Early Access

tallarida
30 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited September 2018
So, I want to get early access to FIFA 19 (aka I want to buy the Champions Edition) on the Nintendo Switch. Since the Champions Edition is not listed on the Nintendo eShop (as far as I can tell), I´m considering buying it (digitally) on Amazon. I really want to be able to play FUT online on the 25th of September. Anyways, am I on the right track? Should I be buying this game digitally off of Amazon? I´m really worried about going through a 3rd party (Amazon), and actually getting early access.
Information that might be relevant:
- Currently in Peru
- Using the U.S. eShop
- Have a U.S. debit card
I would prefer to pick up a physical copy of the game on the 25th, but I´m not sure if that will be an option for me. Oh well.

Also, I would like to know: is it possible to "pre-download" FIFA 19 via Amazon? I mean, I know that if you buy the game via the Nintendo eShop, the game will automatically download (prior to the actual release) and then be made available ("unlocked") on the release date. It would be nice if that same feature was available through Amazon. Anybody know?
Post edited by tallarida on

Comments

• tallarida
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Okay so early release should be happening in 2 hours and all of a sudden the digital code for fifa 19 on the switch is no longer available on Amazon.... I'm only getting the champions mode for early access so if this doesn't end up getting release I'll be canceling my champions pre-order... very disappointed rn
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    473 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2018
    Same here... They changed the message on Amazon that the code would be available at 12:00 am US/PT of the 25th to 8:00 pm US/PT of the 28th a couple of hours after they charge my card for the game.

I mean, one of the main reasons that I pre order that version was the freaking early access... EA already mess with us a lot being Switch users... This is absurd...
  • sdub51
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    amazon, nintendo, EA or some combination of the three, screwed up the digital Champions edition ... when i contacted them all last night they all pointed fingers at the others

Anyway there were a ton of these available at best buy and target... i just got a physical copy this morning at 8 a.m.
  • sdub51 wrote: »
    amazon, nintendo, EA or some combination of the three, screwed up the digital Champions edition ... when i contacted them all last night they all pointed fingers at the others

Anyway there were a ton of these available at best buy and target... i just got a physical copy this morning at 8 a.m.

Had a very similar experience. Spent hours on the phone between the three at this point. Unfortunately, I don't want the physical copy of this game (personal preference). Still can't find a place selling this game digitally. Amazon, EA, and Nintendo all claim to have no idea where the game went. So aggravating.
  • @EA_Andy @EA_Cian Any light you can shed on this topic? Really out of options here...