FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Wyojasond
11317 posts Has That Special Something
edited January 13
It’s that time again everyone! Welcome to this years CMS discussion thread. Can’t wait to see everyone’s stories and ideas. B) B) B)

200.gif
Post edited by Alastair on

Comments

• Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    Looking forward to another great year for the section. :)
  • dannyboy
    12810 posts Has That Special Something
    How's it going bros
  • Ashy
    9590 posts League Winner
    What's this 'reactions' thing on everyones profile page?
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    What's this 'reactions' thing on everyones profile page?

The new like feature on posts. Full details here.
  • Danimal5981
    2177 posts Fans' Favourite
    Best to pin it on top :wink:
  • dannyboy
    Lol Alastair remember when they added the like feature on EAUK like a few months before the forums were closed
    Is it happening again
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator

Thanks for reminding me. Spent the last 2 hours sorting all the stickies in the core sections and forgot about this one. :joy:

dannyboy wrote: »
    Lol Alastair remember when they added the like feature on EAUK like a few months before the forums were closed
    Is it happening again

They were turned on at midday and we moved at 3pm the same day iirc. Only a temporary thing. We're not moving any time soon (as far as I know).
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    So after three league titles in a row we sacked our manager last week. We've just announced we're not hiring a new manager, instead we're completely changing the set up of the club.
    ‘We not only want to recruit players for our first team, we also want to bring our own players through our academy and feel we need greater expertise at the club to do that. In addition, we also need to consider when we might be able to go full time, which in itself is a huge project for us to be thinking about.

‘With all that in mind, as a board we feel we need to go down a different route in terms of the football leadership and will therefore be recruiting a Head of Football to manage all aspects relating to the playing side of the club.

‘A Head Coach will be brought in to focus on the management of the first team squad, and he will report to the Head of Football and work closely with him to ensure all football areas are pulling in the same direction. The recruitment process for both these positions has started in earnest and supporters will be provided with updates as soon as they are available.

Can anyone see any positives in that system? I can't see it working at all personally.
  • Wyojasond
    Alastair wrote: »
    So after three league titles in a row we sacked our manager last week. We've just announced we're not hiring a new manager, instead we're completely changing the set up of the club.
    ‘We not only want to recruit players for our first team, we also want to bring our own players through our academy and feel we need greater expertise at the club to do that. In addition, we also need to consider when we might be able to go full time, which in itself is a huge project for us to be thinking about.

‘With all that in mind, as a board we feel we need to go down a different route in terms of the football leadership and will therefore be recruiting a Head of Football to manage all aspects relating to the playing side of the club.

‘A Head Coach will be brought in to focus on the management of the first team squad, and he will report to the Head of Football and work closely with him to ensure all football areas are pulling in the same direction. The recruitment process for both these positions has started in earnest and supporters will be provided with updates as soon as they are available.

Can anyone see any positives in that system? I can't see it working at all personally.

Soooooo, are you just gonna send the players out and tell them to do whatever they want :D I mean that could be fun.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Just let the players be creative and express themselves on the pitch? Is that the plan?
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Hola everyone!! Hype!
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Yo
  • dannyboy
    Alastair wrote: »

Thanks for reminding me. Spent the last 2 hours sorting all the stickies in the core sections and forgot about this one. :joy:

dannyboy wrote: »
    Is it happening again

They were turned on at midday and we moved at 3pm the same day iirc. Only a temporary thing. We're not moving any time soon (as far as I know).

Nah meant old ea UK years ago
  • Wyojasond
    :D :D :D Did you guys see the B/R Champions League home spoof they are doing. They nailed Harry Kane :D :D :D
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    I didn't buy into the idea that Spurs would be off to a bad start due to the world cup because I thought everyone else would have that issue too. But all the England and Belgium players look terrible for Spurs to start this season.

Starting to be worried about how the year is going to go now.
  • Ashy
    9590 posts League Winner
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I didn't buy into the idea that Spurs would be off to a bad start due to the world cup because I thought everyone else would have that issue too. But all the England and Belgium players look terrible for Spurs to start this season.

Maybe because Poch threw them all in almost straight away, many people criticised Sarri for slowly bringing Hazard back, don't think he even played a full 90 minutes in the first 3 games and now look at him he's in top form and looks as fit as ever because he's not rushed back.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Ashy wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »

Maybe because Poch threw them all in almost straight away, many people criticised Sarri for slowly bringing Hazard back, don't think he even played a full 90 minutes in the first 3 games and now look at him he's in top form and looks as fit as ever because he's not rushed back.

I agree with that. Poch put so much focus on starting the year off strong because previous years under Poch Spurs have started terrible.

Spurs also had the most players and 2nd most minutes played at the WC. Add in the preseason injuries and Pochs mistakes then this is the mess they find themselves in.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    Been a while since my last CM story. Don't know if I have any plans to make one this year but I'm going to try and be more active around here again. Will be reading other peoples stories at least (Already spotted one for NUFC :o )
    Post edited by Greenman019 on
  • WestardLord
    1459 posts Professional
    Did all the old threads get deleted?
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018

No. Check out the Fifa 18 section. Your thread is there... and I guess they can move it here.

Surely @Alastair can help you in this.

EDIT: I don't see the fifa 18 section anymore.
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    Been a while since my last CM story. Don't know if I have any plans to make one this year but I'm going to try and be more active around here again. Will be reading other peoples stories at least (Already spotted one for NUFC :o )

I might make a story. Depends if I enjoy FIFA 19, as I just couldn't enjoy 18 as much as I had with previous versions (Which was why my FIFA 18 Story ended earlier then planned).

I might pick a team in England this time, like my Wycombe story.
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    subpop wrote: »

No. Check out the Fifa 18 section. Your thread is there... and I guess they can move it here.

Surely @Alastair can help you in this.

EDIT: I don't see the fifa 18 section anymore.

It’s all archived. Drop me a PM and I can move anything over to this section. :)
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    I like the idea of taking a club that has plenty of room to grow, is in a top league and does not have a history of winning. I'm thinking Crystal Palace to start. Something different then doing another Spurs career.
  • Wyojasond
    Hoping this works. This is the Bleacher Report “Champions League” spoof I was talking about yesterday. Worth a watch :D :D :D

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796237-the-champions-episode-1?share=other
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Hoping this works. This is the Bleacher Report “Champions League” spoof I was talking about yesterday. Worth a watch :D :D :D

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796237-the-champions-episode-1?share=other

Very funny. I like the PSG players, especially Neymars arrival.
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    Just a heads up guys. If you ever think a story (or any forum thread) is worthy of highlighting with a forum wide banner then drop me a PM or post in here /tag me in the thread and I'll suggest it to Andy. :)
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hey Guys, FIFA19 Hype. Good to see all of you again.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move

This is literally the best update we've got in years
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2018/fifa-19-career-mode-most-authentic

That’s the new CM changed. What does everyone think?