SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 1
    AFC AJAX v STURM GRAZ (AUT)
    2nd Qualifying Round UEFA Champions League, 1st leg

CRDGXJE.png

0Yz9dlW.png
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • Ashy
    9750 posts League Winner
    Strong start to the season, basically finish the 2 legged match in one game thanks to the 3-0 win, although I'd still play some key players in the second leg just to make sure you see it out. Looks like you dominated all over with that possession and the amount of shots you attempted is ridiculous!
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    How that only finished 3-0 is a mystery but the result virtually guarantee's you a spot in the next round so well done on a strong performance
  • Danimal5981
    2246 posts Fans' Favourite
    QOO0hb2.png
  • Stlducks
    1482 posts Professional
    Great start to the season, that match could have been 5-0 easily it seems. The manager hit the head with his thoughts on the second match. They will come out aggressive at home and go all out, which should leave plenty of attacking room for you.
  • Wyojasond
    11614 posts Has That Special Something
    Big time win. Team has a lot to prove still but a great start
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    I always update the stadium names, at least for all UEFA teams. But I discovered only yesterday that the official (non-commercial) name of Sturm Graz stadium is Lubenauer Stadion.

yku81H3.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 2
    STURM GRAZ (AUT) v AJAX
    2nd Qualifying Round UEFA Champions League, return

little type-o: Huntelaar's penalty was in the 45th minute, right before half time

CzLnvrl.png

bzONKKO.png
  • Danimal5981
    ZlRKvFp.png
  • Stlducks
    1482 posts Professional
    Fantastic win to advance. Some surprising stats, 14 of 16 shots on target and Sturm had 22 fouls!

I wonder if Neres wanted to take the penalty to secure his hattrick?
  • JoshDFC
    The team were more efficient this time and can be confident heading into the next round with Standard Liege
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    o9mUm8C.png
  • Danimal5981
    7tVKtf1.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 3
    Standard Liège v AJAX
    (3rd Qualifying Round UEFA Champions League)

KOPv6hD.png

aK7SUY0.png

GoDKbr4.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    UhhYayT.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    It is becoming obvious that this World Class level is rapidly becoming too easy.
    As of the next game, we go one level up (Legendary) and one minute per half shorter (9 minutes).

mu5G1nx.png
  • JoshDFC
    The team look excellent so far this season. As you say maybe your to good for World Class and it isn't as much as a challenge as anticipated or maybe your just in great form we will soon see
  • Wyojasond
    Maybe check out the Operation Sports sliders too. I’m scoring a lot right now as well and I’m on Legendary so I’m thinking instead of going up I’ll just try some new sliders.
  • Danimal5981
    Maybe check out the Operation Sports sliders too. I’m scoring a lot right now as well and I’m on Legendary so I’m thinking instead of going up I’ll just try some new sliders.

Done that: I've basically gone back to my FIFA 18 settings: Legendary, sliders at 40/60 in AI's favour. When even that would become to easy, we first shorten lengths per half and if that won't do, the final step is to go to Ultimate-level. So, there's still room for improvement, though FIFA games generally do not have a steep learning curve.
  • Danimal5981
    4cokKAB.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 4
    AJAX v Heracles Almelo
    (Eredivisie 2018/19, round 1 of 34)

dlp8wmG.png

3ZuMIH7.png

OFIsHGU.png
  • Danimal5981
    jwxOugZ.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    5STFRHy.png
  • Danimal5981
    e6ZgmaZ.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 5
    AJAX v Standard Liège (BEL)
    (3rd Qualifying Round UEFA Champions League, 2nd leg)

GesrOib.png

gwFCcTH.png

7FON2GW.png
  • Wyojasond

Done that: I've basically gone back to my FIFA 18 settings: Legendary, sliders at 40/60 in AI's favour. When even that would become to easy, we first shorten lengths per half and if that won't do, the final step is to go to Ultimate-level. So, there's still room for improvement, though FIFA games generally do not have a steep learning curve.

Don’t forget, the game just officially launched for a lot of people today. We’ll probably be getting the first patch soon....so who knows where gameplay will go after that.

In other news, those injuries are really starting to pile up. Ajax is going to need all the depth they have if they want a successful campaign.
  • JoshDFC
    Two much more even games on the new difficulty. Your keeper is now being called into action and the games are more even hopefully it makes it a little bit more challenging for you
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    Don’t forget, the game just officially launched for a lot of people today. We’ll probably be getting the first patch soon....so who knows where gameplay will go after that.

Good point... again. With FIFA 18 I had the sense (maybe I'm wrong) that these gameplay patches actually made the game slightly easier. I hope that won't be the case here. Ajax and PSV are supposed to dominate in the domestic league, but ought be equal to a little less than big opponents in Europe. So the customized Legendary level (as it currently is) feels good in that aspect.

• Danimal5981
    u7GfPGZ.png