The Semi-g00d FIFA 19 Experience

Comments

• Ventieeeeee
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Question:Are you guys playing with timed finishing on?
    I turned it off and just score more goals. I don't like the timed finishing it's almost a handicap at times.

I 'm playing with it on but I'm not using it , I might start to try some volleys and headers and the odd longshot with timed finishes as I think if I learn to time them right I may get some nice goals , if you are 1 v1 or have an open goal I would never use a timed finish though.

Online need to be lag free for it though.
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @dopetothemax I did 12k. Packed Sterling and Fred and a lot of other nonsense.

@Ventieeeeee hmmmmm can you do that in online play??? Might have to try it. Funny enough I lost against Semi Pro yesterday then won 3 divisions games.....lol.
    I have like 2.5 hrs left of access. Sucks.

In draft you could I haven't played rivals yet.

Your not using the access trick?
  • Finesse_4days
    7569 posts League Winner
    I turned it off and just score more goals. I don't like the timed finishing it's almost a handicap at times.

I 'm playing with it on but I'm not using it , I might start to try some volleys and headers and the odd longshot with timed finishes as I think if I learn to time them right I may get some nice goals , if you are 1 v1 or have an open goal I would never use a timed finish though.

@Ventieeeeee hmmmmm can you do that in online play??? Might have to try it. Funny enough I lost against Semi Pro yesterday then won 3 divisions games.....lol.

is it only possible to get unlimited time if you pre order?
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don't have access to my console for another month at least. Been trading on a second account just for fun, sucks with just a 30 spot transfer list though!
  • Finesse_4days
    7569 posts League Winner
    This is my team at the moment https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/28261
    442 is playing very well and the defence feels very solid I'd recommend all of the back 4 with Kimbembe being an absolute brick wall my next purchase will be promes LM and then after that Jordi alba.
  • Ventieeeeee
    edited September 2018

Yes have to be pre order

Very nice team :)
  • Orison
    49370 posts FIFA Cover Star

Yes have to be pre order

Not a semi noob myself, but no you don't have to pre-order.

I haven't and I already put 12-15 hours into the game (and still got 8 hours left).
  • Ugri
    6905 posts Big Money Move
    So got my 12k Fp and opened 9k of it and have this team:

gpjncGD.jpg

I only bought Kondogbia (think his price will rise even more as he is 20k limit now) Semedo and Lenglet. Rest were pulls.

Only pulled a few 84s, Benzema being 2nd to Rodrigo. ALso got a discard if anf Lingard and Herrera. WIll the bpl boys rise? right? How to improve with 18k
  • Ugri
    I also played 5 games, all SB. I see what you guys mean on legendary, 3 games were close, 1 i got ripped apart and 1 i was better. Overall 3 wins and 2 losses. What i noticed though if u loose on leegndary you almost get no points..wtf?? Maybe i try a world class game or professional .need coins as this RTG is hard :lol:
  • Ventieeeeee
    Orison wrote: »

Yes have to be pre order

Not a semi noob myself, but no you don't have to pre-order.

I haven't and I already put 12-15 hours into the game (and still got 8 hours left).

Oh ok my bad.
  • Ugri
    So i placed myself with 3w and 2l in div5 in rivals.

Also did the sbc where u get the rare mega pack and pulled Jesus!! Also vrsljko and 5k coins so very op pack.

I assume i keep Jesus and sell in 1st week of game is out right?

Also i have hererra and lingard from the 9k fp. Also sell later?

Kondogbia is extinct at 20k. Once his range is increased willhe drop??

Help guys :)
  • Finesse_4days
    7569 posts League Winner
    Ugri wrote: »
    So i placed myself with 3w and 2l in div5 in rivals.

Also did the sbc where u get the rare mega pack and pulled Jesus!! Also vrsljko and 5k coins so very op pack.

I assume i keep Jesus and sell in 1st week of game is out right?

Also i have hererra and lingard from the 9k fp. Also sell later?

Kondogbia is extinct at 20k. Once his range is increased willhe drop??

Help guys :)

he will drop for a day and then rise afterwards when the first weekend league starts I expect him to be 30k
  • Ventieeeeee
    Well I have used up all my 12k I got 84 as my highest rated 2 goal keepers :D

Did get williams and malcolm they seem very high priced for there rating.

i could make a team around them or should i sell now when they are still so high priced?
  • Ugri
    Is it just me?

Sb on legendary is like wtf?? Ai plays like its not even possible. Still manage to.win every 3rd game but frustrating....

Then played 2 in div5 and lost both but games were bs!

Passing is so.off, is it just me? Also shooting on 1vs1 is like impossible...

Dunno if i like this game so far...opionions guys?
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is it just me?

Sb on legendary is like wtf?? Ai plays like its not even possible. Still manage to.win every 3rd game but frustrating....

Agree that squad battles AI is no joke. Played 3 games on WC and I’m never going back. May play a few games on professional perhaps to get gold 1 rewards but that’s it.

As far as online, I’m enjoying it overall. There are definitely flaws. Shooting is broken at the moment. Near post corners are still very OP. AI defending is far too strong. But I like pretty much everything else. Came up against a front 4 of Auba, Salah, Dembele, and Deulofeu and he kept trying to spam long balls and it wasn’t working. I won 4-2 and his two goals came off of a silly error by me. I love that people can’t build that sort of team and be difficult to cover
  • krakos000
    17487 posts World Class
    Not too keen on how the dynamic tactics/tactics in general will work. If I use a 4231, would keeping the width on balanced be best?? I'm so confused :( obviously depth means how high up your team presses etc?
  • dopetothemax
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Not too keen on how the dynamic tactics/tactics in general will work. If I use a 4231, would keeping the width on balanced be best?? I'm so confused :( obviously depth means how high up your team presses etc?

Yeah depth is in regard to how high up the field or sat deep your back line and CDMs would be. As for width, you gotta mess around with it to see the effect in game. If you like attacking down the wings, put it a bit wider, more narrow for attacking up the gut. Move the sliders up for a few games and then back down for another few and watch for the differences.
  • krakos000
    17487 posts World Class

Yeah depth is in regard to how high up the field or sat deep your back line and CDMs would be. As for width, you gotta mess around with it to see the effect in game. If you like attacking down the wings, put it a bit wider, more narrow for attacking up the gut. Move the sliders up for a few games and then back down for another few and watch for the differences.

I mean width for defense. I have it set on press after loss of possession and it seemed to help a lot, making my team feel less passive which was nice. I think tomorrow I'll set up the game plans like you were telling me and try a few of those out(swapping formations etc)
  • Ventieeeeee
    Is it just me?

Played 4 games on SB legendary and decided I'm not gonna bother this year. The AI just cheats and it wasn't fun at all. Was bored in the 4th game and quit at 0-0 :D

Online this game seems chaotic so much random stuff happening that feels out off my control.
    The placement games I used to try out different formations and tactics W2 D1 L2 got into division 6 with 1196. Mainly focusing on my defense because that was really bad and I think I'm going the right direction. I have slowed my game down a lot, with defending I don't try to manual tackle any more the auto tackling is crazy this game. More OP then in fifa 18.

Played 1 game in division 6 and it was the first game I was in total control off the game. I'm now in division 5 and the system fut rivals looks very good. Win or lose you get something. It takes the pressure off. Best addition this year.

Today I play more rivals and try different formations. I want to give this game a good try but in my head I feel that when black out comes out and the game stays like this I won't be playing much off fifa.
  • dopetothemax

I mean width for defense. I have it set on press after loss of possession and it seemed to help a lot, making my team feel less passive which was nice. I think tomorrow I'll set up the game plans like you were telling me and try a few of those out(swapping formations etc)

Yeah man go for it. It’s mad fun. Going 3421 with Constant Pressure and pinning your opponent in when they’re sat deep is so satisfying lol
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    I haven't even got the full game as yet.

But, the last thing I'd be expecting, is to beat the AI on WC or better, with 'starter' teams within the first few days. That's the good thing about a new version - getting to grips with the changes.
  • Ugri
    Is it just me?

Played 4 games on SB legendary and decided I'm not gonna bother this year. The AI just cheats and it wasn't fun at all. Was bored in the 4th game and quit at 0-0 :D

Online this game seems chaotic so much random stuff happening that feels out off my control.
    The placement games I used to try out different formations and tactics W2 D1 L2 got into division 6 with 1196. Mainly focusing on my defense because that was really bad and I think I'm going the right direction. I have slowed my game down a lot, with defending I don't try to manual tackle any more the auto tackling is crazy this game. More OP then in fifa 18.

Played 1 game in division 6 and it was the first game I was in total control off the game. I'm now in division 5 and the system fut rivals looks very good. Win or lose you get something. It takes the pressure off. Best addition this year.

Today I play more rivals and try different formations. I want to give this game a good try but in my head I feel that when black out comes out and the game stays like this I won't be playing much off fifa.

I also played Rivals this afternoon. 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. overall am at rank III in division 5 close to div 4

I might push to rank II as awards look great.

Will stop sb at g3, wanted to get tp e;ite but even on professional its not fun..
  • Ugri

But, the last thing I'd be expecting, is to beat the AI on WC or better, with 'starter' teams within the first few days. That's the good thing about a new version - getting to grips with the changes.

AGree but it is different this fut, AI is just like a god...it does things that are not possible...a challenge is good but this...
  • Orison

AGree but it is different this fut, AI is just like a god...it does things that are not possible...a challenge is good but this...

Wait until you experience the random game in which the AI is bumped up to ultimate despite you selecting legendary.

Never seen stuff like that :joy:
  • Ugri

Wait until you experience the random game in which the AI is bumped up to ultimate despite you selecting legendary.

i had it in a professional game :lol: I though i would play SB first few weeks but nope...rather play rivals
  • Orison

i had it in a professional game :lol: I though i would play SB first few weeks but nope...rather play rivals

I honestly thought Nepenthez was talking trash when he complained about random games suddenly being ultimate...then I played last nights set.

All 4 games set to legendary, 4-0 win, 4-0 win, 5-0 win, 3-0 loss. 60+% possession in 3 games, then 35% in the 4th. 90+% pass accuracy in 3 games, then 78% in the 4th.

The AI also passed quicker than I could react, basically every pass was fast as a driven pass, but 100% accurate at the same time. People can talk gameplans and different AI tactics all they want, but I didn't completely forget how to play in the space of 3mins :joy:
  • mjs4p
    11092 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m enjoying most of the gameplay so far, but how on earth do I get my fullbacks to stay back?! I’m constantly getting countered with my fullbacks caught way up the field. I already have them instructed to stay back. I’m playing 4-3-2-1 most of the time.
  • Absting159
    6950 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    I completely agree with you guys. AI seems stupidly OP this year. I've been pumping Division Rivals - as the rewards FAR exceed that of SB.

I got placed in Div 5 and I've won about 6 games of 10 and am 1 win from Rank II which has sick rewards.

Rank 2
    130 FC Points
    44000 Coins

130 FC Points
    1 Rare Players Packs
    1 Mega

130 FC Points
    2 Mega Packs - Untradeable
    2 Rare Players Packs - Untradeable

I think with a full tradepile of NIFs, I'm going untradeable for SBC banter and maybe a luck pull to build around.

Is that similar to other Divisions?
  • Absting159
    6950 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018

I honestly thought Nepenthez was talking trash when he complained about random games suddenly being ultimate...then I played last nights set.

All 4 games set to legendary, 4-0 win, 4-0 win, 5-0 win, 3-0 loss. 60+% possession in 3 games, then 35% in the 4th. 90+% pass accuracy in 3 games, then 78% in the 4th.

The AI also passed quicker than I could react, basically every pass was fast as a driven pass, but 100% accurate at the same time. People can talk gameplans and different AI tactics all they want, but I didn't completely forget how to play in the space of 3mins :joy:

Yep, this happened last year too. Random SB games the AI played far better than the setting you were on. It came down to, when the AI decided to score you absolutely couldn't get the ball back and inevitably they would put a goal in. It made SB very frustrating.
  • Ventieeeeee
    Yes rivals is the game mode for me. I enjoy it, I'm playing people at my level to learn the game and getting good rewards for it. This gamemode is saving fifa for me at the moment.
  • Ugri
    I completely agree with you guys. AI seems stupidly OP this year. I've been pumping Division Rivals - as the rewards FAR exceed that of SB.

I got placed in Div 5 and I've won about 6 games of 10 and am 1 win from Rank II which has sick rewards.

Rank 2
    130 FC Points
    44000 Coins

130 FC Points
    1 Rare Players Packs
    1 Mega

130 FC Points
    2 Mega Packs - Untradeable
    2 Rare Players Packs - Untradeable

I think with a full tradepile of NIFs, I'm going untradeable for SBC banter and maybe a luck pull to build around.

Is that similar to other Divisions?

Ill also try rank II but only have like an hour on early access so dont think i will get there

What rewards would u take? I guess the tradable or coins only right?
This discussion has been closed.