The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Omg - it's a nightmare. The thread's been totally derailed.

im still getting horned

So the forum enjoys when I mess up?

Lovely.
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    Spreading the GOAT Gospel to the filthy, uncleansed forums:

891517b0e41e3c5873e595e0b8c07d6e.gyf

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/410092/should-i-do-a-rtg-or-no-help#latest

Well spoken indeed!!

What is your profession, do tell!

I'm a ketchup popsicle salesman.
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    In slightly brighter news, here is the NEW team:

4c354eb5cd713008601499ae565116a0.gyf

Thoughts? Comments? QUESTIONS?

Great team.

Does Socrates have a headband in game?

Thanks, man! About to try him out for the first time. I will report back post-haste!
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Lovely goal!

Not going to lie but I was looking at baby goats last night and was tempted by a sp of 700k on a couple that wasn’t selling hoping they relist lower, but they didn’t and listed higher! :'(

How has he been for you? Super ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I’m guessing by your initial goal!

I was also pleasantly surprised by his price this week. Last year I paid one million coins for him the day before release. 700k seems a steal - and he is VERY fun to play with. He's quick as a cat, agile as could be, and he just has this verve to him - not a consummate striker by any stretch of the imagination - he's weak and his shot isn't anywhere near even the 90 LW - but he's very, very fun to play with.

By the way, official forum decorum denotes that the proper adjectival expression is "horned" - as in the horns of a goat.

I will get to work on making more highlights right NOW!
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    In slightly brighter news, here is the NEW team:

4c354eb5cd713008601499ae565116a0.gyf

Thoughts? Comments? QUESTIONS?

Great team.

Does Socrates have a headband in game?

Thanks, man! About to try him out for the first time. I will report back post-haste!

The bad news is: no headband in game.

The good news is: Socrates is a beast. An absolute animal.
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    The Official Goat Goal of the Day:

AllSpottedHoki.gif
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    The GOAT has four goals and three assists in seven games (and that's with a random DC loss).

Socrates is incredible - the poor man's Gullit. He has the strength to hold the ball up and the agility to dribble by his defender. His passing is excellent, but his shooting is merely decent. Ribery has been my standout player - he's absolutely tearing it up. I've been forced to try some new formations, as 41212 wasn't working all that well. 4231 wide was my best formation so far, but I want to pair Socrates with Henry in a 4411 next. Something tells me Socrates may even be best at striker. I can only take it one game at a time.

Another note of consequence: Kimpembe is every bit as good as Umtiti - so I switched them out. Haven't noticed a difference. Then again, my defense is just plain terrible. I'm struggling with the game in general so far. My shooting is inconsistent and I'm blowing easy opportunities and then banging howlers. It's bizarre.

My nephew, who is an Elite WL player, was in the party with me today - complaining that he hasn't hit his stride yet either. He's the type to obsess over meta - to strive for the OPest of players at all costs - and he was claiming that target men are the new meta. "Why don't you use Giroud then?" I teased him (unfortunately he's a Chelsea fan).

This little ❤️❤️❤️❤️ proceeds to buy Giroud and RIP 10 goals in four games with him. I mean he's just screaming about how unstoppable Giroud is, banging headers and ripping bicycle kicks (I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you not). He said he was just spamming headers and causing chaos with the big man.

And it's got me thinking: what IS the best combo up top to surround the GOAT with?!?
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    Top GOATing James :smiley:

And to answer your question it sounds as if you need Giroud :lol:
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/410092/should-i-do-a-rtg-or-no-help#latest

Well spoken indeed!!

If you sell 'em like you write these posts, I'll take 10.
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Top GOATing James :smiley:

And to answer your question it sounds as if you need Giroud :lol:

You cheeky bugger!
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner

Well spoken indeed!!

If you sell 'em like you write these posts, I'll take 10.

Do you wear white gloves by any chance?
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    The Goat Goal of the Day
    PortlyMadGibbon.gif

Nothing spectacular, but happy to be slowly acclimating to the new shooting system - that was my FIRST low-driven goal!
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    Update: 4411 did not work well. Back to the drawing board, I guess.
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    The Goat went on a SAVAGE run today... I could feel it.... finally. And you can just see it in the quality of the finishes.

https://xboxclips.com/Father Wack/93d05848-1f36-4a52-8dc3-3e78bc2bbdab

I've been really unimpressed with the xboxdvr gifs, and for whatever reason, the gif-maker simply will NOT load on xboxclips - if anyone has any advice on what to do, or other ways to make high-quality gifs, it was a big part of the GOAT forum last year. You could always count on GOAT gifs day in and day out. Someone help!
  • Orison
    56187 posts National Treasure
    The GOAT has four goals and three assists in seven games (and that's with a random DC loss).

Socrates is incredible - the poor man's Gullit. He has the strength to hold the ball up and the agility to dribble by his defender. His passing is excellent, but his shooting is merely decent. Ribery has been my standout player - he's absolutely tearing it up. I've been forced to try some new formations, as 41212 wasn't working all that well. 4231 wide was my best formation so far, but I want to pair Socrates with Henry in a 4411 next. Something tells me Socrates may even be best at striker. I can only take it one game at a time.

Another note of consequence: Kimpembe is every bit as good as Umtiti - so I switched them out. Haven't noticed a difference. Then again, my defense is just plain terrible. I'm struggling with the game in general so far. My shooting is inconsistent and I'm blowing easy opportunities and then banging howlers. It's bizarre.

My nephew, who is an Elite WL player, was in the party with me today - complaining that he hasn't hit his stride yet either. He's the type to obsess over meta - to strive for the OPest of players at all costs - and he was claiming that target men are the new meta. "Why don't you use Giroud then?" I teased him (unfortunately he's a Chelsea fan).

This little **** proceeds to buy Giroud and RIP 10 goals in four games with him. I mean he's just screaming about how unstoppable Giroud is, banging headers and ripping bicycle kicks (I **** you not). He said he was just spamming headers and causing chaos with the big man.

And it's got me thinking: what IS the best combo up top to surround the GOAT with?!?

Atleast there's one guy in the family who holds up to my standards :trollface:
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    b1cf6e7ee0a1a49400a528e29bd339be.gyf

Coming into this game, my confidence was low. Day before I'd drawn and lost. Started the game, and almost immediately get scored on by some grub I've never even heard of (Cramarick?). As the first half ends, a graphic flashes up on the screen essentially denoting that Henry has had a bunch of chances but hasn't scored - 21 touches or something like that (I was surprised).

Then this happened:

ScaredPerfectFlyinglemur.gif

A scintillating strike with the outside of the boot and it just ROCKETS into that upper-corner. Let's see it again from a different angle:

HelplessWeightyEquine.gif

Then, as if it couldn't get any more horned, the young GOAT simply ascends before our eyes.

BigheartedDemandingComet.gif

Rages messages ensued. The next game, GOAT got a hat-trick (his first this year). I'll be posting the best of those three goals tomorrow. Until then....

2f6b499db8f3d54e2618f27dd1c59249.gyf
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    1c254022b8bb110ba7faca3f4ba0e5be.gyf
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »

This little **** proceeds to buy Giroud and RIP 10 goals in four games with him. I mean he's just screaming about how unstoppable Giroud is, banging headers and ripping bicycle kicks (I **** you not). He said he was just spamming headers and causing chaos with the big man.

And who's that?!
  • Orison

And who's that?!

Obviously your nephew the Elite meta merchant.

Pics like these are defo not up to standards, you forgot half your team :trollface:
    185dc361cf7f8506283e514eb2287a8f.png
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner

And who's that?!

Pics like these are defo not up to standards, you forgot half your team :trollface:

The FULL team reveal is tomorrow!
  • Orison

And who's that?!

Hope your nephew comes onto that account one day and starts posting his WL achievements instead of you having to delay a team release over 2 days, because of the lack of other relevant information :trollface:

Also expected loads of timed finesse shots from Henry by now, where are they?
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018

And who's that?!

Hope your nephew comes onto that account one day and starts posting his WL achievements instead of you having to delay a team release over 2 days, because of the lack of other relevant information :trollface:

BABABABABABABABABABBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

UnsteadyGrossLeafhopper.gif
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner

And who's that?!

BABABABABABABABABABBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

UnsteadyGrossLeafhopper.gif

The first of many, many, many long finesse shots with the GOAT this year!!!
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    The full team:
    ab921364edfcddb0f603c11205f67453.gyf
  • Just_Unfair
    4197 posts National Call-Up
    Looks like the new French IF cb could be a nice new addition
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner

Good shout! I am loving Kimpembe and Varane though. I'll have to keep an eye on his price.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    7424 posts League Winner

Unless theres a patch looks useless
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    b1cf6e7ee0a1a49400a528e29bd339be.gyf

Coming into this game, my confidence was low. Day before I'd drawn and lost. Started the game, and almost immediately get scored on by some grub I've never even heard of (Cramarick?). As the first half ends, a graphic flashes up on the screen essentially denoting that Henry has had a bunch of chances but hasn't scored - 21 touches or something like that (I was surprised).

Then this happened:

ScaredPerfectFlyinglemur.gif

A scintillating strike with the outside of the boot and it just ROCKETS into that upper-corner. Let's see it again from a different angle:

HelplessWeightyEquine.gif

Then, as if it couldn't get any more horned, the young GOAT simply ascends before our eyes.

BigheartedDemandingComet.gif

Rages messages ensued. The next game, GOAT got a hat-trick (his first this year). I'll be posting the best of those three goals tomorrow. Until then....

2f6b499db8f3d54e2618f27dd1c59249.gyf

No love on my freaking EPIC Goat goals?!? Man, I felt soooooooo good finally dropping some bombs, couldn't wait to share it here on the forum....

Orison just has to rain on my parade, and you guys follow suit, eh?
  • Have been busy man. :)

Some great goals there. Keep it up.
  • James Libby
    7462 posts League Winner
    Have been busy man. :)

Some great goals there. Keep it up.

Haha, thanks man!