I'm afraid of the infamous first patch....

Ronaldo
3901 posts National Call-Up
For as long as I can remember the first patch has changed tthat years fifa tremendously. That "first patch" is mainly based on the feedback of the masses gathered in the first few weeks

Now considering the voice of the ones complaining sound the loudest im afraid EA will succumb to the pressure and return FIFA to the arcady ping pong goalfest mess it was last year. And dumbify the passing again.

I'm so happy I don't have to deal with players turning around in circles on the 16 yard box waiting for an inch of space to do a 360 turn into a driven shot. Or crazy unrealistic turning slide tackle pinpoint passes. But I'm afraid all of this will return because of people being incapable of change and not willing to adapt.

Comments

• RayS
    31182 posts National Team Captain
    The 180 no scope shot was the most annoying thing in FUT 18. Idk how that was never patched tbh
  • Workhorse25
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    I can’t wait for the first patch personally. And not because I’m “incapable of change” or “not willing to adapt”. I’ve adapted very well and have had the best start to a FIFA game in years in terms of wins to losses. It’s just boring me to tears.

And I don’t think I’m alone either. For the first time in as long as I can remember I’m having to wait minutes at a time for a player to connect to in the late evenings (on PC)... so it looks like many people have already stopped playing, less than a week after early access.

Not a good sign. So things will change I’m certain.
  • OZero
    6905 posts Big Money Move
    Every year is the same. People believe they are experts after playing a few days and "instruct" EA to patch this and patch that.

And then we all know what will happen next. Every year it's the same.
  • Workhorse25
    OZero wrote: »
    Every year is the same. People believe they are experts after playing a few days and "instruct" EA to patch this and patch that.

And then you have the other people who also believe they are expects and want to keep a game that many believe is broken the exact same.

The cycle continues.

• Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero

And then you have the other people who also believe they are expects and want to keep a game that many believe is broken the exact same.

The cycle continues.

You know, we can let the game go as it is for at least few months, but not patching game after 2 days opinion of angry kids who can't do 180 no look ping pong passes anymore
  • Workhorse25
    Antiseen wrote: »

The cycle continues.

You know, we can let the game go as it is for at least few months, but not patching game after 2 days opinion of angry kids who can't do 180 no look ping pong passes anymore

Here we go again. They disagree with you, so they must be “angry kids who can’t do 180 no look ping pong passes anymore”.

Nonsense.
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero

The cycle continues.

Here we go again. They disagree with you, so they must be “angry kids who can’t do 180 no look ping pong passes anymore”.

Nonsense.

If you want another FIFA, go play FIFA 18.

• Workhorse25

The cycle continues.

Nonsense.

If you want another FIFA, go play FIFA 18.

No.

You have already in this thread shown yourself to be more childish than any of the “angry kids” I’ve seen complaining about the game.
  • OZero
    edited September 2018
    Ok. If you think it is correct to patch the game without thorough testing on the consequences and balance after making changes, and if you think this can be done within days, then let it be.

Jesus ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Christ. This has ruined 18. And the same idiots are trying to ruin 19. Go ahead. Idiots really don't learn from history.
  • Workhorse25
    Idiots. Angry kids. Entitled. Salty 41212 players. One-two and pace spammers. Etc. Etc.

People can have different opinions. Stop being abusive and childish.
  • OZero
    Idiots. Angry kids. Entitled. Salty 41212 players. One-two and pace spammers. Etc. Etc.

Who is being abusive? How about you take a look at your posts everywhere? Fifa fanboy labelling?

How about trying to understand in real world the consequence of making any changes without thorough testing? first day patch or I quit blah blah blah? That is pure non-sense. Even if what you suggest to patch is correct (which about 50% I won't agree), the result of patching the game without testing and further balancing would make the game even worse. 18 was the best example. You are exactly the ones that ruined 18, now so called best Fifa ever eh?
  • Workhorse25

Who is being abusive? How about you take a look at your posts everywhere? Fifa fanboy labelling?

How about trying to understand in real world the consequence of making any changes without thorough testing? first day patch or I quit blah blah blah? That is pure non-sense. Even if what you suggest to patch is correct (which about 50% I won't agree), the result of patching the game without testing and further balancing would make the game even worse. 18 was the best example. You are exactly the ones that ruined 18, now so called best Fifa ever eh?

When have I called someone a fifa fanboy?
  • Workhorse25
    edited September 2018
    And you. You are being abusive (as well as many others).

Calling people idiots for disagreeing with you is abusive.

• I am very happy with most of the current game. Few things need tweaking sure, but EVERYBODY agrees FIFA19 got worse as the year progressed.

So the lesson should be; be chill, be patient, and let EA take its time to patch stuff that really matters, without shouting for stuff to be patched quickly.
  • Lokoplovdiv
    473 posts Sunday League Hero
    This community... No hope at all ...
  • Splayer23
    359 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If they can tone down the limit is to how many times a person has to tackle an opponent to get the ball back that be great!! Other than that the game kicks ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    I haven't played a match yet lool, I might wait a patch or two and just trade like a madman until then

I always hated having to relearn the game after the early patches
  • BGAlum
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you have to back out of FUT to apply consumables, only to have it stop working again, a patch is needed. If there are parts of the game that do not function as they should, a patch is needed.
  • opasni_
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    Game is in terrible state, this was not the case previous years so I don't think they can mess the game up more than current state.
  • PassingThoughts
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The game is very weird.
    I placed in division 5 and lost like 7 out of 10.
    Gone down to division 6 and I'm winning 7 out of 10.
    When I've lost its felt like ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

I can now pass very well most the time and can ping pong it sometimes. Some passes are underhit still though.

Shooting isn't great and it's too inconsistent. Volleys equal goals, headers are generally the same, but it's difficult to get space otherwise, and dribbling is hard as pressing sprint means you'll get tackled.

Also overhead passes are always perfect. Must have seen 5 passes that were like prime zlatan perfectly finding the target
  • crackers07
    1111 posts Professional
    Corners my god need fixing first
  • Dexdan
    660 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Best Fifa in years. Please no patch.

• Mutu10gol
    2809 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dexdan wrote: »
    Best Fifa in years. Please no patch.

yesssssss......this
  • Koolfashion
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    This game needs patch. Some things are broken and needs to be fixed.

AI defending. No dribbling. Shooting bug. I think this Fifa has potential to be the greatest ever but needs some little fixing.
  • Mutu10gol

AI defending. No dribbling. Shooting bug. I think this Fifa has potential to be the greatest ever but needs some little fixing.

agree....but every time we get some ,,little fixing,, we get fifa 17 or 16 or 18 back....so no thanks....please no patch...
  • Richehb1
    996 posts Professional
    I loved fifa 18 pre patch as I could defend manually, first patch took it from being one of my favourite fifas to my worst
  • Mutu10gol
    Richehb1 wrote: »
    I loved fifa 18 pre patch as I could defend manually, first patch took it from being one of my favourite fifas to my worst

agree
  • Workhorse25
    Mutu10gol wrote: »

agree....but every time we get some ,,little fixing,, we get fifa 17 or 16 or 18 back....so no thanks....please no patch...

So after all this, you agree the game needs a patch.

I’m dead.
  • Mutu10gol
    Mutu10gol wrote: »

So after all this, you agree the game needs a patch.

I’m dead.

good for you...