Enough is enough now. Contain & Ai assistance needs to be removed

FifaGod97
249 posts Sunday League Hero
Getting fed up with every single ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on fifa controlling just 1 player in their midfield I.E their middle CM or CDM just moving them around and letting the Ai defend for them.. whilst HOLDING 2nd man press button & contain button which reads everything you do without the person even moving the left stick... No idea how it's still in the game or how many times it needs to be repeated all of this needs to be taken out completely & manual defending needs to me implemented the player should be in control of every player on the pitch

Comments

• AeolianVII
    92 posts Park Captain
    agreed
  • vk45
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This and AI assisted passing, crossing and shooting just kill all enjoyment of playing olnine.
  • Master110
    1097 posts Professional
    Online is fully assisted ping pong passing. Blame FUT. Online should of been full manual

Seasons is Bara or juv vs any team you pick

TD and LD are both garbage . Contain is useless not sure why you want it gone. It does nothing already.
  • FifaGod97
    edited September 2018
    Master110 wrote: »
    Online is fully assisted ping pong passing. Blame FUT. Online should of been full manual

TD and LD are both garbage . Contain is useless not sure why you want it gone. It does nothing already.

Contain is still O.P.. a player locks onto you no matter what. Not even a skill move works against it
    Post edited by FifaGod97 on
  • china2991
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Contain is just the opposite end of the battery, instead of them running into you, you just run into them since the switch. Defending should be jockey and push/pull/tackle. The contain button should not even exist. The contain button should be replaced by push/pull so it can be separate to the tackle button.
  • Master110
    1097 posts Professional
    FifaGod97 wrote: »

Contain is still O.P.. a player locks onto you no matter what. Not even a skill move world against it

I just run past anyone holding contain. Yeah it locks on to you and follows you and does nothing else.
  • Master110 wrote: »

Contain is still O.P.. a player locks onto you no matter what. Not even a skill move world against it

I just run past anyone holding contain. Yeah it locks on to you and follows you and does nothing else.

in all my games the human player never tries to take the ball by himself . only covers pass spaces and other of my AI players. barely switches player. this actually works really well for them . i have the ball alot , but it just gets extremely hard to get some real play in as the AI ( contain and pressure ) is extreme in this game . this is absolutely not how it is supposed to be . the skill-gap is almost removed by that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ . then pair in the assisted passing ( it`s almost impossible to make a bad pass with fully assisted ) . i mean , a fotball game where a human assisting the AI and not the other way around ? unheard of , a sick joke
  • Master110
    1097 posts Professional
    muppiluppi wrote: »

in all my games the human player never tries to take the ball by himself . only covers pass spaces and other of my AI players. barely switches player. this actually works really well for them . i have the ball alot , but it just gets extremely hard to get some real play in as the AI ( contain and pressure ) is extreme in this game . this is absolutely not how it is supposed to be . the skill-gap is almost removed by that **** . then pair in the assisted passing ( it`s almost impossible to make a bad pass with fully assisted ) . i mean , a fotball game where a human assisting the AI and not the other way around ? unheard of , a sick joke

Yeah the OP means team mate contain. Yes everyone does it online. Because they nerf the contain.

Btw they also do this in PES
  • thfchayden
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's a disgrace - has to go, surely. What other online competitive game has the AI doing 95% of the work for you?
  • NYCDYNAMIX
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA FIX THIS @EA_Andy
  • FifaGod97

You can't run through someone holding the contain button 😂... they just hold A & it does exactly the same movement you do then it tackles you without the player doing anything ...
  • blue166
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    The problem if you remove this from online is that the attacking AI's movement is so superior to previous years a lot more gaps will develop for people to score even more goals. Scorelines would get crazy high.

I am all for the 2nd man contain being dumbed down a little more. But removing 2nd man contain could open up floodgates for more issues then you believe.

You can definitely play around players using the 2nd man too aggressively and too much. Just take time on the ball and shift it about.
  • Redmob
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I only play FUT. the best players I play all employ this high press, 2nd man contain that is very frustrating to play against. Couple this with the SLOOOOOOOW, unathletic players I have, and it causes a frustrating experience. So, I play much more negative to counteract it, and it works well enough, but it’s boring. In general I feel the game is very unbalanced. When I finally do get a split second of open space, the shooting is so random...meh. I hope it’s patched. Offensively the game is not much fun for me. I’ll adapt in time if not, but I’m not going to play near as much. Not really a beautiful game, at all.
  • FifaGod97
    blue166 wrote: »
    The problem if you remove this from online is that the attacking AI's movement is so superior to previous years a lot more gaps will develop for people to score even more goals. Scorelines would get crazy high.

I am all for the 2nd man contain being dumbed down a little more. But removing 2nd man contain could open up floodgates for more issues then you believe.

You can definitely play around players using the 2nd man too aggressively and too much. Just take time on the ball and shift it about.

Idc about 2nd man press.. Ai assistant needs to be removed.. for the whole game players control 1 player from their midfield & no one else &they let the Ai defend for them ...
  • djeaze45
    64 posts Park Captain
    They ultra defend and control one midfielder. They shouldve took the ultra defend to ultra attacking off the game it is not soccer
  • djeaze45
    64 posts Park Captain
    PES doesnt have it.
  • DannyUK
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Everytime I play the game I don't last long on it, I play a few games and it just bores me, where is the real Fifa? This is not Fifa. I have to switch the game off with boredom, regret buying it to be honest, can't get a refund either.
  • SeaDawgBob
    1019 posts Professional
    Correct me if I’m wrong but second man press was removed, I believed R1 defending is gone
  • AeolianVII
    92 posts Park Captain
    Talking about AI in general and asking to be toned down is wrong.For example in previous fifa we had so many unfair goals cause the defending AI was total mess.
    Kick of goals was an example of defending AI failure where defenders would not keep their positions or even worse they would not run to the correct direction or run at all!
    So AI has to be decent and consistent.
    What has to change is that AI should not be difficult to outrun or overdribble in order to force more manual defending.
    The teammate contain could also get some optimizations but if it leaves gaps on their back its fine for me to exploit them.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »
    Correct me if I’m wrong but second man press was removed, I believed R1 defending is gone

Second man press is still there.
  • FifaGod97
    AeolianVII wrote: »
    Talking about AI in general and asking to be toned down is wrong.For example in previous fifa we had so many unfair goals cause the defending AI was total mess.
    Kick of goals was an example of defending AI failure where defenders would not keep their positions or even worse they would not run to the correct direction or run at all!
    So AI has to be decent and consistent.
    What has to change is that AI should not be difficult to outrun or overdribble in order to force more manual defending.
    The teammate contain could also get some optimizations but if it leaves gaps on their back its fine for me to exploit them.

Are you trying to say it's fine to control 1 player for 20mins??? & let the game defend for you😂 so basically you're doing 1% of the work & the games does 99%... that is just ridiculous.. that is just like going on Call of Duty & having Aim box... You just hold the shoot button & the game has perfect aim for You. Nonsense
  • Brosing
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't you love when you have the ball with your striker and walks back to the middle circle and the defender are there with you? :D Just casual contain things