Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• First MMs will be tuesday I think
  • Murf1985
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is there some rumour about a POTM SBC. I bought Lucas for 7k two hours ago and he’s up to 10k now. Also Schmeichel has jumped from 2.2k to nearly 4K.
  • Murf1985 wrote: »
    Is there some rumour about a POTM SBC. I bought Lucas for 7k two hours ago and he’s up to 10k now. Also Schmeichel has jumped from 2.2k to nearly 4K.

Its no rumour, we will have a POTM SBC next friday

Some are speculating it to be today
  • Mc_chigby
    708 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Murf1985 wrote: »

Surely releasing in next week when nearly in October and OTW released, would be late but its EA so no idea
  • Murf1985

Yeah, sorry I knew there’s one coming I meant tonight but obviously it’s not coming now today.
  • Dasco
    6477 posts Big Money Move
    If I remember correctly, they released POTM Mane (the August POTM 2017) on release day.

I may be wrong however, so someone will need to verify the above.
  • pedro___
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dasco wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, they released POTM Mane (the August POTM 2017) on release day.

You are right.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/310868/potm-mane-sbc-is-out
  • Dasco
    pedro___ wrote: »

You are right.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/310868/potm-mane-sbc-is-out

That was a good day. Got like 4 Mane's for 80K each and sold them on not too much later for 230k or so. :lol:
  • Aarong222
    15402 posts Moderator
    For those wondering how to start, All I have done is SBC's and imo only had moderate luck. I have this so far and am now clearing out my squad and believe I will hit about 40k when done on top of this

2b89271d1e0da66a27f3a9f1e561e59a.png
  • Aarong222
    15402 posts Moderator
    Thinking of selling it all and investing in IF Cancelo of whom I believe is likely to be one of the best RB's in the game for some time, with a link to Ronaldo but at the same time I feel that Martial, Alba and Higuain will all rise in the coming days
  • Dasco
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    Thinking of selling it all and investing in IF Cancelo of whom I believe is likely to be one of the best RB's in the game for some time, with a link to Ronaldo but at the same time I feel that Martial, Alba and Higuain will all rise in the coming days

I'd agree with that man. Will be a similar situation to IF Valencia from last year if you ask me. Think he's 50k atm?

Was saying to someone earlier that he may slightly dip, however once folk have coins in a week or twos time, he'll rise massively.
  • Aarong222
    15402 posts Moderator
    It's that time of the year again with FIFA 19 literally just around the corner it's time for my yearly thread. With special items looking to take a bigger role in FIFA 19 already whats better than to make some early coins? Feel free to share anything you think is relevant and I can incorporate it into this post of which I will be keeping updated this year: :flushed:

Here is what is believed to be the OTW items incoming with the players featuring being those in a video which EA released.

1536872278915.jpg

With the market becoming scarce of these players while the OTW items are out the more popular ones are likely to increase in price.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for lost coins, this is my personal stance on the market

• JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move

I'd agree with that man. Will be a similar situation to IF Valencia from last year if you ask me. Think he's 50k atm?

Was saying to someone earlier that he may slightly dip, however once folk have coins in a week or twos time, he'll rise massively.

He's quite likely to get a OTW so it's a risk. Cancelo, Vrsaljiko and Arias are the only RBs that I can think of that made high profile moves this summer.
  • Murf1985
    JamieT96 wrote: »

He's quite likely to get a OTW so it's a risk. Cancelo, Vrsaljiko and Arias are the only RBs that I can think of that made high profile moves this summer.

Ricardo Pereira also. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get in being pacey and premier league.
  • Foldsea
    1146 posts Professional
    I think Cancelo could be realy good but very risky, Valencia was imo a special case, the best RB in most popular league(some say walker) no SIF, no other IF that was near his caliber.

Cancelo could get OTW , could get SIF, and there is probably around 5 RB in Serie A with similar caliber to Cancelo.
    And somebody mentioned the link to Ronaldo, how do you link them together ? did i missunderstand it?
  • Foldsea wrote: »
    I think Cancelo could be realy good but very risky, Valencia was imo a special case, the best RB in most popular league(some say walker) no SIF, no other IF that was near his caliber.

Cancelo could get OTW , could get SIF, and there is probably around 5 RB in Serie A with similar caliber to Cancelo.
    And somebody mentioned the link to Ronaldo, how do you link them together ? did i missunderstand it?

by converting ronaldo to cdm/cm.
  • Foldsea
    1146 posts Professional
    ok, thats pro stuff, nothing for me. But i understand now. Thanks.

• Aarong222
    15402 posts Moderator
    I dont think Cancelo will be a OTW
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Ricardo Pereira also. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get in being pacey and premier league.

Oh yeah completely forgot about him.
  • Dasco

I don't think so either, although if he does, then yeah it's definitely going to impact his potential profit margin in the short term. The majority of OTW's should be mids & attackers.

It's extremely rare for fullbacks to get multiple informs, unless they're a serial goalscorer. I don't think Cancelo matches that criteria.
    Foldsea wrote: »

I have to disagree with your point. Serie A was very commonly used amongst pro players last year, especially defensive players like Manolas. Cancelo has pace, good defensive stats, 4* skills and as mentioned previously, links to the best NIF player in the game and top tier players including icons in the game.

I can't think of 5 RB's that are anywhere near IF Cancelo, apart from maybe Florenzi, however Cancelo is still better.
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    Already bought so many silver players from the SBC' leagues lol man they were going for 200 coins buy now when the web app came out I took advantage of that. They might be expensive now I didn't check. I'm excited for the game to come out now
  • Edward220967
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    As long as Lambo doesn’t make an appearance :o

Well, he's back.
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    :D :D :D I'm so excited for the game tbh I know you guys missed me I just had to wait until the game almost comes out I wonder what's gonna be the first 2 league SBC's but I'm gonna say it's gonna be Ligue 1 and Chinese League
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018

Well, he's already a OTW player.

u5wlyV7.png

These cards are dynamic, they'll upgrade. It's safe to say that it is a OTW card.

I can barley see the Juve logo though...would be nice if they change it to white so we can see it just like my forum picture
  • Edward220967
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lambo91 wrote: »
    :D :D :D I'm so excited for the game tbh I know you guys missed me I just had to wait until the game almost comes out I wonder what's gonna be the first 2 league SBC's but I'm gonna say it's gonna be Ligue 1 and Chinese League

Yeah I bet everyone really missed you. Can't wait for the 'we'll get 3 league sbc's at 3:19AM on the 21th of November' predictions again
  • Edward220967
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero

u5wlyV7.png

These cards are dynamic, they'll upgrade. It's safe to say that it is a OTW card.

This is not a OTW tho, it's a CL card. There are actual OTW cards (Ronaldo for example) on futhead already.
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero

u5wlyV7.png

This is not a OTW tho, it's a CL card. There are actual OTW cards (Ronaldo for example) on futhead already.

CL cards still upgrade though right? just like the OTW cards. We will reach the final so this CL card is a great investment if you want a beast RB
  • Edward220967
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero

u5wlyV7.png

CL cards still upgrade though right? just like the OTW cards. We will reach the final so this CL card is a great investment if you want a beast RB

We don't exactly know how the CL cards will work but they seem to be dynamic. Every CL card has got a +1 upgrade (overall and in every stat I think) so far.
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018

u5wlyV7.png

We don't exactly know how the CL cards will work but they seem to be dynamic. Every CL card has got a +1 upgrade (overall and in every stat I think) so far.

Those CL cards will be available when tournament stages start. I have no doubt about my team. We will reach the final. JUVE JUVE JUVE JUVE JUVE JUUVEEEEEEEEE JUUUUUUUVEEEEEEEEE!!!! FORZA JUVE!!!!!
  • Edward220967
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018

u5wlyV7.png

Those CL cards will be available when group stages start. I have no doubt about my team. We will reach the final. JUVE JUVE JUVE JUVE JUVE JUUVEEEEEEEEE JUUUUUUUVEEEEEEEEE!!!! FORZA JUVE!!!!!

That's a lot of confidence. Good luck with that. The cards will probably be out on the 25th because people who pre-ordered the champions or ultimate edition will get a CL player pick( 80-83) and I guess you'll get them as soon as you start your game.