FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    Alastair wrote: »
    https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2018/fifa-19-career-mode-most-authentic

That’s the new CM changed. What does everyone think?
    'Budgets and other money-related matters in Career Mode have been changed, added, or revamped for FIFA 19, starting with fixed budget carryover. Now, saving transfer money in a season will give you a bigger transfer budget the following season.' ... Thank god. Once I won the league title with Newport in my career I've received more than £100M as prize money for the season. My transfer budget for the next season has than been £5M higher than before :D
    I didn't read anything about the new player loan system? More flexible loans should be possible with buy options etc as I heard?

Btw isn't anybody tempted to play and test the Chinese league in CM? I think about doing a fun CM within the Chinese league for myself. They've got huge transfer budgets and if they really implemented the new negotiations systems well it should be fun negotiating with big players. Money vs. fame..
  • Ashy
    8410 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    I think the loan change they did is lets say you are Bayern and you buy Lofus Cheek in the summer window for 15m, you can then instantly put him up for loan instead of waiting until the January window, same goes for youth academy players you have signed, no need to wait a year to loan them out
  • Wyojasond
    9440 posts League Winner
    That is all super encouraging. Like I’ve said before, I don’t need a ton of new changes to career mode every year but they needed to fix and improve on things they have in place already and this all sounds like they addressed a ton of the ones I hated about 18.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    I like the changes. I've always been a huge FIFA fan, even with its flaws. I never expect a perfect game but have always wanted better tactics and better transfers so these changes are perfect.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    From what I've heard, all the under the hood work on career mode is really good, especially with quality of life changes
  • WestardLord
    1091 posts Professional
    MLS is still underdeveloped in this game but it's still better represented than it ever has been.

Unique match graphics, lots of new faces, good looking kits. Now if they'd only get American commentators in there ...

The team at EA that does all the art deserves a lot of credit because they've singlehandedly sold the game to me. Probably wouldn't enjoy CM as much if it didnt look so good.
  • Danimal5981
    2002 posts Fans' Favourite
    It. looks. marvelous (premium version is up)
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Some good improvements by the sound of it.
  • Virtual_K
    1574 posts Play-Off Hero
    MLS is still underdeveloped in this game but it's still better represented than it ever has been.

Unique match graphics, lots of new faces, good looking kits. Now if they'd only get American commentators in there ...

The team at EA that does all the art deserves a lot of credit because they've singlehandedly sold the game to me. Probably wouldn't enjoy CM as much if it didnt look so good.

Do you know if FIFA 19 fixed the MLS playoff bracket back to 12 teams instead of 10? Thinking of skipping this version except the addition of LAFC has got me reconsidering, and if they fixed the playoff bracket.
  • Alastair
    9424 posts Moderator
    Virtual_K wrote: »

Do you know if FIFA 19 fixed the MLS playoff bracket back to 12 teams instead of 10? Thinking of skipping this version except the addition of LAFC has got me reconsidering, and if they fixed the playoff bracket.

According to this thread it has been fixed.
  • Chris
    Im hoping be a goalkeeper mode is better this year with the new AI
  • Chris
    If I put Sunderland in L2, when they get back to the Prem will they get PL badges? I'm just worried about whether switching leagues will affect it
  • Wyojasond
    9440 posts League Winner
    Chris wrote: »
    If I put Sunderland in L2, when they get back to the Prem will they get PL badges? I'm just worried about whether switching leagues will affect it

It sounds like as long as you promote to the PL you get the badge. So I would guess you’d be fine.
  • Alastair
    9424 posts Moderator

Maybe test it by moving a foreign club to the PL.
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018

@Chris YES. The sleeves, like kit numbers and kit names are now instantly changeable. Depending on which league you play, the badges change accordingly (not just England, by the way).
  • Alastair
    9424 posts Moderator
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/408825/asian-champions-league-asia-continental-cup#latest

An Asian CM could be an interesting option this year now there is an Asian CL.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite

Yes.

As an added bonus, if they stay in League 2 you'll make a Greenman happy
  • Danimal5981
    assuming he doesn't mean Poland with PL...., ow wait :blush:
  • Wyojasond
    9440 posts League Winner
    Played a few hours today and loving the mechanics of the new game. Ball seems a bit heavy at times, but much more realistic than the last few years. Not sure how long it will last, as pace abusers and ping pong passers are going to HATE this current game.

On another note, I’m debating if I should start my story or wait for the full release. I’ve seen quite a few people say that notall the transfers have been correctly moved yet. Maybe I’ll just use this for a test run and start with the full release next week.
  • Alastair
    9424 posts Moderator
    Played a few hours today and loving the mechanics of the new game. Ball seems a bit heavy at times, but much more realistic than the last few years. Not sure how long it will last, as pace abusers and ping pong passers are going to HATE this current game.

On another note, I’m debating if I should start my story or wait for the full release. I’ve seen quite a few people say that notall the transfers have been correctly moved yet. Maybe I’ll just use this for a test run and start with the full release next week.

The squad file came out last night UK time so if you use latest squads now it’ll be fine. :)
  • Wyojasond
    9440 posts League Winner

The squad file came out last night UK time so if you use latest squads now it’ll be fine. :)

Sweet! I should be all set then. Guess I won’t have to start over. Thanks man B)
  • Virtual_K
    1574 posts Play-Off Hero
    Virtual_K wrote: »

According to this thread it has been fixed.

Thanks, it would appear you are correct. Too bad they didn't add a quasi-champions league like they did for Asia or add some sort of MLS/Liga MX tournament to make playing MLS or Liga MX careers more interesting.
  • Alastair
    9424 posts Moderator
    So I told a few of you I'd been working on something over the summer. Here it is. Still hoping to add some more Game Changers to the second post.
  • Ashy
    8410 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    So I told a few of you I'd been working on something over the summer. Here it is. Still hoping to add some more Game Changers to the second post.

Cool to see MGH post on there, (Has over 750k subscribers I believe) he needs to push for improvements as he's one of the biggest Youtube career mode guys out there I think, hopefully EA guys look at that thread though.
  • Alastair
    9424 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »

Cool to see MGH post on there, (Has over 750k subscribers I believe) he needs to push for improvements as he's one of the biggest Youtube career mode guys out there I think, hopefully EA guys look at that thread though.

Yeah, he’s been really supportive of the idea. I’ve had emails/Twitter DMs with a few Game Changers and they have all been quite supportive. This is a key year for the mode so a single community wishlist with lots of responses could carry a lot of power. Hopefully that thread will be shared on Twitter/mentione din a few videos in the coming days.

If you think I missed any big names let me know and I’ll get in contact (there are a few I’m waiting for a reply from but have tried to contact).
  • Wyojasond
    9440 posts League Winner
    I’ve been thinking about this a bit the last few days and thought I’d get your guys input. I remember reading an article last year or the year before. It was a fifa designer talking about how they are actually working on fifas 2-3 years down the road already.

Seeing as how the Journey has been this 3 year project, I’m guessing that’s actually fairly accurate and they just tweak a few things here and there. Hopefully CM has been earmarked as the next project over the next 2-3 years...
  • subpop
    3314 posts National Call-Up
    @Danimal5981

I watched extended highlights of the PSV-Ajax (3-0). I guess it's not enuogh to know what happened to Ajax, but I was surprised by the result.

I had the chance to watch PSV against Barcelona and I thought they are a very good team. The 4-0 at the UCL was excessive, in my opinion. I don't think they are a joy to watch, but their tactical work is very good for the style they play. In any case, opposed to Ajax, they've never been recognizible for "nice football". I still remember how they won their first and only European Cup with draws.

PSV have tactically good players at midfield and fast and efficent in the wings. Bergwijn and Lozano are fast and skillful... and Angeliño's runs from the back are to watch, I especially liked him.

De Jong is a fine striker, hard worker... as Barcelona takes the defensive line far from the goalkeeper, he struggled to do what he knows best, but if he's able to take down the ball, he gives air to the rest of the team.

The game was 1-0 until the 75'... and it was because Messi is a beast in free kicks. In the last minutes, they looked extremely tired, but Barcelona had around a 70% of ball possession and I guess that you can't be running behind the goal all the time.

As I said, despite the result, I thought they are a serious team and I think it won't be easy at their stadium.

Yesterday, watching the extended highlights, I confirmed some of these initial thoughts. They're vertical and they're in the good way, they don't need much to harm the rival. I must also say that Ajax looked extremely weak in defense... In their 2nd goal, De Jong was terrible.

I thought that the result could have even been worse for Ajax... except for Ziyech, who seem the only threat in attack, I saw practically nothing from Ajax in attack. A long distance shot at the first half and a clumsy situation in the 2nd.

Anyone has a bad day, but PSV seemed miles ahead Ajax... at least at this point of the season.
  • Wyojasond
    9440 posts League Winner
    Episode 2 of “The Champions” I got a pretty good laugh from this one :D

http://bleacherreport.com/post/epl/6f1888d5-0a30-4f97-aed6-944312b642b9
  • Episode 2 of “The Champions” I got a pretty good laugh from this one :D

http://bleacherreport.com/post/epl/6f1888d5-0a30-4f97-aed6-944312b642b9

:joy:
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    subpop wrote: »
    @Danimal5981

I watched extended highlights of the PSV-Ajax (3-0). I guess it's not enough to know what happened to Ajax, but I was surprised by the result.

Ajax was too slow and not daring enough, simple as that.
    Plus PSV had 100% conversion: 3 targeted shots, 3 goals.

I guess tactically Erik ten Hag made some errors. A more flexible striker would have been useful, maybe as a false 9 - so Tadic instead of Huntelaar and maybe Labyad on the flank. And Frenkie de Jong as defender is okay against a weaker opponent, but here it would have been better to fit in Max Wöber or Perr Schuurs.

Ajax biggest flaw surfaced again: when plan A doesn't work well, there is no alternative. All substitutes were 1-on-1, not a shift in tactics or approach.

Ziyech was okay, as was Carel Eiting: not bad for a rookie. But Frenkie de Jong, Tagliafico, Schøne and Huntelaar all had a bad day.

It is something Luuk de Jong (PSV) said afterwards: "They (Ajax) have slightly better players, but we have a better gelled team". I guess that hits the nail on the head and not just last game; for quite a while now.

Anyhow, the season's most difficult game has been, we're five points down (again) but this time we have 28 games to make it up, instead of four. So we've taken a hit and now we punch back.