UT Player base

I never played fifa 18 on the switch last year and was thinking about picking up fifa 19 on it this year but I am a bit worried about how ultimate team will play out.

Is the population going to be big enough for it to be enjoyable and easy to get matches on ultimate team? I just am worried about dropping the money on it only for it to be a dead market and no players in the higher divisions.

Comments

• Solari
    1829 posts Play-Off Hero
    You will get matches fine but the lack of content on 18 was pretty bad. I’m not getting 19 on switch
  • I don't care about the additional stuff, I only ever play divisions and seasons. I am more concerned about getting games above division 3 and the market being really empty/expensive.
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    473 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I always find matches fast during FUT 18 on Switch. I even play a couple of Division 1 matches today in Online Seasons. If you don't have problems missing WL and Squad Battles, this version of FIFA is for you.
  • sdub51
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    it was hard to find matches in FUT during the WC mode ... after that cooled off it was easy again
  • Thanks for the info, that's good to know. What's the market like?
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    edited September 2018
    The prices are a little higher compared to other consoles, but you can find any player you like.
  • sdub51
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The prices are a little higher compared to other consoles, but you can find any player you like.

well i would be careful here... there are some cards that are very very rare on nintendo switch. Examples - 88 Josef Martinez - never in our market; 89 Robben - never in our market; 83 Kreilach - never in our market. TOTY Ronaldo appeared once and sold for like 8 millon coins. 95 Pele appeared once and sold for about the same. There are some prime icons that i never saw in our market - 93 Gullit, 94 Ronaldinho, 94 Maldini just to name a few examples ...
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    Yeah, that's right. It's a large player base, and se missed a few. I really wanted that 88 Josef, but I think that nobody was opening packs then. Let's hope for better treatment in the second year.
  • simply by looking at our small discord community only handful of people are planning on getting fifa19 on switch. most switching (haha LOL) to other platform to expirience REAL fifa19 with all the features.
    it worries me a lot as well since I'm the one of those who still plans to get it on switch and I care only about FUT.
  • fusionlab
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2018
    I’m praying that EA have finally implemented Daily/Weekly challenges on Switch this time round. Otherwise I fear that the UT transfer market will be restrictive again, just like in FIFA 18 where players were expensive or just not available to buy. Has anyone seen anything about this feature coming to Switch? I sure haven’t, but I pre-ordered it anyway.
  • tallarida
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    fusionlab wrote: »
    I’m praying that EA have finally implemented Daily/Weekly challenges on Switch this time round. Otherwise I fear that the UT transfer market will be restrictive again, just like in FIFA 18 where players were expensive or just not available to buy. Has anyone seen anything about this feature coming to Switch? I sure haven’t, but I pre-ordered it anyway.

I pre-ordered it too, but I´m pretty much just expecting the market to be dead.
  • tallarida wrote: »

Did you play fifa 18 on switch?

I really want to play this one on switch, I don't plan on ever having Messi and Ronaldo but I hope I can have a decentish team and am able to buy squad fitness and stuff without it being a total joke.
  • tallarida
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Joewut wrote: »
    tallarida wrote: »

Did you play fifa 18 on switch?

I really want to play this one on switch, I don't plan on ever having Messi and Ronaldo but I hope I can have a decentish team and am able to buy squad fitness and stuff without it being a total joke.

I played 18 for ps4 since it came out. I recently bought a switch and fifa 18 (less than a month ago). It's hard to find games and the market is lacking. That's been my experience at least. I'm gonna have fun with it tho so it's whatever.
  • RealKuxuxu
    41 posts Park Captain
    I have played Fifa 18 on the switch since it was released and I can assure you I will not buy Fifa 19. Not that I don't love the game - I do - but I play FUT mainly. In this option you only get divisions and tournaments. Tournaments are always dead, but divisions will be good fun. However...there is lack of content regarding the cards available and many SBCs that you would have on other console (icons, rest of the world, etc) and, the most important...the market. Its way more expensive to get a top player - really, no comparison between other platforms and, like other user said, you simple can't find a player you want. It´s still a very small community, which means there will be less people opening packs and pack luck is the same as always.. I give you my personal experience. It costed me so many days and hours trading, after spending more than 2k euros on Fifa points that no way I'm willing to do so on next year. I never managed ti put my hands on a 99 Suarez, a prime gullit, tots Ronaldo or other top players because even if you have the coins - and we are speaking about price ranges that are unreal - they simply don't pop up in the market. There also will be no web app. So, if you are not playing FUT I'd say go get the game. Otherwise, if you are like me and want the best of the best squad, prepare to "marry" the switch, you need to be rich and quit your job :) For me, I will keep playing 18 and I believe many users will still do.
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    its a small community so EA should up the pack weights