OT: Xbox One X HDMI Problem

Hodgy
420 posts Sunday League Hero
I am wondering if anyone on here has had this problem and knows a fix?

I’ve had my new Xbox One X all of 4 days it was working fine. Then today after I finished a game I went to switch to the TV to watch the game. No HDMI signal detected! I have my Virgin box going into the HDMI in port which was working fine yesterday. Suddenly it’s stopped working, I’ve tried a reset, switching cables etc. Both my HDMI cables work fine with just the TV and the Virgin box, it’s the Xbox that’s the problem. Anyone know how to sort this? Or am I going to have to return the Xbox?

Comments

• BrentfordFC
    12293 posts Has That Special Something
    Are you putting it in the correct hdmi slot?
  • Hodgy
    edited September 2018
    Yes :D

It was working fine yesterday. I’d try to,live with it and just have a separate HDMI going from the Virgin box and my TV. The TV only has one 4K output though.
  • BrentfordFC
    12293 posts Has That Special Something
    Hodgy wrote: »
    Yes :D

It was working fine yesterday.

Had to eliminate the simplest thing :lol:

• Azof
    16762 posts World Class
    Have you tried it with another tv/monitor
  • Moiizer
    7035 posts Big Money Move
    Turn it off and unplug everything from xbox for 5 minutes. Go make a bro, drop the kids off at the pool etc and then plug back in.
  • Hodgy
    Azof wrote: »
    Have you tried it with another tv/monitor

Not yet. It’s a brand new monitor. As I said it’s also a brand new Xbox though, so that will be my next check. That and trying it with my old Xbox One.

• Hodgy
    I’ve done a bit of Googling and it seems I’m not the only one, that’s why I asked here in case someone knew a fix.
  • Azof
    16762 posts World Class
    Hodgy wrote: »
    I’ve done a bit of Googling and it seems I’m not the only one, that’s why I asked here in case someone knew a fix.

If you only bought it take it back, no point trying to sort it yourself and screwing the warranty
  • Hodgy wrote: »

It's happened to me before on my Xbox One S and on my brother's as well. It was the HDMI on the back of the Xbox which is the problem. I wiggled it a couple of times and if I push slightly to the right it would read it and then disappear if I let go.

After a couple of times it picked it up on my tv. This happened after switching my Xbox from different tvs. I'm not sure if it was the wiggle or it just takes some time for the tv to pick it up after switching from a different one.

The problem doesn't seem to happen anymore if I keep my HDMI cable plugged into the Xbox while moving it.
  • BcfcDale88
    3855 posts National Call-Up
    Was searching for the Xbox One X threads and this came up. Exactly the same thing has happened to me. 2 days brand new and it’s broke bit of a joke tbj
  • Hodgy
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    Was searching for the Xbox One X threads and this came up. Exactly the same thing has happened to me. 2 days brand new and it’s broke bit of a joke tbj
    Not exactly perfect but I just make sure my Xbox is turned off at the plug when not in use and it works every time now.