TRADING WITH GOLDS! NON IN-FORM TRADING (LOW COIN START)

Comments

• Rafael89
    513 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SocratesMe wrote: »
    RBailss wrote: »
    Anyone got a spreadsheet template to track sales? I had one last year but can't find it anywhere!

There's an updated one in the OP. Less manual than last year. Just fill in the columns ABC and it'll do the rest for you.

Don't know how but didn't work last year for me and doesn't work now either lol. Downloaded the file as Excel file but there seems to be an error in the formula when I've downloaded it
  • ITSSPENO wrote: »
    Rafael89 wrote: »
    LukakuMUFC wrote: »
    Easily more than 50k per day considering it being game release soon. Hardly anyone is gonna know the prices and will just be buying

Are you keeping track of you're selling players or just buy back what have been sold?

Bit of both really. Most players I'll restock and make a note of the profit. But obviously if I'm only selling a player once every week or two then I won't restock. I'll try a different player to sell

I tried it a bit in 18 with an Excel sheet but after a while it became a bit too much time consuming, any tips for that?

I just look through what I've sold in a cycle and mentally total up the profit I think I made then make a note. Not the most accurate but barely takes any time and gives me a rough idea

In regards to this I've added the new excel sheet to the OP (I promise I will one day sort that out :neutral: ) which should be a bit easier.
    Please save it as your own.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ENL2GOiHn7OUbrsvV2T1EdOf2DW5k-7jSQKy_ZWnAo/edit?usp=sharing

Quite similar to mine.

Although previously because I'd sell a lot of the same card, they'd all be at different values so I'd have an individual line for each. Quite time consuming but satisfying all the same.

Might have to simplify it if I'm switching to doing single cards as well as groups
  • RBailss
    12066 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone got a spreadsheet template to track sales? I had one last year but can't find it anywhere!

There's an updated one in the OP. Less manual than last year. Just fill in the columns ABC and it'll do the rest for you.

Something tells me you've been here before :# :#
  • dawsonz
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ITSSPENO wrote: »
    In regards to this I've added the new excel sheet to the OP (I promise I will one day sort that out :neutral: ) which should be a bit easier.
    Please save it as your own.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ENL2GOiHn7OUbrsvV2T1EdOf2DW5k-7jSQKy_ZWnAo/edit?usp=sharing

Very useful, thank you.
  • SocratesMe
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Don't know how but didn't work last year for me and doesn't work now either lol. Downloaded the file as Excel file but there seems to be an error in the formula when I've downloaded it

Google Sheets and Excel do vary slightly, it'll be the array forumla that's causing the problems I expect.

In N7, does it have a { at the start? If it doesn't, click in the formula bar, instead of pressing enter do Ctrl + Shift + Enter and it should fix it.

Same for the set below, then just drag it down
  • RBailss
    How do I save a copy of the google sheet as my own.. I swear I'm losing all the tech knowledge I once had :joy:
  • SocratesMe
    File > Make a copy
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    File > Make a copy

Slow down professor :joy:
  • marcus2596
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can't wait to start this again ngl
  • RBailss
    File > Make a copy

Got ya... And you just keep on adding to the list? Is there a way of freezing the highlighted cells so I don't need to keep scrolling back to the top?

b1eaef20536fbad813897f085849daf6.png
  • SocratesMe
    If you check the master copy, I've frozen the first 5 rows, so the titles will always be there but I can't see a way of keeping the tables in view too
  • SocratesMe
    edited September 2018
    I've also added a macro to it so that unsold players (that you'll need to update the sold prices for) are at the top.

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+9

That should reduce the scrolling
  • Rafael89
    513 posts An Exciting Prospect

Google Sheets and Excel do vary slightly, it'll be the array forumla that's causing the problems I expect.

In N7, does it have a { at the start? If it doesn't, click in the formula bar, instead of pressing enter do Ctrl + Shift + Enter and it should fix it.

Same for the set below, then just drag it down

Thanks! @SocratesMe
  • RBailss
    I've also added a macro to it so that unsold players (that you'll need to update the sold prices for) are at the top.

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+9

Nice one mate
  • RBailss

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+9

Would I need to run that Macro whenever I update my player list?
  • Novwait
    888 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

Click File > Download as > Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)
  • ITSSPENO
    1974 posts Fans' Favourite

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+9

Don't think you'll be getting an answer to that one :sweat_smile:

Try it out or I'll have a Look when I'm home later
  • RBailss
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

Oh then just use it from Excel yeah?
  • RBailss
    ITSSPENO wrote: »

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+9

Don't think you'll be getting an answer to that one :sweat_smile:

Try it out or I'll have a Look when I'm home later

Haha, I put some dummy figures in & it didn't automatically update.. It did when I ran the macro though.
  • RBailss wrote: »
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

Yeah, mate. That's what I did!
  • RBailss
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

Ahh mine doesn't work.. Coming up with a load of #N/A & #NUM!
  • Novwait
    888 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

Yeah that's the same with mine. The right section of the spreadsheet doesn't work, but the one on the left does. It's odd because making a copy doesn't corrupt the file, but when you download the file, it's more or less rendered useless. Maybe OP can help.

2LnMz.png
  • RBailss
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

Yeah that's the same with mine. The right section of the spreadsheet doesn't work, but the one on the left does.

2LnMz.png

Hmm... @SocratesMe commented above on how to fix it but it didn't work for me
  • Novwait
    888 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

Yeah that's the same with mine. The right section of the spreadsheet doesn't work, but the one on the left does.

2LnMz.png

That's for something else.

What @SocratesMe explained is to do with placing unsold players at the top of the table.

For example, let's say I bought three players (Lovren, Cancelo, and Walcott) and only sold two of them (Lovren and Cancelo).

You can use the macro above, which is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+9, to place your unsold player(s) - in this case, Walcott - at the top of the spreadsheet.

This only works if you use the Make a copy option btw, so your table would initially look like this:

2LnNS.png

Once you use that macro, it will take a few seconds before you see this message:

2LnNT.png

Click continue and follow the required steps, and then your table will have your unsold player at the top:

2LnPh.png
  • ITSSPENO
    1974 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

2LnMz.png

As a workaround can you try 're uploading to your own G-drive and using through Google?
  • ITSSPENO wrote: »
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

2LnMz.png

As a workaround can you try 're uploading to your own G-drive and using through Google?

Do you know why the excel sheet doesn't function when I download the file? Making a copy is fine, but downloading the file seems to corrupt it.
  • RBailss
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

2LnMz.png

What @SocratesMe explained is to do with placing unsold players at the top of the table.

For example, let's say I bought three players (Lovren, Cancelo, and Walcott) and only sold two of them (Lovren and Cancelo).

You can use the macro above, which is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+9, to place your unsold player(s) - in this case, Walcott - at the top of the spreadsheet.

This only works if you use the Make a copy option btw, so your table would initially look like this:

2LnNS.png

Once you use that macro, it will take a few seconds before you see this message:

2LnNT.png

Click continue and follow the required steps, and then your table will have your unsold player at the top:

2LnPh.png

Yeah that's how I'd been doing it... Another option is to just sort the data lowest to highest.

I kinda prefer it on google sheets as I can access it from work/phone/home whenever I need to.
  • RBailss
    You seen the message he's left on the main template :joy:
  • RBailss wrote: »
    @RBailss

Just download the file.

2LnMz.png

2LnNS.png

2LnNT.png

2LnPh.png

Yeah that's how I'd been doing it... Another option is to just sort the data lowest to highest.

I kinda prefer it on google sheets as I can access it from work/phone/home whenever I need to.
    You seen the message he's left on the main template :joy:

I must have misinterpreted what you said. My bad. I prefer to have everything saved on my PC, though.

And yeah just seen it now. Class haha.
  • RBailss
    7064e9ed8f7f007fa3dcc8d47b34b208.png

The google sheet isn't working correctly either btw, look at the attached data. It doesn't match up.