Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• Aarong222
    15391 posts Moderator
    More and more are now getting the game, expect prices to start rising
  • Tommygunn
    3136 posts National Call-Up
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    More and more are now getting the game, expect prices to start rising

Still think they’ll fluctuate with people unloading huge amounts of fp
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    more likely marquee matchups if they start up this week:

roma-lazio
    chelsea - liverpool
    madrid - atletico
    juve - napoli *we all remember juve's profit potential from last year. they have 7 golds this year with 83 or less rating, and only 4 are 80-82 rated. both GKs are 84, so goodbye to my favorite MM combo from last year szczesny - rugani haha
    club brugge - cercle brugge
    olympaicos - paok
    ny red bulls - atlanta fc

gonna take this time to get the league sbcs looked at. i think last year it was russia and mexico leagues to start but obviously no more russian league other than the teams in european competition. any speculation on who the first two will be?

havent got the game yet prob will get it tonight and open packs using some fifa points then do the starting sbcs (already did a coupleusing webapp and flipping some stuff but no pack luck yet)
  • Osinho89
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    ^^ Shanghai SIPG vs Beijing Guoan
  • Aarong222
    15391 posts Moderator
    Does anyone know the requirements from last year for week 1 MM's?
  • CeeQue
    10748 posts Has That Special Something
    Doea anyone have a calendar spreadsheet of games?
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    No MMs :'(
  • Derryboy1893
    edited September 2018
    Although I did here from lambo that we're not getting MMs today because at 7:77 pm Turin time we're getting start of an era Ronaldo sbc and Chinese league sbc
  • Aarong222
    15391 posts Moderator
    Why would we get an end of era Ronaldo?
  • Derryboy1893
    Why would we get an end of era Ronaldo?

Start of an era, but was a 110% sarcastic troll post
  • DeMolay145
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No MM. I laughed. Tbh the game isnt out yet.
  • Xenotime
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Are we expecting the old 83+ sbc with the release of otw's? There's a lot of 83/84 players you can pick up for few coins.
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Xenotime wrote: »
    Are we expecting the old 83+ sbc with the release of otw's? There's a lot of 83/84 players you can pick up for few coins.

Which SBC are you talking about? If you're talking about a guaranteed OTW we never get them for the Summer OTW, always with the winter.
  • daydreamer45
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dasco wrote: »
    Iyzo_ wrote: »
    What are we expecting the requirements for the Lucas POTM SBC’s to be? Similar to Mane’s last year? I’d imagine there are people that have slowly invested for this, what kind of things have you targetted etc..?

I've got a Lucas Moura, will possibly be extinct before the POTM is released. Either way he's going to shoot up whatever the requirements.
    Then I'm getting a BPL in form. Hopefully Xhaka as he's 84, so it helps with any rating problems for the squad.
    I think they might throw out an 83 rated random team as a requirement, maybe multiple nationalities and 60 chem or so to make it a little difficult.
    I do think needing Lucas is almost certain, but not sure whether in a Spurs team or separate, then a BPL team maybe 82 rated (they'll all rise then, but can't make prices go up too exponentially as there aren't enough cards to go around yet), and then finally I expect a Brazilian team 82 rated possibly 83, this card should cost 150-200k, but possibly get more expensive the longer you wait for him

I'm not sure if Lucas will be a requirement himself, guess it depends on how much of a buff his POTM receives.

I do think it'll be worthwhile having at least one high rated Spurs player that can be picked up at a cheap price. If they do a block requirement like they did loads of times last year, a lot of high rated BPL cards will almost be a sure-fire requirement.

I'm thinking Aldeweireld or Trippier would be some of the better Spurs options to invest in, or to at least have covered if you plan on doing the SBC.

Well I’m surprised you don’t think he’s definitely needed. He has to cost 100k+ really, not quite as popular as Mane but he should be central right? I think requiring him is a great way for them to drain some coins without taking too many cards out the market. I’ve managed to get IF Fraser, a 78 rated discard BPL team to fill spaces if needed for potm or MM, and an 80 rated Ligue 1 team with Gustavo and some PSG players. Going to sleep for 6 hours as i live in. China, then going to grind a few hours before I have work. Ps, i always used to follow your old threads, I’ve not been on for about a year, it’s sad how dead this place is now.

The good ole days eh?

I'm on the fence on whether he'll be a requirement itself. EA dropped the ball last year making Mane a mandatory requirement, although I did cover that possibility and made loads off him.

Lucas should still be a good investment regardless of whether he'll be needed for sbcs to be honest.

Out of interest, how many potm's last year needed a card of their own to sacrifice? I can only th in k of mane and Aguero, who needed an inform.

I'd still say it's worth picking up Aldeweirald, maybe trippier or davies, and some cheap high rated cards from PSG.

Edit - he should be a striker card as I think most his games were beside Kane? I wouldn't mind RW either, in fact I'd prefer it.

salah also need his card in order to do sbc
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Iyzo_ wrote: »
    What are we expecting the requirements for the Lucas POTM SBC’s to be? Similar to Mane’s last year? I’d imagine there are people that have slowly invested for this, what kind of things have you targetted etc..?

I've got a Lucas Moura, will possibly be extinct before the POTM is released. Either way he's going to shoot up whatever the requirements.
    Then I'm getting a BPL in form. Hopefully Xhaka as he's 84, so it helps with any rating problems for the squad.
    I think they might throw out an 83 rated random team as a requirement, maybe multiple nationalities and 60 chem or so to make it a little difficult.
    I do think needing Lucas is almost certain, but not sure whether in a Spurs team or separate, then a BPL team maybe 82 rated (they'll all rise then, but can't make prices go up too exponentially as there aren't enough cards to go around yet), and then finally I expect a Brazilian team 82 rated possibly 83, this card should cost 150-200k, but possibly get more expensive the longer you wait for him

I'm not sure if Lucas will be a requirement himself, guess it depends on how much of a buff his POTM receives.

I do think it'll be worthwhile having at least one high rated Spurs player that can be picked up at a cheap price. If they do a block requirement like they did loads of times last year, a lot of high rated BPL cards will almost be a sure-fire requirement.

I'm thinking Aldeweireld or Trippier would be some of the better Spurs options to invest in, or to at least have covered if you plan on doing the SBC.

Well I’m surprised you don’t think he’s definitely needed. He has to cost 100k+ really, not quite as popular as Mane but he should be central right? I think requiring him is a great way for them to drain some coins without taking too many cards out the market. I’ve managed to get IF Fraser, a 78 rated discard BPL team to fill spaces if needed for potm or MM, and an 80 rated Ligue 1 team with Gustavo and some PSG players. Going to sleep for 6 hours as i live in. China, then going to grind a few hours before I have work. Ps, i always used to follow your old threads, I’ve not been on for about a year, it’s sad how dead this place is now.

The good ole days eh?

I'm on the fence on whether he'll be a requirement itself. EA dropped the ball last year making Mane a mandatory requirement, although I did cover that possibility and made loads off him.

Lucas should still be a good investment regardless of whether he'll be needed for sbcs to be honest.

Out of interest, how many potm's last year needed a card of their own to sacrifice? I can only th in k of mane and Aguero, who needed an inform.

I'd still say it's worth picking up Aldeweirald, maybe trippier or davies, and some cheap high rated cards from PSG.

Edit - he should be a striker card as I think most his games were beside Kane? I wouldn't mind RW either, in fact I'd prefer it.

Yep, looks like he'll be a ST card. Second inform equivalent would make him 86 rated I believe.

Last year we saw only Mane require his regular card but he was 80k at the time (and rose to 180k). Of the other POTMs, they either required inform versions of themselves, or just high rated squads.

Personally I don't think Lucas will be required as he's just too cheap, so many people will have invested in him and it gives even the poorer guys a genuine chance to make a big profit - EA don't want this. For Mane it was a bit different, very few people could afford an 85k player just a few days into the game.

High-ish rated squads (Brazil, Ligue 1, PL) would have to be the most likely IMO. You'd expect him to be priced around the 120-180k range based on the prices of Aguero and Jesus - he'd probably be in the middle of those two.
    For those looking for pretty safe investments, guys like Naldo, Falcao, Otamendi are decent options who you wouldn't expect to lose coins on, no matter what the requirements are.

Definitely be cautious though as the OTW promo is coming. OTW Ronaldo means lots of packs will be opened, lots of FIFA points will be used and prices could fall for your investments if POTM isn't until the weekend
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Thinking of selling it all and investing in IF Cancelo of whom I believe is likely to be one of the best RB's in the game for some time, with a link to Ronaldo but at the same time I feel that Martial, Alba and Higuain will all rise in the coming days

Very risky, possible OTW card. His stats aren't that great either, not the best workrate, you want muscle on your RB. I've tried a good few wingbacks, Meunier has been the standout RB by a long shot. Strong with perfect high/high workrates, huge in game at 6"3" and he won't be getting done on back post crosses with his height advantage. Crossing is very good in Fifa 19, you want height and physical on your wingbacks.
  • MajorMash
    1261 posts Professional
    Made some investments for this POTM, spent an hour or so looking through the market and doing some sniping:
    Ben Davies - 26 @ 1.7k or lower
    Jonas - 5 @ 4.2k or lower
    Also have about 15 82-83 brazillians that were bought for 1.2-2k

I would imagine a prem squad with tottenham players, and a Brazilian squad, were the most likely to be in the SBC. I also grabbed a few higher rated PSG./Ligue 1 players
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    I've invested heavily in Ben Yedder. NIFs that receive inform cards on the 2nd week are normally very reliable investments.

I got 60 for around 4.5k each. I'd expect him to at least quadruple in price come q week's time, although I do need a compliant EA to update his price range once he goes extinct.

I wanted IF Hazard, although I think I've missed the boat on him now.

Edit: Just seen that Ben Yedder is over 7k now, that was quick :open_mouth:
  • Murf1985
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've invested heavily in Ben Yedder. NIFs that receive inform cards on the 2nd week are normally very reliable investments.

I got 60 for around 4.5k each. I'd expect him to at least quadruple in price come q week's time, although I do need a compliant EA to update his price range once he goes extinct.

I’m not saying your wrong but 16k would be a hell of a lot to pay when Gameiro is almost the same player. Good luck though!
  • CeeQue
    10748 posts Has That Special Something
    Murf1985 wrote: »

I’m not saying your wrong but 16k would be a hell of a lot to pay when Gameiro is almost the same player. Good luck though!

1 is almost a lock for IF so he won't be in packs hence why the jump in price.
  • Aarong222
    15391 posts Moderator
    Ben Yedder wont be 16k, you will easily double on that though
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    Ben Yedder wont be 16k, you will easily double on that though

Time will tell :)

Edit :- That IF Ben Yedder got a +3 in pace. :open_mouth: Hernandez will also be an insanely popular CB option.
  • Derryboy1893
    Anyone know anything about the bundes POTM rumours, can we expect that this year? Who are the front runners?
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just purchased IF Cancelo for 95K, i'm away for 2 weeks on holiday this weekend so wont be playing for 2 weeks , do you think this is a good investment , given his perfect link to Ronaldo?
  • A_Snipe
    1863 posts Play-Off Hero
    Surely iniesta would be a solid investment at 11k he’s 87 rated and Spanish central player. Only thing bad is the league but can link with a lot of la liga high rated
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    I'm at to whipping up a bunch of Fraser's, hopefully an inform is needed for POTM.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    Surely iniesta would be a solid investment at 11k he’s 87 rated and Spanish central player. Only thing bad is the league but can link with a lot of la liga high rated

Yeah over time he'll almost certainly rise. If prime icons/SBCs are similar to what we saw last year, then we'll see resting prices of roughly 10k for 85 rated / 18k for 86 rated / 25k for 87 rated / 35k for 88 rated. Might take a couple of weeks but the high rated guys are bound to rise.

For that same reason I rate players like Godin, Oblak, Kroos, Neuer etc for the time being. They'll either rise, or hold their value and you can use them in your teams for the next few weeks as well.

Just purchased IF Cancelo for 95K, i'm away for 2 weeks on holiday this weekend so wont be playing for 2 weeks , do you think this is a good investment , given his perfect link to Ronaldo?

Been well hyped up which can be dangerous, looks like a lot of people have a similar idea. Just remember that barely anyone will be able to afford CR7 for the next 1-2 months so he'll rarely be used for the CR7 link, but in fairness as Serie A's probably got the best defenders in the game he'll likely be used in general hybrids without Ronaldo. As a rare TOTW1 you wouldn't expect to see him fall in price unless he were to get a SIF though
  • Matnevesbra
    1099 posts Professional
    Best otw investments?
  • Aarong222
    15391 posts Moderator
    I reckon MM's moved to Thursdays
  • Aarong222
    15391 posts Moderator
    Completed the current set of SBC's with a big pull coming in the 50k pack

3ce1b5656536fbd905496cad8210387e.png