing that they would work on my main account and now idk what to do cuz i don't have ps plus on my second account and I'm not about to spend more money getting it on another account you feel me? so idk what to do about having one million or so coins on an account i don't use thats why i wanna move em to my main one
  • Zv1k0

because i bought ps4 codes without knowing that they would work on my main account and now idk what to do cuz i don't have ps plus on my second account and I'm not about to spend more money getting it on another account you feel me? so idk what to do about having one million or so coins on an account i don't use thats why i wanna move em to my main one

You don't need to buy another game or another PS plus subscription. Just set the account with PS plus as primary. I'm assuming that's already done since that is your main so what's the problem? Just play on that account. Unfortunately it's againts ToS to move coins. You can try live chat on EA support but I doubt they'll do anything. They are useless.
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move

The real question is why did you feel the need to post in this thread?
  • WellWornBeast
    2128 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    I feel in general the OTW SBC's are worth it IF the reward is player packs.

i.e. the Mahrez one isnt 'worth' it but "Ramses Becker" aka Allison SBC is
  • Lambo91
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't know why you guys thought Cancelo won't get a OTW lol I warned you guys. It's a RB from Juve, we don't have many RB's; we let Cuadrado play in that position when Cancelo wasn't there so I saw it coming. I think Emre Can should of got one as well but I guess we have too many midfielders, EA didn't think he's worth giving him one.