EA Early Access? What is it?

cdbuck26
3369 posts National Call-Up
So I have early access, and then I pre-ordered the standard edition of the game. Does that mean that I get the game today with everyone else?

Sidenote, what time is the webapp supposed to come out? Cause then I'll check 3 days later when it's still not up

Comments

• Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    EA Access is a 10h trial of the game, and is independent of pre-ordering FIFA 19. Since you have the standard edition, you will get the full game on the 28th when it's the official launch.

The webapp is set to be launched today, no official time announced so just be patient.
  • SocratesMe
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You'll get 10 hours today. But once those run out you'll have to wait for the standard release date.

Web app is today.
  • cdbuck26
    Wait so do I get the 10 hours today or not at all? And is there a set time today for the web app?
  • Tof33z
    6780 posts Big Money Move
    cdbuck26 wrote: »
    Wait so do I get the 10 hours today or not at all? And is there a set time today for the web app?

10 hours officially tomorrow but may happen late tonight. No set time for webapp
  • cdbuck26
    Tof33z wrote: »

10 hours officially tomorrow but may happen late tonight. No set time for webapp

Huh, so I do get it even though I only bought the standard edition with EA access, but I get it on the 20th?
  • SocratesMe
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You get 10 hours. When that 10 hours expires you'll have to wait for standard release.
  • Daveofwales01
    8349 posts League Winner
    You get the 10 hours through access (even if you haven't pre ordered the game) then as you have standard you will have to wait from their expiry until the 28th for the full game.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    edited September 2018

Huh, so I do get it even though I only bought the standard edition with EA access, but I get it on the 20th?

You get a 10h trial tomorrow because you have EA Access and has nothing to do with you pre-ordering FIFA 19, which I mentioned in my last comment. Even if you didn't pre-order FIFA 19, you'd still get the 10h trial.

• MaestroPirlo21
    1381 posts Professional
    I didn't want to start a whole new thread here, so I will ask in this one since it is related to each access.

I have already pre-ordered the standard edition. I have some free time this weekend. It is possible to get access for month, just for the 10 hours and then cancel it immediately so I don't pay for the entire year?

By Saturday will there still be many people with some of those 10 hours left?
  • cdbuck26

You get a 10h trial tomorrow because you have EA Access and has nothing to do with you pre-ordering FIFA 19, which I mentioned in my last comment. Even if you didn't pre-order FIFA 19, you'd still get the 10h trial.

Oh nice, thanks that's really helpful
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    I didn't want to start a whole new thread here, so I will ask in this one since it is related to each access.

I have already pre-ordered the standard edition. I have some free time this weekend. It is possible to get access for month, just for the 10 hours and then cancel it immediately so I don't pay for the entire year?

Yes, at least where I am you can. $5/month or $30/year

@cdbuck26 :+1:
  • WFCBagnall
    70452 posts Moderator

Yes. Cancel it when you're done and it'll give you money back too.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

Yes. You can cancel it 30 seconds after you buy it. It just won’t renew in a months time.
  • UM4R
    3942 posts Moderator

@MaestroPirlo21 you do have the option of only buying a subscription for a month. Think its £4 for one month and £20 for the year
  • Dan is Clutch
    25039 posts Player of the Year
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

That's not true, i think you have to actually go ask for a refund to get the money back. :joy:
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1381 posts Professional
    Thanks everybody. Saturday it is then...the weekend will have to hold me over until next Friday I guess. :D
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4348 posts National Call-Up

That's not true, i think you have to actually go ask for a refund to get the money back. :joy:

I do it every every year. You get the money back after like 4 or 5 days of canceling. I always have thought it stupid that they allow it, but they do, so i do it.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts

I do it every every year. You get the money back after like 4 or 5 days of canceling. I always have thought it stupid that they allow it, but they do, so i do it.

Really? Might give that a go after work then lol
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4348 posts National Call-Up

I do it in 2 accounts every year.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts

I do it in 2 accounts every year.

So purchase the month and instantly cancel? Will I still be able to download the trial by doing that?
    Or purchase the month, download trial, then cancel?
  • Dan is Clutch
    I've cancelled every year and never got the money back.
  • EddieFicio
    21760 posts Club Captain

I get a refund everytime i cancel on the webpage :D
  • Diggy
    13633 posts Has That Special Something

I cancelled after 3 days last year & got £3.66 refunded I wasn’t expecting a refund but got one
  • Dan is Clutch
    I cancelled it within about 30 seconds of getting it like a month ago, i never got a refund. Now i feel cheated. :joy:
  • Pc players have early access now
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    MrMagicNL wrote: »
    Pc players have early access now

Theirs was always publicised as being earlier.
  • cdbuck26

Lucky them
  • Gamble
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

It's live on xbox now - currently on it as we speak.
  • Crossland
    7876 posts League Winner
    Xbox apparently has it too
  • cdbuck26
    Gamble wrote: »
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

It's live on xbox now - currently on it as we speak.

No way that's crazy