The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• RayS
    37151 posts World Cup Winner
    edited September 2018
    Let’s see how long I stick with this... game comes in tomorrow for me.

IG D-pad switch to 3-4-1-2
    ECB79_A47-_C4_BB-4_D06-_A669-4_B949_FC34255.png
  • Antparry92
    20883 posts Club Captain
    RayS wrote: »

I’ll be honest, from what I’ve played I wouldn’t hold my breath with that :grimace:
  • Ryno
    6567 posts Big Money Move

Ill give it five games
  • RayS
    Antparry92 wrote: »

I’ll be honest, from what I’ve played I wouldn’t hold my breath with that :grimace:
    Ryno wrote: »

Ill give it five games

I’m a dreamer
  • Antparry92
    20883 posts Club Captain
    Decided to try my hand at trading this year as I’ve never been bothered to do it. If I stay MLS and Porto only for the most part I’ll have more disposable income to invest and make some big bucks...or at least that’s my thinking
  • Antparry92
    20883 posts Club Captain
    Lounge lively as ever :(
  • RayS

Hi!
  • RayS
    Decided to try my hand at trading this year as I’ve never been bothered to do it. If I stay MLS and Porto only for the most part I’ll have more disposable income to invest and make some big bucks...or at least that’s my thinking

Are there any Porto or other Liga NOS players you recommend? I’m thinking of doing a hybrid using IF Nakajima and othet Liga NOS players
  • RayS

Are there any Porto or other Liga NOS players you recommend? I’m thinking of doing a hybrid using IF Nakajima and othet Liga NOS players

@Antparry92 do u rate Mareaga or Herrera? Fluffy built me this one

E2_C81_CDE-_ACD8-4_EB9-9899-8_BAA55612_EC8.jpg
  • Antparry92
    20883 posts Club Captain

@Antparry92 do u rate Mareaga or Herrera? Fluffy built me this one

E2_C81_CDE-_ACD8-4_EB9-9899-8_BAA55612_EC8.jpg

I really like Herrera tbh. I’ve not played with Marega a lot but I found his dribbling did hinder him a bit. But yeh strong as an ox and does what he does well
  • hockeyphenom87
    7070 posts Big Money Move
    Tried giving this one last honest go and it resulted in being uninstalled. There's no dribbling. The passing being slower isn't a problem. The fact that you can slolam like Bodie Miller down the field and have a clear opening and the ai stick out a leg in superhuman speed to block it or the ball go to row Z one shot and on target the next is the problem.

I hated and loathed 18 and 17. They've outdone themselves here. Quite possibly the worst sports game I've played in the last decade. The pes demo was better than this.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    I’d like to retract a previous statement made about BWP, he does in fact score some bangers. It would appear that this year a striker that’s just good at being a striker and not much else is playable.
  • CaptEcuador16
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    I actually leave work really early today. Gonna pick up FIFA and then not leave my house all weekend.
  • RayS
    I actually leave work really early today. Gonna pick up FIFA and then not leave my house all weekend.

Make sure u have some food and hydration tho
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something

Why would anyone USA/MLS fan be interested in this game?
    • no new USA Icons, all previous USA Legends/Icons have been removed
    • no MLS TOTS at end of the league season
    • no MLS All Star cards
    • no summer TOTW cards when the European leagues end
    • tons of content for the UEFA Champions league, no content for CONCACAF Champions League
    • no Landon Donovan, no Clint Dempsey (and if they returned to play, EA wouldn't add them back into FUT anyway)

Everything in this game is trending towards the Premier League, competitive eSports, European-based Icons, etc. With the stat inflation every year, everyone will have 95+ OVR teams by January. Can't say I'm too excited about the future of FUT.
  • CaptEcuador16
    Who are you guys running at RB? Need 2 for the rotation and the best options are Sagna, Afful, VDW, and Powell right? Sagna is gold but skeptical about his pace and stamina
  • Ryno
    edited September 2018
    Who are you guys running at RB? Need 2 for the rotation and the best options are Sagna, Afful, VDW, and Powell right? Sagna is gold but skeptical about his pace and stamina

Sagna is great imo. Keep on stay back in a formation with wingers or wide mids and he is like another CB on the wing
  • CaptEcuador16

Sagna is great imo. Keep on stay back in a formation with wingers or wide mids and he is like another CB on the wing

You recommend to use Shadow?
  • SuperSonicSean
    6190 posts Big Money Move

Yedlin is the answer you're looking for. Link him to Opara, Pulisic, Bradley, etc. Chandler is good too, and gets the green link to Pulisic. I haven't tried Sagna yet because I'm worried about his stamina, but VDW is a great MLS only option.
  • Ryno

You recommend to use Shadow?

Shadow also gives a wide defender the highest IG rating for that position, so it doesn't hurt
  • CaptEcuador16

Yedlin is the answer you're looking for. Link him to Opara, Pulisic, Bradley, etc. Chandler is good too, and gets the green link to Pulisic. I haven't tried Sagna yet because I'm worried about his stamina, but VDW is a great MLS only option.

Yea I’m going for MLS only
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    Nice job @Ryno! :)

I'm doing first owner RTG. I'm focusing on Prem as my main and then MLS as a secondary team. I really need to pack a MLS LB who isn't bronze! Also, yes, I packed Icon Hernandez last night!

qSgm9rQ.jpg
    OAbZDjb.jpg
  • Ryno
    Chance wrote: »
    Nice job @Ryno! :)

I'm doing first owner RTG. I'm focusing on Prem as my main and then MLS as a secondary team. I really need to pack a MLS LB who isn't bronze! Also, yes, I packed Icon Hernandez last night!

qSgm9rQ.jpg
    OAbZDjb.jpg

Good to see you posting @Chance!

Great first owner squads and nice Icon pull :open_mouth:
  • SuperSonicSean
    Chicago is beating down LAFC 3-0. I like how we begin to play well AFTER getting eliminated from playoff contention.
  • SuperSonicSean
    Lodeiro 1G2A and an earned PK.
  • RayS
    DC Leading Montreal 2-0 in thr 60th. Absolutely huge in DC making thr playoffs
  • RayS
    Acosta 1g3a, Rooney 2g, and Arriola 2g. Maybe an IF for one of them
  • SuperSonicSean
    Ibra with a brace and 20 minutes left to get the hat trick. We have the potential for some tasty players next TOTW.
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited September 2018
    Penalty! Hat trick time...come on Ibra!

Edit: he gave it to Alessandrini. But WHYYYYY?!?!?!!!!!!!!! We were *this* close.
  • Antparry92
    20883 posts Club Captain
    Acosta and Ibra hopefully then