Bronze pack method thread (SPM added on page 16)

Comments

• SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    D6V06wB.png

Ended up with this after spending only 15 quid at the start of 18.

I did other trading aswell as bpm but it was the starting point for me learning how to make easy coins.

How many games did u play?

Got about 950 wins, about 50 draws and about 500 losses so 1500 ish. Mostly wl/dkt. I seemed to draw alot lately in div 1 for some reason. Better than losing I spose.
  • SocratesMe
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you guys keep the players or list them?

The method says about listing people and I presumed that's what you do. But then people are saying about clearing out a club and making bare paper (Yeah, I'm down with the kids) when a specific SBC comes along?
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    SocratesMe wrote: »

The method says about listing people and I presumed that's what you do. But then people are saying about clearing out a club and making bare paper (Yeah, I'm down with the kids) when a specific SBC comes along?

Depends. If players aren't selling or I decide to save players from a certain league etc then I'll send them to club. Everyone will have their own little nuances.

I always stock up on Irish players for example due to st Patrick's. Also you get to the point where you pull lots of dupes so then you do silver upgrades to clear room and get players for sbc's or gold upgrades.
  • Knowlesdinho
    11467 posts Has That Special Something

There’s variables to

There are variations to the method. What I tend to do in the initial stages of bpm is list all players, and things that I know sell. After several restocks and relists it becomes apparent what players are not selling, so I send those to the club.

After a little while, I get to know what doesn’t sell, or what’s not worth bothering with listing, so I send them back to the club automatically without listing.

As I’m going along, I try to send as many original players back to my club as possible, whilst still trying to make a profit from the pack.

Doing this, you’ll should eventually get to a stage where you are pulling a lot of duplicates, in which case you could rinse your club into upgrades. Just don’t do it the day before Marquee Matchups is released.

You’ll find your own flow. @jdros tends to go for higher prices, like nif. I tend to try and get everything to sell, even if it’s for 150 coins.
  • jdros
    2634 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    @SocratesMe

If you want to know exactly what I’m about to do...Im going to take my starter team / loan players / etc and I’m going to unlock my coin boosts and play as many matches as I have time for between the 20th and the 28th to use up those boosts.

At some point during that time, most likely when I’m watching tv, I’m going to start opening bronze packs and putting everything that comes out of them into my club, only sending duplicates to my trade pile. I will stop when I either run out of trade slots or run out of coins.

Once I have completed this I will have a base of players in my club which can be used to complete SBCs, sell if they are MM relevant, etc. I never list any player in my trade pile for less than 900/1000bin, no matter who that player is.

I could go into further detail, but this is not exactly what others do but it works for me and the way I want to do it. I very rarely do any “investing”, I invest by purchasing bronze packs and holding the contents until they are valuable. The reason I only list for 1k+ is that I’m ok with not making a sale for a while if necessary. I want to get as close to peak price as I can when my cards sell and not be constantly flipping cards for smaller amounts.

I am not doing it the “right” way, I’m doing it “my” way. You’ll have your own tweaks as well. In my experience, the best way to make significant coins in this method is to have cards on hand at the right time to sell at the inflated price.
  • SocratesMe
    Awesome! Thanks for the write up!
  • Knowlesdinho
    jdros wrote: »
    @SocratesMe

If you want to know exactly what I’m about to do...Im going to take my starter team / loan players / etc and I’m going to unlock my coin boosts and play as many matches as I have time for between the 20th and the 28th to use up those boosts.

At some point during that time, most likely when I’m watching tv, I’m going to start opening bronze packs and putting everything that comes out of them into my club, only sending duplicates to my trade pile. I will stop when I either run out of trade slots or run out of coins.

Once I have completed this I will have a base of players in my club which can be used to complete SBCs, sell if they are MM relevant, etc. I never list any player in my trade pile for less than 900/1000bin, no matter who that player is.

I could go into further detail, but this is not exactly what others do but it works for me and the way I want to do it. I very rarely do any “investing”, I invest by purchasing bronze packs and holding the contents until they are valuable. The reason I only list for 1k+ is that I’m ok with not making a sale for a while if necessary. I want to get as close to peak price as I can when my cards sell and not be constantly flipping cards for smaller amounts.

I am not doing it the “right” way, I’m doing it “my” way. You’ll have your own tweaks as well. In my experience, the best way to make significant coins in this method is to have cards on hand at the right time to sell at the inflated price.

And that’s the point really, you find what’s right for you.

I occasionally get PMs saying it doesn’t work, but that’s because people rely too much on the words that I’ve written, and don’t try working things out for themselves.

That’s the good thing about the guys on this thread, we all have our own style, but we all have success.
  • SocratesMe
    Without a doubt. I usually do the NIF method and people will buy 4 cards, list them for 2 hours and when they don't get a sale claim it doesn't work.
  • Knowlesdinho
    Without a doubt. I usually do the NIF method and people will buy 4 cards, list them for 2 hours and when they don't get a sale claim it doesn't work.

Like all methods, patience is key.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9801 posts League Winner

Like all methods, patience is key.

Yup, the most important factor imo.

Have a mate who’s actually a really decent player, elite 1-2 every week and even got T100 twice, so he didn’t necessarily need coins but would always want to trade so I’d explain a few methods and he’d usually give up after literally three relists.. then wonder how I’m making so much off of it :joy:
  • jdros
    edited September 2018
    You don’t realize how good this method is until about a month from now, when some SBC will hit and every card from some league will be worth 5k+, some will be instabinning at 10k. You clean out that league from your club and realize that you had 30 cards you effectively paid nothing for (because you are selling consumables, using consumables, whatever) which just generated you 200k in a couple hours.

It happens.
  • Ugri
    7079 posts Big Money Move
    Hyped for this again!

In addition to this after a few weeks i start to buy the bronzes i dont have from the main 10leagues. When legaue sbscs and mms drop this will help a lot!!
  • Thefranchise92
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    Ugri wrote: »
    Hyped for this again!

In addition to this after a few weeks i start to buy the bronzes i dont have from the main 10leagues. When legaue sbscs and mms drop this will help a lot!!

Is this so u have every SBC covered?
  • Thefranchise92
    How many bronze packs do u open
  • Thefranchise92
    @SocratesMe

So u wait till a bronze or silver is worth upwards of 1000?
  • Thefranchise92
    D6V06wB.png

Ended up with this after spending only 15 quid at the start of 18.

I did other trading aswell as bpm but it was the starting point for me learning how to make easy coins.

How many games did u play?

Got about 950 wins, about 50 draws and about 500 losses so 1500 ish. Mostly wl/dkt. I seemed to draw alot lately in div 1 for some reason. Better than losing I spose.
    Nice man so u dont have to burn yourself out
  • Thefranchise92
    Either way bpm pays out by making you coins and making obscure mm cheaper. Plus you have duplicate storage so hoarding and no need to discard players into silver upgrades
  • Thefranchise92
    What's the discord passcode
  • Thefranchise92
    Dw got it
  • Knowlesdinho
    edited September 2018
    What's the discord passcode

Bottom of the op there is a link
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    BPM always works, its a grind though.
  • MikeyP_FC
    13226 posts Has That Special Something
    @SocratesMe

Either until it’s worth that much due to an SBC or beforehand if a lazy buyer is willing to pay it. Start of the game there tends to be lazy buyers abound
  • jdros
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    @SocratesMe

Either until it’s worth that much due to an SBC or beforehand if a lazy buyer is willing to pay it. Start of the game there tends to be lazy buyers abound

• MikeyP_FC
    13226 posts Has That Special Something
    Like your write ups @jdros :cookie:
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Either way bpm pays out by making you coins and making obscure mm cheaper. Plus you have duplicate storage so hoarding and no need to discard players into silver upgrades

You won’t have duplicate storage
  • jdros
    I’m going to NYC today with the family (leaving for the train now) so I’m going to miss the launch of the web app. Good luck today everyone!
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m going to NYC today with the family (leaving for the train now) so I’m going to miss the launch of the web app. Good luck today everyone!

No WiFi on the train? :o

When I took the train from Boston to NYC earlier this year, there was WiFi! :wink:

Also, this:

• Thefranchise92
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

You won’t have duplicate storage

Why
  • jdros
    mjs4p wrote: »

When I took the train from Boston to NYC earlier this year, there was WiFi! :wink:

Also, this:

Oh I’ll be online off and on during the day, I’m just not opening starter packs until I get back home. I can wait a few hours.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    mjs4p wrote: »

Also, this:

Oh I’ll be online off and on during the day, I’m just not opening starter packs until I get back home. I can wait a few hours.

I definitely wouldn’t be able to stop myself! :D I’m opening them at work on my phone as soon as it’s out!