No web app?

I've been really excited to finally get a switch version with relative parity with the other consoles - but it looks like no division rivals, no fut champs and now no web app either. Why? We're paying the same price, I can't understand why the game is so different? it's embarrassing that a company as big as ea can't make this happen. They should drop the pretence that it's the same game.

Comments

  • sdub51
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    and the login notification says we can log in to the Web App to claim rewards
  • sdub51
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i sent a dm to at @EA_Cian hopefully he is able to shed some light on this issue
  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    sdub51 wrote: »
    and the login notification says we can log in to the Web App to claim rewards

    Hi - do you have a screenshot of where it's telling you to go into the web app? Did you play on a different console last year?
  • Kyle89
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2018
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    sdub51 wrote: »
    and the login notification says we can log in to the Web App to claim rewards

    Hi - do you have a screenshot of where it's telling you to go into the web app? Did you play on a different console last year?
    @EA_Andy
    Is in spanish, but...it says the same. I played FUT18 on Nintendo Switch.

    DnfCGy0X4AEmsGL.jpg
  • EA_Andy wrote: »
    sdub51 wrote: »
    and the login notification says we can log in to the Web App to claim rewards

    Hi - do you have a screenshot of where it's telling you to go into the web app? Did you play on a different console last year?

    Hi @EA_Andy - can you confirm 100% that Switch don't get Div rivals, Fut Champs & webapp, also that we don't get player pick..? If not, will they be added? Presume no Squad Battles too? So what is there on the switch version..?

    Thanks
  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    Kyle89 wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    sdub51 wrote: »
    and the login notification says we can log in to the Web App to claim rewards

    Hi - do you have a screenshot of where it's telling you to go into the web app? Did you play on a different console last year?
    @EA_Andy
    Is in spanish, but...it says the same. I played FUT18 on Nintendo Switch.

    DnfCGy0X4AEmsGL.jpg

    You're seeing that screenshot on a Nintendo Switch playing FIFA 18 or 19?

    Not 100% on those other questions - I'll have to try and find out. My assumption would be if they're not there from the start they're unlikely to get added.
  • Kyle89
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2018
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Kyle89 wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    sdub51 wrote: »
    and the login notification says we can log in to the Web App to claim rewards

    Hi - do you have a screenshot of where it's telling you to go into the web app? Did you play on a different console last year?
    @EA_Andy
    Is in spanish, but...it says the same. I played FUT18 on Nintendo Switch.

    DnfCGy0X4AEmsGL.jpg

    You're seeing that screenshot on a Nintendo Switch playing FIFA 18 or 19?

    Not 100% on those other questions - I'll have to try and find out. My assumption would be if they're not there from the start they're unlikely to get added.
    @EA_Andy
    Yes, FIFA18 for Nintendo Switch.
    FIFA19 will launch for Nintendo Switch on September 25.
  • @EA_Andy It would be good to know about those features. At the moment it looks like we're paying the same price for a sub-par experience. I could accept it last year as a new console with an uncertain market but for a second year it's not good enough.
  • Dondada
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2018
    @EA_Andy just to help clarify the situation, here is a picture of the same message in English on my Nintendo Switch playing FIFA 18

    http://imgur.com/Qw5Hr2X (incase the image doesn't show up, I'm new here)
  • sdub51
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    yep i can confirm 100% that the intro notification tells us to log in to the Web App for rewards, then when we try to login to Web App it says "unavailable on Nintendo Switch"
  • Gingerboaby83
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @EA_Andy would be great if we could have it. I use it more on Xbox than I did the console.
  • @EA_Andy
    Hi Andy since you are here and reading all this and can ask DEVs, can we please also clarify whether we are getting any of the following gameplay improvements that has been implemented on other platforms in FIFA19:
    - improved 50/50 battle (the way game decide who can gets the ball first when the ball is not in possession);
    - active touch;
    - dynamic tactics;
    - GK control.

    Not related to game play but also would be nice to know regarding FUT:
    - player pick packs
    - weekly / daily objectives and if not what is going to happen an if there is plan to help us with SBCs when it requires to finish one of the objectives (Pirlo SBC last year)
    - also during TOTY season players on other platforms could get low rated but still TOTY cards (by doing objectives) for their TOTY SBCs - what about us?

    Thanks.

    offtopic but what are you guys at EA hoping for - no demo, no new features at all (nobody cares about kick off mode), no improvements, no new ways of earning cards / packs. and we still have to pay the same amount for the game. fifa points cost even more on nintendo shop for me.
    Best regards,.
  • This is the screenshot I get from the app, the same message I got last year.HEO4ajw.jpg
  • My experience as well; played FUT 18 on the Switch and I can't sign in to the web app either. I've mined the internet for any official word about whether the feature would be available but found nothing whatsoever from EA or any third-party source.

    I also completely agree with cheesemeup above; we're being asked to pay the same for less content, not to mention an old game engine (i.e. non-Frostbite). The Switch version is missing key, immensely popular features like The Journey and the web app/companion app yet it costs the same as all the other versions. That's not to mention the web app provides key FUT functionality that lets players get started early yet if you're on Switch you're out of luck. The Switch community is already tiny as compared to the other consoles; junk like this just further drives people away.
  • sdub51
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No Web App for Switch.. check the apple App Store description ...

    The FIFA 19 Companion app requires you to have an EA Account, a copy of FIFA 19, and a FIFA Ultimate Team™ Club. PlayStation®3, Xbox 360™ and Nintendo Switch Accounts are not supported in the FIFA Companion App.
  • Yep I can confirm the iOS app does not work with the Switch version of FIFA 19. Bummer.

    @EA_Andy this is really disappointing news. I could accept FIFA 18 not having this feature as it was a new game on a new platform, but there is no excuse for FIFA 19 to suffer the same fate. Are daily/weekly challenges included this time round, because their absence killed the transfer market on FIFA 18 for Switch?
  • tallarida
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Need the webapp
  • @EA_Andy It would be good to get a response as to why the switch version differs so drastically to other versions. I'm now worried that the game will not have the same gameplay as the PS4 / Xbox / PC versions and will probably be a reskin of FIFA 18.

    It would be good to get some information on this, if this is the case I don't think EA can really justify charging the same price as those consoles or as even marketing it as the same game. Is there going to be any more information?
  • cheesemeup wrote: »
    @EA_Andy It would be good to get a response as to why the switch version differs so drastically to other versions. I'm now worried that the game will not have the same gameplay as the PS4 / Xbox / PC versions and will probably be a reskin of FIFA 18.

    It would be good to get some information on this, if this is the case I don't think EA can really justify charging the same price as those consoles or as even marketing it as the same game. Is there going to be any more information?

    What cheesmeup said, entirely.
  • Ok, so having read this reviewhttps://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/09/25/fifa-19-switch-review it looks like the Switch version is missing almost everything.

    I can accept lower quality graphics but just can't understand the neglect for this console which has sold 20 million-ish units in 18 months, a console which EA expects will reach parity with XBOX One for lifetime sales by the end of the year.

    I suppose the issue probably comes from the Switch version being made at a different studio. @EA_Andy is this true? Can you give us some information about this?
  • iSgher
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    Is it possible to know if there will be a future implementation of the webapp/companion app or something to manage fut market? @EA_Andy
    Post edited by iSgher on
  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    iSgher wrote: »
    Is it possible to know if there will be a future implementation of the webapp/companion app or something to manage fut market? @EA_Andy

    At the moment I don't have any info as to whether this might be implemented in the future. If that changes we'll be sure to let you know - usually through places like our Twitter account.
  • JoaoJC
    9 posts Ball Boy
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    iSgher wrote: »
    Is it possible to know if there will be a future implementation of the webapp/companion app or something to manage fut market? @EA_Andy

    At the moment I don't have any info as to whether this might be implemented in the future. If that changes we'll be sure to let you know - usually through places like our Twitter account.

    Thanks
Sign In or Register to comment.